Football Manager - Your Career

yellow

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Eurgh, this relegation battle is awfully close…

11th. Leicester P30 PTS33 (-10)
12th. Swansea P30 PTS33 (-17)
13th. Everton P29 PTS32 (-10)
14th. Burnley P29 PTS30 (-12)
15th. Watford P30 PTS30 (-14)
16th. Stoke P30 PTS30 (-19)
17th. Villa P30 PTS29 (-19)
------------------------------------------
18th. Palace P30 PTS28 (-35)
19th. Southampton P30 PTS27 (-11)
20th. Hull P29 PTS22 (-23)

I think Hull are gone now, unless they win that game in hand. Otherwise, we've only just moved up to twelfth and my tenure has seen us been solid at home but terrible on the road. I'm hoping if we can pick up another 2 or 3 wins at the Liberty we'll be ok. 6 points separating 11-19th is bonkers though!

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Hahaha - this game never fails to amaze.

Unbeaten all Pre-Season, including victories against Barcelona etc, given an expectation of top half of the table, which I thought was more than achievable, and I was actually going for top 6. I signed a load of quality, Oliver Torres, Alvaro Morata, Jack Wilshere etc, but still, I have made profit, due to players I have sold.

So - first 3 games of the season, Liverpool (H) (reigning champions), Spurs (A), Newcastle (H)

Southampton 1-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-4 Southampton
Southampton 2-0 Newcastle

Great - top of the league, Morata scoring when he likes, Oliver assisting the majority of those goals etc etc, all is going well - then, comes Palace away.

Shite start - 2-0 down after 60, two big defensive cockups, so I decided fuck it, I go 2 at the back and play wingbacks, a defensive midfielder and two central midfielders. I score - but then concede another two, no harm done, risk taken.

Then - I come off the game, and am greeted with 'Board wish to discuss future' or something, next thing I know - this appears:

Inbox_  Inbox-17.png

Unbelievable - and just to prove about my results, I will provide screenshot evidence, because you probably think I'm chatting a right load of bullshit at the moment, and I'd be the same reading this if it was posted by anyone else.

Southampton_ Schedule Senior Schedule.png

Oh - and the worst part is still to come..

I was replaced by Jamie Carragher. I mean really? Jamie fucking Carragher? Is that some sort of sick joke?

Absolutely livid.

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City

Unbeaten all Pre-Season, including victories against Barcelona etc, given an expectation of top half of the table, which I thought was more than achievable, and I was actually going for top 6. I signed a load of quality, Oliver Torres, Alvaro Morata, Jack Wilshere etc, but still, I have made profit, due to players I have sold.

So - first 3 games of the season, Liverpool (H) (reigning champions), Spurs (A), Newcastle (H)

Spurs 2-4 Southampton

Great - top of the league, Morata scoring when he likes, Oliver assisting the majority of those goals etc etc, all is going well - then, comes Palace away.

Shite start - 2-0 down after 60, two big defensive cockups, so I decided fuck it, I go 2 at the back and play wingbacks, a defensive midfielder and two central midfielders. I score - but then concede another two, no harm done, risk taken.

Then - I come off the game, and am greeted with 'Board wish to discuss future' or something, next thing I know - this appears:

View attachment 1098

Unbelievable - and just to prove about my results, I will provide screenshot evidence, because you probably think I'm chatting a right load of bullshit at the moment, and I'd be the same reading this if it was posted by anyone else.

View attachment 1097

I was replaced by Jamie Carragher. I mean really? Jamie fucking Carragher? Is that some sort of sick joke?

Absolutely livid.
[emoji38]

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
:lol:

That does some pretty fucking harsh. What was said at the board meeting, did you choose your responses wisely?

What's next?

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
:lol:

That does some pretty fucking harsh. What was said at the board meeting, did you choose your responses wisely?

What's next?
I didn't think I'd need to - I put 'the team hasn't been performing that badly or something,' because there's no way I'm pleading for forgiveness when I haven't done anything wrong - it was ridiculous :lol:

But - I'm a wanted man...

Inbox_  Inbox-18.png

wanted.jpg

Still incredibly pissed off though - I had a good project going on at S'oton. I hope that Scouse bellend now takes them down and they rot in the lower leagues.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Taken over at Spurs - turned down Newcastle.

Boringgggggggggg..

