Match Day National League fixtures October 30

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Humberside Police are a bunch of jokers, that's ridiculous. You should get as many Notts fans to fill in complaints about that. Perhaps it was karma for your snide little "Racists" comment though.

Aye, fair, not my finest little jibe. On that whole incident in a more sober sense, though, IB has confirmed it was something said to Cameron rather than Taylor that was presumably either the type of racism that unfortunately still seems to be accepted at football a lot of the time, or homophobic. Both of those can be dismissed as banter or whatever at football too easily still, so it was good to see that the players didn’t and that Grimsby took it seriously and got an announcement straight out.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Aye, fair, not my finest little jibe. On that whole incident in a more sober sense, though, IB has confirmed it was something said to Cameron rather than Taylor that was presumably either the type of racism that unfortunately still seems to be accepted at football a lot of the time, or homophobic. Both of those can be dismissed as banter or whatever at football too easily still, so it was good to see that the players didn’t and that Grimsby took it seriously and got an announcement straight out.
Sounds like it was something homophobic, by the sounds of it, it was one of those that in some parts of society is still accepted as ‘banter’. Not saying it’s acceptable but it sounds more idiotic language than something deeper.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Had a bit of time to reflect and think yesterday, whilst annoying, isn’t the end of the world.

If Notts are the challenge then I’m comfortable with how the season is going given we’d almost certainly have won that 2/3-0 without injuries. Proper sucker punch at the end but it’s only a point we’ve lost in reality.

We’ve still fucked up by not getting in reasonable backup and thinking LJL was the answer but we’re second in the league which is miles better than we thought.

McAtee out for a month so we really need to get somebody in, he’s absolutely vital

I don’t think it was a great game to judge either team really. You obviously had key players missing, and with the ball it was our worst performance of the season by miles. As expected you pressed us really high and we just kept losing it before we got to the half way line, we don’t really have a plan b still when the press works against us.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Grimsby won’t do anything this season if they’re relying on 2 players only. Surely that squad needs bolstering regardless, even when both McAtee and Taylor come back in!?

Maguire who went off for us yesterday confirmed as a 5-6 weeker, which is better than first feared apparently. But that’s now 4 defenders out injured, all first teamers… fully expect us to enter the loan market, even if it’s only short term. Rough estimate on timescales for our current injured lads returning shows how desperate we are to bolster the squad:

Haydn Hollis - Ruptured Achilles / 3-4 months
Gavin Gunning - Fractured Eye Socket / Back next league game if op not needed, if it is, 5-6 weeks
Laurence Maguire - Pulled Calf / 6 weeks
George Carline - Fractured knee cap / 4-5 months
Curtis Weston - Ligament Sprain / End of Nov
Jack Clarke - Pulled Hamstring / Mid Nov
Joe Rowley - Unknown
Danny Rowe - Mystery illness / unknown
Akwasi Asante - ACL / End of Nov
Tom Denton - Torn Knee Ligaments / New Year

Pretty desperate situation that. What makes it more frustrating is that 6 of those injuries were impact caused by tackles, so it’s not like we could have even prevented them!

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I suspect we will Chuck the kids out in the FA Cup next week and spent the next few days trying to get a couple of short term loans in.

Im suprised we didn’t go for Zak Brunt to be fair.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
I suspect we will Chuck the kids out in the FA Cup next week and spent the next few days trying to get a couple of short term loans in.

Im suprised we didn’t go for Zak Brunt to be fair.
If we’re loaning anyone, I want defenders in. We’ve now got 4 out, 3 of which are long term absentees!

Atleast in the attacking areas we’ve got players coming back sooner rather than later, such as Clarke, Rowe (hopefully?) & Asante

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Grimsby won’t do anything this season if they’re relying on 2 players only. Surely that squad needs bolstering regardless, even when both McAtee and Taylor come back in!?

Maguire who went off for us yesterday confirmed as a 5-6 weeker, which is better than first feared apparently. But that’s now 4 defenders out injured, all first teamers… fully expect us to enter the loan market, even if it’s only short term. Rough estimate on timescales for our current injured lads returning shows how desperate we are to bolster the squad:

Gavin Gunning - Fractured Eye Socket / Back next league game if op not needed, if it is, 5-6 weeks
Joe Rowley - Unknown

Pretty desperate situation that. What makes it more frustrating is that 6 of those injuries were impact caused by tackles, so it’s not like we could have even prevented them!

