Good Friday fixtures

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Screenshot 2024-03-24 144022.png

yet another relegation banger awaits in Fleetwood v Chelts.

Pompey can look forward to the mother of all nailed-on wins at Adams Park - although mathematically we're still 11 points from assured safety, we're:

a) more or less safe (getting relegated with 50 points has been done, but it's unlikely - and I suspect it only happened in seasons where the bottom 4 were more competitive)
b) likely to have one eye on the Tinpot final on April 7

So there may well be some half-arsed tackles and squad rotation happening.

PFC didn't exactly shit all over us in the reverse fixture (it ended 2-1) and I feel like we're a better team since then, having chopped and changed a fair bit in January - but the table doesn't lie and they're obviously up there for a reason.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
PFC didn't exactly shit all over us in the reverse fixture (it ended 2-1) and I feel like we're a better team since then, having chopped and changed a fair bit in January - but the table doesn't lie and they're obviously up there for a reason.

We've heard that a lot this season. Along with quite a few teams, we're having possibly our worst season when it comes to injuries. This has hampered the team's style quite significantly, but Mousinho has still managed to build an efficient winning machine.

We'll have important players Lane and Rafferty back from illness, and possibly Lang and Ogilvie may be close to a return? If we win this one then it takes the pressure off Tuesdays game with Derby a little.

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Charlton (H)

Alfie May is going to score.
Can see us winning though, 3-1

Be weird for me, as I’m going but not in the Big Bank - posh seats and hospitality for me, brothers stag do, works out perfect as his other half’s family are Charlton fans.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
After winning a huge match at Peterborough we have to keep up the fantastic current form. Defence has been amazing away from home this calendar year. Keep that up and hope the good Blackpool turn up at Pride Park and Tuesday could be match that really seals the top 2. Still can't get too ahead of ourselves as a poor result Friday and Tuesday sees Derby go above us which would be a big mental blow having been top most of the season.

Tallow

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Peterborough away.
In the past we've lost there 1- 6 and 0 - 6.
Not too hopeful of picking up any points this time either if I'm honest.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
After winning a huge match at Peterborough we have to keep up the fantastic current form. Defence has been amazing away from home this calendar year. Keep that up and hope the good Blackpool turn up at Pride Park and Tuesday could be match that really seals the top 2. Still can't get too ahead of ourselves as a poor result Friday and Tuesday sees Derby go above us which would be a big mental blow having been top most of the season.

I fully expect Blackpool to get all three points, the game against yourselves is a dead rubber. I’m hopeful of a draw against Wycombe and that we can do enough against Leyton Orient, Cambridge and Carlisle to keep us in the fight but I’ve very little confidence.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
If we're going to have any chance of staying up, we simply have to go to Fleetwood and get something. Our home game against them was probably our worst performance of the season (certainly in the League). It was Darrell Clarke's first game in charge and the players simply did not turn up.

I'll take a draw, only because we're away, but we need wins and this is a big opportunity to get one.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Last season was our worst performance of the season (IMO) at Vale Park, and that was the season we lost 5-1 to Morecambe!
Players have been given some time off, which is weird considering they have underperformed all season, and especially given the poor performance last time out following their Cheltenham races outing.
The only question is will Loft celebrate when he ultimately scores off his shin (which is usually his favourite body part to control a ball)...?

Last edited:

gijsbert_bos

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Orient at home for us and we are down to the last 400 home tickets, having opened up a few blocks of the Stacey West. Think Orient have been given 750 but not sold out yet. I'd expect the attendance to be close to 10,000.

Big game if we want to reach the playoffs. If we win and Oxford and Stevenage don't, we will move up to 6th as well as effectively ending Orient's hopes. It will be a bit of an ask, though, as we have a bit of a central midfield hole. McGrandles and Hamilton are out for the season, and Erhahon got himself stupidly sent off last weekend. I expect Ted Bishop will come in, but he's not in Erhahon's league defensively so it will be a bit gung-ho with him alongside Mandroîu and Moylan. Alternative is Jack Burroughs but he hasn't really been used there this season and he doesn't have Erhahon's or Bishop's range of passing, I don't think. At least Skubala will have had almost 2 weeks to get something sorted on the training ground.

Can we make it 14 unbeaten in a row? Who can stop the Lincoln Loco?

Last edited:

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Bizarrely we're heading for a sellout against Charlton. People must love a mid table melee!

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Orient at home for us and we are down to the last 400 home tickets, having opened up a few blocks of the Stacey West. Think Orient have been given 750 but not sold out yet. I'd expect the attendance to be close to 10,000.