Pyeman

Reaction score
Supports
Burnley

Spurs 2-4 Southampton

View attachment 1098

View attachment 1097

Absolutely livid.

I've had something similar in the past. It's gash.

What were their reasons for sacking you? Purely results?

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
I've had something similar in the past. It's gash.

What were their reasons for sacking you? Purely results?
I think there was a bit of disharmony in the squad - but the main result was results, which is absolutely ridiculous!

Pyeman

Reaction score
Supports
Burnley
Maybe a glitch in the game? I'd return to a save prior to being sacked and try again and see what happens.

Then again I really have issues letting things go, so it could just be me.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
All I'm saying is - fuck that save.

Took over at Spurs, position 17th, I thought it would be false give their players - how wrong was I.

They're shit. They don't have any full backs, and have been playing wingers as full backs who have no idea what they're doing there all season. The only players I had that I'd of wanted in the squad I built at Southampton were Eriksen and Lloris - maybe Phil Jones, but he was injured anyway.

First game up - Chelsea Away. Brilliant, Cuadrado running down one side, Hazard down the other. It was inevitable what was going to happen.

60 minutes in - 6-0 down. Fuck that - I stuck everyone upfront including Lloris, but Kane in goal and just waited for the game to finish.

To my surprise - I scored... but no way. A budget of £10m at Spurs expecting top 4 with that croc of shite - no chance.

Resignation handed it, 3 month save forgotten about.

Going to start a new one tomorrow - I'm thinking either Forest Green Rovers or Bristol Rovers, anyone have any other suggestions?

yellow

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Eurgh, this relegation battle is awfully close…

11th. Leicester P30 PTS33 (-10)
12th. Swansea P30 PTS33 (-17)
13th. Everton P29 PTS32 (-10)
14th. Burnley P29 PTS30 (-12)
15th. Watford P30 PTS30 (-14)
16th. Stoke P30 PTS30 (-19)
17th. Villa P30 PTS29 (-19)
------------------------------------------
18th. Palace P30 PTS28 (-35)
19th. Southampton P30 PTS27 (-11)
20th. Hull P29 PTS22 (-23)

I think Hull are gone now, unless they win that game in hand. Otherwise, we've only just moved up to twelfth and my tenure has seen us been solid at home but terrible on the road. I'm hoping if we can pick up another 2 or 3 wins at the Liberty we'll be ok. 6 points separating 11-19th is bonkers though!

So, we survived by six points in the end, finishing 13th. The bottom three above got relegated, but with Palace bottom. Hull had a mini-revival and finished 19th, getting relegated on the final day. Southampton were 3-2 ahead and looking at safety on the final day before conceding a stoppage time equaliser, thus dropping them back into the bottom three.

Happy to stay up, happy to finish 13th aswell. Finances are poor but I'm hoping that'll sort itself out. Looking to have a big clear out as there's lots of work to do.

QPR got promoted back to the top flight, with an Irish striker I signed (20 yo, bought for £600k) scoring 29 in the league and 38 in all comps - now worth £6m. Trying to sign him but they want £12m+ which I don't have. Annoying.

Hoping for a top half finish next time out.

Madejski

Reaction score
Supports
Reading
Found out the hard way that the JPT had the away goals rule...

HarvSFC

Jaffa Cake Quiz Champion 2015
Reaction score
Supports
Southampton
In Carragher we trust.

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Havent played much the last few days, so only 7 league games into my first season at Swansea.

After their relegation prior to me taking over, the squad were all very low on morale and I had about 6 players trying to force a move away from the club, as a result I have sold Jack Cork, Nathan Dyer, Leon Britton, Jordi Amat, Eduardo Vargas and Angel Rangel. Jonjo Shelvey had been trying to force a move but no one matched what was asked for and he has been left with the under 21's. After selling those players I have brought in Ryan Bennet, Tony Watt (a bit of a risk), Jeff Hendrick from other championship sides as well as 2 free tansfers- Georg Iliev and Angelo Henriquez, however Henriquez doesnt have a work permit so I'm trying to find a loan move for him.

In the league I am currently 2nd with 4 wins and 3 draws including a 1-0 win over Cardiff, and we are in the Capital 1 Cup 3rd round after a 2-1 win over Coventry where a penalty in extra time was the difference.

