2017/18 National League North

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
My only problem putting all the fixtures up is we seemt o have entered that period where stupid results happen.

but my view is I think Harrogate could nick that title looking at the fixtures, couple of horrid away games for Salford which could swing either way, problem if they win both Nuneaton and Southport they should win it, but they have been so sluggish now for months you could see them draw all them away matches, letting gate in.

Brackley have a problem, do they rest players or do they try and nick second spot....in the higher leagues it does not matter, but here it does with their superb home form and fact being second means home games in all play-off games.

Play-off picture for me when shown like that says York ain't got a hope, a shame for them in a way because they have been up there all season, but i just do not see it. Problem for me is i'd rather Blyth take that spot than Chorley.........no offence at all to Chorley but they simply do not at all deserve any chance of promotion this season and them nabbing 7th shows the failure of adding 2 more play-off spots, a side so so average to poor all season nabbing it with a late run. The issue for me wanting Chorley to miss out is really them clinching 7th is better for my club Curzon with them having to beat Tamworth, Alfreton and Leamington to get there......I think having them games will see Chorley involved.

At the bottom, pffft i ain't a clue. Looking bleak for Tamworth, but Alfreton have the worst fixtures, Leamington could be in deep trouble if they fail to beat Curzon on sat because their last 3 games are horrific......same for Curzon if they fail sat and monday......I think Gainsborough may still get out of it, but can they handle the ever growing pressure.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
After Brackley's win 4th place is officially in our hands. My problem with that is as I've stayed before and BigDave pointed out we'll probably end up playing Chorley who are a bogey side for us.

I'm really hoping Chorley somehow hop over both Spennymoor and York so we avoid them completely.

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Went to the Curzon vs Gainsborough match on Wednesday night. Not a great game with the strong wind and nervousness from both sides. Gainsborough could easily have gone in 2 up at HT after having two 1on1's but Curzon hit them just before the break with a goal from a set piece.

2nd half was a bit of a non event until Joe Guest scored the 2nd with a looping header from outside the box after the Trinity keeper had made a right hash of a clearance!

Important win for Curzon given Telfwolves' win last night. It's awfully tight down the bottom!!

Tomorrow we could do Curzon a favour as we entertain AFC Telfwolves at Edgeley Park. Tuesday's defeat to Kidderminster was disappointing but far from the end of the world, but a win at home to AFC Telfwolves is a must.

Next week is a biggie though with away trips to Chorley and Blyth!

Idsall Buck

Reaction score
Supports
Telford United
AFC Telford 3-2 Leamington
That's us all but safe, any 1 win in last 5 should see us officially OK barring major up turn in form for Tamworth & Alfresco. I reckon only 1 point will be OK, can't see Tamworth getting a win in their last 3, let alone 2.
I can enjoy our trip to Edgeley Park tomorrow in stress-free comfort.

fifaking

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Curious to find out about Tamworth after Morrell had been in charge there. A few solid seasons prior to this..
Were they right in the relegation dog fight when they sacked him?

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
After Brackley's win 4th place is officially in our hands. My problem with that is as I've stayed before and BigDave pointed out we'll probably end up playing Chorley who are a bogey side for us.

I'm really hoping Chorley somehow hop over both Spennymoor and York so we avoid them completely.
Ha ha, you won't be able to avoid us completely unless you get knocked out by someone else, we will be in the Play Off final.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Brackley away is the probably the last game we need right now. Not lost a single game all season at home and have the most quality in the division. at home
We've drawn at home this season with Leamington, Telford, Curzon and Tamworth... record isn't great vs the bottom 7 sides, if that gives you hope DSL.. We should have won vs Leamington, Telford and Curzon mind you - which would have made us legit title challengers.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Looking forward to going to see the lads tomorrow with a tough game at Broadhurst Park against FCUM.
I'd be happy with a draw from this game, their place is like a fortress with 11 wins chalked up so far.
We surely can't play as bad as last week against Boston, or can we? We definitely can't afford to come away with nothing from this match.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Spennymoor are back at The Brewery Field for tomorrow's game against North Ferriby United.
The match is subject to normal match procedures which may include a pitch inspection :ohm:

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
It’s been nice the last few days how come another posponement

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Cannot see another game played there this season.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Haha every time I think this relegation battle looks sorted in comes a twist........where has that Alfreton score come from

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
We don't look like we're going to help you guys down the bottom. We should be 3-0 down here.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Playoffs secure. We needed some lucky bounces to give us the goals. First was a cross which Croasdale flicked onto the face of Ironside and into the net. Second, came from Elton Ngwatala on his 100th appearance for the club. Weeks had a shot from distance blocked fell perfectly into the path of Elton who slotted under the keeper.

