Stickied Transfer Rumours 2023/24

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
What a read :lol:. Eastleigh Fan is either a very deluded fan, an OK WUM or... Or...

The Eastleigh chairman? It would make sense with all his 'inside' knowledge.

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
If you don't think that's how it went down, then you clearly don't know anything about football deals.
I suspect even Arnold probably wasn't aware of everything that went on. His agent will have just told him, i got you a cracking deal at your first choice club, but i had to work my bollocks off to get you that deal, aren't i good to you.....

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
Here's another one.
We were in for a L2 player who is under contract, and were initially told that the transfer fee would be £X.
We were then told another FL club were in for him and they had offered £XXX more than 3 times what his club were initially going to sell him to us for. So they told us to beat the FL clubs offer & the deal would be done. We said no thanks. The player is still with his club.
There was no other club in for him and he will stay at his club until his contract runs out next year & will then likely come to us for nothing!
Moral is, his club got greedy and tried to con Eastleigh because its known we have money.
But its really the player who lost out, as he wanted to move back south, so his club (not his agent ) let him down badly & we believe he will now sit on the bench all season anyway. So his club have royally fecked up!
Greed and playing the situation badly. Happens a lot.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
I suspect even Arnold probably wasn't aware of everything that went on. His agent will have just told him, i got you a cracking deal at your first choice club, but i had to work my bollocks off to get you that deal, aren't i good to you.....

His agent isn't Jake Speight by any chance is it?

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
If you don't think that's how it went down, then you clearly don't know anything about football deals.

Tell us all how you became such an expert on "football deals" - cos without any demonstrable experience or involvement in the process, you read like someone who has read an autobiography from one of the 90s PL 'characters', and are passing it off as knowledge.
(ie, bullshitter)

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Third scenario:
Eastleigh offered a player a shit ton of money to relocate, and the player said "why would I want to do that?", and signed on for a bit less money somewhere where he can keep his house etc, and play in front of crowds.

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
I am made aware of certain of deals & often that includes the details of the deal. I won't go into why.

Strangely enough its very easy to get hold of information on deals. It's amazing what football agents are willing to tell you (i dont get my info from agents), i'm just saying that you can, if you ask the right questions to the right agents. Most want to brag about the good deals they have done for their clients. There are also many ex-footballing people who are made aware of transfers/deals, as they are often asked for advice on players and what they should be paid as a value for money scenario. Having good contacts in the game, is what its all about.

StanLee

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Think Eastleigh fan needs to pipe down and stop embarrassing himself. I have a close friend who is a football agent, and EF is correct to an extend, they do play other clubs 'best and final offers' against one another but do not make up lies in order to facilitate more money.

The terms of their engagement letter with the client and the AFA code of practice forbids that kind of behavior.

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
Third scenario:
Eastleigh offered a player a shit ton of money to relocate, and the player said "why would I want to do that?", and signed on for a bit less money somewhere where he can keep his house etc, and play in front of crowds.

Yip, exactly, and that's what happened with Duffy as i had previously mentioned, but it was never like that with Arnold. Those reasons were not why Arnold didn't sign for us, he didn't sign as we didn't really want him for the money we were being asked to pay him. Lincoln took the bait. he now plays for them & good luck to him. That's where Cowley's inexperience of signing big players came in, he just hasn't dealt with anything like this before, so was duped. He'll learn, if given time.
Make no mistake, Eastleigh have made some big mistakes on signings and have paid a lot more than they should have for players in the recent past, and i'm sure there will be occasions where that will happen again, but we are learning. When Hilly left, a big amount of transfer experience went with him, as he always signed players in deals that he could get out of cheaply if he needed to, so it does worry me when we sign players on 2-3 year deals, because it could end up being very costly if it doesn't work out. Toddy also lacks experience in the transfer department, but we have other people helping out on deals now, so we are learning how to spot the scrupulous clubs and agents who try to take the piss.