My only concern at the moment is that an injury to Gomis could potentially ruin my season, as he has scored 10 of 14 goals scored, and nobody else has scored more than one.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
After numerous failed attempts to get Gillingham anywhere that isn't immediately relegated, I think I may well be on the way to achieving it! Currently sit 11th in the league, and have just beaten Colchester (9th) 5-4 in a topsy turvy Boxing day clash, and followed it up with a cracking 1-0 win over 2nd placed Bristol City. In cups, I got to the area semi-finals of the JPT, 3rd round of the League Cup and I have Norwich at home in the FA Cup 3rd round in a week or so. Haven't made a plethora of signings really - Tyias Browning (Everton), Bradley Garmston (WBA) and Kortney Hause (Wolves) have joined on season long loans to shore up the back line, and Jaime Peters (RB/RWB/RM) has signed on a free in my only permanent deal. Cody McDonald is my top scorer, hitting 16 before the turn of the year which is great - but he's out of contract at the end of the season and MK Dons want him now. Not sure what to do there, as I SHOULD have enough to stay up. I'm playing generally a 3-5-2 (using wing backs against better sides) and it seems to be working pretty damn well! So much so that I got offered a new 2-year contract just 3 months into my existing one, which has NEVER happened before! Fingers crossed for a decent 2nd half to the season - I'll take survival!

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
After numerous failed attempts to get Gillingham anywhere that isn't immediately relegated, I think I may well be on the way to achieving it! Currently sit 11th in the league, and have just beaten Colchester (9th) 5-4 in a topsy turvy Boxing day clash, and followed it up with a cracking 1-0 win over 2nd placed Bristol City. In cups, I got to the area semi-finals of the JPT, 3rd round of the League Cup and I have Norwich at home in the FA Cup 3rd round in a week or so. Haven't made a plethora of signings really - Tyias Browning (Everton), Bradley Garmston (WBA) and Kortney Hause (Wolves) have joined on season long loans to shore up the back line, and Jaime Peters (RB/RWB/RM) has signed on a free in my only permanent deal. Cody McDonald is my top scorer, hitting 16 before the turn of the year which is great - but he's out of contract at the end of the season and MK Dons want him now. Not sure what to do there, as I SHOULD have enough to stay up. I'm playing generally a 3-5-2 (using wing backs against better sides) and it seems to be working pretty damn well! So much so that I got offered a new 2-year contract just 3 months into my existing one, which has NEVER happened before! Fingers crossed for a decent 2nd half to the season - I'll take survival!
I signed Jaime Peters on a free when I had the Cheltenham job, was a very good player for me, although inconsistent at first.

Edit, I had garmston too and he was fantastic in league 2, but I found Graham Burke was a better option for league 1

Last edited:

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
I signed Jaime Peters on a free when I had the Cheltenham job, was a very good player for me, although inconsistent at first.

Edit, I had garmston too and he was fantastic in league 2, but I found Graham Burke was a better option for league 1

I'm using both as wing-backs/wide midfielders in rotation with Jermaine McGlashan (Right) and Joe Martin (Left) which offers a lot of pace on the wings. Garmston is a bit erratic but he's starting to do the business with three assists in the last 2 games. Peters is more second choice on the right, but he's rapid as anything which is very useful to have off the bench.

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
I'm using both as wing-backs/wide midfielders in rotation with Jermaine McGlashan (Right) and Joe Martin (Left) which offers a lot of pace on the wings. Garmston is a bit erratic but he's starting to do the business with three assists in the last 2 games. Peters is more second choice on the right, but he's rapid as anything which is very useful to have off the bench.
Another option for wide midfield and I think is a free transfer is Ryan Williams, young and develops into a championship quality player at the minimum, at Cheltenham I rotated between Durrell berry and Jamie peters at right back, with Williams or peters as a wide midfielder in a 4-4-2 with garmstons as left back and either Burke or mathieu manset on the left.
I only just survived the season in league 1, but had one of the top 4 scoring teams, I think if I had signed better CBs and a GK then I could have made a push for playoffs

I've been thinking of bringing Williams to Swansea now, but as my target is promotion to the prem it would be a huge gamble as to whether he would make the step up

Last edited:

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Another option for wide midfield and I think is a free transfer is Ryan Williams, young and develops into a championship quality player at the minimum, at Cheltenham I rotated between Durrell berry and Jamie peters at right back, with Williams or peters as a wide midfielder in a 4-4-2 with garmstons as left back and either Burke or mathieu manset on the left.
I only just survived the season in league 1, but had one of the top 4 scoring teams, I think if I had signed better CBs and a GK then I could have made a push for playoffs

I've been thinking of bringing Williams to Swansea now, but as my target is promotion to the prem it would be a huge gamble as to whether he would make the step up

Is that the Ryan Williams from Oxford?

