Saturday 16th December Fixtures

Tallow

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Carlisle 2 - 2 Northampton
A much improved performance today against an in form team.
We had a real fighting spirit about us, dominant at times and creating some good opportunities.
Plange had his best game since signing and deserved his MOTM accolade.
Todays performance was a real confidence booster, and while the late equaliser was a sickener we saw plenty of positives.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
That's a tough one to take. We controlled that game with 10 men for most of it and completely shit the bed in the last few minutes. Can't afford to be dropping points in games like that in our situation.
We proper robbed you there, one of the luckiest wins I’ve seen us get.

We was really poor, devoid of ideas and confidence and never looked like scoring, your lot worked their socks off but certainly tired in the final ten minutes when our subs in particular Shaq Forde started finding more space and was making a nuisance of himself.

In the end our subs Forde and Galbraith somehow won us the game.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I'm not usually lost for words at a final whistle, but today I really was. I just feel, cheated.

The red card was stupidity in the extreme - I don't think the first was a yellow, but the second was criminal on Ben Williams' part. We did well to get in at 0-0 at half-time and then we dominated the second half until completely falling to bits in the final 10 mins.

Our penalty was soft if I'm honest. The equaliser hurt, the winner was devastating. But it's football and we go again next week don't we.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Very comfortable 3-0 win at home to Burton. Should have been 6 or 7. A mad goalmouth scramble with 7 or so shots as well which didn't result in a goal. Some good goals from us.

Man of the match for me was Burton keeper Max Crocombe though, he had a very good game.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Thought we were superb first half. We finally turned our possession and superiority into worthwhile attacks. It could and should have been 4 or 5 and Wigan would have had no complaints. We've threatened that sort of performance in a few games but the last 4 or 5 games have been disappointing.

Wigan basically scored 2 goals out of nothing but were deservedly beaten in the end. There are a few other teams, notably Shrewsbury, Lincoln and Peterborough who we should have beaten having had much more of the play but only got 1 point out of it. This time we converted.

We've been very poor results wise but if we could just stop conceding these awful goals...Our midfield is probably one of the best in the division but we've just been dreadful in both boxes. When it clicks like today, we look a very good team.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Just seen the highlights of Bolton. All I can say is that is special from Santos…!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Thought we were superb first half. We finally turned our possession and superiority into worthwhile attacks. It could and should have been 4 or 5 and Wigan would have had no complaints. We've threatened that sort of performance in a few games but the last 4 or 5 games have been disappointing.

Wigan basically scored 2 goals out of nothing but were deservedly beaten in the end. There are a few other teams, notably Shrewsbury, Lincoln and Peterborough who we should have beaten having had much more of the play but only got 1 point out of it. This time we converted.

We've been very poor results wise but if we could just stop conceding these awful goals...Our midfield is probably one of the best in the division but we've just been dreadful in both boxes. When it clicks like today, we look a very good team.
We just needed a result by hook or crook to get confidence back; we did that and the next stage was then to add the performance and results together again and that was today (and for large parts Tuesday).

Nuts that to sort our scoring problems we get rid of our strikers and go with a midfielder up top… all be it Garrity has 9 for the season which is more than a lot of strikers at this level so far! 7 in a week scored and 6 in 2 games… throats won’t take the celebrations after barely cheering goals all season!

Looking forward to Tuesday now and hopefully give that a good go and then another winnable game at Wycombe. Need to keep the momentum going now.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Dont be fooled by the scoreline, a much improved 2 nd half performance cant disguise the fact that Posh should have been 2/3 ahead at the break. We cant buy a goal at the moment and I cant see things improvimg any time soon. 6th successive loss, on the bright side, sooner or later we'll break this sequence but it needs to be sooner rather than later !!

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Just got back from Shrewsbury. First half wasn't one for the purists but I always felt we were in control and the goal on the stroke of half-time changed the complexion.

We came out second half and dominated for the most part. As soon as the second goal was scored it was simply a case of how many we were going to win by. Not once did I think Shrews would get back into it and they really were poor going forward.

We're in a very healthy position now and our performances have gone up a notch since that defeat to Blackpool. To win four straight games, score ten and concede none (with three of those away from home) is very impressive.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
2-2

A real kick in the bollocks to concede so late but it was a brilliantly worked and executed goal to be fair. The first however was a shambles and a disgrace to football. A new goalkeeper should be right near the top of our Jan shopping list.

I expected nothing so a point is one more than expected, but to lose the victory like that is hard as I thought we were the better team. Credit to Northampton though, that kind of thing is why they’ll stay up and we’ll go down.

You honestly still think we'll go down when we're going to be signing the likes of Luke Armstrong and Charlie Wyke along with other top quality players next month?

