Stags vs latics - bottom half derby

AdamStag

Well-Known Member
Messages
5,471
Likes
821
Supports
Mansfield Town
Thread starter #1
So the season for both sides hasn’t really planned out how both sides were hoping.

When Mansfield last came across Oldham promotion was on offer only for the players and manager to perform one of the biggest bottle jobs in our recent history and Oldham were resurgent in their chase of the playoffs.

For Mansfield John dempster stepped in and to date has well, failed. A home record of won 1 drawn 2 and lost 6 (if you include penalties) is frankly ridiculous and a loss Saturday should hopefully see him sacked after the board fucked up. Despite our recent wins at Grimsby and Scunthorpe both performances were still dire, and there appears to be little hope of progress

As for Oldham, well they’ve had an equally poor start to the season which has led to what looked a promising end of last season turn into a nightmare start this season - but make an equally bizarre (from my perspective) take on Dino maamria who was recently sacked from Stevenage after a dreadful run.

Plenty of fans for both teams here - so let’s battle it out - who’s less shit than the other!? :lol:
 

Conker

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,149
Likes
617
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
#5
Not looking forward to it, suppose a slight hope we will turn a corner after the last minute win?

If Dempster can not get a double win today I think I’ll be 100% satisfied I would make a better manager.
 
Messages
202
Likes
33
Location
Oldham
Supports
Oldham
#6
I expect us to have less possession and less shots on target. Normally I would be in attendance but I’ve lost all interest recently I still go to home games because of having a season ticket but my passion for an away day has gone for the time being
 

Conker

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,149
Likes
617
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
#12
Oldham fans were absolutely fantastic throughout.

It was comfortable before the double sending off to be honest, it was definitely a second yellow and the other did look like a red too even if he got the ball.
 

AdamStag

Well-Known Member
Messages
5,471
Likes
821
Supports
Mansfield Town
Thread starter #13
In honesty they were both infront of me and the first could easily have been a red, the 2nd challenge was ridiculous! - and trust me I’ve seen some of them from Mansfield this season!

We were already cruising before the 2 sendings off anyway and Oldham played as well as can be expected with 9 men.

Oldham fans were class though, one of those circumstances where it’s so shit it’s actually alright!
 
Messages
202
Likes
33
Location
Oldham
Supports
Oldham
#14
I despair with my team We are in danger of going out of the league and there’s a Fan lead group trying to buy the ground. They are now saying they can buy 10% of the shares from another source even though the chairman and the board say the chairman owns 97% and the supports trust own the other 3% it’s a shambolic state of affairs and it’s reflecting on the pitch
 

Conker

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,149
Likes
617
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
#15
Oldham players didn’t give up to be fair, deffo some sort of spirit in it but the quality is seriously lacking.

I see the lad who got carried off is okay too.
 
Last edited:

Carver

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,947
Likes
654
Location
UK
Supports
Carlisle Utd
#16
I despair with my team We are in danger of going out of the league and there’s a Fan lead group trying to buy the ground. They are now saying they can buy 10% of the shares from another source even though the chairman and the board say the chairman owns 97% and the supports trust own the other 3% it’s a shambolic state of affairs and it’s reflecting on the pitch
Is your chairman some stubborn old fuddy duddy by any chance?
 
Messages
202
Likes
33
Location
Oldham
Supports
Oldham
#17
No the chairman is a Moroccan buisness man former football agent who has put his brother in as sporting director Who is in charge of recruitment he thinks he’s doing a good job. Both stubborn
 
Messages
847
Likes
240
Location
Cheshire
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
#20
In 50 years of watching football I can’t recall 2 players from 1 team both being sent off for bad fouls in the same passage of play. Dino Maamria effect perhaps!
 

WH_Stag

Active Member
Messages
613
Likes
46
Supports
Mansfield Town
#22
Thanks for Dion Donohue - even though he’s a nobhead
He's on a month by month contract because he might be going to prison for assault. What he did to that kid was disgusting. Shame on Swindon for taking him

When we play swindon someone will snap him in half.
 

AdamStag

Well-Known Member
Messages
5,471
Likes
821
Supports
Mansfield Town
Thread starter #23
He obviously has ability but he’s a complete nutter.

If you can eliminate that element to him you’ve half a player
 

Conker

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,149
Likes
617
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
#24
Looking at the highlights both reds justified, but the decision to give the penalty was ridiculous and Dapo goal should have never stood either considering Oldham had a player completely unconscious on the pitch.

Referee deserves a bollocking, concussion is no
joke.
 

WH_Stag

Active Member
Messages
613
Likes
46
Supports
Mansfield Town
#25
Looking at the highlights both reds justified, but the decision to give the penalty was ridiculous and Dapo goal should have never stood either considering Oldham had a player completely unconscious on the pitch.

Referee deserves a bollocking, concussion is no
joke.
It never looked like a head injury in real time during play, the ref was way beyond the lad on the floor and the ball was in the net before anyone really realised. Definitely a goal. Get from stagsnet how you feel about concussion but no one knew at the time. He even fouled Maynard and he did well to keep going... Again didn't look like a head injury in real time.

Also it was a peno, got the ball yes, took him out with his other leg and fouled him, yes.
 

Richard Cranium

Goma Lambu 12" penis
Messages
4,062
Likes
1,924
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
#26
Never a penalty. Not even close, poor from the ref. Our 4th I think rightly stood, The lad who thankfully is OK now was all over Maynard and then the next had ago aswell before he set the goal up.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
14,724
Messages
897,568
Members
4,973
Latest member
East Yorkshire Mariner