2017/18 National League North

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
We've signed left wing back Ben O'Hanlon from Harrogate Town until the end of the season. Ben, 21, started his career at Wolves, and progressed through their age groups up to the Under 23 level. He also gained caps at England Under 16, Under 17 and Under 18 level. Whilst he was at Wolves, he was loaned to out to Corby and Nuneaton when Tommy Wright was their manager.

Any good Harrogate fans? How come he's left, did he not fit in Weaver's future plans for the club? Please don't tell me he's dog shit?
I read he has now mutually terminated his contract at Harrogate.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
aaah derby day....cannot wait and weather has been kind, expected heavy rain all day and possibly game off, but dry all day yesterday and not bad now today so should be fine.

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley FC/ Blackburn Rovers
We're shit. How are we in the top half. Have ferriby scored 2 goals away from home this season?

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
We’re sadly going down. Play well enough but create so little from it and prone to having too many odd mistakes.

With no money simply cannot bring in some quality to change it

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Gainsbrough 2-1 Alfreton

Ouch. First defeat against Trinity since 2010. Perfect oppurnity to pull further clear today - missed. Painful defeat.

Couldnt get but by all accounts it was not for the want of trying. Dominated the game and had a lot of possession but struggled to create chances. Gainsbrough were pretty poor but never game up and were clinical when it mattered as they scored from both their two chances.

Not like us. Seems to have been an major off day.

Not denying this is a bad defeat but being in the relegation zone on New Years Day I will take being 14th now.

A 2 week break now for us to recharge for us. We have a must win home game v Tamworth next before Salford,Harrogate and York in the space of 7 days.

Need a favour from Chorley on Tuesday Night? Any chance?!

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
At least Salford`s defeat at Brackley keeps it interesting at the top too. Bet Harrogate are regretting not beating Nuneaton even more now.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Title race is long over, Salford are average champions in making, but Harrogate can only blame themselves for constantly b*ggering up simple games on paper........salford won't slip up enough now.

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Gainsbrough 2-1 Alfreton

Ouch. First defeat against Trinity since 2010. Perfect oppurnity to pull further clear today - missed. Painful defeat.

Couldnt get but by all accounts it was not for the want of trying. Dominated the game and had a lot of possession but struggled to create chances. Gainsbrough were pretty poor but never game up and were clinical when it mattered as they scored from both their two chances.

Not like us. Seems to have been an major off day.

Not denying this is a bad defeat but being in the relegation zone on New Years Day I will take being 14th now.

A 2 week break now for us to recharge for us. We have a must win home game v Tamworth next before Salford,Harrogate and York in the space of 7 days.

Need a favour from Chorley on Tuesday Night? Any chance?!
Not with the way we're playing

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Saturday 27 January 2018 National League North Results

Att. 1,203 - Boston United 2 Blyth Spartans 1
Att. 1,010 - Brackley Town 2 Salford City 1
Att. 1,011 - Chorley 2 North Ferriby United 2
Att. 2,140 - FC United Of Manchester 2 Curzon Ashton 0
Att. 483 - Gainsborough Trinity 2 Alfreton Town 1
Att. 1,034 - Harrogate Town 2 AFC Telford United 1
Att. 1,968 - Kidderminster Harriers 3 Southport 0
Att. 845 - Leamington 2 Darlington 3
Att. 513 - Nuneaton Town 0 Bradford Park Avenue 0
Att. 832 - Spennymoor Town 1 Tamworth 0
Att. 4,407 - Stockport County 2 York City 0

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Arrived in Leamington absolutely pissing it down with rain, so the pitch was very heavy wasn't suitable for a tippy tappy football shite.
Not that we play that kind of football, first half was pretty poor we took the lead courtesy of a penalty against the run of play from Thommo, and obviously their was no way on earth we were gonna keep that lead. And we didn't, another laughable stupid penalty give away 1-1.
And with Leamington now down to 10 men with a second yellow card. They still looked the better team.

Once again we started with a clueless formation with 3 central defenders? Which simply didn't work. The midfield was non existent? That soon changed. As I say the first half I don't recall testing their strange keeper, who hated staying in his own area.

Second half we were huffing and puffing with a few chances here and their, but still Leamington looked dangerous on the counter attack, and the obvious was gonna happen a free header at the back post. Cheers! 2-1. And we were in deep shit. After this TW played his masterstroke by fetching on the 2 substitutions that turned the game around Turnbull and Caton. Oh yes believe it or not the elusive James Caton, where the fuck has he been?

Caton's best game in a Darlo shirt since he arrived at the club (unlucky not to score as well), he was a real handful for the Leamington defense and he caused havoc linking up with O'Hanlon down the left hand side. Caton's cross which led to the winner in injury time. Get in 3-2.

Ben O'Hanlon had a poor first half, but got better in the second half, he's gonna need a few matches. Thommo was on fire with his hat trick, Styche did very little other than getting decked for our penalty, Syers played well and should have scored, Turnbull was pure class when he came on.
Pears made some decent saves keeping us in the game, Trotman again was brilliant.