On Tamworth for most of the game, they looked like a really good team with no end product. Gave us no time on the ball and really frustrated us. If they had a finished they'd be fine this season but I think with the games that people have in hand we've basically condemned them to relegation.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Just came to comment on Alfreton, turn up for the books!
We were shite.
Weak & asleep defending for the first goal and then two big individual errors by defenders - first mistake by Ellis Myles ludicrous
Perked up in the second half, but even vs.10 men we still didn't look good.
Positives - with only 3 pts needed to secure 3rd place, and no point chasing 2nd now, then can rest players more. A couple looked shattered today. Kick up the backside to not get arrogant.
Negatives - We need our best 11 available. Chief goal scorer Aaron Williams off the boil, and without him, there are not many goals in the team. Some players look knackered and squad too small to rotate.
Well done to Alfreton - should book your place in the division for next year, and you can only beat what's in front of you. Craig Westcarr deserves to find himself a new club - getting sent off for something he said to the ref after a nothing tussle - when your club's in the position Alfreton found themselves.

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Another very good team performance and some excellent individual displays. Newby gets better game by game, he has struck up a partnership with Carver now, Walker was excellent and the defence, magnificent as they usually are. Onward now to next big game on Tuesday when we welcome Stockport Co to Victory Park. Hell of a schedule but hopefully by the end of the week the Play offs will be secure. Then it's up to the others to knock us out!

Tafkat

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Gainsborough will win on Saturday.
Our lot are a waste of space.
The club needs a clean out from top to bottom.

Hate to say I told you so but I told you we'd get beat.
Not only get beat but by 10 men for over an hour.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Brackley 1-3 Alfreton

WOW. Well What can you say. Nobody not even the mst ardent supporters saw that coming So proud of the players to a man tonight. Currently enjoying a celebtory glass of wine!
We hit the front after just 100 seconds and never looked back and in the end thoroughly deserved the victory.
The application and endeavour from everyone was excellent.
We defended like lions and were clinical on the counter with 3 shots on goal and 3 goals.
Brendon Daniels doubled the lead on the half hour after profiting from a defensive mix-up from Brackley who I think we caught on a good day as they were off colour today.

10 minutes later and we were in dreamland and I couldnt believe what I was seeing as another defensive error from Myles let Sharp in for his second and the Reds third.

Brackley improved in the second half with the introduction of Jimmy Armason and enkoy a 15-20 minute period of sustained pressure where Williams pulled one back. Brackely had around 15 corners but we defended valiantly.

Chris back in goal after recovering from his broken nose against Salford and he was something else saving crucialy from Shane Byrnes freekick at a key time.

On a sour note Craig Westcarr was sent off for dissent for the second time this season. Apparently t was the same ref again. Clearly some bad blood there. Unforguvable for a player of Craig`s experience though. Clearly his head isnt in it. Not sure he has the will. Dont think he will play for us again.

To put the result in some prospective that was Brackleys first defeat at home in 13 months (Salford March 2017)

Our record at Brackley. P 3 W 3 DO L O F 10 A 4. Never lost a competitive game against them. Can we play them every week?

CFC4LIFE

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley FC/ Blackburn Rovers
A very good performance today against a very poor Blyth team, they won't get in the playoffs, 6 lost on the bounce for them. Walker won every header today, and Newby and carver yet again got goals, as much as I dislike carver, I hope he keeps this up at a vital time. A win against stockport and I think we will definitely get in, as much as we don't deserve it, we are coming into form at the right time.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
What were you saying Big Dave about it been the time of year for crazy results?

Thursdays efforts against Spennymoor had clealry taken it out of Brackley.

After convincing myself that we looked dead and buried at half time at Curzon Thats us 99% safe with our goal difference IMO. Allowed myself to look towards next season especially with Gainsbrough and Tamworth and Gainsbrough and Telford still to play each other. Going to take a crazy set of results for us to be overhauled now I think.

Win Tuesday and Gainsbrough have given themselves a great chance to survive with us though. I worry for Leamington with their remaining games.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Brackley 1-3 Alfreton

WOW. Well What can you say. Nobody not even the mst ardent supporters saw that coming So proud of the players to a man tonight. Currently enjoying a celebtory glass of wine!
We hit the front after just 100 seconds and never looked back and in the end thoroughly deserved the victory.
The application and endeavour from everyone was excellent.
We defended like lions and were clinical on the counter with 3 shots on goal and 3 goals.
Brendon Daniels doubled the lead on the half hour after profiting from a defensive mix-up from Brackley who I think we caught on a good day as they were off colour today.

10 minutes later and we were in dreamland and I couldnt believe what I was seeing as another defensive error from Myles let Sharp in for his second and the Reds third.

Brackley improved in the second half with the introduction of Jimmy Armason and enkoy a 15-20 minute period of sustained pressure where Williams pulled one back. Brackely had around 15 corners but we defended valiantly.

Chris back in goal after recovering from his broken nose against Salford and he was something else saving crucialy from Shane Byrnes freekick at a key time.

On a sour note Craig Westcarr was sent off for dissent for the second time this season. Apparently t was the same ref again. Clearly some bad blood there. Unforguvable for a player of Craig`s experience though. Clearly his head isnt in it. Not sure he has the will. Dont think he will play for us again.