Illnesses and stuff like the eye socket are just bad luck but any clue why there are so many pulls and tears? I'd have thought you'd have a pretty well resourced coaching set up and medical staff. What are they doing? is it just bad luck?

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Illnesses and stuff like the eye socket are just bad luck but any clue why there are so many pulls and tears? I'd have thought you'd have a pretty well resourced coaching set up and medical staff. What are they doing? is it just bad luck?
I think you'd better stay out of this after WHAT YOU DID to George Carline

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Yep the injuries to Maguire and Clarke definitely concern me as they shouldn’t be happening really. Especially Maguire’s considering he did it in the 5th minute of the game!!!

We have had some serious bad luck though as Asante’s, Weston’s, Carline’s, Gunning’s and Rowley’s were all caused by tackles. Hollis was an innocuous one as well, his was caused by the way he landed when going up for a header, pretty horrific injury that one was!

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby

Joe Rowley - Unknown

When you add Joel Grant and Scannell to that as well it’s easy to see why. In midfield and defence we have good numbers and are as strong as any side in this division but our injuries are all up the top of the pitch.

We’ve needed a striker all season but done nothing about it because people thought LJL would be ample back up, shockingly to some, he isn’t.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Oh, we got an announcement out? Glad about that, haven't seen it though. The dismissing as banter is probably one of the most dangerous lines around in football, anything remotely racist/homophobic/sexist needs to be called out. Hopefully the culprit is found and banned.

Joe Rowley - Unknown

As Lew says, our defence and midfield are definitely up there and we're now missing four attackers on the top side of our budget so I don't think it's fair to say we're reliant on just two players. This squad as it is without any injuries is comfortably good enough for a top five finish at the very least from what I've seen.

While we're on the subject of being overly reliant on one or two players though...

Daggers 2-2 Tshimanga equaliser
Eastleigh 1-0 Tshimanga winner
Borehamwood Wood 2-1 Tshimanga second goal
Torquay 2-2 Tshimanga brace
Barnet 4-2 Tshimanga brace
King's Lynn 2-0 Tshimanga brace

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Oh, we got an announcement out? Glad about that, haven't seen it though. The dismissing as banter is probably one of the most dangerous lines around in football, anything remotely racist/homophobic/sexist needs to be called out. Hopefully the culprit is found and banned.

As Lew says, our defence and midfield are definitely up there and we're now missing four attackers on the top side of our budget so I don't think it's fair to say we're reliant on just two players. This squad as it is without any injuries is comfortably good enough for a top five finish at the very least from what I've seen.

While we're on the subject of being overly reliant on one or two players though...

Not sure if you’ve said anything post-game, it was the standard anti-racism and discrimination one over the tannoy. Step one of the three step protocol thing.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Had a bit of time to reflect and think yesterday, whilst annoying, isn’t the end of the world.

If Notts are the challenge then I’m comfortable with how the season is going given we’d almost certainly have won that 2/3-0 without injuries. Proper sucker punch at the end but it’s only a point we’ve lost in reality.

We’ve still fucked up by not getting in reasonable backup and thinking LJL was the answer but we’re second in the league which is miles better than we thought.

McAtee out for a month so we really need to get somebody in, he’s absolutely vital
Yeah my lad was pretty down after it yesterday so I just showed him the table on my phone and said would you have been happy with that at the start of the season and of course he said yes.
And I’m not down at all about yesterday as it is only a point lost as even though I thought that we looked the most likely to score second half, I never actually thought that we would score although I didn’t see Notts scoring either.
These last 2 1-0 defeats had we missed loads of chances then I’d be frustrated by them but in reality from the 2 games combined we only deserved 1 point and ended up with 0 so definitely not the end of the world.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC

It’s nice to see our “£250k” striker producing I guess isn’t it!! :gr:

However to add some balance to the argument:

Chesterfield 2-0 Wealdstone - Khan & Carline
Chesterfield 2-2 Bromley - Carline & Oyeleke
Yeovil 0-2 Chesterfield - Oyeleke & Tshimanga (still 3 pts without his goal)
Wrexham 1-1 Chesterfield - Kerr
Southend 0-4 Chesterfield - Rowe x3 & Khan

Oh and Asante & Rowe coming back into the squad within the next month..

