Port Vale v Bradford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bantamigo

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Sounds like an open game but we've still missed a lot of chances. Nice to see us win anyway, and results have gone for us the other way. Good chance for a couple of wins now at home although Robinson has left the MK Dons so maybe we won't get our standard victory against them.

finley

Reaction score
Supports
bradford city
Unbelievable,it's all the ref's fault Vale are going down

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Unbelievable,it's all the ref's fault Vale are going down

That's not what he said though is it?

He said we haven't had much luck with divisions lately which is correct:

Penalty v Scunthorpe-wasn't a penalty in a million years
Penalty v Peterborough- Guy wins the ball
Penalty v Millwall - foul was a foot or two outside the box
Handball for Bradford winner today and failure to send off Cullen.

Two of the pens were saved so didn't cost us!

We are going down due to one man and one man only... the chairman employing Bruno, signing masses of players, selling two of our best ones.... then having to sign a load more in January to try and stop the rot...

Why he decided to force out the majority of the squad which just needed a couple of decent additions to challenge the top six in the summer only he will know.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Great win today without needing to get out of 2nd gear really, Marshall missing hopefully back Tues and Jones of the bench from injury things are looking up, think Vale are down there awful.
Please learn how to speak english before posting.

My take on the game - Bradford had loads of possession for 30 minutes and had a couple of decent chances, with law running the show. After that, vale were the better team and I think Bradford scored with virtually their only shot of the second half.
I thought we battled well without ever really looking like scoring more than one. We won a few battles second half and it got the crowd going a bit. We just lack a little quality and composure all over the pitch.
Bradford looked like they do every year, good enough for the play offs but no more than that, lots of possession for a bit which then turned into lumping it forward, hiwula was awful . If vale are awful (which we have been for much of the season) then this does not reflect well on Bradford who barely deserved a draw.
Aside from that, the referee really was up there with most of the incompetent cretins we have had this season. Definitely a penalty for us second half, bottled a red card and missed jones playing basketball. He basically gave a foul if a Bradford player went to the floor, irrelevant of what had happened and had no clue who to give throws to half the time. Linesmen were just as bad.
Poor taste from jones to celebrate like he had won the world cup, but that is what we have come to expect from classless, thick footballers who wouldnt know humility if you showed it to them in a dictionary.
Generally fed up with the 'beautiful game ' at the moment.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

My take on the game - Bradford had loads of possession for 30 minutes and had a couple of decent chances, with law running the show. After that, vale were the better team and I think Bradford scored with virtually their only shot of the second half.
I thought we battled well without ever really looking like scoring more than one. We won a few battles second half and it got the crowd going a bit. We just lack a little quality and composure all over the pitch.
Bradford looked like they do every year, good enough for the play offs but no more than that, lots of possession for a bit which then turned into lumping it forward, hiwula was awful . If vale are awful (which we have been for much of the season) then this does not reflect well on Bradford who barely deserved a draw.
Aside from that, the referee really was up there with most of the incompetent cretins we have had this season. Definitely a penalty for us second half, bottled a red card and missed jones playing basketball. He basically gave a foul if a Bradford player went to the floor, irrelevant of what had happened and had no clue who to give throws to half the time. Linesmen were just as bad.
Poor taste from jones to celebrate like he had won the world cup, but that is what we have come to expect from classless, thick footballers who wouldnt know humility if you showed it to them in a dictionary.

Yeah we were far from awful today... have been at times this season but not today.

finley

Reaction score
Supports
bradford city

I don't blame Jones for celebrating after Vale fans bood him as soon as he came on

bantamigo

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

We've played Vale about 14 seasons in a row now and I've never once seen one of their fans say we played alright. It's always Vale were better and Bradford were shite and also the ref was blind and cost us the points. You might be speaking the truth but it's like a meme nowadays.

