Status
Not open for further replies.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
As for the game...

Decent game but a poor quality affair.

Not sure how Crewe we’re by far the better side but there you go! And anyone unfortunate to listen to praise and grumble knows Artell is full of shit.

Boots error was dreadful and gifted Crewe the perfect start... wasn’t even a difficult take to catch that and was as bad an error as you’ll see. We lost our heads after that for a period and Crewe dominated although didn’t really create anything nor force a save in that half hour period. Boot dropped another which we got away with and hobbled off. Don’t care if he was injured or not he had to come off his head had completely gone. He’s young and will learn but it’s a position we need to sort out.

Got the penalty and well finished by Pope, Crewe’s fragility then came to the fore as we had a decent 10 minute spell nearly scoring again before they forced Hornby into his first stop with a tame shot at one on one.

Second half was more huff and puff, we probed a bit as did they but neither side created anything until Kay’s bit of magic... absolutely belter.

After that we were fairly comfortable seeing it out until Pope went off two minutes from time. Barnett just doesn’t hold it and Forrester would have been a better option and that saw us pegged back finally and a great save from a scramble after a corner and we seemed to be off the hook.

Then the issue with Vale away from home arose... how on earth in the 93rd minute have we allowed ourselves to get caught short at the back! Poor game management to be caught out there.

Then the referee blew time after a cowardly shove on Whitfield, pointless and should of been deemed dangerous play barging him after the ball goes out over the hoardings into the concrete. Caused some friction, Ben seemed very unhappy with the steward too.

Overall fair point, annoying not to get the win we should of but had you offered me four points over Easter I’d have taken them. Almost safe if not already.

Few weird calls on P&G too.

Andy Proctor

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Surprised at that stat it seems far more.
Our latest goal is maybe an 86th minute mark, we never get late winners.
As a side note which imbecile at Crewe made the decision for a 2300 sell out to instruct stewards to say ......sit where you want to ...
Absolutely idiotic decision causing stewards to get grief not of their doing.
There may have been other games aswell those are just the ones i can think of at the moment. Not a league game but we conceded in the 90th minute in the fa cup against yeovil then lost the reply with 9 men.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
What was thrown by Vale fans at the linesman? Looked like part of a seat? Both clubs could be in abit of hot water from the fa after the pitch invasions, fighting and stuff being thrown.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
What was thrown by Vale fans at the linesman? Looked like part of a seat? Both clubs could be in abit of hot water from the fa after the pitch invasions, fighting and stuff being thrown.
And rightly so. Nobody comes out of this well. We had our idiots who invaded in injury time and chucked toilet paper and another object on the first goal.

The Vale had their idiots invaded the pitch, broke seats etc. Fines all around would be fair.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
He did deactivate in all fairness for a couple of hours but seems to have calmed down/recovered from his fake injury it would appear...

His head had gone so had to be subbed and was probably advised to do it so it didnt look to bad on him. He’s been superb in recent weeks but that was a real shitter. Identical to the one the Barnet keeper did against us.

Dave-Vale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
To be fair to Boot has apologised to the Vale fans on Twitter.

I feel a bit sorry for him because he has a few games where he keeps us in it (Chesterfield and Wycombe) then he has a howler like today. He’s young and hasn’t been thrust into being first choice during an absolute car crash of a season.

He’s a very good shot stoppper but his catching, decision making and kicking can be very poor. He also needs to bulk up a bit as he’s too light weight to be a keeper at this level. I’d like us to bring in a more experienced number 1 next season who can take him under his wing and help him out because he does have potential. He also needs to hit the gym hard.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
And to think we had two absolute class keepers 2 seasons ago!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
It's more the club or specifically Michael Brown I blame for this. Last year we had that guy we picked off the street and Fasan who was beyond useless and this year he goes and signs up a known crock in Lainton and Hornby who has spent a lot of time on loan (even then we loaned some guy from Derby who was also really poor) . He shouldn't have been put in this position. The club need to bring a proper experienced keeper in during the summer. Normally I hate going back to old players but Chris Neal would work for me.

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
His head had gone so had to be subbed and was probably advised to do it so it didnt look to bad on him. He’s been superb in recent weeks but that was a real shitter. Identical to the one the Barnet keeper did against us.

Not sure feigning injury was the way to go, they should have just subbed him, yeah, he would have got loads of shite from our fans, but he got that and more with the fake injury, the lad needs to learn how to limp properly. The only thing I will say for him, his 'injury' perhaps saved the Vale. You seemed to settle down after the other keeper came on, who did well.

