2017/18 National League North

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I am picking Stalybridge reserves vs god knows who in some what not cup tonight...........it’s only a fiver and keeps me away from champ league

Must have been some game BigDave 6-1, Jake Charles what a night 5 goals. Magic!!
Better than the champions league.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Spennymoor's The Brewery Field was apparently deemed unplayable by the FA appointed match official, the club has been forced to act quickly.

Attempts to secure a venue more local were made, but with Gateshead, Hartlepool and Darlington unavailable, and other North East grounds not up to grading standards, the closest option which met the criteria was Harrogate Town's CNG Stadium.

Strange league this shifting matches all over the place on different night's of the week, why couldn't the National League just extend the season by a week or two? Problem solved.

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Strange league this shifting matches all over the place on different night's of the week, why couldn't the National League just extend the season by a week or two? Problem solved.

It might have something to do with some players and officials having holidays booked immediately after the end of the season. Also, some clubs contract players for a certain number of weeks with clauses for extension if they make the play-offs - this may not cover those who play for teams who don't make the play-offs.

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Massive win for us tonight. How Stockport weren't winning after the first 10 minutes I'll never know. Pearson somehow clears off the line after Hall's save but a Stockport player was stood in front of Pearson and had a simple header.

Dan Bradley has hit form at the perfect time. 7 goals in 6 now his goal for the third being a brilliant solo effort.

Stockport looked good going forward but weren't clinical enough. Had the chances to put us away but didn't take them. At the back they look like they can be picked apart with some clever play.

Also York what are you doing? Stop giving Chorley a chance.
I'm not going to get too disheartened about the result last night. I didn't manage to make the game but sounded like we started like a house on fire but ended up 1-0 down! Got back into it straight away and a few more golden opportunities went begging. You are right about our defence though, it's not anywhere near solid enough.

I think it goes to show the difference between PT and FT. FT players are just that little bit sharper when it comes to the really fine details and that is often what gets you the extra few points. FWIW, Kiddie we probably the 2nd best team I've seen at EP this season (behind Harrogate).

Our forward line has been superb this season, so one off night is nothing to get too concerned about.

York seem to be trying to emulate Blyth and throw away their spot in the play offs! I think Chorley will sneak in.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Well lets be fair after all that smaller game, 7 stops down the tramline its onto the big Manchester game tonight....Curzon Vs Gainsborough.

am not dressig it up either, I think our season could be decided tonight and is probably the most important 90 minutes Curzon have had since the won promotion to the conf north.

Win tonight and i personally think we'll be safe, lose tonight and i think we'll go down.

I am of the personal opinion that i think one of Alfreton or Tamworth may well lose all 3 of their games left. If we won tonight it puts us above both and on top of that 7 points ahead of Gainsborough who would only have 12 left to get........that for me would be enough that i feel we would not get caught by two of the sides......plus we could go to Leamington on sat with all the pressure on them and not much on us which could finish the job.

Lose this game and for me the morale kicker will murder us, we'd lose then also on Sat at leamington giving two of our 5 rivals gains, see us in the bottom 3 i think and having to somehow get points from games we simply have not been winning all season.

Draw is the one result to drag it on further, but then i think saturday becomes a massive high pressure match for both sides.

For Gainsborough i think tonight is probably 'win or down' but they do have a badly out of form York and Telford/Tamworth left to play so possibly it could get them out of jail.

Our positive is most of the others have to play each other, but its also our worry....some must take points, we just need to grab a gap and then let others finish each other off.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Well lets be fair after all that smaller game, 7 stops down the tramline its onto the big Manchester game tonight....Curzon Vs Gainsborough.

am not dressig it up either, I think our season could be decided tonight and is probably the most important 90 minutes Curzon have had since the won promotion to the conf north.

Win tonight and i personally think we'll be safe, lose tonight and i think we'll go down.

I am of the personal opinion that i think one of Alfreton or Tamworth may well lose all 3 of their games left. If we won tonight it puts us above both and on top of that 7 points ahead of Gainsborough who would only have 12 left to get........that for me would be enough that i feel we would not get caught by two of the sides......plus we could go to Leamington on sat with all the pressure on them and not much on us which could finish the job.

Lose this game and for me the morale kicker will murder us, we'd lose then also on Sat at leamington giving two of our 5 rivals gains, see us in the bottom 3 i think and having to somehow get points from games we simply have not been winning all season.

Draw is the one result to drag it on further, but then i think saturday becomes a massive high pressure match for both sides.

