Accrington Stanley
Carlisle United
Chesterfield
Morecambe
Newport County
Salford City
Swindon Town
Tranmere Rovers

Notts County, Bradford and Grimsby could also confirm their places.

In L1, Fleetwood will likely be relegated tonight should they lost to Peterborough.

Look at all these midlands/northern based teams in L2 for next season. Great innit. :woo:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Up to 8 teams now confirmed:

Accrington Stanley
Carlisle United
Chesterfield
Morecambe
Newport County
Salford City
Swindon Town
Tranmere Rovers

In L1, Fleetwood will likely be relegated tonight should they lost to Peterborough.

Look at all these midlands/northern based teams in L2 for next season. Great innit. :woo:
Havent been following L2 since promotion really but whats happened to Tranmere and Swindon? Usually expect them to be challenging.

Surprised at Col U with some of the signings made in recent seasons too, Connor Hall was oustanding for us in L2, proper Rolls Royce of a defender.

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Havent been following L2 since promotion really but whats happened to Tranmere and Swindon? Usually expect them to be challenging.

Surprised at Col U with some of the signings made in recent seasons too, Connor Hall was oustanding for us in L2, proper Rolls Royce of a defender.
They postpone nearly all their home games and cram them into the last 4 weeks of the season hoping to make a late surge into the play-offs, just hasn’t worked out this time.

JJ1990

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex

Same as a few of the other bigger teams in the division, including yourselves next season I'd argue. Well meaning owners, but fundamentally incompetent ones who surround themselves with poor support staff, who in turn appoint poor managers and sign poor players. Don't know many fans of those 2 clubs who are happy with the Palios' or with Clem Morfuni. Can probably chuck Bradford into that mix with CEO Ryan Sparks and owner Stefan Rupp.

I know it's way too early when only 8 teams have been confirmed for next season, but I honestly think L2 next season is as wide open as it's ever been. With Wrexham, Stockport, Mansfield and probably one of Doncaster or MK Dons gone, that's most of the divisions heavy hitters.

Chesterfield will be a threat, but I don't see the other promoted NL side doing much. Coming down, Carlisle could bounce back but need a fair rebuild. Same for yourselves. Cheltenham could do ok under Clarke. Fleetwood are a basket case and who knows how long it is until they implode.

Bradford, Tranmere, Swindon all seem a long way away from challenging and all 3 have managerial question marks. Not convinced by the managers at Gillingham or Notts County either. You can make the case(and I genuinely don't think it'll change much come August) for any one of about 10 sides to win the league or go up via the top 3. And it looks even trickier down at the bottom.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yep. I'm a bit bored of the league 1 banter too. It's often 3 or 4 teams measuring the size of their cocks. I'll be glad to get shot of the 'we used to be massive ' club.

As always, I look at league 2 and think we'll have an easier time but we know from experience that's not always the reality. Remember when we first came back down to league 2 a few years ago and Accrington played us about 3 games into the season. We walked into that game thinking we would stroll it and they beat us 2-0.

I genuinely believe that we'll have a top 6 budget. Carol will want to make up for the past 2 awful years. As always, it's the recruitment that's key. We probably need 7 or 8 new first team players and to pay off some of the in contract players. Moore won't accept a frugal transfer chest.

I hope that we're taking a step back to go forwards. We were miles off league 1 after scraping through the playoffs, our squad was never good enough in our first season and we haven't done enough this season to improve it.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yep. I'm a bit bored of the league 1 banter too. It's often 3 or 4 teams measuring the size of their cocks. I'll be glad to get shot of the 'we used to be massive ' club.

As always, I look at league 2 and think we'll have an easier time but we know from experience that's not always the reality. Remember when we first came back down to league 2 a few years ago and Accrington played us about 3 games into the season. We walked into that game thinking we would stroll it and they beat us 2-0.

I genuinely believe that we'll have a top 6 budget. Carol will want to make up for the past 2 awful years. As always, it's the recruitment that's key. We probably need 7 or 8 new first team players and to pay off some of the in contract players. Moore won't accept a frugal transfer chest.

