2024/25 Squads - KEEP/GET RID/BURN THEM AT THE STAKE, etc

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Some suggestion Rovers would be interested in Jeff King, don't know if there's any truth in it, but looks like we'll be needing a right-back and we do like recruiting past their best Scousers.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
If anyone's got a hard working striker that can score goals and a right wing back that chips in with assists going let us know it's been our main downfall this season missing too many chances and not getting enough in terms of assists from the wing backs.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Some suggestion Rovers would be interested in Jeff King, don't know if there's any truth in it, but looks like we'll be needing a right-back and we do like recruiting past their best Scousers.
Be a good move for him that if he is to be released. As you say close to home, & he’s done enough in his time with us to deserve a crack at league football

Reactions: Boz

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
That Jeff King was an absolute liability for Chesterfield a couple of seasons ago in the National League. Be surprised if they or another FL team fancied him.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
That Jeff King was an absolute liability for Chesterfield a couple of seasons ago in the National League. Be surprised if they or another FL team fancied him.
He did have that moment of madness at your place when we were 0-2 up and cruising granted (he had plenty of those before Cook came in), but in fairness he is far more mellow now.

As I said he hasn’t had a great season this year by any stretch, in and out the team all year (mostly out tbh) as Cook doesn’t trust him completely defensively IMO. But 26 goal contributions last season from full back tells you he’s got quality.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
He did have that moment of madness at your place when we were 0-2 up and cruising granted (he had plenty of those before Cook came in), but in fairness he is far more mellow now.

As I said he hasn’t had a great season this year by any stretch, in and out the team all year (mostly out tbh) as Cook doesn’t trust him completely defensively IMO. But 26 goal contributions last season from full back tells you he’s got quality.
He cost you big time that night. And then Tshimanga got his injury the weekend or two after when he'd been banging them in week after week. Before Jeff King's tackle that night you looked well in the driving seat to win the league (this was around Feb time). James Rowe then did what he did around a similar time which created upheavel for you. You were unlucky tbf looking back. You were definitley due coming up.

Everyone remembers us just pipping Wrexham come the end to the title but I always think people forget how you were the main runners for most of that season.

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
He cost you big time that night. And then Tshimanga got his injury the weekend or two after when he'd been banging them in week after week. Before Jeff King's tackle that night you looked well in the driving seat to win the league (this was around Feb time). James Rowe then did what he did around a similar time which created upheavel for you. You were unlucky tbf looking back. You were definitley due coming up.

Everyone remembers us just pipping Wrexham come the end to the title but I always think people forget how you were the main runners for most of that season.
Chesterfield were early pace setters in that year and very early on the following season, then massively tailed off when us and notts were at each others throats.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Mate if you don’t know why Tyler Smith gets a lot of stick I wouldn’t bother giving an opinion on the rest.

He quite clearly needs a strike partner. The majority of his starts have been as a sole striker. When he’s brought on from the bench, he’s played out of position.

You can’t notch 7 goals in 8 cup appearances and be considered inept.

One of the biggest issues we have next season is whether we continue to isolate Cook or bench him. Sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it. But it seems the way we want to play doesn’t complement players in that final third when Cook plays - been this way for 3.5 seasons, now.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC

We were flying that season. Weren’t the prettiest watch, but we had a system that worked under Rowe, very resolute & always seemed to find the goals we needed (mainly through Tshimanga) to get games won. By the time we played you in that 2-2 draw at Edgeley, James Rowe had already been suspended by the club and it was Danny Webb our assistant managing. As you say, the following weeks led to a crazy injury crisis including our main man Tshimanga breaking his leg, Rowe got sacked, Paul Cook came in trying to implement his style on a group of players built solely for Rowe’s style, and we went from title favourites in Jan/Feb time to literally limping into the play offs in 7th place 1 point above Dagenham!

Once again last year as Pilot_Phonic says, we were well in it up to around Christmas / January time with Notts/Wrexham last year which a lot of people forget, and then out of nowhere our form fell off a cliff and we didn’t win for about 8/9 games :lol:

All happens for a reason though I guess, and we are in a far better place in terms of both on the field & off it to be returning back to the EFL this year than we were in either of the previous 2 seasons.

JJ1990

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Yes would not mind poaching Offord and Adebisi
You won't be 'poaching' Adebisi, as he's 23 and we'll have a contract offer on the table. So you'll have to pay compensation for him. Offord annoyingly would be a good fit for you. Played most of his time at CB, but moved into CM in January and looked excellent there.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
If anyone's got a hard working striker that can score goals and a right wing back that chips in with assists going let us know it's been our main downfall this season missing too many chances and not getting enough in terms of assists from the wing backs.
We had one of those last season called Josh Gordon - got about 15 goals last season and went to league 1 - he came back on loan to some L2 team who turned him into Dale Banton*

*no idea who he is - just google searched "worse Walsall strikers"

Cloudy

Reaction score
Supports
Borrusia
Yeah, I was of the same opinion regarding Clifton until recently but have done a 180. I just don't think he's quite good enough. I'd be perfectly happy getting rid of all the midfielders bar Thompson to be honest! Not massively precious about Green, but it is quite interesting that he's probably the most unArtell player in the squad and that he's kicked on and shown a different side to his game and been also given the captain's armband in the process.
Green is a leader, although limited technically. Tharme, Rose, Thompson have similar leadership skills. Think that is important when sorting the spine of the team.
As for Clifton, he seems to be getting lots of pelters currently but think he will have plenty of offers elsewhere. A player with his energy and commitment who is always available for selection & versatile, is valued hugely by managers

Cloudy

Reaction score
Supports
Borrusia
We had one of those last season called Josh Gordon - got about 15 goals last season and went to league 1 - he came back on loan to some L2 team who turned him into Dale Banton*

Dale Banton
Lovely bloke, started at West Ham. Got to know him well over recent years. Plays too much golf these days!

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
He quite clearly needs a strike partner. The majority of his starts have been as a sole striker. When he’s brought on from the bench, he’s played out of position.

You can’t notch 7 goals in 8 cup appearances and be considered inept.

One of the biggest issues we have next season is whether we continue to isolate Cook or bench him. Sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it. But it seems the way we want to play doesn’t complement players in that final third when Cook plays - been this way for 3.5 seasons, now.
Smith gets stick because the closer to goal he gets, the worse he gets. Having a strike partner is not suddenly going to help him convert the chances he's been missing from 5 yards out.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Can't actually find a definitive list of who's in/out of contract, but of the current squad:

Goalkeepers:
Jake Turner - Signed a new deal back in the autumn, KEEP as backup
Glenn Morris - Might be time to retire, so RELEASE

Defenders
:
Max Ehmer - A regular for many years, gets a lot of stick but we do seem more solid when he's around. KEEP
Connor Masterson - League One quality defender, wouldn't be surprised if he left but I would KEEP
Shad Ogie - Physically a monster, has a load of potential but prone to a ricket. KEEP
Max Clark - Steady as they come. Unfortunate to play so little in the early stages of the season thanks to the signing of Malone. KEEP
Remeao Hutton - Only signed in January for a fee, so he's staying. KEEP
Robbie McKenzie - Probably one of our best players, but has never nailed down a position. Can play all across the defence and in midfield and for versatility alone I'd KEEP
Scott Malone - Good quality player, technical level above League Two but will be on decent wages and I don't think we need him anymore. RELEASE
Ike Orji - Youngster who hasn't pulled up any trees on loan at NLS level. Not going to get much closer to the first team next season so either RELEASE or a season loan elsewhere.

Midfielders:
Ethan Coleman - Our most consistent midfielder. KEEP
Shaun Williams - His time is up. RELEASE
Tim Dieng - Has only really started putting in the effort since the clocks changed, but has ability. KEEP for now.
Dom Jefferies - The single man with energy in the midfield, we look so static without him. Rumours suggest he's off to a higher level which I'm not sure he's actually good enough for, but I'd KEEP if possible.
Jonny Williams - The guy has talent, but 1 trophy goal all season just hasn't been good enough. Barely any assists either. Can't be a starter going forwards but I'm just on the side of KEEP
George Lapslie - Actually has had more output than Williams, but I don't rate him at all. RELEASE
Jayden Clarke - Flashes of ability, but not enough. RELEASE or season loan.
Connor Mahoney - On loan - Huddersfield contract is up, I'd have him back. Capable of some excellent finishes and on form is almost unplayable. With some reasonable assistance in the final third he could be outstanding. KEEP

'Forwards'
:
Oliver Hawkins - Offers nothing to us. RELEASE
Josh Walker - On loan from Burton, dreadful. RELEASE
Ashley Nadesan - Started like a house on fire but then looked like a competition winner from September onwards. RELEASE
Josh Andrews - Signed in January, only played a few games but looks the part for next season. KEEP
Jorge Hurtado - On loan - Not an over-exaggeration to say that if we get a full season out of him he'll be the player of the year next season. Unreal footballer, Swindon couldn't get anywhere near getting the ball off him so crocked him for the season to prevent their embarrassment. KEEP
Joe Gbode - Youngster on the fringes, which has been the case for a couple of years. Needs to progress next season but for now KEEP

If that all were to happen, our squad would look like this before additions - probably starters in bold:

Turner

Hutton / McKenzie - Masterson / Ehmer / Ogie - Clark

Coleman / Dieng / Jefferies

Mahoney / Williams

Andrews / Hurtado / Gbode​

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
Contracted for next season

Connor Ripley - KEEP but if there was an offer for him I’d let him talk to another club. Decent keeper but thinks he’s Manuel Neuer too much
Nathan Smith - GET RID been here a long time but increasingly a liability
Dan Jones - GET RID / Just fuck off. Stealing a wage from us with his injury record and he’s shit
Alex Iacovitti - KEEP Not the best but not the worst
Jesse Debrah - KEEP though he looked increasingly out of his depth. Give him first half of the season then look to move on if it’s still the same in this league
Ben Lomax - KEEP only just been given a pro contract from our academy
Jason Lowe - GET RID if we can. Legs have gone.
Mitch Clark - KEEP Hopefully he can avoid injury
Conor Grant - GET RID but suspect we are stuck with him
Funso Ojo - GET RID Is actually a decent footballer but a disgusting attitude since Crosby left
Ben Garrity - KEEP one of the few shining lights for us
Tom Sang - KEEP but only as a centre mid not a wingback
Ethan Chislett - KEEP but suspect a L1 club might bid for him
James Plant - KEEP but needs a settled position. Been screwed around by both Crosby and Moore.
Baylee Dipepa - KEEP but apparently Man Utd want him so he’d go if they bid for him.
Ryan Loft - LOL he’s just awful but we’re going to be stuck with him unless another club wants to do something really dumb.

Out of contract

James Wilson, Uche Ikpeazu, Gavin Massey and Jason Leutwiler none of them should have a contract offer.

Only one I’d offer to is Rhys Walters but he’s not as good as he seems to think he is.

Loanees

Dan Gore, Jensen Weir, Alex Mighten and Kacper Lopata none of them I’d pursue again
Are you a bit concerned that most of your squad is under contract? I'm guessing you might fancy a bit of a clear out...

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Are you a bit concerned that most of your squad is under contract? I'm guessing you might fancy a bit of a clear out...

Yep it’s undoubtedly a concern, Flitcroft has left a mess behind for Moore so don’t envy his task here. Unfortunately the easiest ones to see leave are the two I most want to keep in Chislett and Garrity. The others it may need some coercion or paying off but realistically you can’t just pay everyone off. There’s some talented kids coming through the academy but in no way do I want to see them being the cornerstone of the team either as it’s not fair on them.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
You know the drill...

Contracted for next season:

Curtis Thompson - KEEP - Absolute beast of a defensive midfielder and vital to our chances of kicking on next season. He makes winning the ball into a lower league form of art and great fun to watch. Superb signing.

So pleased he’s found his feet again, easily L1 standard and I suspect he’d still be with us if it weren’t for his injury record.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yep it’s undoubtedly a concern, Flitcroft has left a mess behind for Moore so don’t envy his task here. Unfortunately the easiest ones to see leave are the two I most want to keep in Chislett and Garrity. The others it may need some coercion or paying off but realistically you can’t just pay everyone off. There’s some talented kids coming through the academy but in no way do I want to see them being the cornerstone of the team either as it’s not fair on them.
To be fair I think some of them who have been poor in L1 would be ok in L2 but as long as we can make room for 10-12 singings (perm and loan included) then is Sang or DJ the worst back up for instance.

It all depends on the quality of the signings though of course! Also have to remember I suppose that a lot of players play out of position so need to balance the squad.

Considering Wilson has 3 goals (couple pens), Loft 1, Uche 1, Dipepa (3 goals in a few weeks) its not going to take a massive task to increase that with even an average signing up front at this level!

Just got to do all we can to keep Garrity and Chissy as those 20 goals at a higher level would be a big miss and they'd be great for midfield goal scoring if we can add a half decent finisher up front, a midfield 3 of Ojo, Chislett and Garrity should be one of the best in League Two... time will tell if any of them are here come August though.

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson

Yeah, Morris and then Bell were held back a bit here by some of the players Artell had given long term contracts to - Sambou, Griffiths, Richards and Sass-Davies were some of the players who weren't wanted here but it's been difficult to get rid of them!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
To be fair I think some of them who have been poor in L1 would be ok in L2 but as long as we can make room for 10-12 singings (perm and loan included) then is Sang or DJ the worst back up for instance.

It all depends on the quality of the signings though of course! Also have to remember I suppose that a lot of players play out of position so need to balance the squad.

Considering Wilson has 3 goals (couple pens), Loft 1, Uche 1, Dipepa (3 goals in a few weeks) its not going to take a massive task to increase that with even an average signing up front at this level!

Just got to do all we can to keep Garrity and Chissy as those 20 goals at a higher level would be a big miss and they'd be great for midfield goal scoring if we can add a half decent finisher up front, a midfield 3 of Ojo, Chislett and Garrity should be one of the best in League Two... time will tell if any of them are here come August though.

Just on your first paragraph I’d be very cautious thinking like that. If you have a losing mentality which these players do in L1 I’m just of the belief the same will translate in this league. We’ve seen countless times this year when the going has been good for us in games they look fine but the moment an opposition hits back we wilt. It’d be no different in this league and I’d really caution against thinking otherwise. It’s just very hard to shake that off.

Have to expect a mid-ranking L1 team with the goal contributions from Chislett especially will look at him and think if he can do that in a garbage team how good could be in a competent one? Garrity may be a little different as I think he’s the sort who probably values not having to move house etc.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Smith gets stick because the closer to goal he gets, the worse he gets. Having a strike partner is not suddenly going to help him convert the chances he's been missing from 5 yards out.

Players go through patches like that. There is absolutely zero evidence of him consistently doing that throughout his career, is there?

He’s just another scapegoat for fans to whinge about and anyone who might have a different opinion is considered a ‘happy clapper’.

Yawn.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Out of contract

Courtney Baker-Richardson - 50/50 on this one. Missed almost a third of our league games since signing and of the ones he's featured in, he's had a few appearances off the bench too. But he offers something different to what we currently have which is why it's a difficult decision. If promoted, I'd absolutely release as I don't think he's good enough for L1. But if we stay here I wouldn't be against keeping him. However, I expect him to leave and probably end up somewhere like Walsall or Cheltenham which is closer to home for him.

Chris Long - RELEASE. Love the lad and he's a top pro, but he's missed nearly half the games we've played in the last two years and he's on big money. The fact we're carrying too many injury prone players is a big reason as to why we've collapsed towards the end of the season. We probably won't find better, but we can't keep going on like this with Long. I wish him well wherever he goes.

Luke Offord - KEEP. If we get promoted I genuinely think he'd stay provided we made him the highest paid player at the club, which would be possible with promotion. But, given I don't think that we'll be going up, I expect him to end up at a competitive League One side like a Blackpool, Barnsley or Peterborough next season.

Rio Adebisi - KEEP for another year. Had his best season yet but there are still some flaws to his game and he's not been with it during our collapse. He may go for compensation but I think he'll sign a one year deal and be on his way next year in all honesty.

Conor Thomas - RELEASE. Easy one for me. Injury prone and I genuinely think he offers very little. He's probably National League standard now. Some claim we look a better player with him in the side but watching him at Gillingham the other week summed him up. Reluctant to tackle, reluctant to shoot when in a rare good position, reluctant to make forward passes and even his sideways passes go to the opposition half the time. He's obviously an excellent pro but I'm just not sure he has a future with us and I honestly think we can do better in the market this Summer. Goes with my best wishes if we do release, but won't be surprised to see us give him 1 year on vastly reduced pay.

Zac Williams - KEEP and will sign a new deal I'm sure of it. But his attitude is disappointing and he's not kicked on as hoped. Been unlucky with the injuries but there's been several occasions where his temperament has let him down so much he's been a walking red card in games. He needs to work on his discipline and needs to stay fit, because I don't think he's going to last very long in the game if things don't change.

Elliott Nevitt - KEEP and I'm genuinely optimistic we'll keep him. He's been excellent for us this season and his experience at Tranmere may put him off risking going to another club and it not working out. I'm not sure he's League One standard but he'd do a job for most clubs in this league. This has been the best season in his career and he's been the main man this season. I think he's worthy of a pay rise and we should tie him down for 2 more years with the option of a third. We're a club close to home and he knows he'll play week in, week out. A very durable player too so throw a wad at him and see what happens.

Charlie Kirk - RELEASE. No room for sentiment in football. I loved Charlie when he was here first time but he looks finished as a pro in the EFL. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Grimsby next season but this transfer hasn't worked out at all. He's too slow to play as a winger and we're a side badly lacking in pace. Bringing in quicker players should be our biggest priority this Summer. Signing players based on sentiment and what they did 5 years ago shouldn't be. Will end up in the National League next season if not at Grimsby.

Charlie Colkett - RELEASE. Time to retire I'm afraid. Made of breadsticks.

Billy Sass-Davies - RELEASE. Another relegation on the CV for BSD and he'll probably end up in the National League North next season. Could be worse though, Regan Griffiths played for two relegated clubs this season! Lunacy from Artell to give him a 2.5 year contract when we were leaking goals every week when he played.

Dave Richards - RELEASE. I'm not sure whether the 3 year deal he signed 2 years ago was 2 years plus an option or 3 years straight. Either way, it's the second worst contract the club has ever given to a pro and that one with Sambou and the stupid clause is the only one that tops it. Without doubt one of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen yet some of our fans still think he's good? Get rid. A proper hanger on and done nothing up in Bonnie Scotland this season.

The young lads I'm not going to say much on as I've never seen them play. I'll back whatever the club decides to do with those.

Loans

Harvey Davies - Crap keeper, will have no future in the game. Hope we never sign a Liverpool loan keeper ever again.

Josh Austerfield - An utter disappointment. Since he scored vs Notts County whenever I've watched him he barely finds a red shirt and almost always loses the ball. He looked promising at first but he's stunk the gaff out last two months.

Lewis Leigh - Different to what we have. Loves a tackle. Needs to rein it in a bit but he's young so you can allow for that. I wouldn't mind having another look at him but I think Bell will wash his hands of him in Summer.

Ed Turns - Don't get the hype. Too powder puff and weak to play CB in a back 4 in a physically demanding league. Obviously a good technical player though but not sure he truly fits our system. Would probably have looked a lot better though if Offord hadn't gone down injured vs Harrogate cos Turns did look brilliant until that happened.

Aaron Rowe - Obviously quick but where's his best position? His goal return is shocking too. Think he goes somewhere like Rochdale or Oldham next season because I can't see a future for him in the EFL. Thanks for the excellent performance at Derby away in the cup though!

Under contract

Ryan Cooney, Mickey Demetriou, Shilow Tracey, Tom Booth, Matus Holicek, Owen Lunt, Jack Powell, Joel Tabiner, Charlie Finney, Lewis Billington, Callum Agius.

Can't see us getting rid of any of these anyway but I wouldn't be opposed to offloading Cooney and I think Charlie Finney will never make it here so wouldn't be surprised to see him be loaned out next year. Hopefully Lunt can come back from injury and Agius can threaten to get into the side whilst Holicek will improve and Tabiner will hopefully stay fit. I'd be very concerned if we're going into next season with Booth as #1 though. I really don't think that'd be a wise thing to do and I would prioritise bringing in an experienced keeper in the Summer.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Moore will just sign 10 loan players so you’ll be fine

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Moore will just sign 10 loan players so you’ll be fine
Any loan player is screwed with us now as your always going to be compared to Oli Arblaster! so unless Premier League quality they are probably going to get a hard time from our fans!

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
My thoughts - but I don't see wholesale changes at all.

GKs:
Ryan Boot
- KEEP - solid back up and a good one to have in the dressing room. We get 7 subs in this league don't we so atleast he won't be sat in the stands

Defenders:
Jamie Grimes - KEEP - I have reservations about all of our defenders, but he's the captain.
Tyrone Williams - ON THE FENCE - we need 2 new CBs in my opinion, so again, cover at best
Brandon Horton - MOVE ON - In my opinion we need a better option at LB - at very best he is our back up.
Ryheem Sheckleford - KEEP - probably the only one of our back four I think could improve/develop

Full expect Cook to go out and sign 2 or 3 defenders, everyone knows we need to improve here. Some interesting names doing the rounds from Sam Clucas, Liam Cooper, Chey Dunkley, Kyle Mcfazden all of who would add experience to a backline that currently doesn't have much EFL experience.

Midfielders:
Tom Naylor - KEEP - will build the team around him again
Darren Oldaker - KEEP - squad player for me
Mike Jones - KEEP - won't play much as is now 38 and will be doing coaching badges and more of a player coach role I believe so not expecting too much

Thin on the ground here - we need a CDM to play alongside Naylor in my opinion.

Attacking Midfield / Wingers:
Armando Dobra - KEEP
Ryan Colclough - KEEP
Michael Jacobs - KEEP
James Berry - KEEP
Liam Mandeville - KEEP
Bailey Hobson - OFFLOAD / NL LOAN -
needs to play regularly, probably not at this level just yet

Probably our strongest areas, don't expect any more coming in for this position - though Mandy is our only proper Right Winger. If we keep hold of Dobra we have done well though, him and Colclough are class.

Strikers:
Will Grigg - KEEP
Joe Quigley - OFFLOAD -
I know we have offered him a new deal, but realistically he isn't going to cut it. Top top bloke though

We need a striker or two to cover for Grigg / give us a plan B. Billy Sharps name doing the rounds, not sure I like that, but he would score in this team as we create a lot.

Out of contract (11):
Jeff King (RB) - RELEASE -
all but gone I believe
Ash Palmer (CB) - Believe he has triggered a 1 year deal as part of promotion
Laurence Maguire (CB) - RELEASE
Bailey Clements (LB) - RELEASE
- also all but gone
Ollie Banks (CM / CAM) - Believe he has triggered a 1 year deal as part of promotion - but wants 2 years. Donny are sniffing around.
Connor Cook (?) - RELEASE - Not sure if Cook will release his own son, but we should
Harley Curtis (ST) - RELEASE - nowhere near up to it by all accounts - been onloan in NLN all season and hasnt pulled up any trees

Loan players (2):
Harry Tyrer (GK - Everton) - KEEP -
we have the option for another year as part of our promotion. Hoping we can agree too it. Just signed a new deal at Everton so clear they rate him
Miguel Freckleton (CB/LB - Sheff United) - DON’T RENEW

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall

He's the same as he was the first time he was here how Wild got him scoring is beyond me

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Out of contract

Courtney Baker-Richardson - 50/50 on this one. Missed almost a third of our league games since signing and of the ones he's featured in, he's had a few appearances off the bench too. But he offers something different to what we currently have which is why it's a difficult decision. If promoted, I'd absolutely release as I don't think he's good enough for L1. But if we stay here I wouldn't be against keeping him. However, I expect him to leave and probably end up somewhere like Walsall or Cheltenham which is closer to home for him.

Chris Long - RELEASE. Love the lad and he's a top pro, but he's missed nearly half the games we've played in the last two years and he's on big money. The fact we're carrying too many injury prone players is a big reason as to why we've collapsed towards the end of the season. We probably won't find better, but we can't keep going on like this with Long. I wish him well wherever he goes.

Luke Offord - KEEP. If we get promoted I genuinely think he'd stay provided we made him the highest paid player at the club, which would be possible with promotion. But, given I don't think that we'll be going up, I expect him to end up at a competitive League One side like a Blackpool, Barnsley or Peterborough next season.

Rio Adebisi - KEEP for another year. Had his best season yet but there are still some flaws to his game and he's not been with it during our collapse. He may go for compensation but I think he'll sign a one year deal and be on his way next year in all honesty.

Conor Thomas - RELEASE. Easy one for me. Injury prone and I genuinely think he offers very little. He's probably National League standard now. Some claim we look a better player with him in the side but watching him at Gillingham the other week summed him up. Reluctant to tackle, reluctant to shoot when in a rare good position, reluctant to make forward passes and even his sideways passes go to the opposition half the time. He's obviously an excellent pro but I'm just not sure he has a future with us and I honestly think we can do better in the market this Summer. Goes with my best wishes if we do release, but won't be surprised to see us give him 1 year on vastly reduced pay.

Zac Williams - KEEP and will sign a new deal I'm sure of it. But his attitude is disappointing and he's not kicked on as hoped. Been unlucky with the injuries but there's been several occasions where his temperament has let him down so much he's been a walking red card in games. He needs to work on his discipline and needs to stay fit, because I don't think he's going to last very long in the game if things don't change.

Elliott Nevitt - KEEP and I'm genuinely optimistic we'll keep him. He's been excellent for us this season and his experience at Tranmere may put him off risking going to another club and it not working out. I'm not sure he's League One standard but he'd do a job for most clubs in this league. This has been the best season in his career and he's been the main man this season. I think he's worthy of a pay rise and we should tie him down for 2 more years with the option of a third. We're a club close to home and he knows he'll play week in, week out. A very durable player too so throw a wad at him and see what happens.

Charlie Kirk - RELEASE. No room for sentiment in football. I loved Charlie when he was here first time but he looks finished as a pro in the EFL. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Grimsby next season but this transfer hasn't worked out at all. He's too slow to play as a winger and we're a side badly lacking in pace. Bringing in quicker players should be our biggest priority this Summer. Signing players based on sentiment and what they did 5 years ago shouldn't be. Will end up in the National League next season if not at Grimsby.

Charlie Colkett - RELEASE. Time to retire I'm afraid. Made of breadsticks.

Billy Sass-Davies - RELEASE. Another relegation on the CV for BSD and he'll probably end up in the National League North next season. Could be worse though, Regan Griffiths played for two relegated clubs this season! Lunacy from Artell to give him a 2.5 year contract when we were leaking goals every week when he played.

Dave Richards - RELEASE. I'm not sure whether the 3 year deal he signed 2 years ago was 2 years plus an option or 3 years straight. Either way, it's the second worst contract the club has ever given to a pro and that one with Sambou and the stupid clause is the only one that tops it. Without doubt one of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen yet some of our fans still think he's good? Get rid. A proper hanger on and done nothing up in Bonnie Scotland this season.

The young lads I'm not going to say much on as I've never seen them play. I'll back whatever the club decides to do with those.

Loans

Harvey Davies - Crap keeper, will have no future in the game. Hope we never sign a Liverpool loan keeper ever again.

Josh Austerfield - An utter disappointment. Since he scored vs Notts County whenever I've watched him he barely finds a red shirt and almost always loses the ball. He looked promising at first but he's stunk the gaff out last two months.

Lewis Leigh - Different to what we have. Loves a tackle. Needs to rein it in a bit but he's young so you can allow for that. I wouldn't mind having another look at him but I think Bell will wash his hands of him in Summer.

Ed Turns - Don't get the hype. Too powder puff and weak to play CB in a back 4 in a physically demanding league. Obviously a good technical player though but not sure he truly fits our system. Would probably have looked a lot better though if Offord hadn't gone down injured vs Harrogate cos Turns did look brilliant until that happened.

Aaron Rowe - Obviously quick but where's his best position? His goal return is shocking too. Think he goes somewhere like Rochdale or Oldham next season because I can't see a future for him in the EFL. Thanks for the excellent performance at Derby away in the cup though!

Under contract

Ryan Cooney, Mickey Demetriou, Shilow Tracey, Tom Booth, Matus Holicek, Owen Lunt, Jack Powell, Joel Tabiner, Charlie Finney, Lewis Billington, Callum Agius.

Can't see us getting rid of any of these anyway but I wouldn't be opposed to offloading Cooney and I think Charlie Finney will never make it here so wouldn't be surprised to see him be loaned out next year. Hopefully Lunt can come back from injury and Agius can threaten to get into the side whilst Holicek will improve and Tabiner will hopefully stay fit. I'd be very concerned if we're going into next season with Booth as #1 though. I really don't think that'd be a wise thing to do and I would prioritise bringing in an experienced keeper in the Summer.
Always liked CBR i wouldnt mind him here.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
while we've still got a theoretical chance of the play off's and promotion :fl: i'll wait to do ours, other than saying release Courtney Duffus and offer Procter and Worrall to Port Vale.
Proctor was good for us in league 2, I'm surprised that didn't work out. The one I'm most surprised at is Worrall. Fantastic work rate, great delivery, always gave absolutely everything for us, to the point that we would have been far better off this season if he had stayed. Probably my favourite player of the last 10/15 years. Amazing how it just doesn't work out at some clubs. I thought he was too good for league 2 to be honest.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Players go through patches like that. There is absolutely zero evidence of him consistently doing that throughout his career, is there?

He’s just another scapegoat for fans to whinge about and anyone who might have a different opinion is considered a ‘happy clapper’.

Yawn.
Patches? It's been the same all season.

Also a scapegoat? Seriously? Christ, you can't even criticise a striker for repeatedly missing from inside the six yard box without that ridiculous word being used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!