Bristol City thread

Ciderup

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol sport FC
It looks like the we won't renew 'protest' has done some serious damage judging by the existing SC's made available tonight. 6,181 seats available for purchase meaning not far off 50% have said 'bollocks' to Johnson, if my maths are correct? :pond:
EDIT: Someone on OTIB has just said we are 4,000 down, which is still hopefully enough to wake Lansdown up.

Last edited:
Reactions: .V.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
It looks like the we won't renew 'protest' has done some serious damage judging by the existing SC's made available tonight. 6,181 seats available for purchase meaning not far off 50% have said 'bollocks' to Johnson, if my maths are correct? :pond:
EDIT: Someone on OTIB has just said we are 4,000 down, which is still hopefully enough to wake Lansdown up.

You should do an incentive like we are doing for next season; if you sell a certain amount of ST's before a certain date, then the club offer partial refunds to anyone who has bought a ST.

Ciderup

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol sport FC
You should do an incentive like we are doing for next season; if you sell a certain amount of ST's before a certain date, then the club offer partial refunds to anyone who has bought a ST.
All our club need to do is grow a pair and sack the useless twat of a head coach Mark.
Great idea by Wolves though.

markwwfc1992

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves / Detroit Lions
All our club need to do is grow a pair and sack the useless twat of a head coach Mark.
Great idea by Wolves though.

Aye it helps, our renewal rates were terrible under Kenny Jackett because it was the same boring crap over and over. As soon as you get a half decent manager that the fans can get behind the sales will fly up.

We've sold more ST's already for next season by 3rd April than we did for the whole of this season with Jackett/Zenga.

hodge

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Where's Rebel Wilson when you need her, she's needed at Ashton Gate to start singing.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
CU -- Lansdown is the Problem in my opinion. LJ is just a yes man pawn who Lansdown loves to be surrounded by.He is a c**t of the highest order. You cannot tell me that the only reason he signed the snake was not to help you lot but to hinder us -- What sort of person does that ?? I'll tell you one with an EGO as big as Mount Everest. A truly obnoxious barsteward.

Ciderup

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol sport FC
CU -- Lansdown is the Problem in my opinion. LJ is just a yes man pawn who Lansdown loves to be surrounded by.He is a c**t of the highest order. You cannot tell me that the only reason he signed the snake was not to help you lot but to hinder us -- What sort of person does that ?? I'll tell you one with an EGO as big as Mount Everest. A truly obnoxious barsteward.
I don't know about that George. Do you honestly think Lansdown looks for ways to trip up rovers? I can't see that TBH although his record with appointments is awful.
Bear in mind he supposedly has a football COO to run City for him. Along with Johnson, I'm more inclined to look there for who's to blame.

Last edited:

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
City are really, really testing my will to not get my hopes up right now.

I still don't think you'll go down, on the merit of there being teams that are just slightly worse than you. You've also got the possibility that Lansdown pulls his head out of his arse and sacks him and the players (who I believe are probably better than their position suggests) respond.

Asides from Santa's Grotto, i'm starting to believe Lansdown has the footballing know how as a certain Nicholas Higgs. If he leaves this any longer (potentially hour by hour) he's risking City fan's turning against him as much as they've turned against Johnson.

What an odious little shit Johnson is (apart from the exceptional work he's doing) though, listened to his interview post game and couldn't have heaped any more blame on the players. They, they, they and then really quietly, "we" need to be tougher. It's a different thing to blame every week, no wonder they are so devoid of confidence.

Genuine question, would City fans rather go down and sack him or stay up and keep him next year?

Ciderup

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol sport FC
City are really, really testing my will to not get my hopes up right now.

I still don't think you'll go down, on the merit of there being teams that are just slightly worse than you. You've also got the possibility that Lansdown pulls his head out of his arse and sacks him and the players (who I believe are probably better than their position suggests) respond.

Asides from Santa's Grotto, i'm starting to believe Lansdown has the footballing know how as a certain Nicholas Higgs. If he leaves this any longer (potentially hour by hour) he's risking City fan's turning against him as much as they've turned against Johnson.

What an odious little shit Johnson is (apart from the exceptional work he's doing) though, listened to his interview post game and couldn't have heaped any more blame on the players. They, they, they and then really quietly, "we" need to be tougher. It's a different thing to blame every week, no wonder they are so devoid of confidence.

Genuine question, would City fans rather go down and sack him or stay up and keep him next year?
You have more faith than the vast majority of our support Miagsy. If the idiot stays, I think we're in agreement that we are down. Start your party, after all you've had to wait 17 years for it!
To answer your question, I would rather go down and get rid of the fuckwit than stay up and he survive. He's a poison in our club. I really don't want to go down though but given your options, I would take it, I would hope he doesn't last the day though and we stay up.
Does DC fancy a pay rise? ;)

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I still think you'll just about stay up. Whenever you seem to struggle in the Championship, there always seem to be 3 teams who are somehow even worse than you lot. Think it will be Forest who take the final relegation place to be honest.

After we were relegated to non-league I thought that was when you really would have saw it as the time to kick on and really push for the Premiership/top Championship team. It's mad that there's a chance we'll be in the same league next season.

Relegation/Darrell Clarke are the best things that happened to this football club. Maybe going down and facing your local "rag ass" rivals will be the kick up the ass you need.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Think it will be Forest who take the final relegation place to be honest.

Forest are a much better team from what i've seen.

Blackburn were decent against us as well at their place, can see them being strong at home in their run in.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Bristol City drop, unbelievable how reluctant their chairman is to sack Johnson, awful, awful manager.

Ciderup

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol sport FC
Forest are a much better team from what i've seen.

Blackburn were decent against us as well at their place, can see them being strong at home in their run in.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Bristol City drop, unbelievable how reluctant their chairman is to sack Johnson, awful, awful manager.
Unfortunately for us, I agree with every word!

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You have more faith than the vast majority of our support Miagsy. If the idiot stays, I think we're in agreement that we are down. Start your party, after all you've had to wait 17 years for it!
To answer your question, I would rather go down and get rid of the fuckwit than stay up and he survive. He's a poison in our club. I really don't want to go down though but given your options, I would take it, I would hope he doesn't last the day though and we stay up.
Does DC fancy a pay rise? ;)

The man your fans christened Dopey? I wonder what nickname that earns Little Lee.

Honestly, I'm not one of the fans who automatically say "He wouldn't go there, he's too loyal", eventually he will go somewhere, but whilst I wasn't entirely shocked that Taylor moved, I'd be very surprised that DC would go to you. He turned down Leeds (understandable and clever move, Monk's worked out brilliantly but was out of a job, there was less risk there) for being probably in his mind a very tricky job, I don't really see City as much different. He's also a manager who likes to run the show and even if LJ went, there's no assurances Ashton would be binned off either. Added with the fact next year he's likely to have a good run of championship offers, I just don't think City will be THAT attractive for a manager in employment.

Honestly, I know better than to celebrate before you are down. A lot of Rovers fans are probably getting the bunting out as we speak but could well end up with egg on their faces. You've still got a good result in you (Huddersfield) - you'll probably stay up by GD!

Ciderup

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol sport FC
The man your fans christened Dopey? I wonder what nickname that earns Little Lee.

Honestly, I'm not one of the fans who automatically say "He wouldn't go there, he's too loyal", eventually he will go somewhere, but whilst I wasn't entirely shocked that Taylor moved, I'd be very surprised that DC would go to you. He turned down Leeds (understandable and clever move, Monk's worked out brilliantly but was out of a job, there was less risk there) for being probably in his mind a very tricky job, I don't really see City as much different. He's also a manager who likes to run the show and even if LJ went, there's no assurances Ashton would be binned off either. Added with the fact next year he's likely to have a good run of championship offers, I just don't think City will be THAT attractive for a manager in employment.

Honestly, I know better than to celebrate before you are down. A lot of Rovers fans are probably getting the bunting out as we speak but could well end up with egg on their faces. You've still got a good result in you (Huddersfield) - you'll probably stay up by GD!
My comment about DC was tongue in cheek fella. He's a good 'un though.
As for nicknames for poison, take your pick, there are loads! I'm sticking with 'bullet proof idiot' rather than calling him what I actually really think of him.
A few rumours have started on our forum about some good news heading your way in the next couple of weeks. I need to move!! :ffs:

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Relegation/Darrell Clarke are the best things that happened to this football club. Maybe going down and facing your local "rag ass" rivals will be the kick up the ass you need.

Funnily enough, I think the attitudes of both sets of fans washes over the club at times. As funny as I found City losing last night, my focus was on the Millwall, Southend and Rochdale games. I found a lot of Rovers seemed focused on City. When we went down, it gave us the kick up the ass we needed, the focus wasn't on them it was us, we had to sort our shit out and get out of the mess.

City fans, in my opinion, have showed similar attitudes. Despite his stadium success, I think Lansdown has treated them pretty badly to be honest. Some of the Bristol Sport shit, this season etc. But there has been somewhat of a "could be worse, could be the Gas" attitude with some of their fans. Both fans have been guilty of letting their clubs be ran poorly, in my opinion, at the very least underachieving.

A few rumours have started on our forum about some good news heading your way in the next couple of weeks. I need to move!! :ffs:

Got to be honest CU, i've been hearing rumors but my policy will always remain, I'll believe it when I see it. I do think we're making strides though, off the pitch. But after years of negligence we're still way behind the curve, we've a long way to go.

Ciderup

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol sport FC
Got to be honest CU, i've been hearing rumors but my policy will always remain, I'll believe it when I see it. I do think we're making strides though, off the pitch. But after years of negligence we're still way behind the curve, we've a long way to go.
The fellas that posted it on our site aren't 'look at me' merchants Miagsy and have no reason to stick their heads above the parapet. It's not exactly going to go down well ATM on our side if someone posts positive news for the gas after all.
I'm inclined to believe them as they called the S'bury's thing and the problem about the ownership of the UWE ground previously.
You lot are going to have one hell of a party methinks. :sad:

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The fellas that posted it on our site aren't 'look at me' merchants Miagsy and have no reason to stick their heads above the parapet. It's not exactly going to go down well ATM on our side if someone posts positive news for the gas after all.
I'm inclined to believe them as they called the S'bury's thing and the problem about the ownership of the UWE ground previously.
You lot are going to have one hell of a party methinks. :sad:

But as we well know, announcement's mean nothing. We've heard it all before. We'll have to wait and see I guess. Reckon there's much truth in the supposed board meeting? If they don't get rid now, they never will.

I can't imagine Lansdown running Hargreaves Lansdown this way!

Ciderup

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol sport FC
But as we well know, announcement's mean nothing. We've heard it all before. We'll have to wait and see I guess. Reckon there's much truth in the supposed board meeting? If they don't get rid now, they never will.

I can't imagine Lansdown running Hargreaves Lansdown this way!
Seems to be a lot of people talking about a board meeting but I thought they met on Wednesdays' anyway. We live in hope.
On HL, I reckon Lansdown was the financier and Peter Hargreaves the tough hard nosed businessman.
As an aside, I've had a lovely email thanking me for renewing my SC though, really nice considering I haven't renewed the poxy thing!

.V.

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Gasheads at work saying they're looking forward to playing us next season, assuming they don't go up via the playoffs FFS. I can't defend the indefensible with City these days.

ProfessorGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle
I must say I'm shocked Johnson is still in a job today. From the outside looking in at Bristol and the billionaire bloke owning and developing most of the city's major sports clubs it looks and sounds like a brilliant idea.

However, if the bloke has no idea how to make a footballing business decision to get results right on the pitch, it could be a recipe for disaster. The stadium and set up looks great and full credit to him for that, but Coventry have got that too...

Our owner (although certainly not rich) is a very astute and stable businessman, who upon taking over self confessed that he has no idea about football on the pitch and as such has acquired other board members with the relevant know how for this. Has City's owner done this and is just ignoring them? Or is he just on a blind one man mission with perhaps clouded judgement?

From an entirely selfish point of view I would like to have the 2 Bristol clubs to play against next year in what looks like a pretty grim and northern league 1. Think BCFC will scrape survival though.

Reactions: JJH

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Gasheads at work saying they're looking forward to playing us next season, assuming they don't go up via the playoffs FFS. I can't defend the indefensible with City these days.

Still too soon for that talk as i've said above. You'd think some would learn.

Seems to be a lot of people talking about a board meeting but I thought they met on Wednesdays' anyway. We live in hope.
On HL, I reckon Lansdown was the financier and Peter Hargreaves the tough hard nosed businessman.
As an aside, I've had a lovely email thanking me for renewing my SC though, really nice considering I haven't renewed the poxy thing!

I remember "winning" a ST just before relegation to the Conference. Okay, it didn't turn out too badly in the end but i'm pretty sure at the time feeling it would probably be comparable to "winning" a sexually transmitted disease.

.V.

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
They can fuck right off!

Ciderup

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol sport FC
They can fuck right off!
I totally agree V.
Lansdown and his pals can do one as far as I'm concerned if this is true. The fans won't matter any more and that would definitely be it for me after 41 seasons.
Obscene decision. Thank f**k I didn't renew!

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
As an outcider looking in, do you 82ers really want Lansdowne and his millions to sell up and leave?

Or do you just want him to sack LJ?

Be careful what you wish for, fellas. There are worse owners than him out there.

.V.

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Thankfully I only have a membership, but that's not getting renewed! If it's business as usual they can't have my business then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!