New Years Games

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
Shola Ameobi's Notts County
Impeccable banter from our twitter account releasing a new angle showing the ball over the line.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Vindication for Paul Marsden and his merry band of linesmen.

Don’t think it’s completely conclusive tbf but it’s the best angle you’re going to get and it does look in. Shows how deceptive the angle behind the goal can be though - it looked miles in at the time because of how far back in the goal Davies ended up.

If I was Wrexham I would be worried about how Kyle Cameron, a centre back, and Adam Chicksen, a makeshift left wing back we normally play at centre back, demolished their right side for all three goals.

Last edited:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Interesting how the narrative in this thread changed from us being wasteful, to how we deserved that point. Not saying the wastefulness comments weren't fair, just more that the fine margins swing it in these situations. We were the better team today and while that hasn't necessarily been a prominent narrative in our slump, we have been unlucky in terms of dropped points against some of the teams that are looking like they might be in the promotion hunt.

Which is why I think Myles Weston is one of the better ones at this level. 34 but can still run and has a peach of an inswinger from the the right with his left foot. Mind you, that’s probably why he played a bit higher in his prime.
Yep, he's looked very good from what I've seen. Has he been fairly consistent?
What's up with Fox? has he won a competition to play today?

This Fox guy is really shit isn't he

Fox's broken biscuits

Fox is a cracking player but he’s just not a finisher, McAtee being out has forced us to play him further forward which is not his bag at all.

He’d walk into most midfields in this league
Yeah, Fox is decent. Needs to acclimatise to the Conference a bit, but he's good enough.

Pearson was at it all game with our centre halves he'd clearly been told to provoke them, he had Bradbury in a fucking head lock at one point, the ref did nothing. Waters is brought down on the edge of the box with only the keeper in front of him- that's a RED card, not a yellow! :dk: We can all play the blame game, fucker.

Wrestling with the opposition and then flinging himself on the floor during corners is just what Pearson does. He does it in every game., spends a good section of the game screaming in disbelief in the refs face. It's great.
Was gonna respond to B2TF with pretty much exactly what you've said about Pearson, EnglishRed. I think you'd be hard pushed to find a player in the last couple of decades at this level that has been as good as Pearson as has for so long and to not get at least a decent stab at League 2. All of the things about Russell Slade's second spell with us, letting Pearson go is what annoys me the most. Not just because we missed out on having a good CB at that level, but because he lost that opportunity. But he is definitely a bit of a shitbag at times.

Last edited:

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Pearson has always struck me as a very solid, reliable defender and a great pro. I like everything about him to be honest, he’s exactly what you’d want at the heart of your defence at this level. Nowt fancy, just a warrior that will stick his head where most wouldn’t put their foot!

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Looks like you must’ve took a wrong turn there mucker as that photo is taken from Imperial Avenue which leads to the Pontoon, not the away end so no idea why you’d have been down there to take that photo? :dk:
Sorry mate, sounds like you don't event know your own ground, when was the last time you went there? Why didn't you take up my offer to come and meet me? I was waiting for you. :box: No bottle, huh. :fl:

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Pearson has always struck me as a very solid, reliable defender and a great pro. I like everything about him to be honest, he’s exactly what you’d want at the heart of your defence at this level. Nowt fancy, just a warrior that will stick his head where most wouldn’t put their foot!

Hes a leader in every sense of the word, on and off the field. Quite an old school defender (in a good way). Great guy to boot. Definite shithouse on the pitch though!

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Interesting how the narrative in this thread changed from us being wasteful, to how we deserved that point. Not saying the wastefulness comments weren't fair, just more that the fine margins swing it in these situations. We were the better team today and while that hasn't necessarily been a prominent narrative in our slump, we have been unlucky in terms of dropped points against some of the teams that are looking like they might be in the promotion hunt.

Yep, he's looked very good from what I've seen. Has he been fairly consistent?

Yeah, Fox is decent. Needs to acclimatise to the Conference a bit, but he's good enough.

Was gonna respond to B2TF with pretty much exactly what you've said about Pearson, EnglishRed. I think you'd be hard pushed to find a player in the last couple of decades at this level that has been as good as Pearson as has for so long and to not get at least a decent stab at League 2. All of the things about Russell Slade's second spell with us, letting Pearson go is what annoys me the most. Not just because we missed out on having a good CB at that level, but because he lost that opportunity. But he is definitely a bit of a shitbag at times.

I didn't watch all the game (last ten minutes of the first half and most of the second) but from what I saw a draw was definitely a fair result. Halifax seemed content to try and contain you- and nearly pulled it off, but they weren't quite good enough. It was pretty much all Grimsby though so it wasn't a surprise you equalised. Not a desperately high quality game though.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

Don’t think it’s completely conclusive tbf but it’s the best angle you’re going to get and it does look in. Shows how deceptive the angle behind the goal can be though - it looked miles in at the time because of how far back in the goal Davies ended up.

If I was Wrexham I would be worried about how Kyle Cameron, a centre back, and Adam Chicksen, a makeshift left wing back we normally play at centre back, demolished their right side for all three goals.