A lovely friendly football club, with a welcome Quakers fans sign outside the clubhouse.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Strange attendance down at Brackley Town against Salford City (1,010). That's a fantastic crowd considering their highest gate this season was way back in August against Kiddy! (690). Did Neville & Co have their usual TV cameras following them?

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
We’re sadly going down. Play well enough but create so little from it and prone to having too many odd mistakes.

With no money simply cannot bring in some quality to change it

What's gone wrong BigDaveCUFC? I remember when i travelled to Curzon back in Sept to play our game that we brought forward, and you guys easily brushed us aside with a late goal winning 1-0. We were taking the piss out our players, we were absolute garbage.

You were more or less on the verge of the play-offs after that win against us. Sept/Oct period.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
What's gone wrong BigDaveCUFC? I remember when i travelled to Curzon back in Sept to play our game that we brought forward, and you guys easily brushed us aside with a late goal winning 1-0. We were taking the piss out our players, we were absolute garbage.

You were more or less on the verge of the play-offs after that win against us. Sept/Oct period.

Nothing really, as you will see when i post the match report later on, we are not a poor side at all, it isn't bad management or, players lacking effort or playing poorly. Just simply the things us Curzon fans worried about in the summer now starting to happen.

In the summer we lost 5 of our starting 11 players.......most of them our best players. in among that group was Warburton (who is a 20 goal striker), Ryan Hall (Our most creative player last season) both of whom went to clubs paying more money in spennymoor and Stockport. On top of that Alex Brown (maybe one of the best central midfielders at conf north level) retired. We also lost our goalkeeper Hakan Burton as he moved out of manchester, granted he was at times mistake prone, but he was still very solid at this level and had played here a long while so had a good understanding to defence.

We lost Stott who had been our left back as he went back to Oldham, then through last season had also lost people like Connor Hampson and Morgan who had been solid at this level.

The biggest problem was losing our entire creative/attack aspect all in about 1 week in the summer, have zero money to bring in extra, have had to scour lower down or gone with reserve players from last year or youth to plug the gaps. then of course our best signing from this summer within 6 months goes to Southport.

We play as good as anyone we play, at times have much more possession and play much better than the other side, but once we hit their box we have very limited quality and create very little.................then miss that little that we have due to no players in the box. Then of course at the back can be prone to just that odd mistake which gets punished.

that we have 30 points is a massive achievement of the squad and manager, but our extremely small budget and desertion of our creative players in summer has finally caught up big time.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
FCUM 2-0 Curzon

A frustrating, frustrating game which in the end we fully deserved to lose. The first 35 minutes was total and utter domination from us, fcum were shocking and we had total control of the game , problem as normal for us was that total domination led to at best 2 good chances, although one of them was a one-on-one which crucially we did not put away.

game turned when we had a player sent off, my own view it was the right decision as he stupidly dived in...............but what i did not like was all through first half fcum players deliberately, constantly surrounded the referee on everything to force cards and did it again here which i think contributed, i agree with red, but they should have had 7-8 yellows for their actions.

that turned game, but in fairness rest of first half we still played better than them, but they were now starting to create, still it was 0-0 at half time and we never look troubled.

second half began the same then we made our real crucial stupid move of the day when our goalie came stupidly rushing out and dived in on their player running away from goal in the box......a clear penalty. I would NEVER, never ever ever dive in at this level. 90% of the time the finish will be poor because the quality of players is not great so no need at all to give them a clear nice shot on goal, but sadly we did and bang....1-0.. From pretty much their first real thing of the game.

after that it just opened up and frankly fcum had scores of breaks through mss gaps at the back, we still played very nicely but was as always the case of 7 men around the box trying to create a ball into the box to absolutely no one inside it..................so apart from a wonder strike from 25 yards its never going near their goal.

they had a sending off which evened game up, but scored soon after from one of them breaks and then heads dropped and game died out for us with them just trying for a 3rd. Very frustrating because at 11 vs 11 we were so much better than them and they did nothing till their goal, but crucial moments and mistakes went against us then fcum once in front did excellent to keep on top of game to finish.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Strange attendance down at Brackley Town against Salford City (1,010). That's a fantastic crowd considering their highest gate this season was way back in August against Kiddy! (690). Did Neville & Co have their usual TV cameras following them?
There was someone walking around with a camera filming the crowd and was greeted by Salford fans with "F**k the documentary", so I guess so. Lots of Salford fans, I guess all the normal home fans turned up, plus there seemed some neutrals. Crowd size was a surprise to me and the club by the look of the long line stretching out of the car park as the game began. I only got in by access to a gate made for season ticket holders. #tinpot.

Game was a good one for us - bit like the game in the Trophy we won 4-0 - not a lot in the match, Salford probably edged possession, but we took our chances better. Strength in depth shown when Salford brought on 3 attacking substitutes who all looked lively, whereas we had no-one of a similar caliber as the first 11, to bring on, and no midfielder subs at all, when the midfielders looked knackered from the heavy pitch.

