Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2023/24

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Has he been up there alone much this season? Would go some way to explaining the record of six goals scored...

No not generally, he usually has someone alongside him but they’re all equally shite despite putting the effort in. I was not impressed with our set up against you at all, and even less impressed by the performance.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Our owner has had a sit down with some fans tonight and apparently there is 2 or 3 signings already sorted for 1st Jan, with a handful of players on their way out as well, I imagine most the Scottish contingent

Saw there was a meeting of various groups, haven’t seen any of the info from it like, Paterson, Niang, Murray and Hamilton back up the road would be a fine start.

Armstrong in a blue and white shirt before we play Harrogate on the 1st would be interesting :woot:

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Saw there was a meeting of various groups, haven’t seen any of the info from it like, Paterson, Niang, Murray and Hamilton back up the road would be a fine start.

Armstrong in a blue and white shirt before we play Harrogate on the 1st would be interesting :woot:
Been passed a few bits from someone who was there,

In a nutshell… Raj pointing the blame elsewhere again and is unhappy with the stick he’s received.

2 or 3 deals already done for players to come straight in as soon as window is open and a good number agreed to be on their way out as well.

Allegedly had a number of enquiries/offers to buy the club this season, but all reportedly “unsatisfactory”

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Wasn't the rumour your paying Wooton 5k a week?
4k was the supposed figure which again is mental if true. I’ve no doubt that we have many on inflated wages as our DOF is clueless and like a kid in a sweet ship with Stott’s money but I think even we’d draw the line at 200k and 5K for Olaofe.

It’s just a Gillingham fan on Twitter but I’d suggest if they get him and are out spending us to do it then it will be by paying him even more ridiculous money than we are.

AusGill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
4k was the supposed figure which again is mental if true. I’ve no doubt that we have many on inflated wages as our DOF is clueless and like a kid in a sweet ship with Stott’s money but I think even we’d draw the line at 200k and 5K for Olaofe.

It’s just a Gillingham fan on Twitter but I’d suggest if they get him and are out spending us to do it then it will be by paying him even more ridiculous money than we are.
You Stockport mate?

As for Olaofe, IF he comes to us it’d probably be location and the Neil Harris Millwall connection. I reckon if we are offering similar terms to yourself then he might come here. We wouldn’t have to offer more, he wouldn’t have to relocate.

Wonder when we’ll all find out?

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Been passed a few bits from someone who was there,

In a nutshell… Raj pointing the blame elsewhere again and is unhappy with the stick he’s received.

2 or 3 deals already done for players to come straight in as soon as window is open and a good number agreed to be on their way out as well.

Allegedly had a number of enquiries/offers to buy the club this season, but all reportedly “unsatisfactory”
Odusina on loan and Brad Walker is a done deal apparently

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I honestly don’t know how I feel about that? Underwhelmed? Unimpressed?
Well there's the Brad Walker who was so far up his arse at Pools he lived in his intestines or the Brad Walker who is pretty well regarded wherever he's played except for us.

Timi I'd be happy to have back. I'd rather get a permanent to start a rebuild of the side but Rollin and Timi is a centre back pairing that would keep us in the league.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Odusina on loan and Brad Walker is a done deal apparently
Been talk about Walker for a while so I expected that one, surprised at the Odusina one if true, coming back so soon after leaving, has he been getting no game time at Bradford?

Matty Dolans name is being passed around again, but I’m sure that happens every single window at some point

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Timi's barely kicked a ball all season, just goes to show leaving for a bigger club and a fatter wedge the grass isn't always greener, maybe it's cutting my own nose off to spite my face but I wouldn't have him back.

Was never a fan of Walker, impressive as a 17 year old then tumbled downhill, Port Vale fans seem to like him but not for me.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Odusina has been unlucky here really. He barely had a pre season due to injury and illness and so started the season third choice and hasn't managed to dislodge Crichlow. He played well in his first couple of games against Wednesday and Stevenage but had a mare against Stockport when he just couldn't win a header and hasn't really had a chance since. He played against orient the other week where we shipped three but he wasn't to blame for any of the goals.

He needs a good run of games so a loan is probably best.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
I know it’s tough as I’ve rolled my eyes in the past when we’ve brought back someone I wasn’t a fan of in the first instance but in this case seriously Walker is now a very good midfielder for L2 (he’s not been bad in L1 just others passed over him). Great at long passing, good tackler and strong in the air. Use him right and he will improve you.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I know it’s tough as I’ve rolled my eyes in the past when we’ve brought back someone I wasn’t a fan of in the first instance but in this case seriously Walker is now a very good midfielder for L2 (he’s not been bad in L1 just others passed over him). Great at long passing, good tackler and strong in the air. Use him right and he will improve you.
Appreciate what you say about Walker, clearly had attributes even as a 17 year old.