Three words. Reece Hall Johnson.

He certainly weighs in with his share of goals but defending is not his strong suit. If we get someone like Patrick Brough this month, as rumoured, and move Hosannah over to the right thats a team upgrade straight away.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

Reece Hall-Johnson can't defend. It's a worry that most of our fans have but thank you for your concern.

SomeMightShay

Reaction score
Supports
FC Halifax Town
Twitter
@SomeMightShay
I didn't watch all the game (last ten minutes of the first half and most of the second) but from what I saw a draw was definitely a fair result. Halifax seemed content to try and contain you- and nearly pulled it off, but they weren't quite good enough. It was pretty much all Grimsby though so it wasn't a surprise you equalised. Not a desperately high quality game though.
It very rarely is a high quality game when the tv cameras are on us, don't know why we always suffer stage fright.

SomeMightShay

Reaction score
Supports
FC Halifax Town
Twitter
@SomeMightShay
Three words. Reece Hall Johnson.

He certainly weighs in with his share of goals but defending is not his strong suit. If we get someone like Patrick Brough this month, as rumoured, and move Hosannah over to the right thats a team upgrade straight away.
Brough only signed a new two year deal in August and was seemingly gathering interest from L1 clubs so that would be a shock signing and be an indication of the type of 'here for the payday' mercs that Wrexham can expect to attract.

SomeMightShay

Reaction score
Supports
FC Halifax Town
Twitter
@SomeMightShay
I did think that from our very first set piece their centre half's were manhandling and pulling the shirts of Pearson and Waterfall and the ref let them get away with it for the rest of game (just calling both players over each time for a "word"). To be fair most of it was typical of most games but the one time it was a blatant penalty they go and score 20 seconds later.

Ref should have got a grip of it from the first set piece not let it get that far.
Pearson had a good handful of Bradbury's shirt before the "foul" and had been at it at all set pieces so maybe a case of the boy that cried wolf in the refs mind? I wouldn't be surprised if it had been given but then again when will we ever not be surprised by some of the officiating in the National League. Gutting not to be able to hold onto the snatch and grab but keeps our mini unbeaten run going.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Pearson had a good handful of Bradbury's shirt before the "foul" and had been at it at all set pieces so maybe a case of the boy that cried wolf in the refs mind? I wouldn't be surprised if it had been given but then again when will we ever not be surprised by some of the officiating in the National League. Gutting not to be able to hold onto the snatch and grab but keeps our mini unbeaten run going.

As I said the ref should have got a grip of it from the first set piece not let it get that far in the first place.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yeah, a draw probably was a fair result however if anyone did deserve to edge it then I'd say it was us. My point was more that had we come out of home matches vs Notts, Chesterfield and Halifax with three 1-0 defeats it would have been unjust considering we've deserved at least a point in all three. Definitely a lack of quality at times, however the cross and header for the equaliser certainly don't fall into this category. I'll take not desperately high quality for now though, considering the vast majority of the last ten or so matches have been absolute shite.

Hopefully we've got Max Wright back for a bit now. With his return, JMD getting on the scoresheet and McAtee back I'm feeling a bit more confident. Also, I thought Alex Hunt was excellent when he came on for Coke. Good to see him making an impact on a match. Warburton for them looked decent too, I remember him signing for Cobblers in L2 and he was supposed to be hot shit, so I'm not surprised he's doing well at this level. No complaints about the Pearson penalty shout from me either. Seen them given but really it was six of one half a dozen of the other.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Yeah, a draw probably was a fair result however if anyone did deserve to edge it then I'd say it was us. My point was more that had we come out of home matches vs Notts, Chesterfield and Halifax with three 1-0 defeats it would have been unjust considering we've deserved at least a point in all three. Definitely a lack of quality at times, however the cross and header for the equaliser certainly don't fall into this category. I'll take not desperately high quality for now though, considering the vast majority of the last ten or so matches have been absolute shite.

Hopefully we've got Max Wright back for a bit now. With his return, JMD getting on the scoresheet and McAtee back I'm feeling a bit more confident. Also, I thought Alex Hunt was excellent when he came on for Coke. Good to see him making an impact on a match. Warburton for them looked decent too, I remember him signing for Cobblers in L2 and he was supposed to be hot shit, so I'm not surprised he's doing well at this level. No complaints about the Pearson penalty shout from me either. Seen them given but really it was six of one half a dozen of the other.
I thought Grimsby moved the ball around really well in the second half, in fact I think they set a bar for us, with their movement and the speed and accuracy of their passing. There. I've said it. :ds:

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC

You were much the better team yesterday and you had far more chances/shots on goal than you did against us in that game. As you say, JMD stood out a mile for you lot, pretty much everything you did well went through him. Sousa flatters to deceive a bit though doesn’t he? Thought he should have done better with that headed chance when he got the faintest of nudges in the back… if that’s Taylor then that is a goal

Halifax are what they are, a nitty gritty side that work their absolute bollocks off for the cause. They defend their box exceptionally well, the only reason they conceded late against us and you was just the sheer volume of attacks their defence was having to deal with! The second half in your game yesterday was a carbon copy of ours against them last Tuesday.

