The Mansfield, Notts County, Lincoln and East Midlands mega thread

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Pretty sure most fit footballers look similar to that.

image.jpeg

Erm....

(Yes that's Conrad Logan, Mansfields new number 1)

Last edited:

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Well he is a goalkeeper and very clearly not fit (though that picture was obviously taken months ago).

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Well he is a goalkeeper and very clearly not fit (though that picture was obviously taken months ago).
But is he a footballer? Yes he is...

Anyway why are you bothered, I haven't mentioned anything about any Grimsby players? (Mainly because I've never heard of any of them :dk:)

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Just pointing something out. What's the point of being on the forum otherwise?

Flaxman's Alibi

Reaction score
Supports
Tubby Evans Embalming Army
I wait with baited breath at seeing the situation in a quarter of a century, after our Dee-dah wannabe neighbours have been rinsed by a crap owner with ill ideas - kinda like we were after the Haslam raping years of 1993-2008.

You can squabble over attendances and size and all that bollocks; I'm just happy that we're still going as a club. If folks nitpick at our current spending then quite frankly, here's one Stag that couldn't give a monkey's bright pink un. We've spent 24 years dying, being asset stripped, having to play second fiddle to loads of similar sized clubs (such as Chesterfield) because we were being systematically taken to bits by a crook. It's taken 9 years to rescue the situation and turn the club around - 5 of which was spent in the non-leagues. In that time we've lost a lot that the club are still putting back together, one block at a time.

I couldn't care less if Club X is bigger than us. If Club Y has a bigger away following. If Club Z has sold more season tickets. The only thing that matters to me, after forty years of going to Field Mill, is that after almost a quarter of a century of bullshit, my club is alive and on the up. If it offends anyone, neh mind.

Last edited:

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
What a thoroughly dull thread.

In the end the fact is that we are heading in one direction and the Dee-dah wannabes are heading in the other.

I wait with baited breath at seeing the situation in a quarter of a century, after they've been rinsed by a crap owner with ill ideas - kinda like we were after the Haslam raping years of 1993-2008.

You can squabble over attendances and size and all that bollocks; I'm just happy that we're still going as a club. If folks nitpick at our current spending then quite frankly, here's one Stag that couldn't give a monkey's bright pink un. We've spent 24 years dying, being asset stripped, having to play second fiddle to loads of similar sized clubs (such as Chesterfield) because we were being systematically taken to bits by a crook. It's taken 9 years to rescue the situation and turn the club around - 5 of which was spent in the non-leagues. In that time we've lost a lot that the club are still putting back together, one block at a time.

I couldn't care less if Club X is bigger than us. If Club Y has a bigger away following. If Club Z has sold more season tickets. The only thing that matters to me, after forty years of going to Field Mill, is that after almost a quarter of a century of bullshit, my club is alive and on the up. If it offends anyone, neh mind.
What a shame it would be for us to finish above you AGAIN this season then.. You know because we're obviously on this huge downward spiral into the abyss and Mansfield are supposedly surging towards the championship...

This talk about comparing our owner to Haslam is utterly embarrassing. Dave Allen is not Keith Haslam, that man was a crook just like Darren Brown.

Dave Allen is the underlying reason we have moved into a fantastic stadium worlds apart from Saltergate in terms of match day experience and revenue, won two league titles, a cup, been to Wembley twice, aswell as seeing some of the best squads us fans have ever seen play for chesterfield... All in 7/8 years.

Over the last couple of years people he has employed have let him down big time, people such as Kevin Fitzgerald, Chris Turner etc... And ultimately this led to him wanting out and decided to put the club up for sale... He has now retracted that and we are currently off the market. For what reason, well that is yet to be seen.

The point is, that while Dave Allen is at the helm of our football club our future is never in doubt, we will not go away, no matter how much you stags are hoping we will slowly fade away and turn into some gash non league outfit buzzing about a Derby away at Alfreton (Yes we remember when that was your biggest game of the season a few years back :ffs:)

Fair play to yourselves, you've built a competitive squad... But so have we, and I am certainly looking forward to this coming season. It's been a long time since our clubs were going head to head at the top end of the table, let's hope this season is a good one!

