2018-19 National League North

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley FC/ Blackburn Rovers
You were hammered. Daylight robbery we didn't get 3 points. But we're not tough enough this season - so despite outclassing Chorley, having probably 6 times as many chances, hitting the post etc we let in two goals from Chorley's 3 chances and end with a point. Very very frustrating....
Yeah it sounded like that, we somehow managed to get a point which reminds me of Salford last season, getting a lot of points that they probably didn't deserve but ended up winning the league.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Surely that is the Mark of a good side, picking up a point from 2 down and being "hammered", not a bad strike rate 2 out of 3 chances. Time we started to get a goal or two, this side will not be far away at the end of the season. Fair play to the Management for changing the system at half time.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Surely that is the Mark of a good side, picking up a point from 2 down and being "hammered", not a bad strike rate 2 out of 3 chances. Time we started to get a goal or two, this side will not be far away at the end of the season. Fair play to the Management for changing the system at half time.
I don't deny that it is a mark of a good side - just fed up it was against us! especially after our indifferent start. I wasn't cross after the Darlington result - we didn't deserve much that day. But today we were much the better side, and therefore it is a bitter bill to lose two goals in a second half we still had many more chances than Chorley in. We don't take our chances, and are sloppy defensively this year. Like the last two years, on 'our day' we're as good as anything in the league - but we're no good at seeing through results / nicking wins, hence why I can look forward to 2019-20 in Conf north too.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Darlington 0-1 Alfreton

YES! Massive win that.

The lads showed desire and commitment in bucket loads today. Something not seen in a long long time.

Consective away wins at York,Stockport and Darlington and shows we will be there or there abouts this season for sure. If we win the next two at home to Guisley and away at leaders Chorley then we are very much in the hunt for the title.

Last year we took the lead at Darlington after 33 seconds. This year it was 70 as the Bobby Johnson who looks a fantastic player converted at the back post.

We missed a few openings to extend the lead before Darlington got a foothold in the game. They won a series of freekicks and opportunities to launch the ball in to the box but Shiels and Gowling where absolute rocks at the back.

Darlington`s devliery from dead balls was poor. They went closest when our keeper almost palmed a Sytche shot in to his own net. Ramsbottom was then alert to block before Darlo increased the pressure with 20 minutes to play.

Luke Shiels was deservedly sent off for a tackle from behind with 10 to play.

Tom Denton did superbly by reading a back pass but showehow contrived to stab wide with the goal gaping.

We almost paid the price but thankfully Nicholson miss kicked when well placed in the six yard box. We hung on to record another superb away day.

Cannot fail to be very impressed indeed by us so far. Ever since the Brackley game were we seemed to get a bad performance out our system we have been conssisently good. Only somehow finding a way to lose to Curzon.

On to Guiseley which will be a very strange but interesting afternoon with Russ and Clayts in the opposition dug out.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
If thats not curtains for Tommy Wright then a home defeat to Telford next week surely will be?

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
Darlington 0-1 Alfreton

YES! Massive win that.

The lads showed desire and commitment in bucket loads today. Something not seen in a long long time.

Consective away wins at York,Stockport and Darlington and shows we will be there or there abouts this season for sure. If we win the next two at home to Guisley and away at leaders Chorley then we are very much in the hunt for the title.

Last year we took the lead at Darlington after 33 seconds. This year it was 70 as the Bobby Johnson who looks a fantastic player converted at the back post.

We missed a few openings to extend the lead before Darlington got a foothold in the game. They won a series of freekicks and opportunities to launch the ball in to the box but Shiels and Gowling where absolute rocks at the back.

Darlington`s devliery from dead balls was poor. They went closest when our keeper almost palmed a Sytche shot in to his own net. Ramsbottom was then alert to block before Darlo increased the pressure with 20 minutes to play.

Luke Shiels was deservedly sent off for a tackle from behind with 10 to play.

Tom Denton did superbly by reading a back pass but showehow contrived to stab wide with the goal gaping.

We almost paid the price but thankfully Nicholson miss kicked when well placed in the six yard box. We hung on to record another superb away day.

Cannot fail to be very impressed indeed by us so far. Ever since the Brackley game were we seemed to get a bad performance out our system we have been conssisently good. Only somehow finding a way to lose to Curzon.

On to Guiseley which will be a very strange but interesting afternoon with Russ and Clayts in the opposition dug out.
We work hard and show dogged determination but are toothless in attack and all too quickly resort to hoof ball. Too many injuries right now so I can't see anything but a win for you next week.

The one positive is that none of the teams we've faced have been much better than ourselves!

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
hence why I can look forward to 2019-20 in Conf north too.

Going to be four southern sides (Braintree, Dagenham, Havant and one of Dover or Aldershot) relegated from the National imho, so you’re screwed on that front. On the plus side you might get a couple of “what the fuck are we doing in the Conny North?” derbies with Oxford City and St. Albans.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
I'll take a point today to stop the rot before a run of home games. Completely savaged by injuries, we ended up with a few 17 year old teenagers on at the end.

Guiseley are massive, literally a team of sumo wrestlers!

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Saturday 1 September 2018 National League North Results

Att. 1,148 - AFC Telford United 2 Ashton United 1
Att. 635 - Blyth Spartans 2 Altrincham 1
Att. 1,129 - Boston United 0 Kidderminster Harriers 2
Att. 530 - Brackley Town 2 Chorley 2
Att. 221 - Curzon Ashton 0 Nuneaton Borough 1
Att. 1,269 - Darlington 0 Alfreton Town 1
Att. 806 - Guiseley 1 Chester 1
Att. 2,558 - Hereford 1 York City 1
Att. 821 - Southport 1 Spennymoor Town 1
Att. 2,680 - Stockport County 3 Leamington 1

Sunday 2 September 2018 National League North Result

Att. 1,814 - FC United Of Manchester 2 Bradford Park Avenue 2

Last edited:

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Darlington 0 Alfreton Town 1

Well we were the underdogs today so i ain't surprised with our loss to Billy Heath's boys.
I thought Alfreton were a very physical side with numerous rash challenges hence the Sheils sending off with a bad tackle on Syers.

For all the possession we had in the second half we just couldn't break down a resilient well organized Alfreton back line, although probably slightly unlucky when the Alfreton keeper clumsily nearly lost the ball into his own net.

Once again we gave away another early goal in the first half just like Monday down at Ashton. A decent flick on from Denton and bang thank you very much 1:0! Reminded me of Beck with his height advantage leading the line. Alfreton should have been 2:0 up in the first half.

Once again TW's tactics have gotta be questioned, especially with Styche wasted on the left wing, also Saunders as our main threat in attack? Alfreton's defenders must have been laughing their tits off marking Saunders, the one chance he had he should have done a lot better. Thommo saw a lot of the ball, but his distribution from corners/free kicks was absolutely shocking. Hughes didn't play too bad today, but our best player was Luke Trotman another good future prospect.

Great result For Alfreton Town thoroughly deserved the win today i thought. I hope they do well this season as they are a decent club. I wish we had Billy Heath he was absolutely screaming from the touchline at his players. Our manager looked clueless.

At least i know where our season is heading?

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
If thats not curtains for Tommy Wright then a home defeat to Telford next week surely will be?

He's on borrowed time the natives are getting restless! As it stands at the moment i don't think he's cut out for this level.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington

Also the sign of a really good manager in rallying the troops with the half-time pep talk for the second half fight back performance from the lads.

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
Ugh, another load of missed chances putting paid to us apparently. We never win at Blyth.

Quakerz

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC

I doubt it

We only had 11 senior pro's available yesterday.

With those 11 players (3 of them having to play out of position) and 5 kids on the bench we lost 1-0 to a tough Alfreton team. Not really the stuff of sackings is it.

It is true that our defence had been a shambles in previous matches but to be fair we've never had a consistent line up with injuries.

Quakerz

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
He's on borrowed time the natives are getting restless! As it stands at the moment i don't think he's cut out for this level.

Difficult one, I kind of agree but disagree.

Three quick wins and it will all be forgotten.

TW did have an appalling start as Darlo manager and was rightly scrutinised for it, but then turned it around with a run of 9-6-3, so he's proven that his teams can go on good runs.

Let's get players back from injury and get the new players gelled, and then see where we are. If there's no improvement, then he's under pressure for me.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Also the sign of a really good manager in rallying the troops with the half-time pep talk for the second half fight back performance from the lads.
It's true Chorley were better in the second half, but still second best. That's one of the frustrations - even during the 'fight back' we were the better team and creating more chances. I remember summing up a game a few years ago by saying we'd been excellent, just a bit dodgy in defence and not taken our chances... and the fan I was discussing quite rightly pointed out but those are the key areas in any football game! Brackley still too often are good, but not at the goal scoring end, and this year, not at the back. York a couple of weeks ago spent part of the first half keeping the ball than any team I've seen at SJP for 3 years (since a strong Kiddy team were here) - but they never looked threatening. Chorley carved out a few chances, but took them. Still too early to make them favourites, but they look like there'll be in with a shout in a league without any clearly top teams.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
Att. 2,680 - Stockport County 3 Leamington 1
Good start from County, the personnel chosen for yesterday's game suited 4-3-3 better than the ones last week. Started very brightly indeed, Dimaio adds a whole new dimension to our team going forward, early days yet but I think he's a class above this level.

Nyal Bell absolutely blasted the ball home for the opener, it's one I'd recommend anyone to look out for on the highlights; not just that but his all-round game looks great. Holds the ball up well, brings in others, and now it's clear there's a reason why he's not afraid to take pot shots. I'm more than happy to hold my hands up and admit I thought he'd be a poor one following pre-season; based on the last three games I couldn't be more wrong.

As decent as we looked, we were far from a class above Leamington (I know they've had good results recently, but if we're going to get anywhere this season we need to be better), and the whole game hinged on their red card just before half time. I had a great view of it, the defender went sliding in studs up (almost two-footed but he withdrew his left just before the challenge connected), absolutely clear red for me but at first it looked like the ref was only giving yellow. Thankfully he consulted with the liner who had a perfect view, ended up being a straight red, and rightly so.

Obviously they were always going to shut up shop and try to hang on for the draw, thankfully Dimaio popped up and floated a beauty of a ball 'round the 'keeper to give us the lead, and that was game over from then on. Stephenson took advantage of being left far too much room in their area (twice!) to slot our third home from a tight angle. Job well done.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
I see Sharps spell with Curzon lasted long DSL

He’s off to Stalybridge, is a weird one I only seen him vs Chester and he did ok, not great but not bad, but missed a vital one on one and that seems to be that.

But with our dire forward options it seemed strange he was gone, wonder if he has training attitude issues.........although he looked fit and healthy during that game.

Think he probs will suit Staly they have no strength up front which he had

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
I see Sharps spell with Curzon lasted long DSL

He’s off to Stalybridge, is a weird one I only seen him vs Chester and he did ok, not great but not bad, but missed a vital one on one and that seems to be that.

But with our dire forward options it seemed strange he was gone, wonder if he has training attitude issues.........although he looked fit and healthy during that game.

Think he probs will suit Staly they have no strength up front which he had

Not surprised at all. He did seem to have an attitude problem at Alfreton. (like many of our squad last year). He one tok umbrage to one of my tweets about a squandered chance at Harrogate. He was also very wasteful. Give him 10 chances He would probably only score 3 or 4. Think Curzon can do a lot better.

David Curries Mullet

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington

Yes, losing to the team second in the table would be a real shock! :eye: A team made up of the only 11 pro's we had available probably deserved a point against you today. I didn't come away thinking he deserved to go. Maybe he needs to resort to more pragmatic football - a lack of invention and predictability is not holding you back - but then again that's what Martin Gray was criticised for before he jumped ship.

Last edited:

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Yes, losing to the team second in the table would be a real shock! :eye: A team made up of the only 11 pro's we had available probably deserved a point against you today. I didn't come away thinking he deserved to go. Maybe he needs to resort to more pragmatic football - a lack of invention and predictability is not holding you back - but then again that's what Martin Gray was criticised for before he jumped ship.
You know better than me and clearly you have been unlucky with injuries. However You looked poor for the most part on Saturday I thought. Your set play delivery was poor.

Not sure Tommy Wright is the right man to take you forward. He seems to be found out tactally once too often

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Looks as if the National League are trying to force us in to playing our home game against Bradford PA on Saturday across at Macclesfield.

Work on the stadium is nearly completed and should be done and dusted by Thursday but the league want earlier sign off on it. Seems as if we’ve provisionally agreed to switch the fixture to Bradford as a back up but the league wont have that either for some pig-headed reason.

I know we were exiled in Macc whilst the Deva was built but it’s the most arduous 40+ mile cross county trip that, probably take Bradford fans less time to do it straight down the motorway. Just hope we can get it sorted to avoid all that.

Alty Pieman

Reaction score
Supports
Alty
Ugh, another load of missed chances putting paid to us apparently. We never win at Blyth.

We did actually win there in the trophy 2 years ago in the season of death, but basically I agree with you, we just are missing too many clear cut chances,... having said that, the real problems are when you dont create any !!

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Difficult one, I kind of agree but disagree.

Three quick wins and it will all be forgotten.

TW did have an appalling start as Darlo manager and was rightly scrutinised for it, but then turned it around with a run of 9-6-3, so he's proven that his teams can go on good runs.

Let's get players back from injury and get the new players gelled, and then see where we are. If there's no improvement, then he's under pressure for me.

Don't get me wrong i like TW as our manager he's got my full backing as a Darlo supporter. I hope he turns thing's around with like you say three quick wins should do the trick.

But on the flip side i do have my reservations of whether he's capable of turning the season around again like he did last season. Umm....I'm not so sure whether its a big ask?

True he's been unfortunate, with player's been plagued with injuries over the last few games.
But as we all know patience is a virtue, and let's just see where we stand over the coming months.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
We did actually win there in the trophy 2 years ago in the season of death, but basically I agree with you, we just are missing too many clear cut chances,... having said that, the real problems are when you dont create any !!

One thing's for sure your definitely creating chances, without difficulty or effort tucked away three against us and could have been more.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
I wish we had Billy Heath he was absolutely screaming from the touchline at his players. Our manager looked clueless.
Managers can't win on this topic- some of our fuckwits caned Heath for screaming at his players, saying he was a bully and they were terrified of him.

Now they're caning Fullarton for staying calm and professional, cuz they "want to see a bit of passion" from their managers. Absolute wankers.

Alty Pieman

Reaction score
Supports
Alty
One thing's for sure your definitely creating chances, without difficulty or effort tucked away three against us and could have been more.
We missed an absolute sitter at Blyth in the last minute and had no luck at either end really. Having said that, its becoming a pattern so luck shouldnt really come into it !

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Defender Jack Lane has left Alfreton. He had a full pre season and made 3 appearances but since Josh Gowling came in he just hasnt been able to get in the side. Gowling is quality and I am hoping this paves the way for his permanently signature.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Woohoo we're back home this weekend! :ds:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!