What a loser you are. :lol::lol:

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Just seen the highlights of Bolton. All I can say is that is special from Santos…!
I've said it a million times...the guy is a liability! Turning circle of a tanker. I'm genuinely amazed that Bolton fans rate him so highly. It's literally because he's a big guy....that's why people notice him.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
I'm not usually lost for words at a final whistle, but today I really was. I just feel, cheated.

The red card was stupidity in the extreme - I don't think the first was a yellow, but the second was criminal on Ben Williams' part. We did well to get in at 0-0 at half-time and then we dominated the second half until completely falling to bits in the final 10 mins.

Our penalty was soft if I'm honest. The equaliser hurt, the winner was devastating. But it's football and we go again next week don't we.
Pretty much agree with all this. I think the red was harsh - if you look at the two challenges in isolation and ask the question, should he be sent off for these? - I think most would say no. But he gave the ref a decision to make with the 2nd and that's that.

At least this loss feels like it matters...in August/September I and probably most others pretty much stopped caring when we lost every week. A weird kind of postitive to take away :dk:

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient

The ref set the tone by booking Beckles after 2mins I thought and then carried it on with Williams first, the second was brainless. Before that I noticed you was overloading our box with 7 players at one point which was unerving for us.

I thought you worked very, very hard to keep us quiet, despite us clearly lacking in alot of believe and ability for 80mins but I only really felt threatened at plays because we're not the biggest or strongest side. Neither keeper really had anything to do.

I thought the pen was nailed on from the away end, Pratley does things like that alot where he dives in needlessly.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
You honestly still think we'll go down when we're going to be signing the likes of Luke Armstrong and Charlie Wyke along with other top quality players next month?

Where are you getting this Wyke stuff from? Armstrong yeah looks like it’s happening, but even so he’s still yet to prove anything at this level. It might work out it might not.
There’s absolutely nothing that suggests we’re getting Wyke other than a couple of posts on Facebook. And who are these top quality players you think we’re getting? You’re living in a fantasy world. A fantasy world where you already relegated Northampton weeks ago.

Yes I do think we’ll go down because we’re the worst team in the league, can’t keep a clean sheet and can’t win a game. Obviously if we sign a load of proven top quality that might change, but it’s easier said than done. As things stand we have a squad that is taking us down. You can’t say oh we’re staying up because we might sign better players in January. On that basis I could say West Ham will win the Premier League because they might sign better players in January. It’s moronic. At present you can only go on the team we actually have.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Where are you getting this Wyke stuff from? Armstrong yeah looks like it’s happening, but even so he’s still yet to prove anything at this level. It might work out it might not.
There’s absolutely nothing that suggests we’re getting Wyke other than a couple of posts on Facebook. And who are these top quality players you think we’re getting? You’re living in a fantasy world. A fantasy world where you already relegated Northampton weeks ago.

Yes I do think we’ll go down because we’re the worst team in the league, can’t keep a clean sheet and can’t win a game. Obviously if we sign a load of proven top quality that might change, but it’s easier said than done. As things stand we have a squad that is taking us down. You can’t say oh we’re staying up because we might sign better players in January. On that basis I could say West Ham will win the Premier League because they might sign better players in January. It’s moronic. At present you can only go on the team we actually have.

Stranger things have happened I guess but Wigan brought him on today and he scored. Also they looked a fair bit better with him on the pitch than before it so can’t imagine they’d be too keen to let him go. As you say with Armstrong he’s not exactly proven at this level. He might be decent but can only go off when we’ve played Harrogate in the past and I wouldn’t want to be paying the sort of money that Wrexham were reputed to have offered for him.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Stranger things have happened I guess but Wigan brought him on today and he scored. Also they looked a fair bit better with him on the pitch than before it so can’t imagine they’d be too keen to let him go. As you say with Armstrong he’s not exactly proven at this level. He might be decent but can only go off when we’ve played Harrogate in the past and I wouldn’t want to be paying the sort of money that Wrexham were reputed to have offered for him.
I can assure you we won’t be paying anywhere near the 500k fee Wrexham were shelling out for him a few months ago. But Carver will no doubt tell you we’re paying treble that amount.

As for Wyke, I’ve read a few posts on Wigan websites that say he’s earning 10k a week. We cannot and will not pay those kinds of wages, and I wouldn’t want us to.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Sounds like Carlisle were value for the draw

Last edited:

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Didn’t watch the game due to work and I’m not going to bother watching the highlights in all honesty either. Seen the stats and that was enough to indicate how the game went. Not surprised in the slightest when I saw our 18 match squad, especially against top of the league.

Oh well… onto next week. Surely going to get easier… oh wait… Peterborough at home. I’ll look forward to the Boxing Day game with Cheltenham where we have more of a chance. Any point(s) from here until January is a bonus where we can then hopefully get some numbers in once more.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The ref set the tone by booking Beckles after 2mins I thought and then carried it on with Williams first, the second was brainless. Before that I noticed you was overloading our box with 7 players at one point which was unerving for us.

I thought you worked very, very hard to keep us quiet, despite us clearly lacking in alot of believe and ability for 80mins but I only really felt threatened at plays because we're not the biggest or strongest side. Neither keeper really had anything to do.

I thought the pen was nailed on from the away end, Pratley does things like that alot where he dives in needlessly.
I agree - for all the possession we had in the second half, I don't think your keeper had a save to make.

The pen was one where Pratley has dived in but not really made any contact but Ferry left a leg. Definite pen, but the sort that irritates when it goes against you.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We were terrible yesterday, or were Reading better than I expected? Either way, we had a perfect start, first attack and Bishop gets in behind their defender and puts in a dangerous ball, 1-0 up.

You expected Reading to come back at us and they did, but they kept hunting down in packs, breaking at pace etc. They had 2 goals rightly disallowed first half - 1 for a push, 1 for offside.

Again, you expect it to change 2nd half, whilst we were more offensive, Reading had numerous chances and their goal was a.lovely finish.

Reading look like a good side - I expected them to be quite disjointed but they were a lot more free flowing. When we did attack they looked vulnerable at the back, but they were relentless. If they keep that up, they should have enough to stay up, maybe its starting to click for them.

Hopefully Erhahon is back soon as he was missed yesterday, and Hackett-Fairchild us not far away either.

Last edited:

Strawberry_Jam

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
Really didn't play well yesterday, there were glimpses but then mistakes quickly followed and we could get into a rhythm. Deserved a point if only for having the best move of the match. Just happened to come in stoppage time.
A little warning on Carlisle hoping that big signings will get them out of this mess. We found (when we had Chinese money) that if there are big disparities in wages and have no clear plan on signings, with the increase of pressure and expectations, it won't end well. Yes you'll get players to good a la Matt Crooks and Matt Grimes, who are a joy to watch, but I'd much rather be in our position. But if these American owners get a good director of football and chief executive in who know the english game, then hopefully it will go well.

Moonie

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Looked a different side yesterday, moved the ball around more fluently and some good ball carrying from Jordan Gibson and Luke Plange. A little bit slow to get men in the box for crosses, but other than that greatly improved. Sickening to concede at the death after coming from a goal behind.

Northampton got away with one today. We need to go one better next week - big game against Cheltenham, whom I've never forgiven for relegating us from the football league with a late equaliser in May, 2004.

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Disappointing draw today. 11 vs 11 was very little in it, Exeter go a man and a goal down before the break and it looked like we'd be set for 3 points. Fair play to them, they got a leveller just after half time. It gave them something to hold on to and to their credit they defended well and offered something on the counter. We had the better of it after that but barely worked the keeper, not good enough from our end but despite that still had a couple of chances that really should have been goals. Definitely a case of two points dropped but can't really have any complaints with the result.
Let's be honest, it was never 11 v 11 in the first place with the referee in his Stevenage shirt under his referee's one.

Will take the point all day long though. Onto Cambridge (a) on Friday, with the hope yesterday is the starting point of turning the season around

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City

Listen, we are signing Messi and Mbappe in January so you'll still be behind us.

Or something.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I've said it a million times...the guy is a liability! Turning circle of a tanker. I'm genuinely amazed that Bolton fans rate him so highly. It's literally because he's a big guy....that's why people notice him.
I've seen him once in our match against Bolton last Monday and I think he's a fantastic player for this level. Maybe the Port Vale fan watches too much Prem. It amazes me how he can come to that conclusion after watching about 2 mins of the Bolton highlights.
Bolton are having a bad patch like every team has but they'll be back.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth

You're not the worst team I've seen this season. Keep the faith

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
You're not the worst team I've seen this season. Keep the faith
Yeah we were decent at your place. Still lost though.

We concede too many goals now, we didn’t back then.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Sounds like the Premier leagues newest officiating recruit upset a few Derby fans ?

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Sounds like the Premier leagues newest officiating recruit upset a few Derby fans ?

Yeah, well they can stick it - she did fine.

Let the game flow when it needed to and disciplined people when she needed to, I’d say.

Booked one player from each side for timewasting (taking a shot after the whistle), booked one player from each side for handbags off the ball even though our lad protested his innocence (didn’t see the incident myself) and booked one of theirs for backchat.

They did get more bookings than us but they put in more fouls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!