Tues 7th & Sat 11th Nov Fixtures

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Really good game at Fratton Park, even if our winning run there is over, matched with an immense atmosphere too.

Thought Portsmouth were pretty impressive, exposing our defensive fragilities on the left side but both CBs and our keeper were solid. Kept our wingers silent which not many teams manage to do. We did well to stay in the game and I’m gutted we didn’t nick it at the death when we got through but Dobson took a heavy touch.

Whilst our keeper had a blinder (minus giving away a pen), the Portsmouth keeper had a shocker, made even more enjoyable by his antics throughout the second half.

Whilst Portsmouth were the better team we didn’t look miles off it. A couple of good signing in Jan and I’m very optimistically hoping we can push towards 6th

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Will Norris lol

Cups his ears to our fans when going 2-1 up

Rolling around in agony when Alfie May brushed past him to waste time.

Letting in a goal in the 93rd min that my nan would would have kept out.

Fucking brilliant.

Lucky to nick a point really but thought we should have had a blatant penalty for hand ball at the time and have since seen a few clips and it’s a hand ball every day of the week.

Last edited:

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Under Liam Manning that probably would have been a comfortable win with a clean sheet where the opposition were made to look ordinary.

It could and probably should have been 5-1 on 50 minutes having missed an open goal and hitting the bar. Somehow it ended 3-2 in a bit of a kamikaze performance. It lacked discipline, any sort of composure, game management and any sort of structure. It was far from a typical performance from Oxford United this season, but a win is a win.

The game suited Ruben Rodrigues and nobody else!

After this week, I'll take a win however. Hopefully we get the new manager in quite quickly especially with the hints from Jerome Sale on Radio Oxford about Des Buckingham.

Last edited:

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
By the way, Portsmouth Vs Charlton
best fixture in league one, by a mile.

The crowds, the atmosphere, every single time.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Fucking hell

Is there anyone here who did enjoy their result today?

Yes but I've only seen the brief highlights after having Sky on in the background when it was actually on. :bg:

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Fucking hell

Is there anyone here who did enjoy their result today?
Enjoyed the result but not the performance (not said that since the Coughlan days). Both teams were pretty poor and you should have had a clear penalty.
Ref shite as always, flashes the yellows in the first 10 minutes then fails to do the same for similar challenges after. Seemed to love the attention.
Couple of players that caught the eye were (mainly) Gibson, and Plange looked tricky and put some dangerous balls in from the left.
We never seem to do well up there. First time ive been back since 1998 when you did us 3-1 and Nick Wright and our old nemesis Ian Stevens turned us over. Good job you didnt have a Stevens today although I think our defence were pretty resolute bar Crama who was awful and deservedly sent off.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Enjoyed the result but not the performance (not said that since the Coughlan days). Both teams were pretty poor and you should have had a clear penalty.
Ref shite as always, flashes the yellows in the first 10 minutes then fails to do the same for similar challenges after. Seemed to love the attention.
Couple of players that caught the eye were (mainly) Gibson, and Plange looked tricky and put some dangerous balls in from the left.
We never seem to do well up there. First time ive been back since 1998 when you did us 3-1 and Nick Wright and our old nemesis Ian Stevens turned us over. Good job you didnt have a Stevens today although I think our defence were pretty resolute bar Crama who was awful and deservedly sent off.

I'm sure a young Jamie Cureton scored a spectacular goal for you that day.

Yes Ian Stevens, he was a proper striker who just got goals and that's all a striker had to do back then.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
If you think we’re going to be splashing the cash you’re going to be disappointed.

The budget will be slightly improved as part of the “step change” but that doesn’t mean we’re going to be flinging money around like confetti.

These new owners are business people, they are wealthy but aren’t like Wrexham level loaded. They aren’t going to want to piss away all their investment in the first window that’s for sure.

Of course we'll be throwing money around they will want to make a statement that way and to keep us in L1.

I can see us finally breaking our transfer record by a couple hundred thousand.
Signing the type of quality players with pedigree that we've only ever dreamed of signing in our whole history because we never had a pot to piss in.

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
That’s as bad as it gets, just an awful performance and against that lot it hurts, to many negatives to post something rational so will leave it there.