As for the match, part of me is disappointed we didn't win, could have been out of sight at halftime, but a bigger part of me is happy we showed fight and drive to keep going and get the equaliser. Great 2nd goal for the Vale, and a well worked 2 for us.

As for the crowd trouble, both sets of fans played their part, although that Sproston feller on radio sjoke was moaning that they were getting grief off our fans through out the game, which probably explains why I heard him say he saw our fans on the pitch but no Vale fans. Fucking prick

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It's more the club or specifically Michael Brown I blame for this. Last year we had that guy we picked off the street and Fasan who was beyond useless and this year he goes and signs up a known crock in Lainton and Hornby who has spent a lot of time on loan (even then we loaned some guy from Derby who was also really poor) . He shouldn't have been put in this position. The club need to bring a proper experienced keeper in during the summer. Normally I hate going back to old players but Chris Neal would work for me.

Your forgetting the Bulgarian chap from Forest who had one nightmare appearance against Swindon and was never seen again! We had two great keepers, released one as he wanted first team football and had that stupid clause in Alnwick.

Should of gone for Nelson in January to tide us over. I’d have Neal back in a heartbeat. Once safety is secured (assuming it is) I don’t want to see any celebrating at all... it needs to be overseen that this situation never ever happens again and that will be one of the key points that needs addressing in terms of the keeping department.

Not Aspins fault admittedly Brown made a huge mess of it. Even the Benfica number 2 was shit and buggered off.

Dave-Vale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Brown the clown takes a massive part of the blame for the keeper situation although a Aspin should have brought one in during January, maybe he tried and couldn’t.

On another note:

http://thesun.uk/6187DXoXT

I hate using The Sun as a reference but this does not look good and I reckon both clubs could be in a lot of trouble over this stupidity.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Not sure feigning injury was the way to go, they should have just subbed him, yeah, he would have got loads of shite from our fans, but he got that and more with the fake injury, the lad needs to learn how to limp properly. The only thing I will say for him, his 'injury' perhaps saved the Vale. You seemed to settle down after the other keeper came on, who did well.

As for the match, part of me is disappointed we didn't win, could have been out of sight at halftime, but a bigger part of me is happy we showed fight and drive to keep going and get the equaliser. Great 2nd goal for the Vale, and a well worked 2 for us.

As for the crowd trouble, both sets of fans played their part, although that Sproston feller on radio sjoke was moaning that they were getting grief off our fans through out the game, which probably explains why I heard him say he saw our fans on the pitch but no Vale fans. Fucking prick

Sproson actually said when you scored they got gesticulated at but it’s all part of the passion of it and no harm is done!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Brown the clown takes a massive part of the blame for the keeper situation although a Aspin should have brought one in during January, maybe he tried and couldn’t.

On another note:

I hate using The Sun as a reference but this does not look good and I reckon both clubs could be in a lot of trouble over this stupidity.

Sun article is a typical over reaction.

Most of the pitch invasions were just passionate celebrations but that one incident and the one where their lad lobbed Whitfield into the stand it seemed fairly tame. Not sure why they don’t corden off half that stand where the 12 year olds (sure they’ve never ever aged over the years I’ve been going) were sat taunting the Vale fans etc? Makes sense to keep them the other end then the trouble wouldn’t arise. We learnt that ages ago and push the away fans over towards the empty Lorne Street section.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports

On another note:

The whole lot of them are an embarassment on both sides. I suspect given our club has more "previous" we could be in the hotter water of the two clubs. I'd be surprised if weren't on a last warning with the FA so can well imagine we'll have to shut parts of the ground or a hefty fine at the very least.

darren gregory

Reaction score
Supports
port vale

Out of sight is a slight exaggeration pal. The only actual attempt on goal was the save in first half injury time. Name one other attempt that wasn't manufactured by Calamity Boot. You dominated possession and were the way better side but out of sight no chance.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Sun article is a typical over reaction.

Most of the pitch invasions were just passionate celebrations but that one incident and the one where their lad lobbed Whitfield into the stand it seemed fairly tame. Not sure why they don’t corden off half that stand where the 12 year olds (sure they’ve never ever aged over the years I’ve been going) were sat taunting the Vale fans etc? Makes sense to keep them the other end then the trouble wouldn’t arise. We learnt that ages ago and push the away fans over towards the empty Lorne Street section.
Problem is toilets, refreshments and the bar is all at the end of the stand the Vale fans are At, so it wouldn't work.

Seemed a strange way of policing things, stewards seem to just let fans run on the pitch, fight and throw flares. They didn't really intervene just watched on and let them back in the stands. Guessing it was a tactic and CCTV will used to issue bans ect, could be a few getting knocks on the door in the coming weeks.

It' mad how riled up both sets of fans get about this fixture, considering it' not a derby.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Problem is toilets, refreshments and the bar is all at the end of the stand the Vale fans are At, so it wouldn't work.

Seemed a strange way of policing things, stewards seem to just let fans run on the pitch, fight and throw flares. They didn't really intervene just watched on and let them back in the stands. Guessing it was a tactic and CCTV will used to issue bans ect, could be a few getting knocks on the door in the coming weeks.

It' mad how riled up both sets of fans get about this fixture, considering it' not a derby.

Never used to be too bad until I'd say the day where Clayton Donaldson ahem won that penalty against us a few years back. Prior to that I don't really recall anything of note between the two clubs. I think if things keep on like that then I wouldn't be surprised if they do what Staffs plod used to do with the Potteries Derby and force it to be an early kickoff on a Sunday each time.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Never used to be too bad until I'd say the day where Clayton Donaldson ahem won that penalty against us a few years back. Prior to that I don't really recall anything of note between the two clubs. I think if things keep on like that then I wouldn't be surprised if they do what Staffs plod used to do with the Potteries Derby and force it to be an early kickoff on a Sunday each time.
I said this today before the game, I'm surrised this fixture hasn't gone that way already, been alot of trouble over the last 10 years or so, and if anything it gets worst.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

What used to happen when the Shrewsbury rivalry was the big one between 2008-12ish early Saturday kick offs all the time.

darren gregory

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
No answer to the problem
It's 20 mins away and 90% of the time will always sell out.
Let's face it we are unlikely to play the Lardies for a while despite their hopeful relegation so whatever folk say this is the big game we look out for once the fixtures are out.
Don't think the sit where you like policy helped either to be fair

Dave-Vale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Crewe are just a stand in rival for us. I’m sure when we used to play Stoke regularly Crewe was never a problem and just another local game for us.

We are Crewe’s massive rival, though. They don’t have anybody else closer.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Don't think the sit where you like policy helped either to be fair
I disagree. Makes much better sense. We had allocated seating at Notts County and you ended up with some who wanted to stand infront of people who wanted to sit. Kids and old people at the back, young lads at the front.

Much better to leave it unallocated, it allows the singers, standing and troubler makers to congregate and means the rest can be taken up by those who want to sit such as the elderly or those with kids.

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
We are Crewe’s massive rival, though. They don’t have anybody else closer.

Yes and no. You are the nearest team to us at present, it's always nice to beat you or finish above you, but more angst was aimed at Wrexham, Chester & Stockport before they all decided to commit hari kari against league football, but you will do for now.

On a sensible note, Beer Dock on Nantwich Road have stated what a pleasure it was to host Alex & Vale fans who just enjoyed decent ales and talked football, well done to both sets of fans.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Seems the steward incident with Whitfield at the end is being suggested that a coin was thrown by him at Whitfield? Stupid if turns out to be the case but explains why Whitfield was so animated at the referee towards the steward.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I disagree. Makes much better sense. We had allocated seating at Notts County and you ended up with some who wanted to stand infront of people who wanted to sit. Kids and old people at the back, young lads at the front.

Much better to leave it unallocated, it allows the singers, standing and troubler makers to congregate and means the rest can be taken up by those who want to sit such as the elderly or those with kids.

Was a disaster because it was a full sell out so if someone arrives once nearly full it’s impossible to find a seat if yours is taken and that’s why fans were stood on the stairways in both ends. It wasn’t safe to do that.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Was a disaster because it was a full sell out so if someone arrives once nearly full it’s impossible to find a seat if yours is taken and that’s why fans were stood on the stairways in both ends. It wasn’t safe to do that.
Our at Notts County was a full sell out and whilst I've only done it the once, I'd much prefer it if it were unallocated seating. They should just make it clear next time that that's what the policy is. Send out the tickets blank with no row or seat number and make sure Vale fans know that's the case. Then everyone is aware.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The whole situation was poorly handled today. The police and stewarding was dreadful inside the ground. Seemed to be more of a fuss on dealing with outside the ground!

The pitch invasions should have been better defended rather than just watching... the Crewe lad who should of gone for his shove on Ben ended up having a square up with a Vale fan and during the goal celebrations some of our players were squared up to by Crewe fans.

Gangways were clogged up and not safe (pictures online show them virtually invisible)

I noticed some stewards has been drafted in from local non league sides so maybe weren’t up to handling such a game but needs looking into before next seasons visit.

The video of the Crewe and Vale fans scrapping (well more like hugging to be honest!) the police are literally just stood there doing nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanPep
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!