I hope that we're taking a step back to go forwards. We were miles off league 1 after scraping through the playoffs, our squad was never good enough in our first season and we haven't done enough this season to improve it.
I remember that, we came down first time in decades, beat Luton Away for the first time since Victoria was on the throne with them pumped to the eyeballs after a 30 point deduction and thought we'd do well... next game was Stanley at home, recall they had a Sunday League like kit at the time and warm up gear thinking we will smash these surely?!

Few minutes in 1-0 down (Mullin was it?) and that was welcome to League Two! Finish 18th and we were god awful much of that season with players who ended up mostly in non league!

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
3.7 million ? That's lower than ours this season it was 4.1 million - suprised yours is that low is the club making a profit or something ?

Yours was inflated due to cup success though, wasn’t it? Higher ticket sales due to recent promotion etc, can you honestly say that it’ll be anywhere near £4m next season based on how you’ve performed in the league, not just this season but last season, too?

The club operated at a £374k loss last financial year, which would’ve been written off had we made it past Carlisle in the play-offs. Ifs, buts and maybes, but it’s relevant to say.

In addition, combined wages at the club equated to £5.6m. Total outgoings amount to just shy of £9m per season. We have huge operational costs such as our ground rent and overheads, which cost us circa £1.4m per season. We need to find that before a ball is kicked in anger. Wouldn’t it be lovely to chuck that £1m+ in the playing budget, every season. Needless to say, if we didn’t need to pay it, we wouldn’t have ever found ourselves in League Two in the first place.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yours was inflated due to cup success though, wasn’t it? Higher ticket sales due to recent promotion etc, can you honestly say that it’ll be anywhere near £4m next season based on how you’ve performed in the league, not just this season but last season, too?

The club operated at a £374k loss last financial year, which would’ve been written off had we made it past Carlisle in the play-offs. Ifs, buts and maybes, but it’s relevant to say.

In addition, combined wages at the club equated to £5.6m. Total outgoings amount to just shy of £9m per season. We have huge operational costs such as our ground rent and overheads, which cost us circa £1.4m per season. We need to find that before a ball is kicked in anger. Wouldn’t it be lovely to chuck that £1m+ in the playing budget, every season. Needless to say, if we didn’t need to pay it, we wouldn’t have ever found ourselves in League Two in the first place.
I'm flabbergasted that you haven't managed to get back up. It just shows how poor decisions can affect even those with bigger budgets. Surely you'll do it in the next couple of years?

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM

Accrington Stanley
Carlisle United
Chesterfield
Morecambe
Newport County
Salford City
Swindon Town
Tranmere Rovers

That is fucking horrendous already.
God we need to get out of this league

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Any club coming down from league 1 better be careful, very easy to fall straight through if you aren't careful.

Clubs like Carlisle & Vale shouldn't just assume they'll be promotion contenders.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Any club coming down from league 1 better be careful, very easy to fall straight through if you aren't careful.

Clubs like Carlisle & Vale shouldn't just assume they'll be promotion contenders.
We don't. We've already almost been burnt by this fairly recently, having finished in our worst league position of all time. However, in previous times, the club has been an absolute mess and skint. We're not this time and although we've had a pretty rough couple of years, it doesn't feel like the club is built on sand.

With the greatest respect to FGR, they were always punching massively above their weight being in the league. They were dreadful in league 1 last year and the owner has seemingly lost a bit of interest. I'm not saying it's impossible for us to be relegated again, we're certainly used to losing over the last 2 years, but I'd be very shocked with the core of talented youngsters and 2 or 3 other decent players we have under contract that we'd get into trouble.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC

Your stadium rent sure is a killer! An astronomical number for the lower leagues. We have a very favourable rent for Meadow Lane structured fairly depending upon the league we are in to make sure it's never a burden.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

We don’t… we’ve been there before. Both past relegations we finished 18th and 20th first season in L2. Spending 10 years of the last 16

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Same as a few of the other bigger teams in the division, including yourselves next season I'd argue. Well meaning owners, but fundamentally incompetent ones who surround themselves with poor support staff, who in turn appoint poor managers and sign poor players. Don't know many fans of those 2 clubs who are happy with the Palios' or with Clem Morfuni. Can probably chuck Bradford into that mix with CEO Ryan Sparks and owner Stefan Rupp.

