2017/18 National League North

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Enjoyed the Brackley 2 - 0 Braintree Trophy tie on a cold December night - what non-league football is about.
Braintree obsessed with passing the ball - looked neat but lacked penetration, and got themselves in trouble at the back a bit. I'd fancy us for a good run at winning the league were we in Conf South - but Salford blowing everyone out the water this year 'up north' without ever looking that brilliant - mark of a good team?
Impressed that Brackley are still competitive with 4 first teamers injured - never been this strong in our history.
After 2 miserable seasons surviving on the last day, this season and last is a treat - hope Kevin Wilkin signs for life!
Made me chuckle when supporters were asking the Brackley coach about new signing
Supporter - "where did he come from"; Coach - " erm, can't remember, let me think"; Supporter - "from Barcelona?"; Coach - "nearly, Western Super Mare".

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Boston have signed defender Ben Middleton on loan from Harrogate for a month. He is eligible for their trip to us on Saturday.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Having a very solid time at present Boston. some good recults and seem to be trying to improve their team.

Gonna be an interesting second half of season, I think NFU are down but after that who knows, Think Gainsborough, FCUM and ourselves have the smallest, weakest squads on paper, but we have probably the best manager in division plus our team is quite gelled so gives us a good boost on many of the othier clubs with stronger budgets, larger squads but numerous issues.

Therefore i'd gone with Gainsborough and FCUM for other positions, but FCUM have really improved with change of manager (maybe fresh approach was needed after so long) nd Gainsborough just don't give up really.....so could be anyone.

Even with the good solid recent improved signings Southport are making they are a good bet for me because they just simply cannot win and leak 2-3 goals per game.....saying that i think if they could just get a win somewhere a run may come from it.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Just letting you know, Class of '92 III is now available on Kodi. Oh, and if you're a Salford fan (ha! as if) don't watch to the end, unless you're into horror. :bdick::bdick::bdick:

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I'm looking forward to travelling to Gainsborough on Saturday to see the lads. Getting withdrawals at having not been to an away match since Nov 11th.
Definitely gonna be an interesting second half of the season; I still can't believe our manager thinks we still have a slim chance of reaching the play-offs?

I find that hard to believe we would have to string one hell of a run together from now until March to be considered for even 6th or 7th place in the play-offs.
That would have to start with our six pointer on Saturday against struggling Gainsborough? If anything to go by of last season's encounter with Gainsborough I think we could struggle; after going 3-1 down with some calamity defending and luckily grabbing a precious point with Syers last kick of the game equalizer.

We simply just can't afford to come away with nothing on Saturday. Just not an option otherwise we'll end up in the bottom three!

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Just letting you know, Class of '92 III is now available on Kodi. Oh, and if you're a Salford fan (ha! as if) don't watch to the end, unless you're into horror. :bdick::bdick::bdick:

Thanks for the heads up B2TF!! But; somehow i don't think so :£:£:£

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Feels like an eternity since my last game..probably because it is. Due to a mix of weather, work and no action not seen us play since our limp home defeat to Altrincham in the Trophy on November 25th.

Time for the manager and players to roll their sleeves up and demonstrate why they deserve to remain in this league. Because everything I have seen in the last 3 months has shown the complete opposite.

We play Boston tomorrow in a must win game and then Ferriby,Darlo,Leamington and Gaisnbrough before January is over. Massive few weeks really Make or break.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Thanks for the heads up B2TF!! But; somehow i don't think so :£:£:£
Oh don't misunderstand me buddy, I'm only interested in the hilarious ending. Most of all, Mike Phenix retrieving the ball in front of the East Stand, telling them to fuck off and strutting across to the penalty spot before sending the ball into orbit. How we laughed. :fl:

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Connor Hampson`s loan at Altrincham from Stockport has been made pernament. Alty have also signed Andy White from Southport. Two very good signings.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Oh don't misunderstand me buddy, I'm only interested in the hilarious ending. Most of all, Mike Phenix retrieving the ball in front of the East Stand, telling them to fuck off and strutting across to the penalty spot before sending the ball into orbit. How we laughed. :fl:

No worries mate, :thumbs: We had a good laugh at Mike Phenix back in August down at Salford with his shoot on sight strategy, which didn't go so well with his new diver's boots on. Poor Phenix what a bellend if looks could kill :gr:

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Connor Hampson`s loan at Altrincham from Stockport has been made pernament. Alty have also signed Andy White from Southport. Two very good signings.

Surely puts them in the driving seat for the title now, they've put together a damn good squad of players this season Alty have.
Shaw Lane have just signed our keeper Ed Wilczynski on a months loan this week, both clubs are really going for it.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Game day.........first home match in over a month. Time for once to kick Stockport backsides.

