2017/18 National League North

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Cracking hard fought point........but a massive what if near end as Curzon miss an open goal

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley FC/ Blackburn Rovers
Great performance, a lot better. Haughton is a good player, plays it on the deck. Hope we can play more of that.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Told you we needed a playmaker in midfield, what a difference that lad made, always in space and looking to create opportunities for the forward players. Suddenly the two lads up front looked revitalised, they were getting service, two excellent goals for Josh Wilson. Cracking all round performance. York fans not happy at all, their Manager took some stick at the end of the game.
Great performance, a lot better. Haughton is a good player, plays it on the deck. Hope we can play more of that.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Would say York manager has 45 mins to save his job.
Their fans certainly let him have it at the end of the game, well outplayed by a good Chorley performance on the day. Be interesting to see if he is still in a job on Monday.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Nuneaton 2-2 Alfreton

Strange game today littered with mistakes by both sides. Could have been any number. Not a great advert for the league or the art of defending.

We gifted Nuneaton a 1-0 lead after 5 minutes due to abysmal defending. We were back level quickly after Chris harp latched on to a long ball from Tom Platt and slotted past the keeper. The rest of the half was very poor with chances wasted bar a couple of good saves from Chris Elliott.

We started the second half well. Tom Allan unfortunate as he headed in to the ground from a corner - the ground being so hard that the ball bounced over the bar. A few minutes later we were ahead though as a Nuneaton defended hesitated and Westcarr stole the ball before being brought down by the keeper. Penalty. Red card under the old rules for sure!

Both sides continued to waste chances and surrender possession before we conceded from a corner again as Brad Gasgoigne headed past Elliott. After more poor play and baffling substitutes we were indebted to Chris Elliott for a point after he denied Chambers in the 89th minute.

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Southport 2-0 Darlington

Darlington should have been out of sight at half time, but poor finishing and our reserve keeper putting in a man of the match performance kept things level. Second half we battered them. I can't comment on our first goal (was still in the bar), but the second one was a classic case of cat-flap hands. James Caton turned up with bleach blonde hair and nothing else, the inconsistent show pony is still the same player he was a year ago.

The one main difference I have noticed in this league compared to the National League is the lack of ruthlessness down here. Last season a bang average NL side would (and often were) have been 3-0 up in 30 minutes. In NLN we can be a bit slack and still be in the game. I can see why sides get promoted from this league and struggle now, the gap between the two is huge. I was worried about ho we would do a month ago, I now think we are in no danger, although I doubt we have the squad depth to push on with a promotion challenge through winter.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Well it was an excellent and unexpected point, but it was a strange performance really, we didn't drastically improve and last season we played much much better against strong sides like Flyde and Halifax, but i just was not convinced Salford will win this league, they are missing something....cannot say what it is, but they don't impress me very much.

we went with our 3 at the back and we certainly went for the 0-0, the only main differences werre we finally put Leonard back up front for first time since Stockport after ridiculous spells shoving him in midfield, and we did attempt finally to pass the ball and ditch the long-ball stuff. First half was a drab game with Salford owning large chunks of possession, but next to nothing happening. They constantly tried the exact same moves time and again, trying to get balls out wide to runners getting behind the defence, but never got any real shots on target in the entire first half from this gameplan........we fared little better as our attack sort've went from having 2 forwards miles from anyone else and just hoping we could get something on the break or slow build a way forward.......game looked all certs a 0-0 then a good ball opened their defence (think they just took foot off pedal a moment) and sent Leonard through on goal for 1-0.....total out of blue goal really.

It spiked some life into us, you could tell that big gain in self confidence which died from 3 previous thumpings and we took control rest of first half. Second half began with us on top and could have got a second before they made 2 early subs to turn game around. Half then became all them pushing us further and further back and putting us under a lot of pressure and goal was coming when it finally did........was sure that would see us lose the game as it came with 30 minutes left and them well on top, but as soon as goal went in their attacks dried up and game went back to a non-event until the last 10 minutes when Salford pushed forward again.

we had much desperate defending to hold out, but had a couple of glorious chances on the break with them leaving massive gaps and should have won the game with 5 minutes left when we missed an open goal, would have been harsh on Salford but in a way their own fault as they took ages to get going and didn't impress enough to me......their manager may look at it as a big kick up backside for 2 big games coming up i suppose.