Usually we are the better side in a game and end up drawing so your point about us being poor but still winning 'reflecting badly' on us is utterly nonsensical. I'd much rather be in this situation.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We've played Vale about 14 seasons in a row now and I've never once seen one of their fans say we played alright. It's always Vale were better and Bradford were shite and also the ref was blind and cost us the points. You might be speaking the truth but it's like a meme nowadays.

Usually we are the better side in a game and end up drawing so your point about us being poor but still winning 'reflecting badly' on us is utterly nonsensical. I'd much rather be in this situation.

I was responding to your illiterate friend, who claimed vale were awful. Bradford didnt deserve to win today and against anyone half decent would have lost. We made you look very average at times but don't have the necessary quality, I don't think it bodes well for you in the long term to have one shot second half against an awful team.
I'll say it as i see it, and today you looked like you do every time, a play off team and nothing more (not that i don't wish we were in that position) and I also believe and hopefully so will the assessor that the referee was incompetent today and directly affected the result both through his match changing decisions and his general award of a free kick for any challenge ruined any flow we might have had in the game.

bantamigo

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Why would one bad half away at Vale totally take away from all the games this season where we've played well though? If anything today was a massive plus, no teams at this level play well for 90 mins every week so to win when you're not at top level is surely a good thing. It's not even a cogent argument for me,

For balance our journo, who is a Pompey fan and usually quite balanced, didn't say anything about the result being unjust today. In fact he said we should have been out of sight at half time but actually let you off with poor finishing yet again. So either one of you is talking bollocks or it's probably in the middle.

As for the ref situation it's not even worth mentioning. Every team in the league gets knackered by a ref at numerous points in a season.

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
Why do Bradford fans have difficulty grasping the English language?

Edinho-oh-oh

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
You know your team has had it when relegation fodder losing 2-1 against a decent promotion chasing team has fans resorting to ref bingo and pulling you up on literacy. I'm not going to bother watching us for the rest of the year or pay for the new £150 quid season ticket or praise the way we've played for 80% of the year. I certainly won't celebrate if we do go up and nor will i continue to turn up at VP with 18,000+ others to enjoy my Saturdays creating a proper football atmosphere.......all because of a game at Vale Park in February where we had the quality to win and Vale didn't (but then they were done over by a ref with no more affiliation to us than them).

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You know your team has had it when relegation fodder losing 2-1 against a decent promotion chasing team has fans resorting to ref bingo and pulling you up on literacy. I'm not going to bother watching us for the rest of the year or pay for the new £150 quid season ticket or praise the way we've played for 80% of the year. I certainly won't celebrate if we do go up and nor will i continue to turn up at VP with 18,000+ others to enjoy my Saturdays creating a proper football atmosphere.......all because of a game at Vale Park in February where we had the quality to win and Vale didn't (but then they were done over by a ref with no more affiliation to us than them).

Ref bingo? So your saying controlling the ball with your hand isn't a foul?

finley

Reaction score
Supports
bradford city
He didn't control the ball with his hand though did he.The ball may have bounced up and accidentally brushed his arm but I'd hardly call that controlling the ball,also regarding the alleged stamp,according to the commentary there was nothing in it and it was the Vale player play acting trying to get Cullen sent off and the ref was spot on.So wind your neck in and just accept defeat with some grace and dignity for gods sake

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
He didn't control the ball with his hand though did he.The ball may have bounced up and accidentally brushed his arm but I'd hardly call that controlling the ball,also regarding the alleged stamp,according to the commentary there was nothing in it and it was the Vale player play acting trying to get Cullen sent off and the ref was spot on.So wind your neck in and just accept defeat with some grace and dignity for gods sake

So you saw the stamp? Our commentator on the post match saw it and confirmed it as did us all in the ground at the time... but thanks for your input from 60 miles away. Accept the defeat, we didn't take our chances with JJ nor take the game when on top and got hit with the sucker punch.

Referee got the decisions wrong though and on a forum we are able to discuss them.

