Match Day April 11th games

Forza Imps

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
Fair play Lincoln, it looks like you've done it. Well done, hopefully see you next season.

No complaints from me tonight, FGR produced an almost textbook away performance and we wasted our chances.

Our record against the top 5 is P7 W0 D2 L5, just not good enough at the end of the day. Lottery of the playoffs, oh the joys.

Still not over.

FGRJC

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Fair play Forest Green, cracking result. I know there's been a lot of talk about you boys not turning up for the 'big' games over the last couple of years so that should put that to bed.

Aldershot need a result there too fancy them to get something, Waddock's a very good manager at this level

We played ugly today even long ball and it's working!

I think Cooper has finally realised you need heart passion and everyone to put in 100% to do well in this league not a load of flair players who can pass the ball, we put our body's on the line tonight and we haven't done that all season.

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Still not over.
It's not over but I think we're just going to run out of games. If there were 10 left, I'd still be confident but with just 4, it's a mammoth task.

I fully expect us to drop further points on Friday and that will really be it. Losing yet another key player looks like one too many, game changed when Harris went off.

Dean

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Just got home, hard to take but we only have ourselves to blame. Dominated first half without finding the cutting edge to take the lead. The longer the game went on it felt like top was slipping away. We had to attack and FGR got their goal.

It hurts now but the sun will come up again tomorrow. For the first time in a long time I'm proud of my club. We've been through a lot of shit in my fifteen years or so supporting thus club. Some off the pitch a lot more on it.

Forest Green well done on your win and see you in the Play Offs.

Its not over yet, we've all been in football long enough to know things don't pan out as you expect. However if it turns out that we have gave ourselves too much to do I'd like to Congratulate Lincoln on their promotion back to the FL. Decent club, one in which i feel is very similar to Tranmere.

Impish

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
As well as Mellon's done, and he's done very well, he's made some bizarre selection decisions over the season. From an outsider looking in.

Always liked Jay Harris from his Wrexham days but hasn't been getting in your side until recently. Cook benched for parts of the season (wouldn't mind him at Lincoln next season). Jennings loaned out, Almond signed but bombed out the squads. Persisting with Norwood.

I think Tranmere and Forest Greens downfall this season has been not knowing their best team. 4 games to go and both Mellon and Cooper are still experimenting it seems, tranmere with wing backs and forest green with a front 3 at Guiseley

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
As well as Mellon's done, and he's done very well, he's made some bizarre selection decisions over the season. From an outsider looking in.

Always liked Jay Harris from his Wrexham days but hasn't been getting in your side until recently. Cook benched for parts of the season (wouldn't mind him at Lincoln next season). Jennings loaned out, Almond signed but bombed out the squads. Persisting with Norwood.

I think Tranmere and Forest Greens downfall this season has been not knowing their best team. 4 games to go and both Mellon and Cooper are still experimenting it seems, tranmere with wing backs and forest green with a front 3 at Guiseley

That is not really fair on Mellon. We are only playing 352 now because both our wingers (Tollitt and Dunn) got serious injuries in the same game, forcing us to switch from 442. We have done well to stay in touch with Lincoln for as long as we have given the disruption we have had in the last few months.

The only time Cook has been 'benched' rather than rested was tonight, and that was because Stockton scored his second hat trick in a few weeks on Saturday. Jennings was only loaned out to get fit, Norwood is a good foil for Cook despite the lack of goals, Almond was not good enough for us.

I agree to an extent about Harris, but Lois Maynard was doing equally well in that role before he got injured and Harris took his place.

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Hahaha waiting for the bitter tranmere fans... Proper smash and grab but glad to shut most of those cocky gob shite tranmere fans up not the ones on here. A thank you would be nice Lincoln...

Thank you FGR, though the game is 'still' going on isn't it?

Impish

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
We played ugly today even long ball and it's working!

I think Cooper has finally realised you need heart passion and everyone to put in 100% to do well in this league not a load of flair players who can pass the ball, we put our body's on the line tonight and we haven't done that all season.

Good to hear Cooper finally adapting his style. Just have to look at Wenger's stubbornness to realise philosophy alone isn't enough.

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

With all due respect, that's nonsense as far as we are concerned. Mellon has changed formation to suit what we have after the injuries. Almond wasn't his signing and was awful at best, and we're playing with wing backs because ALL our regular wingers are injured.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Inaccurate at best, blasphemy at worst. Take a cold shower, good luck in the play-offs.
If you're allowed to perpetuate myths, then so are we. Lincoln have had their fair share of last minute luck this season, just as much as us. Don't be a hypocrite.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Think we've lost one and maybe two players to injury tonight and Power is now banned for 3 games.
On to Friday but it does look increasingly like our title to lose.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Quite a lot of truth in Impish's assessment above, though we've been playing with wing-backs for the last half dozen games and it hasn't done us any harm generally. Think it was forced on us when our usual wide players all got injured. Losing Harris for the rest of the season is a big blow and it sounded like Wallace was an inadequate replacement. Cook should be starting nearly every game and despite their similarity, would like to see Stockton alongside.

Anyway, spilt milk and all that. Really think we've no chance in the play-offs, so MM needs to work out his best side for next season and stick with it.

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
Tranmere losing is bad news for us, that's going to fire them up for Friday especially with the TV cameras in town.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Really think we've no chance in the play-offs, so MM needs to work out his best side for next season and stick with it.

Other than Cook and Stockton exchanging places, we have been unchanged for weeks.

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Tranmere should have been three goals up at half time but Sam Russell in goal was outstanding.
2nd half FGR came back but Tranmere were still the more dangerous.
Last 1/4 hour FGR did assert themselves and scored.
Yes wild celebrations but at same time I felt utterly gutted for the Tranmere team, who are one of the best we've played this season.
Anyway not end of story.
A Tranmere idiot threw a stone at the away supporter's coach.
Not funny and has been reported to the authorities.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Just back so I see it's all been said, really battered first half and early second but they did weather it (not without plenty of let-offs) and the goal was actually from a decent bit of football. Half wondered if Cooper had some master stroke to lump it up to a front two until finally Tranmere tired then let Woolery loose. he really stepped up to the plate after a blowing a bit hot and cold.
Curtis Tilt's had some knockers on our forums but for me he's been excellent for this level. The odd cok-up obviously but great pace and some great saving work. Monthe is improving too though he picked some stupid "easy" balls when we were really under the cosh. It's Ellis has gone backwards a bit I think.

fantstone

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone United
just back from macc, obviously a bit of a shit result for us, and i'm sure anyone at the match would agree that it flattered macc a bit, though i'd have to admit they probably did deserve the points. great club to visit though, possibly one of the best this season. great fans, great stewards and great club officials. a credit to this league. looking forward to our trip there next season.

SLondonIMP

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Hope it is our year. Still could go wrong
Sorry Tranmere but we've suffered in this league longer than you and surely we should be due for parole

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Other than Cook and Stockton exchanging places, we have been unchanged for weeks.
Buxton for Sutton, Mangan also started the Torquay game. I agree that we've had a consistent formation and steady line up recently, which is one of the factors in our decent form.
However, I'm far from confident we'll progress in the play-offs, might not even get to the final. A lot of players are out of contract, particularly defenders. It seems some decisions need to be taken at an early stage regarding contracts.

localhero

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Buxton for Sutton, Mangan also started the Torquay game. I agree that we've had a consistent formation and steady line up recently, which is one of the factors in our decent form.
However, I'm far from confident we'll progress in the play-offs, might not even get to the final. A lot of players are out of contract, particularly defenders. It seems some decisions need to be taken at an early stage regarding contracts.

The positive for me is that we've been the best form side in the league since Mellon came in. It took him a while to settle on a formation and starting 11 but we seem to have been constantly improving the last four months. Give him a full pre-season, a few extra signings and fully fit squad and I've no doubt we'll be in Lincoln's position next season if we fail in the playoffs.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I agree that Rovers will be one of the favourites next season with Mellon having pre-season to adjust the squad and hopefully our injured players, in particular Ben Tollit back to full fitness.

However,unsure how long before the funds dry up, although the off-field activities are bringing in some additional income. It was never part of the Palios plan to spend 3 years in non league football. If we're down here for the long term, realistically, we're likely to go the way of many other ex league clubs with dwindling support and interest. I'm not confident of what the future holds for us.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Delighted at that still obviously but feel for Tranmere, since it can't be us they'd be my preferred champions, like Prenton Park, liked the fans in the big tent (classy chandeliers :D ) and like the way Mellon has you playing.

Reactions: RLC

localhero

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
I agree that Rovers will be one of the favourites next season with Mellon having pre-season to adjust the squad and hopefully our injured players, in particular Ben Tollit back to full fitness.

However,unsure how long before the funds dry up, although the off-field activities are bringing in some additional income. It was never part of the Palios plan to spend 3 years in non league football. If we're down here for the long term, realistically, we're likely to go the way of many other ex league clubs with dwindling support and interest. I'm not confident of what the future holds for us.

Really? I haven't been this confident about our future in a long time, regardless of which division we're playing in. There's not a chance that Mark Palios will have gambled on promotion and they'll be plans in place should we not get promoted this season or the next. With the strong end to the season, ticket sales should increase, off field revenue is constantly on the up and we have owners who actually listen to what the fans want. Playing at this level may be shit, the officiating is dreadful and almost everything about it is tinpot, but I've enjoyed this season a hell of a lot more than the consecutive relegations!

Last edited:

Mogsy

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Agree that Palios has changed the atmosphere round the club, I've enjoyed this season more than any since 04/05.

Also agree with the Lincoln fan who said that Mellon didn't know his best team - he persevered with a few players whose output was questionable (Kirby most of all) when there seemed better players who weren't even getting on the bench. Once injuries forced his hand though, he has got them playing great.

If we don't go up this year, I'm a lot more confident about another season at this level than I was at this stage last year under Brabin

GodsGift

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
One defeat and Tranmere fans are already talking about plans for next season? Steady on lads, it's still all to play for. Torquay won't be easy on Friday and Gateshead away on Monday is our toughest game left.

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
One defeat and Tranmere fans are already talking about plans for next season? Steady on lads, it's still all to play for. Torquay won't be easy on Friday and Gateshead away on Monday is our toughest game left.

Macc at home won't be easy either. We aren't playing particularly well lately, but still somehow keep managing to grind out the results.

localhero

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere

Hopefully there's still another twist to come. Although the way my nerves and heart have been the last few games I'm not sure I'll still be about to see it!

Tranmerewhite

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
The big picture for us is that we still have the best infrastructure at this level or the level above and there are significant plans behind the scenes that could turn us into a Championship club again, it just requires the small matter of regaining our league status to put into action.

I can't lay any blame at the feet of Mickey Mellon, we'd be at least 4 points better off had he been in charge all season. The switch of formation was entirely enforced by losing our best player and two other promising wingers to injury, he has done a fantastic job in building that formation to be a dominant force, getting the best out of our two full backs.

Having heard a more in depth reason behind Cook being dropped, I'm fully behind it and expect that Andy Cook will be a better player for it long term.

Southern Shayman

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax Town
From what I can see that's it done and dusted.

As missing out on a title goes, it doesn't look the most horrendous year to do it. I can't see Newport or Orient challenging so if Tranmere keep the squad together then the title's theirs.

Unless they win the playoffs of course...

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I don't think it's a case of giving up as much as it's just pragmatic honesty. We need Lincoln to drop points in 2 out of 5 games and for ourselves to win all 4. It's doable, but if we're being honest it's very unlikely.

The FGR fans have been gracious enough to give an honest reflection of the game and I think they'd accept we should have been 2 or 3 goals up at half time. However, we were not and losing Harris just killed the game plan - Wallace doesn't offer the energy levels Harris does and we noticeably went longer in the second half to accommodate the change.

Losing that game yesterday felt like a hammer blow - I'm gutted, because the lads deserve so much for what they've put into this season with a change of manager, losing half the squad to severe injury and clawing back the sizeable gap that had developed between Lincoln and ourselves in the first place.

I don't think the talk of next season is defeatist, just an evaluation of the situation and us taking stock of how much we've improved under Mellon. We live in hope that something will happen this year but Tranmere really isn't a bad place to be anymore, and that's the first time in a decade we can say that honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!