The_Boss

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield FC
You must be very naive.
So this is how it goes...Arnold is made available so his agent does what all agents do. They ask their clients (Arnold in this case) who they would like to play for and call that club/s, they also call all the clubs that they believe are paying the big money, Eastleigh and maybe FGR and others in this case, to gauge if their would be any interest in the player from them. These clubs then either say no thanks or express an interest. The agent will then play the clubs off each other to get the best possible deal for his player. So the agent will have told Eastleigh that Lincoln were offering him XXX per week and as he would need to move south, he would need 25-50% more than than Lincoln have offered to make it worth his while. At the same time, the agent will go to Lincoln and will say, ok cards on the table, Arnold wants to stay local, but Eastleigh have offered him XXX (the agent will have inflated the true figure by at least 50%, or will have even made up a figure because at that Stage Eastleigh haven't actually offered anything at all) forcing Lincoln to up what they would really like to play for the player.
In the meantime Eastleigh Sign Mandron and step away from the Arnold deal, but the Agent doesnt let Lincoln know that, and pushes them hard for a deal at Lincoln. Lincoln then up their wages for the player to match "Eastleighs bid" and the agent agrees the deal with Lincoln.

So the players is very happy because he gets to stay local & in truth gets to sign for his first choice club, Eastleigh are ok with it, as they are now signing Mandron and Lincoln are over the moon because they think they have now signed a player that they got infront of big spending Eastleigh.....the agent is rubbing his hands together as he has made a tidy sum for himself and has also proven himself to be invaluable to his client.
In this deal, every one is happy, but Lincoln have been conned by the players agent.
Player very happy
Agent very happy
Eastleigh happy enough as they got their no.1 target and didnt need to pay over the odds for a striker who would have been 3rd choice (behind Beano & Mandron)
Lincoln Happy (but duped to paying more than they really needed to)

The moral of the story is, don't believe everything you hear about clubs "offers" for players. They are generally either made up by Agents/players or the press to get other clubs to pay more. If you believe everything you will have read, we have made offer for at least 50 players. Which of course, is completely untrue. But if agents tell other clubs that Eastleigh are in for a player they are hawking around, their wages/fees instantly go up because these clubs are just being played & Eastleigh are being used as the name to get deals over the line.
What I find most astounding is that only you have ever known this happens and not any football club chairman/chief exec for the past 50 years. Who'd have thought an agents job was to get the best deal for his player. Ground breaking stuff.

Also I'm pretty sure the player won't be telling the agent who he wants to play for, otherwise I may as well get myself one and task him with a move to Real Madrid. I think you'll find the agent will have to find the clubs that are interested first.

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
Think Eastleigh fan needs to pipe down and stop embarrassing himself. I have a close friend who is a football agent, and EF is correct to an extend, they do play other clubs 'best and final offers' against one another but do not make up lies in order to facilitate more money.

The terms of their engagement letter with the client and the AFA code of practice forbids that kind of behavior.

Fair comment, although not all agents play to the letter of the law. There are good and bad agents, as there are good and bad people in every walk of life and in every business on the planet. You see it at the top level of football every day. i.e. Man Utd are in for about 30 players, which of course they are not, but agents will throw the big clubs names in the conversation when talking to other clubs, to try and make these clubs close the deal. We do it in our day jobs. if you are selling a car, you will tell a prospective buyer that you have already have an offer for X, but of course you haven't. The punter takes the bait and buys the car on the spot, he goes away happy and you are happy you have sold a car. Its how the world works. Some punters fall for it, some dont. Nothing wrong it it, its business.

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
What I find most astounding is that only you have ever known this happens and not any football club chairman/chief exec for the past 50 years. Who'd have thought an agents job was to get the best deal for his player. Ground breaking stuff.

Also I'm pretty sure the player won't be telling the agent who he wants to play for, otherwise I may as well get myself one and task him with a move to Real Madrid. I think you'll find the agent will have to find the clubs that are interested first.

Im not saying im the only one who knows this happens, im saying a lot of people here seem very naive in believing it doesnt happen at all.

Sorry mate the player choice of club doesnt work how you say.
An available player will give his agent of a guide of which clubs he would like to play for & he will be realistic in his choices.
So Arnold will have said to his agent, look Grimsby are letting me go, i need a new club, can you see if Lincoln, XXFC & XXXFC are interested as i want to stay local. if not, see what you can get me, but i'd really like to sign for Lincoln

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Exhibit B.