Lancs@(Bantam)

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
This is hilarious from Vale fans, Vale were awful as were we but we just had the quality to get the points. If that was a good performance from Vale then I wouldn't like to see a poor performance.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Cullen, the alleged 'stamper' is a decent lad, there's no malice in his game or dirty enough tactics to go out and deliberately harm someone, if someone like Tony McMahon had been involved I would be inclined to agree but not with someone with the attitude of Cullen to premeditate a stamp.
As for the 'handball', IF it hit him, it's accidental - he's not stretched out and grabbed the ball with two hands to bring it down and control it or "play basketball" or words to that extent above. At worst it's ricocheted, naturally hit his body from close range and he's slammed it in.
I only listened so I can't comment either way but the blaming of the ref for every injustice since things started going tits up comes across as massively clutching at straws.
And it's 'you're' not 'your' for a post further up, not something I would mention normally but seeing as the grammar police are out.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
This is hilarious from Vale fans, Vale were awful as were we but we just had the quality to get the points. If that was a good performance from Vale then I wouldn't like to see a poor performance.

Under Bruno we created sweet FA and often spent 90 minutes clinging on as teams racked up 15-20 shots against us a game... that was awful.

Yesterday with a depleted back line we played some decent stuff, created a few chances and bar the first twenty minutes limited Bradford who are currently 5th to minimal chances. Was far from awful, not great but we are in a slump so was never going to turn up and be Brazil 1970 was we!

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City

Get yourself into education immediately.

Edinho-oh-oh

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Ref bingo? So your saying controlling the ball with your hand isn't a foul?
That's exactly what i'm saying.....it isn't a FOUL. It's going to be hard to enjoy the rest of the season watching my well run club now; knowing there are teams out in the world like Vale who would be pissing the division if it weren't for the refs they've had all year......keep fighting the good fight.

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
That's exactly what i'm saying.....it isn't a FOUL. It's going to be hard to enjoy the rest of the season watching my well run club now; knowing there are teams out in the world like Vale who would be pissing the division if it weren't for the refs they've had all year......keep fighting the good fight.

I think you'd find controlling the ball with your hand is an offence. Are you new to this football stuff?

Edinho-oh-oh

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
.....if a hand ball is deemed deliberate, it is a breach of the laws of the game. The officials clearly didn't deem it to be deliberate as the goal stood, therefore, it was not a breach of the rule relating to hand ball. I realise that doesn't suit your agenda or give you the comfort blanket you're clinging onto for the season you've had so i'll say no more.

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
.....if a hand ball is deemed deliberate, it is a breach of the laws of the game. The officials clearly didn't deem it to be deliberate as the goal stood, therefore, it was not a breach of the rule relating to hand ball. I realise that doesn't suit your agenda or give you the comfort blanket you're clinging onto for the season you've had so i'll say no more.

That's not what you said. You said controlling the ball with your hand isn't a foul to valefan16. You didn't say with intention or not which is why I responded.

You're wrong. I'm right.

Edinho-oh-oh

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I assumed we were talking about the alleged offence that took place during the game to which this thread pertains and from which various conspiracy theories about refs taking charge of Vale games have been espoused. No? Not to worry, you can have it either way. It can be something to hold onto when you're watching us in the play offs in May (or sifting through the wreckage of your relegation, or both, that would be win-win).

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
I assumed we were talking about the alleged offence that took place during the game to which this thread pertains and from which various conspiracy theories about refs taking charge of Vale games have been espoused. No? Not to worry, you can have it either way. It can be something to hold onto when you're watching us in the play offs in May (or sifting through the wreckage of your relegation, or both, that would be win-win).

Well you assumed wrong little man.

And I don't support Port Vale. I support Nuneaton Town

finley

Reaction score
Supports
bradford city
He's not educated enough to understand,the poor little plum

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Aside from Bradford fans kicking off because we've queried a referee decision, class photo (can't work out how to upload it) showing their fans all clapping for Jake Dean who died at such a young age. Class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanPep

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!