To put the result in some prospective that was Brackleys first defeat at home in 13 months (Salford March 2017)

Our record at Brackley. P 3 W 3 DO L O F 10 A 4. Never lost a competitive game against them. Can we play them every week?
Depends on how you define 'thoroughly deserved it' - terrible Brackley defending (Myles for the second, Dean for the third) - 3 Alfreton shots on our goal, 3 goals, 2 of them gift wrapped. After that just defended - pretty well, but Brackley were somewhat toothless and didn't take the chances we did make. Nevertheless you showed bottle after Brackley pulled one back and you went down to 10 men - and who really cares at this stage - it's about getting the points - so well done to Alfreton.
I think it was a combination of too many matches psychologically as well as physically for Brackley, and some awful mistakes in 'one of those games'. Just hope we can shake ourselves down and rest up a bit for the coming playoffs. Pitch is still very heavy and cutting up - no help to our style of football.
In the playoffs teams that hit good form late in the season can carry this momentum and then do very well despite having much lower point totals ... I think Brackley and Harrogate will be very wary of Kiddy, Stockport and perhaps now Chorley. Don't rate Spennymore's chances once in the playoffs - just too many games to play in too short a time.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Saturday 14 April 2018 National League North Results

Att. 992 - Boston United 1 Bradford Park Avenue 2
Att. 495 - Brackley Town 1 Alfreton Town 3
Att. 1,165 - Chorley 2 Blyth Spartans 0
Att. 2,269 - FC United Of Manchester 1 Darlington 2
Att. 1,014 - Gainsborough Trinity 1 York City 0
Att. 1,386 - Harrogate Town 2 Southport 0
Att. 1,821 - Kidderminster Harriers 2 Tamworth 0
Att. 531 - Leamington 0 Curzon Ashton 0
Att. 937 - Nuneaton Town 0 Salford City 2
Att. n/a - Spennymoor Town P-P North Ferriby United
Att. 3,546 - Stockport County 1 AFC Telford United 0

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Wow what can i say that was some performance down at the theatre of dreams, even though the scoreline doesn't reflect that. The first half was one of the best I've seen all season for creating chances, chance after chance went begging we just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net, how on earth Styche didn't score at least 3 goals in that opening 45 minutes.

With the constant flow of attacking football on display and not in any danger whatsoever from the reds, it was inevitable it was gonna happen approaching half-time with the one and only chance that came FCUM's way - 1-1. Undeservedly gone in at half-time with a share of the spoils.

The second half again was just one way traffic, once more we looked dangerous on the counter attack with Gillies and Trotman. And then an absolute glaring mistake from their keeper, a long ball forward from Thommo which didn't seem threatening from a distance, and then all of a sudden the keeper went for the ball in the air and made a right pigs ear of it, and left Styche with a thank you very much tap in. What a bizarre goal.

Gillies had a good game today, he's a better player when the sun is out. The defense was rock solid today, Heaton is a monster what a defender, everybody was outstanding today, Pears had nothing to do in the second half other than punch a curling cross out of arms way.

Gotta mention the referee today he was extremely shocking, like most this season they've all been fucking dreadful. Fantastic support from the Darlo fan's, shame some idiots were throwing stuff over at the bottom end of the turnstile/stand area at us.

The New Miners club near the ground my kind of drinking hole on an estate, was like stepping back in time.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
What were you saying Big Dave about it been the time of year for crazy results?

Thursdays efforts against Spennymoor had clealry taken it out of Brackley.

After convincing myself that we looked dead and buried at half time at Curzon Thats us 99% safe with our goal difference IMO. Allowed myself to look towards next season especially with Gainsbrough and Tamworth and Gainsbrough and Telford still to play each other. Going to take a crazy set of results for us to be overhauled now I think.

Win Tuesday and Gainsbrough have given themselves a great chance to survive with us though. I worry for Leamington with their remaining games.

Fantastic result DSL taking Brackley to the cleaners, some performance that winning 3-1 at Brackley Town. Don't deserve to go down picking up a result like that - 3 points in the bag safe as houses i would imagine. I like going to Alfreton. So do stay up.

And you've got FCUM to play at home. They were pretty poor against us today.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Hate to say I told you so but I told you we'd get beat.
Not only get beat but by 10 men for over an hour.

You were absolutely spot on about Gainsborough Trinity winning. Must have been awful for the travelling fan's that pay good money to watch a decent game of football. It's a vicious circle down at York at the moment, with injuries and off the field events.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
A very good performance today against a very poor Blyth team, they won't get in the playoffs, 6 lost on the bounce for them. Walker won every header today, and Newby and carver yet again got goals, as much as I dislike carver, I hope he keeps this up at a vital time. A win against stockport and I think we will definitely get in, as much as we don't deserve it, we are coming into form at the right time.

Looking good for all Chorley supporters looking at the league table, right on cue coming into form at the right time. We'll try and put a spanner in the works by beating Spenny on Thursday night. Well that's if their dodgy pitch gets the go-ahead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!