Very tough game, they usually beat us but Stockport seem vulnerable this season so gives us hope.

If we win today we shall have 31 points half way through, a superb total considering we lost 5 key players in summer and had no money to replace any fully

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
1-0 down, it should be 5-0 Stockport after only 5 mins. Need to get into this or a big thumping is coming

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
1-0 Stockport at half time. I will take that, at times Stockport have been superb and could have scored 6 goals. The positives for us are it is only 1-0, we can refresh ourselves at half time and did grow into the game as half went on.

Gonna be a tough ask, all about making sure they get no second goal and using ball well when we have it.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Mental game here. Nothing really happened we get a lucky goal after the defender misses the ball and Sonupe was through.

Then 3 moments of madness for Nuneaton. Their number 4 slides in on Ironside gets a yellow, 2 minutes later hacks Sonupe down and gets a second yellow.

A few minutes later their captain 2 foots weeks and gets his marching orders. Should be a comfortable game now but knowing Harriers it won't be.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
1-1 now from pen. We playing much better and Stockport attack has completely dried up, but pen was a fortunate break as we were creating little also.

Their failure to bang two or more goals in that first 20 mins has cost them

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Gave Salford a mauling today, 3-0 totall flattered them, should have been 6, they didn't gave a shot on target till the 80th minute. Both Redshaw and Phenix subbed, Phenix stamped off to the dressing room after grabbing his tracksuit top. Clearly we reacted well to the dismal display against Marine in Trophy last Saturday.

McGillsBeard

Reaction score
Supports
York City FC
Plumbing new depths at City! Absolutely battered on the break by Blyth. Worlds worst dive wins us a pen. Yet again a full time team is outplayed, outthought, outbattled by part time players. An absolute embarrassment. Natives are restless with Gray already. Starting to wonder if this nightmare will ever end!, double header against bottom of the table with one win all season. Surely even city can't mess this up any more?..

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Alfreton 2-3 Boston

Absolute moronic performance really

Our decision making is abysmal

For 2 of the 3 goals we didnt even play to the whistle for fuck sake. School boy stuff.

17 seconds in and poor old Alex Cover who looks like mens football is too much for him dives in the area after stopping following the ref`s missed the ball had gone out for a throw.

So.. 30 seconds in 1-0 down to a penalty. Brillant

What happens 15 minutes later. Uh yes. Allan has a brain fart?! and dives in in the area. Ref no choice? Another penalty to Boston...2-0.

Great.

Thats Half time. Boston playing football. Alfreton standing round like 11 individuals, lost with no team spirit or togetherness whatsoever.

John made a few changes at half time and brought Westcarr on. That seemed to spark some semblance of life in to us and we actually attempted to at least to try to play some football.

Boston started to panic and a tremendous cross from Keane was headed home by Mulhern on 59 minutes in our first meanful attack. Mulhern looked decent to be fair.

It was full blown panic stations then for Boston and 4 minutes later Boston keeper Willis made a total hash of a clearance and left Westcarr with a early Christmas present. 2-2!? Out of nowhere!

We had Boston on the ropes and Mulhern chased a lost cause, out muscled McGowan who did ligament damage in his ankle and ran in to the area. With Westcarr there unmarked in the middle waiting for a cross he decided to let fly from an impossible angle and blasted it in to row Z. That and Brad McGowans horrific injury. All the best to Brad in his recovery. he is a lovely lad and doesnt deserve that. We then just totally lost all our momemutum.

Boston got a foothold and then with 10 minutes to go. We switched off froma corner. Again. For the upteenth time this season. Boston struck the post and instead of playing to the whistle we decided to start blaming each other. Problem was the ball had not gone out and the boston player ran from the touchline in to the area and had all the time in the world to pick out Jordan Keane who fired in off the bar.

More of the same old shite.

We are going down. Ladies and Gntlemen.

I suggest betting on Stockport to win on Boxing Day as an investment. Have no faith whatsoever in our rabble to stand up to 2,500 howling County fans putting the pressure on the ref for every decision.#

Merry bloody Christmas everyone!

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley FC/ Blackburn Rovers
What a win today, honestly don't know how they are top! Outplayed them throughout the majority of the game. Even carver had a Stormer!

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Well i wasn't far off about being in the bottom three after (and that's only on goal difference) today's disgraceful performance against a mediocre Gainsborough side. Simply clueless on our manager's behalf? I have my doubts he's the right man to get the job done in keeping up us this season.
But i hope he proves me wrong? I wonder if he still thinks we'll reach the playoffs :conf:

After today's powder puff display it's back to the Evo-Stik for us next season? Unless he can sort out our suicidal defense out over the next couple of weeks, looking at the next four fixtures we could be second from bottom. We certainly missed Trotman today.