Big game if we want to reach the playoffs. If we win and Oxford and Stevenage don't, we will move up to 6th as well as effectively ending Orient's hopes. It will be a bit of an ask, though, as we have a bit of a central midfield hole. McGrandles and Hamilton are out for the season, and Erhahon got himself stupidly sent off last weekend. I expect Ted Bishop will come in, but he's not in Erhahon's league defensively so it will be a bit gung-ho with him alongside Mandroîu and Moylan. Alternative is Jack Burroughs but he hasn't really been used there this season and he doesn't have Erhahon's or Bishop's range of passing, I don't think. At least Skubala will have had almost 2 weeks to get something sorted on the training ground.

Bishop, Mandroiu and Moylan, basically three number 10's, in central midfield is either going to be a disaster or great fun - I can't see any in between with that partnership!

Hopefully House is back and Draper has had another couple of weeks of training under his belt because he was way, way off the pace when he came on against Bristol Rovers.

Oxford have a favourable next three games (Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Burton) so we need to keep in touch with them.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Fleetwood's form has been decent for quite a few weeks, the problem has been too many draws and we have comfortably thrown away a good 6 points in this period. No disrespect to Cheltenham but if we can't win this they don't deserve to continue in league 1....end of.

AmberAndy

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Will be interesting to hear about Bolton’s fans expeariance of visiting Stevenage on Friday, particularly with regard to organisation of ground entry and stewarding. Our visits there are generally a bit of a nightmare in these regards. Watch out for their stone throwing wannabes at the end of the home terrace where it adjoins the away end. Will be interesting to know whether they set up a buffer zone following the problems at our game. Firmly a Bolton fan in regards to this game.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Last season was our worst performance of the season (IMO) at Vale Park, and that was the season we lost 5-1 to Morecambe!
Players have been given some time off, which is weird considering they have underperformed all season, and especially given the poor performance last time out following their Cheltenham races outing.
The only question is will Loft celebrate when he ultimately scores off his shin (which is usually his favourite body part to control a ball)...?
Asking him to score 2 in 2 is a bit much. In fairness to him, he's not even looked like a footballer but he was magnificent on Saturday and I can't believe I'm saying those words. Even his touch was decent.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
8 unbeaten going into this with a solid couple of weeks for Jones to further train the squad.

Exeter were woeful when we played them earlier in the season but expect this one to be a lot tougher, think we may edge it though.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Peterborough was usually the ground Carlisle turned up to and got roundly thumped whether they had a good team or a bad one for some reason it just never clicked there.

On paper most will expect the same just the wrong type of team to face and wrong ground to visit.

the only glaringly desperate peice of hope is I remember when Carlisle had in my view their worst ever team back in 2000 it actually went to Peterborough with an utter pile of sh*te that could hardly win a game and somehow pulled off a rare away Peterborough win…..maybe going there with total crap is the way to go.

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient

Big game for both of us on Friday - I'll be there, not been to Sincil since the 05/06 season, where we drew 1-1, very much looking forward to it - especially as I was slightly too young to enjoy the pubs back then!

Can't lie - the re-arranged fixture from earlier in the season has left a sour taste in the mouth - to be 1-0 up after 84 minutes, and have Lincoln reject our suggestion that the final 6 minutes plus injury time should be played, and to then lose the replayed match 1-0 is, for lack of a better word, unfair. Nothing against Lincoln historically, but not a fan of how they handled that, pretty poor overall from my perspective.

In my view, our positions should be reversed and it should be us on 61 points and them on 58, but what can you do - would be typical Orient for it to come down to those 3 points, so I'm sure that will happen!

The break could have done us a favour - our squad is threadbare, and we limped to an impressive victory at Stevenage last time out, so you can't discount us, but given our injuries, a result on Friday is a big, big ask.

Never thought we'd be in the play-off question at all, especially with our squad and injuries, so I'm just happy to be involved really.

Would love a win to avenge those stolen points in the reverse fixture, but Lincoln look on fire at the moment - heart says away win, head says home.

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Big game for both of us on Friday - I'll be there, not been to Sincil since the 05/06 season, where we drew 1-1, very much looking forward to it - especially as I was slightly too young to enjoy the pubs back then!

Can't lie - the re-arranged fixture from earlier in the season has left a sour taste in the mouth - to be 1-0 up after 84 minutes, and have Lincoln reject our suggestion that the final 6 minutes plus injury time should be played, and to then lose the replayed match 1-0 is, for lack of a better word, unfair. Nothing against Lincoln historically, but not a fan of how they handled that, pretty poor overall from my perspective.

In my view, our positions should be reversed and it should be us on 61 points and them on 58, but what can you do - would be typical Orient for it to come down to those 3 points, so I'm sure that will happen!

The break could have done us a favour - our squad is threadbare, and we limped to an impressive victory at Stevenage last time out, so you can't discount us, but given our injuries, a result on Friday is a big, big ask.

Never thought we'd be in the play-off question at all, especially with our squad and injuries, so I'm just happy to be involved really.

Would love a win to avenge those stolen points in the reverse fixture, but Lincoln look on fire at the moment - heart says away win, head says home.

As far as I am aware, it was the EFL that made the replay decision given all the factors involved. I am certain both clubs were consulted fully as to what the correct and proper possibilities were and how to adhere to the rules. On our message boards a hell of a lot of the posts wanted the points to be awarded to Orient, or to try and only replay the last few minutes to complete the time not played from the original game. I really don’t see how Lincoln can be blamed for that whole very sad experience involving Derek Reynolds IMO.

Last edited:

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City

Just to clarify, neither Leyton Orient or Lincoln requested the game to be replayed, or had a decision to make full stop, it was an EFL one - and that's been communicated by your manager.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Asking him to score 2 in 2 is a bit much. In fairness to him, he's not even looked like a footballer but he was magnificent on Saturday and I can't believe I'm saying those words. Even his touch was decent.
To be fair to Loft he did have a short spell with us where he was playing well and scoring a few goals and the fans were saying he was an integral part of the team. Then he suffered an injury and we never saw that player again.
If you can get him playing like we saw briefly then he could do well, although I do think he is a L2 standard player.
Odds on to score against us though, they all do!...and he will know how terrible our defence is.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Peterborough won't be able to cope with our pace, skill, athletism and quality especially at their place. They'll huff and puff and think what can they do as a club to reach Carlisle's level?

Peterborough 0-6 Carlisle

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge
Bloody Easter, didn't realise the match was on Friday until earlier this week and now I can't make it.

Or blessed Easter, I suppose. Whilst I'm sure a fortnight ON THE GRASS honing Monkball has been positive, I'm still not holding out much hope. Comfortable home win feels inevitable, at least they scored while Lincoln bummed them.

gijsbert_bos

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
The Lincoln Loco vs The Orient Express. Can’t see past a derailment for our railway children tbh.
Very good! I feel like we should win this on current form, but the run has to end at some point...

As a Lincoln fan living in E10, this is a fixture Ive been looking forward to for a while. Got a few mates who are Os fans, so it has a little extra spice. I think I will watch online at home as I can't get up to Lincoln for it.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
8 unbeaten going into this with a solid couple of weeks for Jones to further train the squad.

Exeter were woeful when we played them earlier in the season but expect this one to be a lot tougher, think we may edge it though.
We may have been a bit less woeful had Aimson not been wrongly sent off. Alfie May might get a few pelters from our fans for his role in it.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Oxford at home.

Despite Oxford having a good season, I’ve read a few opinions online from a portion of their supporters that they’re not playing as well under Buckingham as they did under Manning earlier on in the season. Couple this in that Hurst has had two weeks on the training ground to get our players fitness levels up which he repeatedly expresses in interviews that that’s our main downfall this season, I think we’ll be good for a point here tomorrow.

Salop 1-1 Oxford

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient

We’ll have over 900 there.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Now sold out. Bonkers.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Very good! I feel like we should win this on current form, but the run has to end at some point...

As a Lincoln fan living in E10, this is a fixture Ive been looking forward to for a while. Got a few mates who are Os fans, so it has a little extra spice. I think I will watch online at home as I can't get up to Lincoln for it.
No pay on the day for our fans, given 950 tickets and only 30 were remaining early yesterday.

First visit to Lincoln for 18 years, I cannot remember what the city is like at all.

Was at our last win there in 2004 too, 4-3 and that was the first time I ever saw people I know get grief and a slap after a game, lots of Lincoln fans and our fans coming to blows after our late winner and our coach needed a police escort out of town, there was a lot of posturing from both sets of fans during and after the game. :lol:

As for tomorrow, we’ll likely keep the same XI which beat the Steves two weeks ago. Max Sanders will start after scoring last time out, Wellens has got him playing well when he plays, but he is made of glass and is still adapting to Wellens demanding style, pulled a few muscles in his time with us and only 5 league starts.

We need 4 points from the two games, this will be a tight game - most of our games are, our last few wins have been 1-0 and 2-1.

We’re not the most clinical of sides, we’ll need to be tomorrow to get something out of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!