For Gainsborough i think tonight is probably 'win or down' but they do have a badly out of form York and Telford/Tamworth left to play so possibly it could get them out of jail.

Our positive is most of the others have to play each other, but its also our worry....some must take points, we just need to grab a gap and then let others finish each other off.
Yep totally agree with this. Biggest game of the season so far down the bottom tonight. I agree with you can I can realistic see one of or even both us and Tamworth losing all 3 remaining games..! Tonight is just massive for both clubs. Cant work out what would be a good result for us!

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
To be fair if i was a Tamworth, Telford or Alfreton fan i'd go with a draw.

Gainsborough after this have York home, Telford away NFU away and Tamworth home..........on paper and form all can be won.

Curzon have Leamington away, Nuneaton home, blyth away, Spennymoor home and Harrogate away.......on paper and form its a mixed bag, could get enough points from it or may lose the lot.

Draw would lead to possibilities on both sides, although even witht hem 3 on paper nice games Gainsborough would have a lot to do to survive and in process would probably put Telford and Tamworth in trouble.

Is another huge game tomorrow with Telford Vs Leamington.....think a lot could be decided by Sunday.

looking at Gainsborough's fixtures i think they have a superb chance of survival if they win tonight.

Last edited:

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County

Might head down to watch this one tonight

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Well it should be a fun game for a neutral because whoever is losing will have to go for it and if level in second half both will have to go for it......draw does b*gger all for either.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Well thanks very much for that...............makes it 100% certain away win now tonight. :doh:

Tafkat

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Gainsborough will win on Saturday.
Our lot are a waste of space.
The club needs a clean out from top to bottom.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Well amazingly we have saved our worst performance of the season for our most important game.........it has been shocking tonight. Slow, laboured, bland one pace error prone rubbish.......just no movement and lack effort, may be nerves.

Gainsborough deserve to lead, using a very strong wind to their advantage they had the chances, but like we have previously they showed why they don’t win as twice were sent through on goal and flogged both.

Their lack of taking a lead cost them right on half time as we scored off a set price.

So 1-0 is so far, but we are making so many errors tonight they will get another chance

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Dear me that was a horrible scrappy crappy affair, but at least we won.

We look knackered, lost two of our 5 normal midfielders to injury before game, lost two more to injury during it.

Very harsh on Gainsborough who deserved something, we played scrappy all game, but they remind me of us finding it very hard to turn chances into goals.

They ran out of steam about 70 mins then it was ok, we grabbed second in injury time as they shoved everyone up

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
At this stage of the season to hell with the performance, job done 3 points in the bag.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Wednesday 11 April 2018 National League North Result

Att. 244 - Curzon Ashton 2 Gainsborough Trinity 0

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Gainsborough will win on Saturday.
Our lot are a waste of space.
The club needs a clean out from top to bottom.

If you can't muster up and raise your game to beat Gainsborough on Saturday you don't deserve to be in the play-offs. You've gotta win this one, it's an absolute must!

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
It might have something to do with some players and officials having holidays booked immediately after the end of the season. Also, some clubs contract players for a certain number of weeks with clauses for extension if they make the play-offs - this may not cover those who play for teams who don't make the play-offs.

That's most likely the reasons why, looking at those does seem logical, how inconsiderate of me i never really gave it much thought beyond April for the players and officials of all the play-off clubs.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
That's Trinity gone. Been coming for a while, though. It's not just been this season.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
At this stage of the season to hell with the performance, job done 3 points in the bag.

That is true and there were a number of reasons why it was scrappy....the main one being it was such a massive game for both sides there was nerves and mistakes and we are prone to more of them since we do try and play the ball out from the back.

I think the fact we lost four of our first five midfielders murdered us, too many changes in the end....for all i've wanted two up front our team seems to have forgotten what to do when going back to 4-4-2 having used 5 all season, on top of that there was a horrific wind (bloody freezing wind) which we played against most of the first half.

Very harsh result on Gainsborough, but they reminded me of us sometimes....came out, did well created a couple of fantastic chances, flogged them and leaked a goal.....they should have been 2-0 up at half time, but ended up 1-0 down.

If they battle like that they have a chance in their last 4 games, but a bit like us if they are unable to turn chances into goals i cannot see them taking the 10 points out of 12 they would need.

We need i think one more win now, our team looks full of crap, injury, tight muscles and tired......it could do with us shoving reserves in to rest them a game, but problem is next two matches are our best chance of that win.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
That's Trinity gone. Been coming for a while, though. It's not just been this season.