Flaxman's Alibi

Reaction score
Supports
What a shame it would be for us to finish above you AGAIN this season then.. You know because we're obviously on this huge downward spiral into the abyss and Mansfield are supposedly surging towards the championship...

This talk about comparing our owner to Haslam is utterly embarrassing. Dave Allen is not Keith Haslam, that man was a crook just like Darren Brown.

Dave Allen is the underlying reason we have moved into a fantastic stadium worlds apart from Saltergate in terms of match day experience and revenue, won two league titles, a cup, been to Wembley twice, aswell as seeing some of the best squads us fans have ever seen play for chesterfield... All in 7/8 years.

Over the last couple of years people he has employed have let him down big time, people such as Kevin Fitzgerald, Chris Turner etc... And ultimately this led to him wanting out and decided to put the club up for sale... He has now retracted that and we are currently off the market. For what reason, well that is yet to be seen.

The point is, that while Dave Allen is at the helm of our football club our future is never in doubt, we will not go away, no matter how much you stags are hoping we will slowly fade away and turn into some gash non league outfit buzzing about a Derby away at Alfreton (Yes we remember when that was your biggest game of the season a few years back :ffs:)

Fair play to yourselves, you've built a competitive squad... But so have we, and I am certainly looking forward to this coming season. It's been a long time since our clubs were going head to head at the top end of the table, let's hope this season is a good one!

I've not compared Allen to Haslam as individuals. Haslam had nothing and stole a small fortune. Allen has a small fortune and wants to retain it. The similarities will be in that for years we spent nothing because we were facilitating our owners lifestyle, and Chesterfield too are going to have to drastically cut their cloth, in a similar fashion, to get those Allen millions back. The morals of the two men are incomparable; a desperate absence of the finances of both clubs are much nearer. Except the Spireite spending has put them in a deeper hole than even Haslam dug for us - and he left us with nothing but membership to the Football Conference.

If you get out of that choke-hold, that your ownership has stuck you in, quickly and in good shape then I'll doff my cap. However, in the real world, fourth division debts are rarely so easy to adjust to. Trust me, we're evidence of that.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
I've not compared Allen to Haslam as individuals. Haslam had nothing and stole a small fortune. Allen has a small fortune and wants to retain it. The similarities will be in that for years we spent nothing because we were facilitating our owners lifestyle, and Chesterfield too are going to have to drastically cut their cloth, in a similar fashion, to get those Allen millions back. The morals of the two men are incomparable; a desperate absence of the finances of both clubs are much nearer. Except the Spireite spending has put them in a deeper hole than even Haslam dug for us - and he left us with nothing but membership to the Football Conference.

If you get out of that choke-hold, that your ownership has stuck you in, quickly and in good shape then I'll doff my cap. However, in the real world, fourth division debts are rarely so easy to adjust to. Trust me, we're evidence of that.
Dave Allen is one of Yorkshires richest men, he's worth about £70m so I wouldn't call it a small fortune...

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Allen will never spend beyond what he *wants* to afford, and that's the key right there. He'll never spend spend spend in a desperate bid for the Championship, he's made that clear. But he also wouldn't have sanctioned all these signings if he desperately wanted to recoup every penny at the expense of the club. I don't particularly like the man being honest about it never have, but this massive shit hole Mansfield desperately want us to be in will never come whilst he's here. I'll worry more if he leaves and we don't get another rich owner in, but he's pretty invested in it as it stands I can't see him leaving quite yet unless rich owner #2 buys him out. Otherwise all and any debts are serviceable, and not a problem. Also entirely down to the new ground I hasten to add, not massively spending beyond our means.

Flaxman's Alibi

Reaction score
Supports
Is that the "massive shithole" that your fans were fretting over for the vast bulk of the last year?

Well, good fortune with your lucky predicament.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Is that the "massive shithole" that your fans were fretting over for the vast bulk of the last year?

Well, good fortune with your lucky predicament.
Absolutely, because it looked like Allen was stepping away, we had an idiot CEO in charge making awful decisions, we had the worst squad we've had in living memory, we had a guy in charge of commercial making up competition winners and all sorts of stuff! Things have stabilised a bit since. The squad is better, the idiots (mainly) have been sacked and owner seems back on board. There's reasons to be positive for the first time since our L1 playoff season.

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Unfortunuately the biggest idiot at CFC is still there and whilst that rains the case I fear the next scandal is around the corner.

You only have to look at twittergate, things starting to look rosy, bridges starting to be rebuilt and then this happens and we are back to square one.

I'm still not planning on attending home games whilst the current incumbents are in charge. I don't like them, I don't trust them and they certain couldnt give two shits about our fan base. They will see the damage they have done next season with our gates. Certainly won't be 6000 or 7000 like it has been in recent years

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Unfortunuately the biggest idiot at CFC is still there and whilst that rains the case I fear the next scandal is around the corner.

You only have to look at twittergate, things starting to look rosy, bridges starting to be rebuilt and then this happens and we are back to square one.

I'm still not planning on attending home games whilst the current incumbents are in charge. I don't like them, I don't trust them and they certain couldnt give two shits about our fan base. They will see the damage they have done next season with our gates. Certainly won't be 6000 or 7000 like it has been in recent years
Tbf I honestly believe AC is genuine... I just think he's a bit of a numpty in all honesty and it's probably better he stays off social media, however I do think he has the clubs best interests at heart... Which is more than can be said about the t*** who once said 'This club doesn't make mistakes'... You know exactly who I mean!

Whilst I fully respect fellow fans stance on not going home games (I did contemplate it at the back end of last season) I simply just can't stay away, I support Chesterfield FC not the people who run it, so I have renewed my season ticket and I'll be there again next season, it's in my blood!

Fandemonium

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Not sure what's more laughable - Staglets once again bleating about a 'lost generation' (the last twenty-odd years have seen them enjoy a rebuilt stadium, play offs, promotions, visits to both Wembley and the Millennium and millions of investment) or a Town fan claiming Ashley Carson has the Club's best interests at heart.

Nah, to be fair it's Comical Carson giving a rat's ass for CFC...

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Not sure what's more laughable - Staglets once again bleating about a 'lost generation' (the last twenty-odd years have seen them enjoy a rebuilt stadium, play offs, promotions, visits to both Wembley and the Millennium and millions of investment) or a Town fan claiming Ashley Carson has the Club's best interests at heart.

Nah, to be fair it's Comical Carson giving a rat's ass for CFC...
It's about personal opinions and i believe he does... Simple as that

Fandemonium

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
A rebuild stadium with every corner cut, one play off Final in 2004 and five years in non-league for the first time in our history. It's been fucking brilliant.

Well I don't remember any such comments when your small band of fans were larging it up over Saltergate. But hey - gotta agree how bog-standard Field Mill really is.

Yet why are you airbrushing from history your play off appearance in 94/5? Your promotion of '01/2 (wasn't it)? Your Wembley final in '11? Making the Conference play offs in '12 and of course your so-called superfan chairman (who's spent years sponsoring and supporting Donny) blowing millions to deliver the Conference title a season later?

Meanwhile we only have to look at the likes of Luton, Oxford, Grimsby and Lincoln to see outfits who've visited non league yet either retained or rebuilt their fanbase.

Oh, and just for the record MTFC experienced their highest averages since the seventies under Keith 'drove folk away' Haslam. Higher than any subsequently seen under Mr Mid-life Crisis, too.

I wonder what fans of other clubs of Mansfield's size - York, Hereford, Halifax, Darlington and Chester - will think of your self-appointed martyrdom.

PS: 'long overdue' thread? I'd have been happy to've never met again...

Last edited:

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Okay - that's two of you, then.
There is no denying he's DA's puppet, but I think compared to the rest of the clowns he's the most adept we have had...

I don't believe those Twitter comments were him either, you'd have to be extremely stupid to do such thing when the relationship between board and fans is at an all time low... I think a bit of common sense is needed

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yet why are you airbrushing from history your play off appearance in 94/5?
Probably because it was 22 years ago, hardly Mansfield's 'recent' history is it?

Last edited:

Fandemonium

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
There is no denying he's DA's puppet, but I think compared to the rest of the clowns he's the most adept we have had...

I don't believe those Twitter comments were him either, you'd have to be extremely stupid to do such thing when the relationship between board and fans is at an all time low... I think a bit of common sense is needed

I'm not gonna go into this on here.

Other than to say he employed, excused and endorsed those you dub 'clowns', admitted - infact bragged about - calling a young fan a 'twat' for simply 'liking' critical comments, whilst his claim that someone hacked his account just to call another a 'c***' before blocking them was just the latest example of Carson's words defying that 'common sense' you speak of.

Many further examples are available on 'Bob's Board' or from the Wednesday fans who still use the word 'liar' in the same sentence as his name.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
I'm not gonna go into this on here.

Other than to say he employed, excused and endorsed those you dub 'clowns', admitted - infact bragged about - calling a young fan a 'twat' for simply 'liking' critical comments, whilst his claim that someone hacked his account just to call another a 'c***' before blocking them was just the latest example of Carson's words defying that 'common sense' you speak of.

Many further examples are available on 'Bob's Board' or from the Wednesday fans who still use the word 'liar' in the same sentence as his name.
So you honestly believe it was AC who sent those messages after he adamantly claimed that his account had been hacked... And has since been suspended and he's now not on social media???

really?

Fandemonium

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Probably because it was 22 years ago, hardly Mansfield's 'recent' history is it

I was referring to the claim, so often made by our yellow neighbours and repeated on here, that they've somehow endured a generation of woes.

It's just a lame and self-pitying excuse for traditional local indifference.

Fandemonium

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
So you honestly believe it was AC who sent those messages after he adamantly claimed that his account had been hacked... And has since been suspended and he's now not on social media???

really?

100%

Infact as I pointed out - and you seem to be ignoring - Carson has well documented previous.

But hey - I'm sure he appreciates your loyalty...

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
100%

Infact as I pointed out - and you seem to be ignoring - Carson has well documented previous.

But hey - I'm sure he appreciates your loyalty...
I just don't want to see him made a scapegoat by our fans... I've said before that he doesn't help himself at times with various social media posts, but I stand by the opinion that he has our best interests at heart!!

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a local business man with a top brass come in and invest millions into our club to clear those debts and push us to the next level... But realistically it won't happen any time soon, so we'll have to do with what we've got, and now the majority of the bad eggs have left the building im feeling much more content than how I felt mid way through last season!

All town aren't we?

Fandemonium

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I just don't want to see him made a scapegoat by our fans... I've said before that he doesn't help himself at times with various social media posts, but I stand by the opinion that he has our best interests at heart!!

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a local business man with a top brass come in and invest millions into our club to clear those debts and push us to the next level... But realistically it won't happen any time soon, so we'll have to do with what we've got, and now the majority of the bad eggs have left the building im feeling much more content than how I felt mid way through last season!

All town aren't we?

No animosity intended, my friend.

However I do want to see Allen's very first appointment, his right-hand man during his toxic tenure at Hillsborough and who's overseen everything that's gone wrong at CFC, held responsible.

You say Allen's been let down by folk he's employed - but why doesn't that happen at his other businesses? Why were/are they tolerated at Town? Why have we witnessed a repeat of the confrontation surrounding his Wednesday Chairmanship? Why have a series of chancers and opportunists been handed gigs? Where've the millions from player sales gone? Why were we relegated? Why has CFC been declared insolvent?

And why have long-serving directors, staff and sponsors been forced out the Club - I hope they weren't the 'bad eggs' you spoke of.

I'll return the thread to it's original topic by simply saying Mansfield fans have every right to compare events on Sheff Road to those at Haslam's Field Mill.

Last edited:

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I think the realistic Chesterfield fans know trouble is round the corner, things aren't well and we all know that.

Unlike some that took great glory in what happened to us under Haslam - for those of you reading this saying we moan about it - you probably won't get it half as bad as what we got it - I won't take glory in any potential demise. I know what the consequences can be.

I'm not really bothered what Chesterfield do, I just know that at long last we've a chairman looking after us and we're on the up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV