13th September matchday thread

Raymondo316

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone United
And with that I retire from the world of being bullish, didn't think I could get it worse than thinking we could take a draw against FGR, but turns out I could. Sure Bromley were better than I expected, but I reckon even a team made up of members of this forum could have got something from us tonight.
Yep we were shockingly bad. If anything the scoreline flattered us...Bromley should of won by a lot more.

The worst performance i seen from a Maidstone team in a long long time.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Wow ... there's a few pie-eaters in that Guiseley side.

Disappointed that we failed to get our goal difference into positive territory playing against 9 men for final 15 minutes or so.

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
1-1 draw at Boreham Wood, went according to the form book tonight.

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Hearing Rendell missed a sitter today as well...

Not quite a sitter, but one you would expect a fully fit Rendell to put away. Bonus tonight though was the return of Walker, now hopefully we can rotate the strikers a bit so they get the rest they need.

BTW, Ricketts was fucking excellent for Borehamwood, pulled the strings and really made them tick. They are a good well organised side, they won't lose many at home this year.

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Decent point with our 10 men against the 14 of York. We had the better chances first half, but as norm didn't take any. Brodie conned the ref into sending Hughes off just after HT, but I don't recall Davies having a save to make all game.

Entertaing 0-0, albeit the score most of us on here foresaw. I'd like to think we'd have nicked it with 11 on the pitch, but who knows... good turn out from the SWA

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Decent point with our 10 men against the 14 of York. We had the better chances first half, but as norm didn't take any. Brodie conned the ref into sending Hughes off just after HT, but I don't recall Davies having a save to make all game.

Entertaing 0-0, albeit the score most of us on here foresaw. I'd like to think we'd have nicked it with 11 on the pitch, but who knows... good turn out from the SWA

Spot on Reg, the referee and the Lino to the left of the swa were an absolute fucking disgrace.

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
A comfortable 4-1 win at Southport, we stopped playing after 65 mins.
Highlight being Ashley Grimes subbed on and subbed off in 40 minutes. Some great football in spells for us, though Cox reckons we were crap without the ball.
Southport were especially bad.

Can't argue with any of that, even by this season's standards we were woeful. You should have been out of sight at half-time. At least Burr knows exactly what a shower of shit he's got to try to sort out now.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Spot on Reg, the referee and the Lino to the left of the swa were an absolute fucking disgrace.

Largely agree with that, Norwood also hit the bar second half, but we should have been out of sight at h/t. Ref was ok first half, impossible to tell if the red card was the correct decision, but the way it came over was that he'd been influenced by the York players rather than his instinctive response. Agree with Back in the DHSS about the dismal AR on the far side, who couldn't bring himself to give Rovers a single decision second half. York had a couple of decent players out wide, but on that showing looked mid-table.

Interesting results elsewhere. Very surprised to see the Cowleys dropped Bonne after his match-winning performance at the weekend.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Largely agree with that, Norwood also hit the bar second half, but we should have been out of sight at h/t. Ref was ok first half, impossible to tell if the red card was the correct decision, but the way it came over was that he'd been influenced by the York players rather than his instinctive response. Agree with Back in the DHSS about the dismal AR on the far side, who couldn't bring himself to give Rovers a single decision second half. York had a couple of decent players out wide, but on that showing looked mid-table.

Interesting results elsewhere. Very surprised to see the Cowleys dropped Bonne after his match-winning performance at the weekend.
Agreed about Bonne. As much as I disliked him and his behaviour, he was tricky to play against (much like Rhead!). Constantly worrying Scott in goal, getting in our faces, and generally being a pain in the backside.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
Well done to the Daggers, thoroughly deserved the the three points, and for the first 30 mins, they looked a really decent side, got the ball down and had us in knots at times, but FFS we were beyond dire. I know we are often accused of being direct, too direct, but that was the biggest display of 'non football' I have ever seen from any Dover team.
It was literally punt after punt after punt, and worse as a spectacle, in the second half Still decided to then follow suit and it was all so ugly to watch, and after the excitement of Saturday it was a huge anti climax.
With several players missing last night, Dagenham look a certainty for the play offs but for us, though we will be hard to beat for any team, mid table obscurity is calling loudly. We haven't replaced Deverdics, but hell, the way CK plays football, who needs a midfield?
Haven't replaced Ragget, and with 16 goals leaked already, this is now haunting us every game, and worse Kinnear stubbornly continues with his man marking at all costs ploy, which is surely unique in football and which at times makes us look naive and amateurish.
Orlu following his disastrous display Saturday had an even bigger nightmare last night and just watching him became quite humiliating.
Worse still, if ever Kinnear wants to guarantee Miller leaves, keep playing him out of position like he did last night, though the clues are there it does make you wonder what part of "Centre Forward" doesn't he get, as he spent more time in their half than ours. About 140 faithful turned out last night and if they tell people how bad and how boring it was, crowds at home will drop quickly not increase...really, really bad day at the office, but congrats to the Daggers totally gave us a lesson

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
PS: £21.00 to get in, whats all that about?