TheEndIsNigh

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
I don’t think it was a great game to judge either team really. You obviously had key players missing, and with the ball it was our worst performance of the season by miles. As expected you pressed us really high and we just kept losing it before we got to the half way line, we don’t really have a plan b still when the press works against us.

Blimey, they didn’t even have to press us first half, we were booting it out of play under no pressure, lucky to get away with it really.

I think the second half proved that Cal and Nemane are better options than DKE and JOB, who’d have thought it?

Just got to mention as well the utter cock up with pre ordered tickets that happened, they didn’t turn up until shortly before kick off. I think other fans may have been less patient than we were…

SpireiteDan

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC

We'll certainly be more reliant on him while ever Rowe and Asante are out.

I reckon i might score a league goal before Payne does.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield

Would you stop trying to curse an injury on our star player pls

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We'll certainly be more reliant on him while ever Rowe and Asante are out.

I reckon i might score a league goal before Payne does.
You can look at it two ways. Tshimanga's goals has enabled you to wins lots of scrappy points whilst alot of other players are out injured and you are not playing very well, or alternatively you are wholly reliant on him and will be fecked if he get's injured.

I think it's the former, which bus company are you using for the open-top tour...?

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Parkinson will get November to improve things, if he fails to do so then he'll be gone.

Anything but maximum points from the next 3 games (Aldershot, King's Lynn & Wealdstone) will be completely unacceptable. He's under serious pressure.

I reckon we should go after Dave Challinor, he'd jump at the chance to manage here for £30k per week.

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
Parkinson will get November to improve things, if he fails to do so then he'll be gone.

Anything but maximum points from the next 3 games (Aldershot, King's Lynn & Wealdstone) will be completely unacceptable. He's under serious pressure.

I reckon we should go after Dave Challinor, he'd jump at the chance to manage here for £30k per week.

If you can't beat us then Parkinson should resign instantly - all you have to do is defend well and we'll give you an easy goal or two at some point

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
If you can't beat us then Parkinson should resign instantly - all you have to do is defend well and we'll give you an easy goal or two at some point
We could really do with Hyde back for this one, as otherwise we won't score any from open play.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
It’s nice to see our “£250k” striker producing I guess isn’t it!! :gr:

However to add some balance to the argument:

Chesterfield 2-0 Wealdstone - Khan & Carline
Chesterfield 2-2 Bromley - Carline & Oyeleke
Yeovil 0-2 Chesterfield - Oyeleke & Tshimanga (still 3 pts without his goal)
Wrexham 1-1 Chesterfield - Kerr
Southend 0-4 Chesterfield - Rowe x3 & Khan

Oh and Asante & Rowe coming back into the squad within the next month..
Oh yeah I mean it would be insane if he got you every single point! He's getting on towards half as it is, although admittedly it's not the most accurate way of measuring how reliant someone is.
Would you stop trying to curse an injury on our star player pls
Oh I would never wish to see a major injury on a player. However, what I will say is that over the course of the season it is highly unlikely that Tshimanga will pick up a few red cards and/or minor niggly injures that will in no way affect his career.

pontoonlew

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Just seen the Notts winner, it’s a dreadful piece of goalkeeping from Macca

SpireiteDan

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
which bus company are you using for the open-top tour...?

With the furlough money not coming in anymore we might have to go budget. So with that in mind, we should get in touch with the one Mansfield used when they won this league....

Ahh that thread was genuinely brilliant!

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Just seen the Notts winner, it’s a dreadful piece of goalkeeping from Macca
Sadly yes - live I thought we just lost our shape for once with Crookes absent on our left, but that was a flap...needed to be pushed out for a corner, also the defender behind may have dealt with it.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
With the furlough money not coming in anymore we might have to go budget. So with that in mind, we should get in touch with the one Mansfield used when they won this league....

That would be Stagecoach. And if I'm not mistaken the number 23 circular to Langwith. I'm reliably informed they paid using dayriders

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC

A265CDF0-72AB-429F-A2FC-F2C0EC44DDD8.jpeg

You quite simply have to applaud that level of support and turnout. Spectacular!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!