So how do you all know the wages we are paying?
Amazing really how you all know what we pay each player.

And of course, you had all tried to sign the players we have but missed out on all these players because we gazumped your pathetic bids with our millions.
Get a life & dont be a sheep who jumps of the Eastleigh bankroll BS.
Yes we pay well, but no, we are not top payers and some players (Duffy for example) and getting better deals elsewhere, or so he thought anyway.
Arnold is getting more at Lincoln than we offered him. But of course, you all know different

If you're going to make stuff up, it helps not to get caught in such a web that you contradict yourself.

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
No contradiction there pal.
I said you dont know our players wages. I only know what Arnold got, because we were asked to improve on the numbers to make it worth his while moving south to sign for us. In truth, the figure that we were informed Lincoln had offered at that time, could also have been a figment of his agents imagination, but given he did end up signing for you, i believe there to be an element of truth in the wages on offer at Lincoln.
So if you are going to try and show my posts up, try picking on a sentence that you know to be incorrect and then back that up with a story explaining why i'm wrong and why you are right.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Gateshead fans what do you think you of Michael Onovwigun? He is on trial here currently but he played last night for us and I wasn't impressed.

heedarmy

Reaction score
Supports
Gateshead
Gateshead fans what do you think you of Michael Onovwigun? He is on trial here currently but he played last night for us and I wasn't impressed.
Think he played about 3 games for us and in one of them was subbed after 25 minutes which says all you need to know really

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
I am made aware of certain of deals & often that includes the details of the deal. I won't go into why.

Strangely enough its very easy to get hold of information on deals.

Well this is just getting more laughable every time I check back. So you're telling everyone they know nothing about anything, but then say it's easy to find out all the info. And you won't say how/why you know all this - which could justify some of the stuff you've been spouting.

Don't assume others know nothing - it's patronising. Like another poster above, I am in a position to know a little more about my club than others. I do know what deal was put to Andy Cook, who his agent is, why he ended up at Tranmere etc. And the main reason was that he thought he could achieve more elsewhere, rather than waste away a season tripling his wages at Eastleigh.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
No contradiction there pal.
I said you dont know our players wages. I only know what Arnold got, because we were asked to improve on the numbers to make it worth his while moving south to sign for us. In truth, the figure that we were informed Lincoln had offered at that time, could also have been a figment of his agents imagination, but given he did end up signing for you, i believe there to be an element of truth in the wages on offer at Lincoln.
So if you are going to try and show my posts up, try picking on a sentence that you know to be incorrect and then back that up with a story explaining why i'm wrong and why you are right.

Exhibit C:

Strangely enough its very easy to get hold of information on deals. It's amazing what football agents are willing to tell you (i dont get my info from agents), i'm just saying that you can, if you ask the right questions to the right agents. Most want to brag about the good deals they have done for their clients. There are also many ex-footballing people who are made aware of transfers/deals, as they are often asked for advice on players and what they should be paid as a value for money scenario. Having good contacts in the game, is what its all about.

I've not picked up anything to be shown as incorrect, I'm showing it up because you contradict yourself. You've asked us how we possibly know, then told us it's easy to find out. In which case, what makes it less likely for others to get info, just like you like everyone to know you do?

What do you think Arnold's on then? Before you post, though, and to save you further embarrassment, our top earner last season was around £600/week. So, if you're going to come out with a figure that's north of, or close to, £1k then don't even bother.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
I heard from a good sauce that Arnold is on £100k a week at Lincoln.

And before anyone asks, it was Worcester sauce I don't reveal my sauces.

Seriously though, wouldn't have thought he'd be Lincoln's highest earner, especially given he was prepared to go part time to stay in the area.

Last edited:

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
Yeh i guess you'll believe it was 2k a week with us, or take the £500 on offer at Lincoln, and you believe he chose Lincoln with those offers on the table? Laughable mate.