Still on the positive side its an excellent point and confidence booster.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Well I'm not sure where to begin other than another jekyll and hyde performance from the lads.
I'd have to say it's been another frustrating day with another bizarre game of two halves.

Should have well and truly been going in at halftime at least one or two goals to the good, but I'll give Southport's keeper credit where it's due with a couple of wonderful saves from Josh Gillies and Mark Beck. Everything was going great comfortable at back and then we come out for the second half and fall to pieces, by the unfortunate Burgess error, which at the time from his first half performance was just shading man of the match for me.

Overall I thought it was a strange game, we went from a comfortable first half into a disastrous second half. But I still don't think we deserved to lose 2 nil. But then again Southport could of had a few more with better finishing.

Portas was again brilliant when he came on, and also Vaulks who looked a big lad for his age slotted into the defense replacing the injured Galbraith did reasonably well.
Next stop Chorley for me, not sure what to expect with our depleted squad with further injuries now added.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
National League North Results September 2 - 2017

Att. 1,078 - AFC Telford United 2 Blyth Spartans 3
Att. 1,294 - Chorley 2 York City 0
Att. 723 - Curzon Ashton 1 Salford City 1
Att. 2,380 - FC United of Manchester 0 Leamington 2
Att. 1,081 - Harrogate Town 1 Brackley Town 1
Att. 1,463 - Kidderminster Harriers 1 Boston United 1
Att. 261 - North Ferriby United 0 Tamworth 0
Att. 632 - Nuneaton Town 2 Alfreton Town 2
Att. 1,059 - Southport 2 Darlington 0
Att. 746 - Spennymoor Town 1 Gainsborough Trinity 1
Att. 3,018 - Stockport County 0 Bradford Park Avenue 0

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I don't think we will ever score again

Now that you've brushed aside York City putting two past them. I think it could be our turn we always give silly goals away practically every game over the last few weeks, we are really struggling in defense at the moment conceding stupid goals due to lack of concentration.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Look at all them attendances!

Amazing how many in this division get 1000 plus

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Joke ref, joke formation and joke performance in the second half.

Eustace needs to learn that 433 has been found out. Teams are playing 5 at the back against us and Ironside is completely isolated. Its getting frustrating to watch as every fan can see what's wrong but nothing changes.

Also a note to the ref for the worst and most bizarre performance I've ever seen. Made the game all about him.

For example we have a throw in all of sudden he stops the game. Slowly walks 30 yards to his lino. Talks for about a minute, slowly walks back to a Boston player, talks to him for about a minute. Apparently he stepped back onto the pitch too quickly after an injury. Tells him to go back off the pitch again. Players and management from both sides start arguing with the ref for wasting time. About 3/4 minutes later we're back underway.

Take into account subs, a goal, 3 injuries, Boston's time wasting and the refs constant talking to everyone after every foul and pure pettiness for making players move back a yard for every throw in, every fan was expecting near 10 minutes added on.....we got 4. Also he blew the whistle for a foul and both teams just ignored it and carried on playing and he did nothing. Both sets of fans at one point chanting "you don't know what you're doing". Says a lot.

Onto Curzon where no doubt we'll play 433 not create a lot, maybe score from a set piece then switch off and concede, we'll then throw another striker on with 5 minutes to go not leaving enough time to do anything.

Plenty of fans calling for Eustace out already as he's showing he can't change. We've spent £75K on Bradley only throw him onto the wing where he has no influence. His best game was against Alfreton in the second half where surprise surprise he was put in the middle and had so much more of an impact.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
I would say that may play into our advantage but i think you will get us at a good time, we were knackered last 20 odd minutes saturday and think game comes too close for a part time team playing two full time teams within 3 days, just better fitness should get you a win tuesday without other aspects.

I am interested though in Harrogate Vs Salford midweek.......they looked really slow and painfully lacked creativity vs us, but that could be the old 'expect an easy win' factor. Be interested as they play an in-from top of table full time team to see just what quality Salford have....their fans are not very happy at present and keep saying performances do not match their good points total.

Kiddy for me is a wee bit of a distraction, is next week we face an enormous couple of home games to FCUM and Leamington, not just our big derby game but also two sides who like us we struggle and must win games for both......but hopefully we at least don't get thumped at Kiddy and go into them big games with some confidence back.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Look at all them attendances!