One thing i felt last night watching game is that was two sides who if don't go this year will next......both just too small for this level and its hard to compete.

Tafkat

Reaction score
Supports
York City
If you can't muster up and raise your game to beat Gainsborough on Saturday you don't deserve to be in the play-offs. You've gotta win this one, it's an absolute must!

We won't be in the play-offs.
This waste of space haven't turned up since we beat Salford.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Well with them fixtures over tonight here is how table pans out in the 3 key areas.

first at the top.....4 games to go unless stated

Top of table battle:

1. Salford 82
------------------
2. Harrogate 79
3. Brackley 74 (1 game in hand)

Fixtures: Bold at home

Salford:
Nuneaton, Southport, Boston, Leamington

Harrogate:
Southport, Boston, BPA, Curzon

Brackley:
Alfreton, BPA, Southport, York, Chorley (TBC)

Last edited:

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
The play-offs: 4 games left unless stated

4. Kidderminster 65
5. Stockport 61
6. Spennymoor 58 (2 games extra)
7. York 57
-----------------
8. Chorley 55 (2 games extra)
9. Blyth 52 (2 games extra)

and who they play: Bold at home

Kidderminster:
Tamworth, Spennymoor, NFU, BPA

Stockport:
Telford, Chorley, Blyth, Darlington

Spennymoor:
NFU, Kidderminster, Darlington, Curzon, Telford, Southport

York:
Gainsborough, FCUM, Leamington, Brackley

Chorley:
Blyth, Stockport, Tamworth, Alfreton, Leamington (TBC), Brackley (TBC)

Blyth:
Chorley, Telford, Stockport, Curzon, Nuneaton, Southport (TBC)

Last edited:

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
And lastly the relegation battle: 3 games left unless stated)

16. Curzon 44 (2 games more)
17. Leamington 44 (1 game more)
18. Telford 44 (2 games more)
19. Alfreton 43
------------------------
20. Tamworth 42
21. Gainsborough 37 (1 game more)

and the games: Bold at home

Curzon:
Leamington, Nuneaton, Spennymoor, Blyth, Harrogate

Leamington:
Curzon, York, Salford, Chorley (TBC)

Telford:
Stockport, Blyth, Gainsborough, Spennymoor, Boston

Alfreton:
Brackley, FCUM, Chorley

Tamworth:
Kidderminster, Chorley, Gainsborough

Gainsborough:
York, NFU, Telford, Tamworth

Last edited:

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Well as I feared victories for Curzon and Telford but us on the edge.

Cant help but the club deserve to be in this position for poor leadership, a lack of direction and a long series of short sighted decisions.

Brackley away is the probably the last game we need right now. Not lost a single game all season at home and have the most quality in the division. at home

Having said all that I have a seed of hope. Brackly play us less than 48hrs after tonights game have now confirmed their play off spot. There may be some squad rotation.

Also we have never lost a game against Brackley and have won every game at their gorund. Oh what I would give for that to the be case 5pm Saturday.

Then I remember how much of a shambles we are...need a favour from York and Stockport to Kiddermunster to continue their form

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Realistically don't think Salford are going to drop 5 points, so haven't got that same need for a win. We'll be rotating our squad a bit I'm sure - rested our main striker tonight, but the midfield and defence won't change much come Saturday - haven't got any other players. If you come flying at us and up for the fight, I'd certainly give you a chance. Sit back and be too defensive, and we're likely to break you down at some point.

My worry is the Brackley players getting knackered, as the same 7 or 8 players play every match. Coming 3rd (or 2nd if poss) and giving us a full week before the playoffs start, is therefore important.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Thursday 12 April 2018 National League North Results

Att. 977 - AFC Telford United 3 Leamington 2
Att. 409 - Spennymoor Town 0 Brackley Town 3 (The CNG Stadium Harrogate Town)

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Gainsborough Trinity vs Tamworth looks a huge game for both clubs on the last day of the season.
I think Curzon have to beat Leamington that's a crucial result, after that i can't see Leamington doing anything with their remaining fixtures.

I think Alfreton need to get their knee pads out and start praying, gonna need to call in a few favour's?
I would honestly say best chance would be against FCUM? Their away form is pretty dire, having lost 12 on their travels.

I think Marcus Dinanga could possibly keep AFC Telford out of trouble? His goals will be vital for them to stay up.

I've gotta a funny feeling this season's relegation scrap is gonna go on that last day's Gainsborough match against Tamworth?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazzer

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!