I'm pretty happy with my squad at the minute, I've got decent depth all over the field and the quality seems to be ok so far. Slightly worried that I'll lose McDonald either now in January or for nothing in July as he's my main source of goals, but other than that the only contracts expiring are youth/deadwood. I'm scouting all over League One and the Championship for contracts expiring soon and there's loads out there - Andy Williams of Swindon is my main target should Cody go, as they're looking nailed on for the drop yet he's scored 14 already for them. Could do with getting some decent youth in though, most of my Gills games in the past have been all about firefighting a losing battle against the drop, whereas this one might have some longevity in it.

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Is that the Ryan Williams from Oxford?

I'm pretty happy with my squad at the minute, I've got decent depth all over the field and the quality seems to be ok so far. Slightly worried that I'll lose McDonald either now in January or for nothing in July as he's my main source of goals, but other than that the only contracts expiring are youth/deadwood. I'm scouting all over League One and the Championship for contracts expiring soon and there's loads out there - Andy Williams of Swindon is my main target should Cody go, as they're looking nailed on for the drop yet he's scored 14 already for them. Could do with getting some decent youth in though, most of my Gills games in the past have been all about firefighting a losing battle against the drop, whereas this one might have some longevity in it.
He was a free agent when I signed him, but if the one at Oxford 19-21 and Australian then that's the one.

If you can then I would set up an affiliate with a premier league team, I set one up between Cheltenham and Aston villa and was able to get Graham Burke on loan, then signed him permanently on a free when his contract ran out, he got 14 goals for me in league 1 which isn't prolific but goals were coming from all over the pitch. He probably isn't a high enough quality for what you want, but there are some quality players you can get for loan and not having to pay towards wages is a bonus

I focus on trying to sign young players, and if it wasn't for impatience then I would have developed the Cheltenham squad and attempted to get them to the championship and eventually the prem

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Havent played much the last few days, so only 7 league games into my first season at Swansea.

After their relegation prior to me taking over, the squad were all very low on morale and I had about 6 players trying to force a move away from the club, as a result I have sold Jack Cork, Nathan Dyer, Leon Britton, Jordi Amat, Eduardo Vargas and Angel Rangel. Jonjo Shelvey had been trying to force a move but no one matched what was asked for and he has been left with the under 21's. After selling those players I have brought in Ryan Bennet, Tony Watt (a bit of a risk), Jeff Hendrick from other championship sides as well as 2 free tansfers- Georg Iliev and Angelo Henriquez, however Henriquez doesnt have a work permit so I'm trying to find a loan move for him.

In the league I am currently 2nd with 4 wins and 3 draws including a 1-0 win over Cardiff, and we are in the Capital 1 Cup 3rd round after a 2-1 win over Coventry where a penalty in extra time was the difference.

My only concern at the moment is that an injury to Gomis could potentially ruin my season, as he has scored 10 of 14 goals scored, and nobody else has scored more than one.

Absolutely cruising in the league at the moment, although with 31 games to go I am only a quarter of the way through the season.

In the Capital One Cup 3rd round, I hosted Tottenham. Things got off to a bad start with Tottenham scoring in the first minute, but we fought back, only for Tottenham to retake the lead early in the second half. Despite the score Swansea were the better side in all of the stats so when Castro made it 2-2 it looked like an upset might be on the cards, but then Tottenham were given a penalty on the 80th minute and Fabianski gifted Lamela a chance which he took to make in 2-4 shortly after. FT 2-4 and out of the cup 1 round earlier than was expected by the board, not good.

Determined to bounce back in my next game I changed formation from 4-1-4-1 to 4-1-2-3 for my next game, home to Bristol City. The result of this was being 0-1 down after 10 minutes, but my reliable forward Gomis equalised shortly before half time and in the second half 3 more goals completed a turn around, FT 4-1 win. Up next was Bournemouth and a dull game ended in our only league defeat so far, a drab 1-0, but since that game Swansea have won the last 5, with clean sheets in the last 4 games.

Unfortunately Gomis is unsettled after interest from Tottenham, understandably so after 19 goals in 15 league games, so I have put a price tag of £20m to ward off any bids, although if that value is matched then I will take it to buy van Wolfswinkle who has 17 goals in 14 games for Norwich.

edit- as would be the way, i got my tactics completely wrong in the next game and lost 3-2

Last edited:

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Managed to beat Norwich 2-1 in the FA Cup Third round, goals from Doug Loft and Cody McDonald securing it after Kortney Hause was sent off for two bookings in the first half (his third red card of the season!). Been drawn at home to Coventry in the next round - about as good a draw as I could've had! Got most of next seasons contracts sorted out, apart from McDonald who still wants to go. I've started searching for a parent club, waiting on the results of that. Couple of away draws and a home win against Coventry have cemented my current 12th place which I'm delighted with. Trying to get a Prem youngster on loan as back up in CM as I've had a few injuries - Any ideas?

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Managed to beat Norwich 2-1 in the FA Cup Third round, goals from Doug Loft and Cody McDonald securing it after Kortney Hause was sent off for two bookings in the first half (his third red card of the season!). Been drawn at home to Coventry in the next round - about as good a draw as I could've had! Got most of next seasons contracts sorted out, apart from McDonald who still wants to go. I've started searching for a parent club, waiting on the results of that. Couple of away draws and a home win against Coventry have cemented my current 12th place which I'm delighted with. Trying to get a Prem youngster on loan as back up in CM as I've had a few injuries - Any ideas?
A few that could be worth looking at are george glendon (man city or clubless), Harry winks (tottenham or clubless), Joe hanks (cheltenham) or hiram boateng (crystal palace)

Winks, glendon and hanks you will be able to sign pretty cheap, boating will probably be a loan at most

yellow

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
That is your game over basically isn't it?

yellow

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Not too shabby.

Since my last update a bit further up, I have progressed through the summer and am into preseason now. I have a completely new squad. I raised around £85m from sales, and have spent £35m on about 12 new signings. I try to avoid having big summers like this, but the squad was so old and ageing. I have also knocked the wage bill down by a few hundred thousand, currently standing at around £650,000pw, which isn't bad in the Prem.

Madejski

Reaction score
Supports
Reading
Juanmi is terrible, I would sell ASAP. Got him on my Reading save. I paid less than £1m for him and he's not worth it.

Full of Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Twitter
@Brainer_Gas_87
I've managed to finish the 2017/18 season since my last update, & again we managed a 7th place finish, with 68 points (5 points less than last season) meaning a 2nd consecutive season in the play-offs. Unfortunately the form we took into the play-offs was pretty shocking, 3 wins, 3 draws & 4 defeats in our final 10 games. We met 4th placed Shrewsbury in the semi's.

The first leg finished with a fortunate 1-0 win, Jonson Clarke-Harris scoring with our only shot on target. The second leg ended with a 4-2 defeat, Andre Gray scoring a 93rd minute winner to send them into the final.

A strange season really, we went on a pretty crazy unbeaten run about half way through November until the end of January, 12 games, 5 wins & 7 draws, in those games we managed to keep 9 clean sheets. In total we managed to keep 22 clean sheets over the season with Joe Murphy having 19 of them. I went out of all the cups in the first round so i'll look to improve on that next season aswell.

There will be quite a few changes in personnel in the summer as i've got to many bang average players, i'm looking for promotion next season & with the initial budget i've been given (£47.7k wages & £188k transfer) I should be able to achieve it pretty easily (famous last words).

I ended up having 3 players selected in the team of the year, Joe Murphy (GK), Tom Parkes (CB) & Jake Gosling (LW). All of them are out of contract this summer. I've tried to keep Murphy on for another year, unfortunately he want's stupid wages for a 36 year old so unless he drops them he'll be leaving, I've also tried to offer Parkes another deal but his agent is playing games so i'll have to keep trying, & I won't be keeping Gosling as despite his selection for the TotY he just isn't good enough for a promotion chasing team.

Jonson Clarke-Harris only ended up with 4 goals for the season & he's not the happiest at the minute so I may look to get rid of him during the summer, meaning i'm going to need 2 or 3 strikers. If I can't sell him on then he needs to improve on his performances & goals.

Time to start shopping......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!