From what I’ve seen of Halifax, they seem to be well suited to the counter attack with pace on the break. Be intrigued to see how effective they’d be when they’re the team being asked to get their foot on the ball, sustain attacks and break down a solid defensive outfit. Guess we’ll get the answer from their next two home games against Eastleigh and Grimsby as I can see both of them sides sitting in a bit and being difficult to break down. We don’t play in the league again until the 18th Jan, would be very shocked if we’re still top at that point with some teams playing 2 games before we next kick a ball!

Cashis

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
That is a joke. So typical of this league’s refs, they are dross. Although we had one come in against Kings Lynn, the first choice ref got ill pre-match and this fella stepped in and put in the best performance I’ve seen in a while.
Apparently he refs at a much lower level as well! Just shows what we already know about refs at this level, egotistical twats

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
You were much the better team yesterday and you had far more chances/shots on goal than you did against us in that game. As you say, JMD stood out a mile for you lot, pretty much everything you did well went through him. Sousa flatters to deceive a bit though doesn’t he? Thought he should have done better with that headed chance when he got the faintest of nudges in the back… if that’s Taylor then that is a goal

Halifax are what they are, a nitty gritty side that work their absolute bollocks off for the cause. They defend their box exceptionally well, the only reason they conceded late against us and you was just the sheer volume of attacks their defence was having to deal with! The second half in your game yesterday was a carbon copy of ours against them last Tuesday.

From what I’ve seen of Halifax, they seem to be well suited to the counter attack with pace on the break. Be intrigued to see how effective they’d be when they’re the team being asked to get their foot on the ball, sustain attacks and break down a solid defensive outfit. Guess we’ll get the answer from their next two home games against Eastleigh and Grimsby as I can see both of them sides sitting in a bit and being difficult to break down. We don’t play in the league again until the 18th Jan, would be very shocked if we’re still top at that point with some teams playing 2 games before we next kick a ball!

Yeah JMD looks a good player and seems to have that final ball which we have lacked lately especially with Sousa. Wright is good when fit, just a shame he hardly ever lasts more than 3 or 4 before being injured again, and with McAtee coming back, hopefully yesterday can push us out of this drought and back into the top 7.

Shrimper92

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
20220104_120427.jpg

10 points minimum or we're fucked

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I thought Grimsby moved the ball around really well in the second half, in fact I think they set a bar for us, with their movement and the speed and accuracy of their passing. There. I've said it. :ds:
Fair play. Had to read that twice, as I thought I'd missed a punchline. :lol: The pace and accuracy of passing is something that improves significantly for us when Alex Hunt is on form and gets/wins the ball in dangerous places. If he can add consistency to his game, he'll play at a higher level for most of his career.

Can definitely see why Halifax are where you are in the league, as even though that wasn't your best day at the office, you made it very difficult for us to break you down and I thought you looked dangerous on the break,

Yeah, we definitely had more chances than vs you lot. I'm not saying we deserved to beat you, but I think we were worth a point. That Crookes chance at that end of our match against you is still bugging me, probably because it fell to our the player who carries the least amount of attacking threat out of our outfield players!

Interesting that in his post match Hurst said that Sousa did what he does, which is bring the ball forward. No mention of end product, he's essentially earning yards for us like a wide receiver in the NFL or something.

Look at the state of this, happened all game as well
Wow, missed that at the time. That one is a obviously a penalty.

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993

Penalties are from around 6:25 and 8:05 - both absolutely shocking decisions in my view (our one looks like the referee evening up his earlier error).

Also I didnt realise it at the time but we dominated the 2nd half and Ross pulled off some decent saves to keep Woking in it.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Brough only signed a new two year deal in August and was seemingly gathering interest from L1 clubs so that would be a shock signing and be an indication of the type of 'here for the payday' mercs that Wrexham can expect to attract.
Is he that good?

admittedly it was quite a while ago and he was young but I watched him quite a bit when he was at Salford City when they were in the NLN and he didn’t stick out at that level as anything special.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County

Penalties are from around 6:25 and 8:05 - both absolutely shocking decisions in my view (our one looks like the referee evening up his earlier error).

Also I didnt realise it at the time but we dominated the 2nd half and Ross pulled off some decent saves to keep Woking in it.
first penalty I think is the correct decision. Second one is unbelievably soft.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
first penalty I think is the correct decision. Second one is unbelievably soft.

I think he gets the ball for the first one, can tell by the direction it goes on. Can see why the ref gave it from his position, though. The second is a joke decision.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I think he gets the ball for the first one, can tell by the direction it goes on. Can see why the ref gave it from his position, though. The second is a joke decision.
Yeah first angle I thought definite pen then saw the replays and gets the ball but then also takes out the man so it’s a difficult one.

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993

Second one feels a classic case of levelling it up for me, because i'm not even sure I remember me or anyone appealing for it at the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!