If we could only take our chances as well every game, we wouldn't have so many draws - 9 pts behind Salford, despite having a better goal difference. Oh well, can't see Salford dropping enough points to make it much of a contest myself in the run in, but who knows?

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Just can't see us doing Darlo or Alfreton a favour on Tuesday, we were abysmal on Saturday and for once, CFC4Life can't blame Carver, he was suspended. Gave away 2 stupid goals with terrible defensive blunders, missed a bagful of chances, so we end up with a draw. Midfield incapable of creating anything and a non existent strike force, doesn't make great watching, but Jansen will pick the same squad again on Tuesday, no good being a young player at Chorley, never get a chance. Brewster was a disgrace, never even looked interested, I would pack him off back to Chesterfield but Jansen says David Unsworth raved about him at Everton - so much so he let him go!
We are crap, play offs, that is just a pipe dream.

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Just can't see us doing Darlo or Alfreton a favour on Tuesday, we were abysmal on Saturday and for once, CFC4Life can't blame Carver, he was suspended. Gave away 2 stupid goals with terrible defensive blunders, missed a bagful of chances, so we end up with a draw. Midfield incapable of creating anything and a non existent strike force, doesn't make great watching, but Jansen will pick the same squad again on Tuesday, no good being a young player at Chorley, never get a chance. Brewster was a disgrace, never even looked interested, I would pack him off back to Chesterfield but Jansen says David Unsworth raved about him at Everton - so much so he let him go!
We are crap, play offs, that is just a pipe dream.
No, I blame Steven Jordan for yesterday. I'll go back to carver when he returns;)

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Agree with that, CFC4Life, also uncharacteristic ally, Urwin for the first goal. God we were poor!

wilsontown

Reaction score
Supports
York City
We won't be finishing in the top 3 based on that performance, although we could well make the play-offs. While we are a terrible football team, no-one else is that much better so a top seven finish could still happen.

A bit of an odd game on Saturday, as usual we can't defend and need to score at least three goals to win games, but everyone forgot to bring their shooting boots so we ultimately got the absolutely nothing we deserved. 2-0 down a half time but we were creating chances so you didn't think we were totally out of it. We came flying out at them in the 2nd half, had loads of chances but the sodding thing refused to go in the net. A terrible pitch didn't help (they don't even have the excuse of the rugby anymore), but it was the same for both sides.

Stockport looked like a decent outfit, in particular the very lively No 11 who caused problems down our right the whole match. Much better than they were at ours when they became one of I think only three sides not to score against us this season. My first time at Edgeley Park which is one of the very few down here that looks like a proper football ground. Also had a friendly chat with some County fans in the Armoury pub near the ground - I thought this lot were supposed to hate our guts? The consensus of opinion was we'll both still be down here next season...

Inactive

Reaction score
Supports
nobody
Match Highlights from Saturday's 5 goal thriller between Leamington and Darlington.

AnimoEtFide

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
We won't be finishing in the top 3 based on that performance, although we could well make the play-offs. While we are a terrible football team, no-one else is that much better so a top seven finish could still happen.

A bit of an odd game on Saturday, as usual we can't defend and need to score at least three goals to win games, but everyone forgot to bring their shooting boots so we ultimately got the absolutely nothing we deserved. 2-0 down a half time but we were creating chances so you didn't think we were totally out of it. We came flying out at them in the 2nd half, had loads of chances but the sodding thing refused to go in the net. A terrible pitch didn't help (they don't even have the excuse of the rugby anymore), but it was the same for both sides.

Stockport looked like a decent outfit, in particular the very lively No 11 who caused problems down our right the whole match. Much better than they were at ours when they became one of I think only three sides not to score against us this season. My first time at Edgeley Park which is one of the very few down here that looks like a proper football ground. Also had a friendly chat with some County fans in the Armoury pub near the ground - I thought this lot were supposed to hate our guts? The consensus of opinion was we'll both still be down here next season...

I think we got the two goals we deserved in the first half, and you didn't get the two goals you deserved in the second. I'm convinced that if you had got one goal, you would have got three, so I'm glad we managed somehow to keep it out. In the first half you relied on just lumping it up to Parkin, and got nowhere. In the second half you actually tried to play football and looked a lot better. You didn't look like play off contenders, but I'm assuming you were just on an off day.

I still don't think we have enough about us to get into the play offs. We're too frail at the back and can't soak up pressure (Saturday being the exception, or perhaps more accurately a case of us getting away with it).

I didn't know we're not supposed to like York?!

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County

Number 11 was Darren Stephenson

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Is Stephenson back in favour at Stockport now?

AnimoEtFide

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Is Stephenson back in favour at Stockport now?

Very much so. He's been excellent since Christmas. Looking more like the player we thought we'd signed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!