Thank fuck he took Galbraith off how on earth this guy gets a game is beyond me, replaced by Heaton who for me was man of the match by a country mile + unlucky not to get himself on the scoresheet as well. Haven't got a clue why Thommo started the game at right back, I think Wright is suffering from concussion or something along those lines. Caton needs a one-way ticket to Timbuktu he's fucking dreadful. Gillies is lazy as fuck!

Definitely a shambolic team selection from Wright? I couldn't understand why he took Portas off? But he looked well and truly pissed off sat on the bench. Overall a few of our players are not playing with pride or passion and are not worthy of wearing a Darlo shirt.

We had a slight brief spell in the second half after pulling a goal back with about 20 minutes left on the clock to get something out of the match. But it was difficult with 10 men after Collins needlessly got himself red-carded approaching half-time.

Next four matches Harrogate home and away double header, York and Salford at home :ffs:

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Saturday 23 December 2017 National League North Results

Att. 518 - Alfreton Town 2 Boston United 3
Att. 440 - Brackley Town 1 AFC Telford United 1
Att. 1,473 - Curzon Ashton 1 Stockport County 1
Att. 773 - Gainsborough Trinity 3 Darlington 1
Att. 1,209 - Harrogate Town 3 North Ferriby United 0
Att. 1,510 - Kidderminster Harriers 3 Nuneaton Town 0
Att. 1,780 - Salford City 0 Chorley 3
Att. 835 - Southport 0 Bradford Park Avenue 4
Att. 795 - Spennymoor Town 4 FC United Of Manchester 4
Att. 708 - Tamworth 0 Leamington 3
Att. 2,751 - York City 2 Blyth Spartans 3

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Alfreton 2-3 Boston

Absolute moronic performance really

Our decision making is abysmal

For 2 of the 3 goals we didnt even play to the whistle for fuck sake. School boy stuff.

17 seconds in and poor old Alex Cover who looks like mens football is too much for him dives in the area after stopping following the ref`s missed the ball had gone out for a throw.

So.. 30 seconds in 1-0 down to a penalty. Brillant

What happens 15 minutes later. Uh yes. Allan has a brain fart?! and dives in in the area. Ref no choice? Another penalty to Boston...2-0.

Great.

Thats Half time. Boston playing football. Alfreton standing round like 11 individuals, lost with no team spirit or togetherness whatsoever.

John made a few changes at half time and brought Westcarr on. That seemed to spark some semblance of life in to us and we actually attempted to at least to try to play some football.

Boston started to panic and a tremendous cross from Keane was headed home by Mulhern on 59 minutes in our first meanful attack. Mulhern looked decent to be fair.

It was full blown panic stations then for Boston and 4 minutes later Boston keeper Willis made a total hash of a clearance and left Westcarr with a early Christmas present. 2-2!? Out of nowhere!

We had Boston on the ropes and Mulhern chased a lost cause, out muscled McGowan who did ligament damage in his ankle and ran in to the area. With Westcarr there unmarked in the middle waiting for a cross he decided to let fly from an impossible angle and blasted it in to row Z. That and Brad McGowans horrific injury. All the best to Brad in his recovery. he is a lovely lad and doesnt deserve that. We then just totally lost all our momemutum.

Boston got a foothold and then with 10 minutes to go. We switched off froma corner. Again. For the upteenth time this season. Boston struck the post and instead of playing to the whistle we decided to start blaming each other. Problem was the ball had not gone out and the boston player ran from the touchline in to the area and had all the time in the world to pick out Jordan Keane who fired in off the bar.

More of the same old shite.

We are going down. Ladies and Gntlemen.

I suggest betting on Stockport to win on Boxing Day as an investment. Have no faith whatsoever in our rabble to stand up to 2,500 howling County fans putting the pressure on the ref for every decision.#

Merry bloody Christmas everyone!

I think Southport will struggle... means 1 out of 5 or 6 teams to join them & NF - so some hope I'd suggest?
Relegated teams from Conf seem to really struggle - Solihull & Guisley next year?

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Well i wasn't far off about being in the bottom three after (and that's only on goal difference) today's disgraceful performance against a mediocre Gainsborough side. Simply clueless on our manager's behalf? I have my doubts he's the right man to get the job done in keeping up us this season.
But i hope he proves me wrong? I wonder if he still thinks we'll reach the playoffs :conf:

After today's powder puff display it's back to the Evo-Stik for us next season? Unless he can sort out our suicidal defense out over the next couple of weeks, looking at the next four fixtures we could be second from bottom. We certainly missed Trotman today.

Thank fuck he took Galbraith off how on earth this guy gets a game is beyond me, replaced by Heaton who for me was man of the match by a country mile + unlucky not to get himself on the scoresheet as well. Haven't got a clue why Thommo started the game at right back, I think Wright is suffering from concussion or something along those lines. Caton needs a one-way ticket to Timbuktu he's fucking dreadful. Gillies is lazy as fuck!