Onto Northampton which I can’t wait for!!!!!

KTF.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Even after we got a player sent off and it was 10 a piece, your keeper went down with an 'injury'. All your team went to bench to discuss tactics whilst waiting for the game to restart. Assuming he must have told the team to play like they are a man down.
The thing is, that first half was as bad a Lincoln team as I've seen for many a year....you were asking to be beat. I didn't think you were much better second half but us booting it straight to you so that you can helpfully build a new attack was mind boggling.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
The thing is, that first half was as bad a Lincoln team as I've seen for many a year....you were asking to be beat. I didn't think you were much better second half but us booting it straight to you so that you can helpfully build a new attack was mind boggling.
Agreed. We were well off the pace, no energy, frustrating. 2nd half we got on the ball more but seemingly running out of ideas. I guess bringing on Loft to try and win a few headers to keep the ball was the idea, but did he have a touch?

Just pleased we didn't lose, and hopefully a new coach appointed this week.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Of course we'll be throwing money around they will want to make a statement that way and to keep us in L1.

I can see us finally breaking our transfer record by a couple hundred thousand.
Signing the type of quality players with pedigree that we've only ever dreamed of signing in our whole history because we never had a pot to piss in.
As I said, you’re going to be disappointed.

There will be an increased budget, but we won’t be spending quarter to half a million on a transfer fee etc and paying an absolute fortune in wages. It Will be a more measured approach.

I fully expect we’ll get some better quality in (that won’t be difficult to be fair), but you’re in for a shock if you genuinely believe they’ll be throwing a fortune at it in the first transfer window.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
So that’s Carlisle, Exeter, Reading and Cheltenham down by the looks of it. I’m happy with that let’s call it there.

Play like we did yesterday for the rest of the season and we give ourselves a real chance. We were outstanding after a slow first 15 mins. The quality may not quite be there, but the work rate was. We turned it into a fight and Wigan didn't know how to cope.

The only downside was that we couldn't find a winner.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Same old, same old from us against the better sides. We’re a good team without enough quality in either box. Great chance at the Mid-Table Cup.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We’ve got to grow up to put it bluntly; the anger in the post match interviews possibly or hopefully means the penny has finally dropped, we’ve sleep walked into a completely avoidable relegation battle.

Why stop playing our own game? We are as good as anyone in the division with the ball on the deck, the first goal is great play for example so why start lumping it? Especially when Loft can’t control a scale electrix let alone a long ball. Why bring Loft on in the first place? Josh Thomas scores midweek our only fit striker who’s actually scored a goal this season, 10 v 10 with them desperate and plenty of space surely go with his raw pace to hit them on the counter.

It just seems to be immature game management and decisions, possibly with an inexperienced manager and a very young team out with the injuries.

Arblaster shouldn’t make that challenge on a booking, that’s cost us for a start as he’s our stellar player and main ball player. He’s stupid there and cost us, especially in Lincoln still go down to 10 as then they are chasing shadows for the remainder of the game. Needs to learn there as he’s played on the edge a couple of times now. Hopefully his ban is served Tuesday so we don’t actually miss him at all.

Cass, ridiculous going for that ball, stay in his position we win 1-0, he’s so inconsistent at this level, great last week, cost us 2 points there, if Lowe and Smith play it’s a win, bonkers we’ve got 7 centre halves and 5 are out.

And why oh why does Crosby go so negative when we don’t have fit centre halves? Battered Mansfield and then he sits in and makes in nervy, done it again yesterday, just keep playing our game and try and kill the game.

We’ve got to get more clinical as well, should be 3 or 4-0 up at half time yet again and get punished. Even if we just take one of the chances Uche and Devine had it’s probably game over but we never get that 2nd goal, have we had a 2 goal lead all season? I don’t recall one off the top of my head.

Crosby is 5 minutes away from really having the pressure taken off him, good spell in the cups since Cheltenham debacle and then a win yesterday and it’s all rosey again, now he’s under massive pressure. 2 weeks aside from the cup replay to get things right, get some players back from injury, especially defensively and needs a big result next league game, hopefully have Lowe, Jones and Yak back and possibly Wilson so not the end of the world but we’ve got to start winning games.

It’s boring hearing how good we are between the boxes and when we play football but if you don’t win that’s pointless.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Dino out.
Today. Now. Clear your desk. I’m done with you.
Yesterday was fucking awful. Stupid substitutions, at the wrong times. Should have lost 5-0. Worst we have been since Bristol rovers under JFH.
So for gods sake Ben, sack him. I’m not going again till he’s gone. Many won’t either.
We won a few games - it got a bit better but now we have reverted to type. It papered over the cracks.
You wonder why the gates are dropping. Well there is the answer. Anti football.
Teams used to hate coming to the Pirelli. Always seen as a tough place. I remember Sunderland celebrating winning like they had won the league as they knew how hard it can be. Yet now, it’s open season. We are awful. The atmosphere is resignation in the ground.
Yet we have the players for a top half finish. That’s the best bit.. Powell is quality to name one.
So sack him now. Get in a young hungry non league manager and let’s salvage the season before it fizzles out.
Lose our next two and your hand will be forced.

Tallow

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Poor game at Carlisle.
Plange gets a lot of stick, but I thought he had a decent game yesterday, worked hard and had a couple of efforts that tested the keeper.
We're having no luck with injuries, Huntington out again.
All this talk of incoming signings in January, but we need to keep hold of Gibson, by far our most creative player.
Unlike the shithouse on here who always flies the white flag, I'm not predicting relegation in November.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Will Norris lol

Cups his ears to our fans when going 2-1 up

Rolling around in agony when Alfie May brushed past him to waste time.

Letting in a goal in the 93rd min that my nan would would have kept out.

Fucking brilliant.

Lucky to nick a point really but thought we should have had a blatant penalty for hand ball at the time and have since seen a few clips and it’s a hand ball every day of the week.
Yes Norris defo didn't do himself any favours yesterday. How he let your second equaliser in I'll never know.

I thought it was a great advert for div 1. You got to admit we should have been a couple of goals up when u equalised at the end though.

Worrying for us is we've lost Poole for the rest of the season. So many injuries I hope it don't derail our season.

I reckon Charlton will creep into the play-offs.

I was in the South stand next to charlton fans. Great following but you don't always win at FP :)

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
If you think we’re going to be splashing the cash you’re going to be disappointed.

The budget will be slightly improved as part of the “step change” but that doesn’t mean we’re going to be flinging money around like confetti.

These new owners are business people, they are wealthy but aren’t like Wrexham level loaded. They aren’t going to want to piss away all their investment in the first window that’s for sure.
Tell you what -- You could let us have that Gibson fella.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
We’ve got to grow up to put it bluntly; the anger in the post match interviews possibly or hopefully means the penny has finally dropped, we’ve sleep walked into a completely avoidable relegation battle.

Why stop playing our own game? We are as good as anyone in the division with the ball on the deck, the first goal is great play for example so why start lumping it? Especially when Loft can’t control a scale electrix let alone a long ball. Why bring Loft on in the first place? Josh Thomas scores midweek our only fit striker who’s actually scored a goal this season, 10 v 10 with them desperate and plenty of space surely go with his raw pace to hit them on the counter.

It just seems to be immature game management and decisions, possibly with an inexperienced manager and a very young team out with the injuries.

Arblaster shouldn’t make that challenge on a booking, that’s cost us for a start as he’s our stellar player and main ball player. He’s stupid there and cost us, especially in Lincoln still go down to 10 as then they are chasing shadows for the remainder of the game. Needs to learn there as he’s played on the edge a couple of times now. Hopefully his ban is served Tuesday so we don’t actually miss him at all.

Cass, ridiculous going for that ball, stay in his position we win 1-0, he’s so inconsistent at this level, great last week, cost us 2 points there, if Lowe and Smith play it’s a win, bonkers we’ve got 7 centre halves and 5 are out.

And why oh why does Crosby go so negative when we don’t have fit centre halves? Battered Mansfield and then he sits in and makes in nervy, done it again yesterday, just keep playing our game and try and kill the game.

We’ve got to get more clinical as well, should be 3 or 4-0 up at half time yet again and get punished. Even if we just take one of the chances Uche and Devine had it’s probably game over but we never get that 2nd goal, have we had a 2 goal lead all season? I don’t recall one off the top of my head.