Amazing how many in this division get 1000 plus
Must easily be the best supported 6th tier of football anywhere in the world (even if Brackley bring the averages down...). The second tiers of various European leagues often only average 2-3000 supporters, so the fact that the English sixth tier generates so much support whilst England's 1st-5th tiers are also the most / amongst the best supported in the world shows how ingrained football is in the national psyche. Hopefully get more people going to non-league as Premiership wages gets ever more obscene. Non-league football is so much more 'real life'.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Joke ref, joke formation and joke performance in the second half.

Eustace needs to learn that 433 has been found out. Teams are playing 5 at the back against us and Ironside is completely isolated. Its getting frustrating to watch as every fan can see what's wrong but nothing changes.

Also a note to the ref for the worst and most bizarre performance I've ever seen. Made the game all about him.

For example we have a throw in all of sudden he stops the game. Slowly walks 30 yards to his lino. Talks for about a minute, slowly walks back to a Boston player, talks to him for about a minute. Apparently he stepped back onto the pitch too quickly after an injury. Tells him to go back off the pitch again. Players and management from both sides start arguing with the ref for wasting time. About 3/4 minutes later we're back underway.

Take into account subs, a goal, 3 injuries, Boston's time wasting and the refs constant talking to everyone after every foul and pure pettiness for making players move back a yard for every throw in, every fan was expecting near 10 minutes added on.....we got 4. Also he blew the whistle for a foul and both teams just ignored it and carried on playing and he did nothing. Both sets of fans at one point chanting "you don't know what you're doing". Says a lot.

Onto Curzon where no doubt we'll play 433 not create a lot, maybe score from a set piece then switch off and concede, we'll then throw another striker on with 5 minutes to go not leaving enough time to do anything.

Plenty of fans calling for Eustace out already as he's showing he can't change. We've spent £75K on Bradley only throw him onto the wing where he has no influence. His best game was against Alfreton in the second half where surprise surprise he was put in the middle and had so much more of an impact.
Sorry to sound harsh, but any full time club, which can also be paying £75k for a player ought to be doing a heck of a lot better in a league of part-timers with clubs who don't pay anything for players. Shame as you looked so good last year. I'd always plump for an experienced manager at this level - I'm not sure how being a decent football league pro sets you up upon retirement for being a non-league manager?

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
I would say that may play into our advantage but i think you will get us at a good time, we were knackered last 20 odd minutes saturday and think game comes too close for a part time team playing two full time teams within 3 days, just better fitness should get you a win tuesday without other aspects.

I am interested though in Harrogate Vs Salford midweek.......they looked really slow and painfully lacked creativity vs us, but that could be the old 'expect an easy win' factor. Be interested as they play an in-from top of table full time team to see just what quality Salford have....their fans are not very happy at present and keep saying performances do not match their good points total.

Kiddy for me is a wee bit of a distraction, is next week we face an enormous couple of home games to FCUM and Leamington, not just our big derby game but also two sides who like us we struggle and must win games for both......but hopefully we at least don't get thumped at Kiddy and go into them big games with some confidence back.
I reckon Salford will be top by end of Sept looking at their fixtures, and would be surprised to see them not remain there. True I haven't seen them play, but when you have those resources, and are full time etc... Some of the part-time teams' Tuesday night performances in particular can be erratic throughout the season, and injuries, suspensions etc bite more. Brackley look like they can match anyone this season, but I could have said the same last season, but we lacked that little bit of depth, attacking ruthlessness and energy, that a team like Salford will have or will acquire.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Sorry to sound harsh, but any full time club, which can also be paying £75k for a player ought to be doing a heck of a lot better in a league of part-timers with clubs who don't pay anything for players. Shame as you looked so good last year. I'd always plump for an experienced manager at this level - I'm not sure how being a decent football league pro sets you up upon retirement for being a non-league manager?

Not harsh at all. Completely true actually. Last season our 433 worked when ZFA and Gnahoua we're down our left side but we've not properly replaced them. Sonupe is a great player on the right but Bradley isn't a winger.

A system change is needed but isn't happening. And if it doesn't happen we're gonna be sat in mid table for the rest of the season.