Bradford, Tranmere, Swindon all seem a long way away from challenging and all 3 have managerial question marks. Not convinced by the managers at Gillingham or Notts County either. You can make the case(and I genuinely don't think it'll change much come August) for any one of about 10 sides to win the league or go up via the top 3. And it looks even trickier down at the bottom.
I'll limit my remarks to TRFCs current situation.

When the Palioi first took over, the budget claims were of top third, but now that has been down-graded to mid-table. The reality is that by football club owners standards, they are not wealthy and some of the off-field projects haven't bourne fruit. There have been some poorly judged managerial appointments and shifting the approach to player development in the second year of Mellon's second appointment was an error. Mark's health has not been great and it's no secret that he's been trying to sell the club but so far no suitable buyers at the asking price.

I wouldn't agree with the managerial question marks point though. Adkins, initially a back-seat technical director, took over as Rovers boss initially on an interim basis, but subsequently being given a long-term deal. While the duration of his contract is probably a mechanism to ensure Nige gets a pay-off if the new owners don't want him, but he and Mark Palios played together and trust each other so get the impression that there is less involvement from the boardroom on player recruitment. letting Adkins do his own thing.

Until I've seen who we add to a fairly strong core of contracted players over the summer, wouldn't predict where we might finish. but L2 looks likely to be financially weaker and there are teams in contention for the play-offs this season punching above their financial weight. Think Rovers could finish anywhere between lower mid-table and the play-offs.

While it's looking more likely that Vale will come down, which is welcome because of their decent travelling support, don't mind Burton instead as a ground I've not been to.

Reremnart

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers/Pittsburgh Steelers
Halifax (great away day with some terrific pubs in town and that huge covered terrace) or Altrincham (nice easy to nearby away game) would be my preference. Definitely don`t want Gateshead (absolutely soul less ground with (shudder) a running tracking around the pitch and even worse now they have taken the roof off the away stand)

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Halifax (great away day with some terrific pubs in town and that huge covered terrace) or Altrincham (nice easy to nearby away game) would be my preference. Definitely don`t want Gateshead (absolutely soul less ground with (shudder) a running tracking around the pitch and even worse now they have taken the roof off the away stand)
Casting my mind back to 2010 when I went to Gateshead, yes it's an awful ground but Newcastle is a great city and the pub overlooking the Tyne is lovely.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Not that we’d be about but would love for alty to come up.

Us and newport are joint longest patrons of this league so newport will now carry that baton alone.

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
As I said before, I'd love Alty to come up after being voted against before automatic promotion. Barnet are on a roll though so I'd be happy to welcome them back. How long before they drop again?

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
It’s early days, but I’m looking forward to next season.

With the introduction of Sharpe in the background, coinciding with Rupp promising to put his hand in his pocket, I’m interested to see what kind of side we can build.

Our playing budget has flirted around £3.7m for the past couple of seasons. I’m guessing, it’ll be slightly higher next season. Barring Carlisle and perhaps Chesterfield, there doesn’t seem to be a standout financial powerhouse when compared to this season.

Has to be promotion. Anything less is a failure (again).
We are certainly not that :lol:. Your budget is nearly double ours, although I fucking hope the piggy bank gets dipped into next season, suspect we'll need it.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots

Very true. It is a concern that we don’t have a great deal of the existing playing staff out of contract and frankly bar Ripley, Garrity and Chislett if I don’t see the rest of them ever again it’ll be too soon. Always the challenge of trying to turn around a losing culture which we’ve had two years running.

Anyway us and Fleetwood as good as done now. You’ve got a choice of Burton or Cheltenham for the final one. Most likely still Cheltenham with their final games.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
We are certainly not that :lol:. Your budget is nearly double ours, although I fucking hope the piggy bank gets dipped into next season, suspect we'll need it.