Crosby is 5 minutes away from really having the pressure taken off him, good spell in the cups since Cheltenham debacle and then a win yesterday and it’s all rosey again, now he’s under massive pressure. 2 weeks aside from the cup replay to get things right, get some players back from injury, especially defensively and needs a big result next league game, hopefully have Lowe, Jones and Yak back and possibly Wilson so not the end of the world but we’ve got to start winning games.

It’s boring hearing how good we are between the boxes and when we play football but if you don’t win that’s pointless.
Too much info there mate

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Yes Norris defo didn't do himself any favours yesterday. How he let your second equaliser in I'll never know.

I thought it was a great advert for div 1. You got to admit we should have been a couple of goals up when u equalised at the end though.

Worrying for us is we've lost Poole for the rest of the season. So many injuries I hope it don't derail our season.

I reckon Charlton will creep into the play-offs.

I was in the South stand next to charlton fans. Great following but you don't always win at FP :)
Yep we were definitely lucky to only be a goal behind but our keeper did have a blinder. He’s a really good shot stopper but is prone to the odd moment of madness as per giving away the pen.

Playoffs aren’t out the question but we will need to tighten our defence, again yesterday giving away too many chances. With Alfie May and Blackett Taylor we are always going to get goals but so many games this season we’re left trying to outscore the opposition after defensive mistakes. However, I’m worried in Jan we might lose a few of our better players!

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Yep we were definitely lucky to only be a goal behind but our keeper did have a blinder. He’s a really good shot stopper but is prone to the odd moment of madness as per giving away the pen.

Playoffs aren’t out the question but we will need to tighten our defence, again yesterday giving away too many chances. With Alfie May and Blackett Taylor we are always going to get goals but so many games this season we’re left trying to outscore the opposition after defensive mistakes. However, I’m worried in Jan we might lose a few of our better players!
We've had Norris pull off some late late saves this season. Bazunu was the same when he was on loan here. When we started hitting the post I knew it was going to be one of those days. We've all been to games where we've pumelled the opposition goals and not scored 3 or 4 and ended up a draw or a loss. Would have been a devistating if Morrell hadn't got across and slid the ball from Dobson near the end. If we want to go up automatically we need to be abit calmer in the last 10-15 minutes of games. Its definately been our downfall. Reading away, well in control until the last 15, Norris pulls off 2 saves, and Reading's keeper volleys wide from 10 yards out. Hopefully once we get Pack back we can at least have abit more steal and composure on the bench to bring on

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
We've had Norris pull off some late late saves this season. Bazunu was the same when he was on loan here. When we started hitting the post I knew it was going to be one of those days. We've all been to games where we've pumelled the opposition goals and not scored 3 or 4 and ended up a draw or a loss. Would have been a devistating if Morrell hadn't got across and slid the ball from Dobson near the end. If we want to go up automatically we need to be abit calmer in the last 10-15 minutes of games. Its definately been our downfall. Reading away, well in control until the last 15, Norris pulls off 2 saves, and Reading's keeper volleys wide from 10 yards out. Hopefully once we get Pack back we can at least have abit more steal and composure on the bench to bring on
Yeah, I do think you were pretty good and were definitely a better side than us.

From what I've seen so far it'll be tight between you, Bolton and Oxford (dependent on manager). Should be an exciting season though.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
As I said, you’re going to be disappointed.

There will be an increased budget, but we won’t be spending quarter to half a million on a transfer fee etc and paying an absolute fortune in wages. It Will be a more measured approach.

I fully expect we’ll get some better quality in (that won’t be difficult to be fair), but you’re in for a shock if you genuinely believe they’ll be throwing a fortune at it in the first transfer window.

You're probably right.

To be honest I now think we'll struggle to get any quality players in January because I doubt that our new ownership will have time to sort enough of the infrastructure of the club out by then to attract better players, we'll have to wait until the summer for that which will be too late.

So staying up is going to be a very difficult challenge and I hope the players give it their all, but if we do go down then so be it, at least we have a better future for the club now to look forward to as it can finally be modernised and push on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!