As for me stating you lot havent a clue, i was referring to the folk on here who clearly have no idea how football deals work, irrelevant of their value. I then stated, its actually quite easy to find out what some deal have been, if you use your loaf & ask the right people. But i dont think everyone on here have much of a loaf to utilise, so you just go on what you are fed as info by other loafless people.
Those who have stated they get to know a bit more about what goes on at their clubs, i totally get that, and there are quite a few at our club who get told certain things. No issues with that & with that considered, you should be in a better position to put your fellow fans right on the crap they believe in & come out with.
Yes agree how the Cook deal went down. But he always wanted to stay very north, so again, not sure we would ever have tempted him..But you certainly wont be paying him peanuts.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Yeh i guess you'll believe it was 2k a week with us, or take the £500 on offer at Lincoln, and you believe he chose Lincoln with those offers on the table? Laughable mate.

Were you going to contribute towards relocation costs on top of his salary/signing on fee as well? We did that with Andy Mangan and Anthony Barry a few years back, not a good idea as it turned out.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
popcorn-blank.gif

HeedofBeers

Reaction score
Supports
Gateshead
Yeah I got the impression he's not that good tbh.
He was dreadful. We took a few on loan when Aspin thought we couldn't make the play off's as a trial.
He liked to give the ball to the centre backs and never asked for the ball

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
You must be very naive.
So this is how it goes...Arnold is made available so his agent does what all agents do. They ask their clients (Arnold in this case) who they would like to play for and call that club/s, they also call all the clubs that they believe are paying the big money, Eastleigh and maybe FGR and others in this case, to gauge if their would be any interest in the player from them. These clubs then either say no thanks or express an interest. The agent will then play the clubs off each other to get the best possible deal for his player. So the agent will have told Eastleigh that Lincoln were offering him XXX per week and as he would need to move south, he would need 25-50% more than than Lincoln have offered to make it worth his while. At the same time, the agent will go to Lincoln and will say, ok cards on the table, Arnold wants to stay local, but Eastleigh have offered him XXX (the agent will have inflated the true figure by at least 50%, or will have even made up a figure because at that Stage Eastleigh haven't actually offered anything at all) forcing Lincoln to up what they would really like to play for the player.
In the meantime Eastleigh Sign Mandron and step away from the Arnold deal, but the Agent doesnt let Lincoln know that, and pushes them hard for a deal at Lincoln. Lincoln then up their wages for the player to match "Eastleighs bid" and the agent agrees the deal with Lincoln.

So the players is very happy because he gets to stay local & in truth gets to sign for his first choice club, Eastleigh are ok with it, as they are now signing Mandron and Lincoln are over the moon because they think they have now signed a player that they got infront of big spending Eastleigh.....the agent is rubbing his hands together as he has made a tidy sum for himself and has also proven himself to be invaluable to his client.
In this deal, every one is happy, but Lincoln have been conned by the players agent.
Player very happy
Agent very happy
Eastleigh happy enough as they got their no.1 target and didnt need to pay over the odds for a striker who would have been 3rd choice (behind Beano & Mandron)
Lincoln Happy (but duped to paying more than they really needed to)

The moral of the story is, don't believe everything you hear about clubs "offers" for players. They are generally either made up by Agents/players or the press to get other clubs to pay more. If you believe everything you will have read, we have made offer for at least 50 players. Which of course, is completely untrue. But if agents tell other clubs that Eastleigh are in for a player they are hawking around, their wages/fees instantly go up because these clubs are just being played & Eastleigh are being used as the name to get deals over the line.
That hurt my head reading that. Have you ever heard of a paragraph? Your space bar is there for a reason, use it.

None of what I have been told has been made public, so all your agent talk is moot. The sports reporter at the Telegraph knows Arnold well and has remained in touch with him since he left Grimsby. He was offered a contract by Eastleigh where the salary was bigger than the one we're paying him. It's as simple as that.

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
I really can't be arsed with all this "he said, she said" nonsense, but why has it been stated that it was a case of Mandron or Arnold.. Isn't one a striker and the other a winger? They don't play the same position. Unless Toddo saw Arnold as a striker..

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Signing due for us in the next hour or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV