League 2 General Chat Thread

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Performances don't get much worse than that. I really can't express how bad we are - we may not be the worst team in League 2 history but I reckon we could give them a run for their money. Today was SO bad. And you know what? I attribute all of it to our new manager. 'What the fuck?' is the only reaction I could give to each and every one of his decisions today.

Everyone fucking knows Dembele is a class act so why does he start a 17 year old against him for his senior debut?

McGhee is a fucking moron, it's only taken me 3 games to realise this. If we weren't getting relegated before (and we were certain to then) we are now with this clown in charge. Baffling and fucking pathetic.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Performances don't get much worse than that. I really can't express how bad we are - we may not be the worst team in League 2 history but I reckon we could give them a run for their money. Today was SO bad. And you know what? I attribute all of it to our new manager. 'What the fuck?' is the only reaction I could give to each and every one of his decisions today.

Everyone fucking knows Dembele is a class act so why does he start a 17 year old against him for his senior debut?

McGhee is a fucking moron, it's only taken me 3 games to realise this. If we weren't getting relegated before (and we were certain to then) we are now with this clown in charge. Baffling and fucking pathetic.
I can’t disagree with any of that. With that line-up how did he expect us to create any chances and score?

cufc17

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle
WE were absolutely diabolical today. Totally lucky to get a point.

It’s games like today that highlight how far we are off being playoff candidates. A mixture of negative shite team selection and tactics from Curle plus a lack of quality in the final third. We’ve no chance unless we sign a decent forward in January.

Shite
Thankfully it improved a bit in the second half, that first 45 minutes was terrible! It wasn't much better though and never deserved more than a point, despite Morecambe being looking pretty useless too.

Bringing Steven Rigg on, really?

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
We can't say we weren't warned about McGhee, but I was expecting him to stabilise our performances and keep things solid for at least a few months before leaving at the end of the season.

I wasn't expecting him to lose the plot straight away. If he keeps chopping and changing the team and tactics then he could and should be gone by Christmas. We can't afford any more experimental bullshit.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Bee sting

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
We must have the worst Chairman in the FL. The greedy Greek is totally clueless about all Football related matters. Has a record of appointing the wrong Managers, investing in the wrong Players and just sits there with a big smug grin on his face. He is only interested in Chicken Resteraunts, Indian Weddings, and ripping everybody else off. Wish he would sell the Club and F**K OFF and let us move back to our rightful place in Barnet. All the crap with the council was his own doing, and if he wasn't such an ignorant stubborn git, we could have built a new ground in Barnet, but no, he didn't want one there as he believed thousands more would come to Edgware rather than Barnet. Well soon, our crowds will be lower than Accrington and Morecambe and we will be back in the National League next season doing an Leyton Orient. Having supported this club for 50 years iv'e seen some s**t, but this is getting to be the lowest of the lows. TK keep all your fancy stuff but sell the Football side to someone who knows what they are doing and let us suffering supporters try to get some enjoyment for once. In over 20 years of ownership, we have never been any higher than where we are now. The only major move we have made is not up the Leagues, but out of our Home Town to a place not easily reachable by most of our Supporters .

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
We must have the worst Chairman in the FL. The greedy Greek is totally clueless about all Football related matters. Has a record of appointing the wrong Managers, investing in the wrong Players and just sits there with a big smug grin on his face. He is only interested in Chicken Resteraunts, Indian Weddings, and ripping everybody else off. Wish he would sell the Club and F**K OFF and let us move back to our rightful place in Barnet. All the crap with the council was his own doing, and if he wasn't such an ignorant stubborn git, we could have built a new ground in Barnet, but no, he didn't want one there as he believed thousands more would come to Edgware rather than Barnet. Well soon, our crowds will be lower than Accrington and Morecambe and we will be back in the National League next season doing an Leyton Orient. Having supported this club for 50 years iv'e seen some s**t, but this is getting to be the lowest of the lows. TK keep all your fancy stuff but sell the Football side to someone who knows what they are doing and let us suffering supporters try to get some enjoyment for once. In over 20 years of ownership, we have never been any higher than where we are now. The only major move we have made is not up the Leagues, but out of our Home Town to a place not easily reachable by most of our Supporters .
So where is this magical ground in Barnet that is of National League (let alone Football League) standard?
You think he instigated the conflict with the council? I was there at the council meeting in 2002 when the Tory council voted to bury the South Underhill proposal and it’s clear that they have never cared about the club and the benefits it brought to the area. Without a change of council there was no way we could have had a new ground built in the borough.
Tony K chooses which players to buy? Now I’ve heard it all!
Why refer to him as the “Greedy Greek?” He was born here and as much a Londoner as you or me. That just sounds like nasty xenophobia to me.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Never a sending off for the Barnet player. What's the ref seen there?!

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
It's a booking but a straight red is a bit much and pretty harsh on a 16 year old making his league debut.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Bee sting

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
So where is this magical ground in Barnet that is of National League (let alone Football League) standard?
You think he instigated the conflict with the council? I was there at the council meeting in 2002 when the Tory council voted to bury the South Underhill proposal and it’s clear that they have never cared about the club and the benefits it brought to the area. Without a change of council there was no way we could have had a new ground built in the borough.
Tony K chooses which players to buy? Now I’ve heard it all!
Why refer to him as the “Greedy Greek?” He was born here and as much a Londoner as you or me. That just sounds like nasty xenophobia to me.

As you know there were several sites identified as potential for a new ground. Most were dismissed for various reasons but there was one that was offered to TK to build a new ground with a capacity up to 10,000. This was declined because he also wanted more land for the training facilities and other things. He could have just had a ground in Barnet and the training complex at the Hive, but wanted it all on one site. If anyone with enough money wanted to create a AFC Barnet, the site is still available to build a ground. On the manager front, when have we ever advertised nationally to see exactly who might apply. It has always been in-house or a mate of a mate or someone someone knows. On transfers, it is TK who signs the cheques so when paying out thousands on a player would you just take someones word for it? Maybe I shouldn't have said greedy Greek(I will retract that) but why have we got some of the highest prices for Kit(TK owns Jako) Bar prices, Food and other things. I don't agree it's because we are classed as London, as other clubs may charge the same entrance fee, but all other things are cheaper. We are probably the only FL Club without a proper board of Directors, without a Supporters Club and don't run coaches to away games. Yes there is bitterness, as the promises made were broken and the club from Barnet that I grew up with and supported for 50 years is no longer there. I agree times change and things move on, but there was a saying that Chairmen come and go. but supporters stay forever. This is now turning the other way.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
As you know there were several sites identified as potential for a new ground. Most were dismissed for various reasons but there was one that was offered to TK to build a new ground with a capacity up to 10,000. This was declined because he also wanted more land for the training facilities and other things. He could have just had a ground in Barnet and the training complex at the Hive, but wanted it all on one site. If anyone with enough money wanted to create a AFC Barnet, the site is still available to build a ground. On the manager front, when have we ever advertised nationally to see exactly who might apply. It has always been in-house or a mate of a mate or someone someone knows. On transfers, it is TK who signs the cheques so when paying out thousands on a player would you just take someones word for it? Maybe I shouldn't have said greedy Greek(I will retract that) but why have we got some of the highest prices for Kit(TK owns Jako) Bar prices, Food and other things. I don't agree it's because we are classed as London, as other clubs may charge the same entrance fee, but all other things are cheaper. We are probably the only FL Club without a proper board of Directors, without a Supporters Club and don't run coaches to away games. Yes there is bitterness, as the promises made were broken and the club from Barnet that I grew up with and supported for 50 years is no longer there. I agree times change and things move on, but there was a saying that Chairmen come and go. but supporters stay forever. This is now turning the other way.
Which site was this then?
Additionally the South Underhill proposal was for just a ground.
As for the Board of Directors issue, you cannot make people become Directors if they don’t want to.
You have a point about the catering though!

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Gavin Ward was the referee. I’d say it was an Orange Card.
To me the blame goes to McGhee for selecting Pascal in the first place.

Posh Harry

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
First game of the season for me. We played well but also thought Barnet were very poor and made it easy for us. Even akinde pen was quiet although I know he won't be up to speed yet.
2 quality goals and I think macca only had one easy save to make.

Really fear for Barnet to be honest. I hope they stay up as always enjoy the football experience at the hive. Friendly staff, great away end and superb bar all add together to a quality day.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet

First of all, 90% of this is absolute bollocks and you're no different from the majority of fans on that awful BTID Facebook group. Let's break it down into where you're right and where you're just stone cold completely incorrect.

Right: TK is a dick and many areas of the club would see improvements if he weren't around - these would primarily be behind the scenes where he is a right nightmare to work under or with. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that the vast majority of fans don't know about and likely never will - TK is the cause of a lot of these negative things. For all intents and purposes, it's not that he doesn't value the fans, he's just too arrogant to understand what it's like to be one. There's a difference there that you'll only appreciate if you work with him/spend time with him.

Wrong: 1) TK is not a sugar daddy, not by a long way, but he keeps the club afloat. He doesn't bankroll or thrust wallets brimming with money our way, but he does top up the coffers to pay the wage bills, signing on fees etc. He invests more than people give him credit for and certainly is not hiding his money from the club. This was even more apparent when we were still at Underhill - that place was haemorrhaging money ridiculously quickly. 2) He done all he could to keep us in Barnet. Can't be bothered to go into all of this as all of the evidence is out there in reports and minuted meeting notes to prove this - how you and others can keep bringing this up as a gospel fact I don't know. 3) Many clubs in better 'health' (money, players, attendance etc) than us have also not made moves up the footballing pyramid, and more yet have gone up only to come freefalling back down again.

I could go on more but the majority of people on here don't give a shit, so I'll spare them the bandwidth of downloading more. Essentially, you're just as wrong as the majority of BTID.

Bee sting

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
First of all, 90% of this is absolute bollocks and you're no different from the majority of fans on that awful BTID Facebook group. Let's break it down into where you're right and where you're just stone cold completely incorrect.

Right: TK is a dick and many areas of the club would see improvements if he weren't around - these would primarily be behind the scenes where he is a right nightmare to work under or with. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that the vast majority of fans don't know about and likely never will - TK is the cause of a lot of these negative things. For all intents and purposes, it's not that he doesn't value the fans, he's just too arrogant to understand what it's like to be one. There's a difference there that you'll only appreciate if you work with him/spend time with him.

Wrong: 1) TK is not a sugar daddy, not by a long way, but he keeps the club afloat. He doesn't bankroll or thrust wallets brimming with money our way, but he does top up the coffers to pay the wage bills, signing on fees etc. He invests more than people give him credit for and certainly is not hiding his money from the club. This was even more apparent when we were still at Underhill - that place was haemorrhaging money ridiculously quickly. 2) He done all he could to keep us in Barnet. Can't be bothered to go into all of this as all of the evidence is out there in reports and minuted meeting notes to prove this - how you and others can keep bringing this up as a gospel fact I don't know. 3) Many clubs in better 'health' (money, players, attendance etc) than us have also not made moves up the footballing pyramid, and more yet have gone up only to come freefalling back down again.

I could go on more but the majority of people on here don't give a shit, so I'll spare them the bandwidth of downloading more. Essentially, you're just as wrong as the majority of BTID.

Urban, as a fellow Barnet supporter I respect your views and opinions but we will have to agree to disagree on certain points. I am not on Facebook or Twitter, so don't know what is BTID or what it's about. On my rights and wrongs, 1) I have never said TK is a Dick and have spent time with him including travelling back from an away game. 2) I have never said he is a sugar Daddy, in fact it is probably the opposite. He saved the Club(although he wasn't the only person prepared to do it) invested heavily in the run-down Underhill and paid of debts and other outstanding dues. He has invested mega-money into the Hive, with more to come with the latest planning applications(a lot of the 14 million from Underhill will go into it) and future projects(do you know about them?) 3) TK didn't do all he could to keep us in Barnet, as he was offered a site(my mate was involved in the discussions) but declined it. That site is still there and was available then, but I don't know about now as plans lapse after a time. My earlier point was that in over 20 years of ownership under TK, we have never been promoted upwards above where we are now. The only promotions have been after relegations, back to where we were. The aspirations of the club might be to get to the Championship, with a ground and facilities to suit, but without the crowds it will not be sustainable, and as even you must have realised by now, the promised extra thousands of people that will come to the new Hive, have not materialised, and in the short term will only keep dwindling. TK is a wealthy(look it up for yourself) businessman and very successful with what he does, but in reality knows nothing about Football and what Fans need and would like to see. I will leave it at that and not comment further.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Urban, as a fellow Barnet supporter I respect your views and opinions but we will have to agree to disagree on certain points. I am not on Facebook or Twitter, so don't know what is BTID or what it's about. On my rights and wrongs, 1) I have never said TK is a Dick and have spent time with him including travelling back from an away game. 2) I have never said he is a sugar Daddy, in fact it is probably the opposite. He saved the Club(although he wasn't the only person prepared to do it) invested heavily in the run-down Underhill and paid of debts and other outstanding dues. He has invested mega-money into the Hive, with more to come with the latest planning applications(a lot of the 14 million from Underhill will go into it) and future projects(do you know about them?) 3) TK didn't do all he could to keep us in Barnet, as he was offered a site(my mate was involved in the discussions) but declined it. That site is still there and was available then, but I don't know about now as plans lapse after a time. My earlier point was that in over 20 years of ownership under TK, we have never been promoted upwards above where we are now. The only promotions have been after relegations, back to where we were. The aspirations of the club might be to get to the Championship, with a ground and facilities to suit, but without the crowds it will not be sustainable, and as even you must have realised by now, the promised extra thousands of people that will come to the new Hive, have not materialised, and in the short term will only keep dwindling. TK is a wealthy(look it up for yourself) businessman and very successful with what he does, but in reality knows nothing about Football and what Fans need and would like to see. I will leave it at that and not comment further.

First of all, don't say you'll respect my opinion etc and then condescend me throughout the rest of the post. You don't need to tell me to look things up for myself or ask if I know of projects that have been advertised on the club website for months. Whatever your opinion on the ground situation and the additional site in Barnet, I know for a fact that that site was not viable for the vision and direction TK had for the club. It's up to you to decide if that was wrong or not, but on this point (there's not many of them) I agree with him. Barnet wasn't us out and instead we've got ourselves a fantastic facility at the Hive. Crowds are a huge concern, one which is growing every week, but crowds will come with good performances and success (they were there towards the end of the promotion season, don't forget).

My point on TK is always, and has always been this: he's extremely flawed and in many areas does hold the club back, but not for the reasons pushed and publicised by the masses such as yourself (see, I can be condescending too). Everyone wants some kind of positive changes at the club but for this to happen people need to criticise him about the right things, not the wrong ones.

I'm looking forward to you not commenting further. :) (sorry to everyone else having to read this shite)

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Fight, fight,fight.

Nah, let's leave that to McGhee

nintchdbpict000302279826-e1487718658494.jpg

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Still can’t believe your owner hired him. Genuinely baffling.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Still can’t believe your owner hired him. Genuinely baffling.

He was going to be a Director of Football (which would've been alright tbh) but then our manager Rossi Eames stepped down so he was just offered the first team role. Right time right place. Unfortunately.

Lance Stoe

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe
Why don't clubs at this level try and go for a decent manager like Adkins??

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I suggest you do some research on Sisu, the Oyston family, the Venky's and so on. And that's just a start.

TK is genuinely a dick. He's really difficult to work under and is extremely arrogant. But compared to what we could have and what is a reality for many clubs, we're very lucky...

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
The last time I can remember 2 Barnet's arguing like this was Keegan and Bremner in the 1974 Charity Shield. :box:

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
this is not the year barnet go down.

seen plenty of worse barnet sides stay up. BELIEVE.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
this is not the year barnet go down.

seen plenty of worse barnet sides stay up. BELIEVE.
The Barnet side that played you in September is certainly not relegation quality.
The abomination of a line-up that McGhee sent out on Saturday certainly was.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I see Akinola's gone off the radar again. That because Akinde etc are back?

Seems a bit harsh to drop him completely off the back of what seemed a good run of form while they were out.

rudebwoyben

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
I see Akinola's gone off the radar again. That because Akinde etc are back?

Seems a bit harsh to drop him completely off the back of what seemed a good run of form while they were out.
Apparently he's currently injured. What type of injury he has and for long he'll be out I do not know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!