If Eustace goes we need to do everything to get Bignot in. He's previously said he'd love to manage us so he'd be perfect.

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley FC/ Blackburn Rovers
Now that you've brushed aside York City putting two past them. I think it could be our turn we always give silly goals away practically every game over the last few weeks, we are really struggling in defense at the moment conceding stupid goals due to lack of concentration.
I'm not sure what to expect, we could either play like we did yesterday, or we could play like we did for every other game...

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Not harsh at all. Completely true actually. Last season our 433 worked when ZFA and Gnahoua we're down our left side but we've not properly replaced them. Sonupe is a great player on the right but Bradley isn't a winger.

A system change is needed but isn't happening. And if it doesn't happen we're gonna be sat in mid table for the rest of the season.

If Eustace goes we need to do everything to get Bignot in. He's previously said he'd love to manage us so he'd be perfect.
Bignot didn't do anything special at Solihull until they were suddenly loaded in their promotion year and bought up half the ex-Kiddy squad I vaguely remember. Still he has experience now, and to be fair did the job with the money he had that year (mind you even Glenn Tamplin can take a side up with enough money). It's said he was sacked at Grimsby because some players were refusing to extend their contracts whilst he was in charge, so not sure about his man-management. Then again the Wrexham fans & some players don't rate Kevin Wilkin, and if I could I'd give him a 5 year contract at Brackley... so maybe its horses for courses.

Inactive

Reaction score
Supports
nobody
Highlights between FC United of Manchester and Leamington

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Tuesday's fixtures Sept 5th.

Boston United vs North Ferriby United
Brackley Town vs Tamworth
Chorley vs Darlington
FC United of Manchester vs Blyth Spartans
Gainsborough Trinity vs Bradford Park Avenue
Harrogate Town vs Salford City
Kidderminster Harriers vs Curzon Ashton
Leamington vs Alfreton Town
Nuneaton Town vs AFC Telford United
Spennymoor Town vs York City
Stockport County vs Southport

Once again just like Saturday Harrogate Town's match looks like being the top game on Tuesday against the class of 92's Salford City that jumps of the page as the most attractive match on the night, probably closely followed by Brackley Town vs Tamworth and Spenny vs York is an interesting clash.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Gary Mills says Chorley are interested in York winger Aidan Conolly who has been put on the transfer list

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Shocked York don't need a new manager this afternoon....their start, compared to budget and sqaud is simply not good enough

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
As for us at Curzon, its Kiddy away....i will be honest and no offence to kiddy, but this game is sort've just in the way to maybe our most vital weekend of season (even this early) when we play FCUM and Leamington at home within 3 days.

Still there is hope here that pressure from Kiddy fanbase may help us. They should expect a win. If we can hold till 60 minutes an inpatient home fanbase may get on their backs.

Think our problem here will be facing two full time teams back to back within 4 days may be too much.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
As for us at Curzon, its Kiddy away....i will be honest and no offence to kiddy, but this game is sort've just in the way to maybe our most vital weekend of season (even this early) when we play FCUM and Leamington at home within 3 days.

Still there is hope here that pressure from Kiddy fanbase may help us. They should expect a win. If we can hold till 60 minutes an inpatient home fanbase may get on their backs.

Think our problem here will be facing two full time teams back to back within 4 days may be too much.

If when the teams are announced and we play 433 fans could turn. Eustace needs the balls to play 2 up top and if we don't all you need to do is put 5 at the back have a pressing front line which will force us to play a long ball to Ironside who will be isolated.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
National North FA Cup draw -

York City v Salford City
Darlington
v South Shields
Southport v Bradford PA
Harrogate Town
v Penistone Church
Spennymoor Town v Gainsbrough Trinity
Handsworth Parramore v FC United
Blyth Spartans
v Shaw Lane
Mossley or 1874 Northwich v North Ferriby
Stockport County v Curzon Ashton

Stalybridge Celtic v Chorley
Stafford Rangers v Tamworth
Boston United
v Haughmond
Deeping Rangers v Kidderminster Harriers
AFC Telford
v Barwell
Nuneaton Town v Kings Lynn
Alfreton Town v AFC Rushden and Diamonds
Soham Town Rangers or Westfields v Leamington
Kingstonian v Brackley Town

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!