You can’t be that far behind, especially given the inevitable increase in revenue you’ll receive from being back in the EFL.

I’m sure the EFL annual payments guarantee you circa £700k more than non-league.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United

He's been terrible for most of the season, complete liability. Uncomfortable with the ball at his feet and positionally poor.

Grimsby Road

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby

I think it will be quite high as the owners are willing to put 1-1.5 million in each season going by the accounts to top it up , i think the cup money effectively meant they didn't have to prop the budget up for 1 season .

We have a load of dross (or never play ) on long contracts - including your ex man Vernam .

It will be interesting to see our ST prices , if the rise is equivalent to last year it will be over £400 for an adult , seems a hard sell after this season .

Maybe you will do better next season with Alexander being able to recruit his own players .

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood

Accrington Stanley
Carlisle United
Chesterfield
Morecambe
Newport County
Salford City
Swindon Town
Tranmere Rovers

Already looking forward to next season, meeting up with old friends and some new ones. Hopefully we can win a few more matches than we have done this season although I'm not holding my breath. Cheers lads

Grimsby Road

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby

I know it's way too early when only 8 teams have been confirmed for next season, but I honestly think L2 next season is as wide open as it's ever been. With Wrexham, Stockport, Mansfield and probably one of Doncaster or MK Dons gone, that's most of the divisions heavy hitters.

Chesterfield will be a threat, but I don't see the other promoted NL side doing much. Coming down, Carlisle could bounce back but need a fair rebuild. Same for yourselves. Cheltenham could do ok under Clarke. Fleetwood are a basket case and who knows how long it is until they implode.

Swindon & Morecambe seem the likely basket cases next season if their off field issues don't get sorted out .

Not sure if there are any other candidates ?

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Swindon & Morecambe seem the likely basket cases next season if their off field issues don't get sorted out .

Not sure if there are any other candidates ?

Potentially Fleetwood? Isn’t their owner in prison?

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Potentially Fleetwood? Isn’t their owner in prison?
We are as safe as houses ( those repossessed ) Only lost £6m last year, paid around £400k in agent fees. Pilley still 12 years to go before he comes out, probably and realistically about 7, hope I'm still alive to see it. His son and daughter are now directors of the club, but no worries, monthly d/d from HM Prison Leyland to FTFC. Absolute bed of roses eh

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
You can’t be that far behind, especially given the inevitable increase in revenue you’ll receive from being back in the EFL.

I’m sure the EFL annual payments guarantee you circa £700k more than non-league.
Player budget was £2.1m this year, confirmed by one of the owners recently. We've got some work to do, so will have to spend on top of that next season to compete, but I can't see it going past £3m, that would be a huge jump. Probably come in somewhere around £2.5m you'd imagine. Suppose it depends if any extra money comes in from this Sky thing as well, but then everyone will get that. A season of consolidation would do me fine to be honest. I'm fucking bored waiting for next season already, this off season is gonna be looong.

Grimsby Road

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Player budget was £2.1m this year, confirmed by one of the owners recently. We've got some work to do, so will have to spend on top of that next season to compete, but I can't see it going past £3m, that would be a huge jump. Probably come in somewhere around £2.5m you'd imagine. Suppose it depends if any extra money comes in from this Sky thing as well, but then everyone will get that. A season of consolidation would do me fine to be honest. I'm fucking bored waiting for next season already, this off season is gonna be looong.
The sky money is 300k on top of what league 2 clubs already get per season - what that equates to I'm not sure . But like the rest of us on here be prepared for your games to get moved around - first and last games will both be outside the 3pm kick off time for everyone to start .

I think you will do okay , not that big a gap between NL and league 2 imo we came 11th with basically the team that came up through the play-offs after finishing 6th or whatever it was . Ironically we have done much worse throwing more money about this season with poor recruitment .

Stockport & Wrexham have shown what can be done if you can maintain the momentum , Notts have not done badly either really .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yorkshire Amber
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!