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
Orlu went off injured (can't believe am saying this, but hopefully that will keep him out for a couple of weeks!) but counted our squad last night on the way home, and excluding Tyronne Marsh, who hasn't been sited at the club for a couple of weeks, I think our squad consists of 12 more outfield players, (and one of those Moore is on loan!) one extra keeper and then youth team players. Has any club, ever tried to compete with such an absurdly small group?
If we get any more injuries then we are really in trouble :ffs::ffs:

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Yes, he's doing well. Given the Man of the Match award tonight and scored a lovely goal, outpacing the Torquay defence and then chipping the onrushing keeper with his "wrong" foot.

Probably make a good career for himself somewhere - just probably not with us.

Like so many of our youngsters - whilst its great generally our club is doing well its a shame we don't give youth players a chance but guess that is modern Premier league football for you.

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City

Brodie conned ref?when the ref finally got order after Tranmere players trying to get to Brodie whilst on ground,he got up and showed lines women the stud marks on his over large belly,this is 100% because you could clearly see the stud marks from where I was sat,How did he get this marks if he conned the ref.
The ref was awful and had no control on game,but for me Tranmere number 6 should of gone straight after the sending off,he through York other striker to ground when we attacked on other wing and 2 minutes after went through the back of him resulting in being stretchered off.
Tranmere have a very strong spine,2 strikers 2 centre backs and 1 centre midfield very good and will finish top 2,they are a good team but your left back was shocking, never seen a full back get beaten so many times in a game and not get taken off,but then again Brabin never sees anything.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Someone on our forum went to watch York/Tranmere last night:

I went to watch York v Tranmere last night (mainly due to the fact a 4 hour round trip to Lincoln on a Tuesday night is a little much, and also the lure of free tickets at York as a work colleague's best mate plays centre midfield for York) and thought I would share a few thoughts of the game which was actually quite entertaining for a 0-0.

1. I didn't even know Hughes was playing until he got himself sent off early in the 2nd half for an over the top challenge.
2. York are very average, 2 decent players in Matt Fry a centre half who Cowley had at Braintree and Kaine Felix a winger from Boston who got MOM.
3. Mcnulty v Brodie was an interesting battle for slowest player of the season.
4. Tranmere are a bunch of petulant bully boys who questioned and moaned about every decision, thankfully the referee was quite strong in this regard even though some of his decisions were a bit strange.
5. Tranmere's support (330ish) was very good.

wilsontown

Reaction score
Supports
York City
We just about deserved a draw based on the 2nd half, but could easily have been a couple down at the break. Didn't see the red card incident properly but Tranmere were certainly very physical and into winding up the opposition. We were mostly on top after the red card but despite various scrambles in their box we never really created any clear-cut opportunities.
Would agree with the assessment that we look very much a mid-table side, but I think there's some decent players in there and we can improve.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Brodie conned ref?when the ref finally got order after Tranmere players trying to get to Brodie whilst on ground,he got up and showed lines women the stud marks on his over large belly,this is 100% because you could clearly see the stud marks from where I was sat,How did he get this marks if he conned the ref.
The ref was awful and had no control on game,but for me Tranmere number 6 should of gone straight after the sending off,he through York other striker to ground when we attacked on other wing and 2 minutes after went through the back of him resulting in being stretchered off.
Tranmere have a very strong spine,2 strikers 2 centre backs and 1 centre midfield very good and will finish top 2,they are a good team but your left back was shocking, never seen a full back get beaten so many times in a game and not get taken off,but then again Brabin never sees anything.
I thought the referee had a reasonable first half, but was poor in the second. Shortly before the sending-off, he totally ignored a foul on Andy Cook and he seemed to be applying different standards to the two teams throughout the half. It was hard too see the Hughes/Brodie challenge in real time and the referee appeared to give the red card as a reaction to Brodie's theatrics and York protests rather than his own judgement, he could certainly have managed things better. With Hughes getting involved further, before leaving the field and a series of scuffles, his ban is likely to be extended and both sides fined for failing to control their players. With the benefit of seeing footage of the incident again, it's a strong challenge from Hughes, which clearly makes contact with Brodie,although a genuine attempt to play the ball. At this level, you can toss a coin as to what the ref might do, have seen much worse go unpunished. Haven't seem the challenge from Ihiekwe, which led to your striker being carried off, but neither the ref or female AR where the incident happened deemed it a foul, so unfortunate.

Ridehalgh, our left-back, was given a roasting by Felix, but perhaps that's a reflection of how well the latter played too? Thanks to Brabin, the only other player who can effectively play left-back in the squad is Hughes, who won't be available for a while now and we didn't have any defenders on the bench last night.

Someone on our forum went to watch York/Tranmere last night:

I went to watch York v Tranmere last night (mainly due to the fact a 4 hour round trip to Lincoln on a Tuesday night is a little much, and also the lure of free tickets at York as a work colleague's best mate plays centre midfield for York) and thought I would share a few thoughts of the game which was actually quite entertaining for a 0-0.

1. I didn't even know Hughes was playing until he got himself sent off early in the 2nd half for an over the top challenge.
2. York are very average, 2 decent players in Matt Fry a centre half who Cowley had at Braintree and Kaine Felix a winger from Boston who got MOM.
3. Mcnulty v Brodie was an interesting battle for slowest player of the season.
4. Tranmere are a bunch of petulant bully boys who questioned and moaned about every decision, thankfully the referee was quite strong in this regard even though some of his decisions were a bit strange.
5. Tranmere's support (330ish) was very good.
He missed Hughes putting in a decent cross which was headed over and bringing the best save out of the York keeper with a shot on target then?! I'd disagree with most of point 4, our players weren't generally in the referee's face,certainly no more than Brodie. There were some strange decisions though.

If it had stayed 11 v 11, think we'd have eventually converted one of the chances to win. York still adapting to this level, on last night's showing probably only upper mid-table unless they bring a few more in.

DontBringBertie

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
Not quite a sitter, but one you would expect a fully fit Rendell to put away. Bonus tonight though was the return of Walker, now hopefully we can rotate the strikers a bit so they get the rest they need.

BTW, Ricketts was fucking excellent for Borehamwood, pulled the strings and really made them tick. They are a good well organised side, they won't lose many at home this year.

Still no idea why we offered Ricketts reduced terms, went on to sign about 5 attacking midfielders and then didn't sign a replacement for him.

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
PS: £21.00 to get in, whats all that about?

Shiny stand good view, pint and sky sports at half time and a visit to a proper stadium seems fair to me.
Just kidding it's a rip off. I'm paying £10 for the same seat with my season ticket. Our admission prices are they same as last year.

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City
I thought the referee had a reasonable first half, but was poor in the second. Shortly before the sending-off, he totally ignored a foul on Andy Cook and he seemed to be applying different standards to the two teams throughout the half. It was hard too see the Hughes/Brodie challenge in real time and the referee appeared to give the red card as a reaction to Brodie's theatrics and York protests rather than his own judgement, he could certainly have managed things better. With Hughes getting involved further, before leaving the field and a series of scuffles, his ban is likely to be extended and both sides fined for failing to control their players. With the benefit of seeing footage of the incident again, it's a strong challenge from Hughes, which clearly makes contact with Brodie,although a genuine attempt to play the ball. At this level, you can toss a coin as to what the ref might do, have seen much worse go unpunished. Haven't seem the challenge from Ihiekwe, which led to your striker being carried off, but neither the ref or female AR where the incident happened deemed it a foul, so unfortunate.

Ridehalgh, our left-back, was given a roasting by Felix, but perhaps that's a reflection of how well the latter played too? Thanks to Brabin, the only other player who can effectively play left-back in the squad is Hughes, who won't be available for a while now and we didn't have any defenders on the bench last night.

He missed Hughes putting in a decent cross which was headed over and bringing the best save out of the York keeper with a shot on target then?! I'd disagree with most of point 4, our players weren't generally in the referee's face,certainly no more than Brodie. There were some strange decisions though.

If it had stayed 11 v 11, think we'd have eventually converted one of the chances to win. York still adapting to this level, on last night's showing probably only upper mid-table unless they bring a few more in.
Also when Johnson came on he went by left back with ease.
How has Stephenson being playing for you,we only signed Felix after missing out on him

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
Really enjoyed the game last night. Two sides really going for it attacking each other end to end.
Thought FGR had more of the ball over the 95 mins, but we had the better scoring opportunities and their keeper pulled off at least 2 cracking saves that looked certain goals from where i was. Both defences looked organised & very tight.
The incident that saw Drury get whacked and they thought he was putting on, has resulted in a horrible deep gash to his leg (the pic was on twitter after the game, but seems to have been removed this morning) but i'm sure it will rule him out for at least 2-3 games.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Also when Johnson came on he went by left back with ease.
How has Stephenson being playing for you,we only signed Felix after missing out on him
What did you make of Stephenson, his first start for us, though has looked decent coming off the bench, probably our MoM last night. Held the ball up well, had a few chances. However Felix had more pace and on that showing looked a decent player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!