Definitely a shambolic team selection from Wright? I couldn't understand why he took Portas off? But he looked well and truly pissed off sat on the bench. Overall a few of our players are not playing with pride or passion and are not worthy of wearing a Darlo shirt.

We had a slight brief spell in the second half after pulling a goal back with about 20 minutes left on the clock to get something out of the match. But it was difficult with 10 men after Collins needlessly got himself red-carded approaching half-time.

Next four matches Harrogate home and away double header, York and Salford at home :ffs:

To be fair Wright has previous for taking teams down... utterly baffled why he got the job. What is it about 'past players' that gets them a job? You should be one of the top 2/3 teams - its Conf North ffs... so getting a decent manager shouldn't have been hard should it? However seems Conf North is the point where phoenix / new well backed clubs get stuck e.g. Telford, FC United and Halifax & perhaps Chester yo-yos et al - coming up against real money in the likes of Salford and Fylde. Looks like Hereford have a great chance of adding another 'big' club in the league next year. It could be a Con S shift for us though... and a lot of our players are Birm based and may not like that much.

Last edited:

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
I think Southport will struggle... means 1 out of 5 or 6 teams to join them & NF - so some hope I'd suggest?
Relegated teams from Conf seem to really struggle - Solihull & Guisley next year?
I agree. But watching us at the moment I dont now were the next win is coming from. Think its 8 defeats in 10, 6 straight home defeats and I doubt we keep even one more clean sheet this season. Simple fact is - we must make a change. If Wayne feels the first half yesterday was acceptable then that may be me done. I fear the second half upturn is another false dawn.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Seems to be a good deal of hate between Flanagan and Gannon................the Programme notes yesterday by Flanagan in easier words said Stockport should be doing way better but for their awful Manager making a right royal mess of it all, I don't thin in my 30 years going i have seen programme notes from one manager so vicious towards another ...........that on top of him earlier in week saying it was worst stockport side he'd seen set up the match.

It certainly wound Stockport up, the first 25 minutes was the best i have seen from any side ever since i watched Curzon (including when Kiddy whacked us last season) they utterly dominated and should easily have grabbed 6 goals as they destroyed us......but they only got one and that dictated in the end the game, plus the fact that on 25 minutes they simply gave up and the game ended up very even until we scored a goal and suddenly Stockport went at it again and totally dominated.

We stole that point yesterday, i ain't going to lie and say anything else, we created next to nothing, never really had a fantastic chance, then out of blue got a pen (hard to say if was or not due to being other side of ground, but seemed little complaints from their players)....scored from that pen a rare attempt on goal and then dug in deep for a very unlikely point with them scoring 3 goals 'ruled offside' hitting bar, post, post clearer off line, last gasp tackles and top class saves to somehow stay in it.

First match been to at Curzon for both and seems not fun for either set of fans, their lot complaining about Curzon's complete lack of ability to host their away support with not enough toilets, turnstyles, food or drink and our fans complaining at some of their fans attitude mixing into the home ends, using ladies toilets, drunk, loud-mouth and bossy............probs why it wasn't Boxing day.

Josh Butler

Reaction score
Supports
Boston Utd
The bloke from Alfreton summed it up in a nutshell. We were on top most of th e game, threatened to blow it, but managed to grind out that 2nd away win in the league. 3 straight wins sets us up for the vital double header against similarly in form Gainsborough

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport

I have to agree. I have never seen us have a team this inept. It doesn't matter how much money we have spent on bringing players is, Kevin Davies does not seem to understand the basic principles of what works in this league: clear your lines early, put the ball in the channels, and press quickly high up the pitch. I said at the start of the season that we were well placed to do an Alty, and it's only our flukey start that has stopped us being cut adrift - we have not won a match for nearly 4 months now.

I am praying Chorley go gently with us over the next two games.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
I have to agree. I have never seen us have a team this inept. It doesn't matter how much money we have spent on bringing players is, Kevin Davies does not seem to understand the basic principles of what works in this league: clear your lines early, put the ball in the channels, and press quickly high up the pitch. I said at the start of the season that we were well placed to do an Alty, and it's only our flukey start that has stopped us being cut adrift - we have not won a match for nearly 4 months now.

I am praying Chorley go gently with us over the next two games.
Sorry Swedes, I pray we don't, we need to start firing in some goals and you may just be the start of it, looking forward to Boxing Day.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
I hope Stockport go easy on us tomorrow as there is no way I can see our rabble standing up to the home crowd tomorrow. It could be a disaster. Unfortunately I am going. :dk:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanPep
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!