Think the main concern is he was very big time when he was here previously, hopefully he has lost that side of him. The other concern for me personally is that he couldn’t really run even as a kid, and our current midfield has a real lack of legs in there currently.

Hopefully if the transfer talk is true and he comes in, he is massively improved as you are saying and will be a big help for second half the season.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
You Stockport mate?

As for Olaofe, IF he comes to us it’d probably be location and the Neil Harris Millwall connection. I reckon if we are offering similar terms to yourself then he might come here. We wouldn’t have to offer more, he wouldn’t have to relocate.

Wonder when we’ll all find out?
Our local journalist has just said he's coming here, fended off interest from Gillingham.

I think you did offer substantially more money but he has decided to come here.

Good to see a player back himself in a sporting sense instead of just choosing locality and money.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Appreciate what you say about Walker, clearly had attributes even as a 17 year old.

Think the main concern is he was very big time when he was here previously, hopefully he has lost that side of him. The other concern for me personally is that he couldn’t really run even as a kid, and our current midfield has a real lack of legs in there currently.

Hopefully if the transfer talk is true and he comes in, he is massively improved as you are saying and will be a big help for second half the season.

Yeah the running is still what holds him back but he does make up for it with his positioning being pretty good mostly. He tends to get more exposed for that when he is played at the back up against a pacy forward.

If it’s getting some legs in there would have thought Charsley from us would be the man to go for. He is someone who will run for hours on end. I know this sounds like palming off all of our squad players but it genuinely isn’t just to note :)

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Timi's barely kicked a ball all season, just goes to show leaving for a bigger club and a fatter wedge the grass isn't always greener, maybe it's cutting my own nose off to spite my face but I wouldn't have him back.

Was never a fan of Walker, impressive as a 17 year old then tumbled downhill, Port Vale fans seem to like him but not for me.
He might be ok now Loons has gone the journey.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Our local journalist has just said he's coming here, fended off interest from Gillingham.

I think you did offer substantially more money but he has decided to come here.

Good to see a player back himself in a sporting sense instead of just choosing locality and money.
Player signs for Gillingham over Stockport: Money grabber lacking enthusiasm.

Player signs for Stockport over Gillingham: Wage drop, in it for the right reasons.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.

Player signs for Stockport over Gillingham: Wage drop, in it for the right reasons.
Correct in this case. Hopefully he can do the business for us mate.

Hurst going to be busy bringing players in this January?

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Moxon, Mellish and Guy still likely to be sold.
Also rumours of Kristian Dennis being sold to Wrexham and probably 1 or 2 others being touted around. We are currently 4th in the table, so the quick fire jumble sale will be in full swing already while our players’ stock is reasonably high.

Any players being lined up will be quick fixes to see us through till the summer. We had a transfer lined up apparently. But our manager says it’s off because the player has an illness that is going to put him out for at least a month.

Last edited:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Correct in this case. Hopefully he can do the business for us mate.

Hurst going to be busy bringing players in this January?
I'd imagine so yes, but we'll probably be scrabbling around looking for that elusive striker on deadline day along with half of the division. We're stacked in the middle of the park and the defence on the whole has been good enough so far so those areas aren't really problems but I'd imagine that strikers/wingers are the priority. We've already shipped out JMD and Stephen Wearne and can't see us extending the loans of Pepple and Simmonds and Ryan Taylor is out until about Feb, so we're five forwards down essentially. We've also got McAtee going to Luton at the end of the season so we need to be making some big moves at that end of the pitch. There's no chance we'll be stumping up the cash to bring these players in at the start of Jan though, we never do when there's competition. Hurst manages the purse strings like he'd putting money away for his own mortgage. Almost guaranteed we'll be spinning the loan wheel once again as part of our incomings.

Sounds like Scott Pollock at Boston might be on though, which is potentially a decent signing.

THE LAST WALTZ

Reaction score
Supports
GILLINGHAM

Not surprising that he would chose a club going for promotion over one fighting relegation.
We just need to get in the players to keep us up.
This shit show isn’t going to be solved in one window.
Survive this year then kick on.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham

I'm still finding it weird to see us and money in the same scenario to be honest.

Pleased with the Nichols signing, makes perfect sense as a short term signing which is exactly what's needed right now. Olaofe would be more of a project signing which if we're being totally honest isn't what this season is all about for us. Few more 'now' signings and I genuinely think we'll be fine. We've been mostly dogshit this season but I don't think the squad needs a total overhaul like some do - it's mainly a confidence issue based on the fact that the team know we don't score enough and therefore HAVE to be solid defensively, which in general we have been.

A couple in the right areas and we'll be fine for me, which for me would be another forward, a wide man (although Harriott may be that guy if he can get fit enough), a replacement for Reeves who I assume is now out for the season (not heard anything on him) in midfield, a number 10, a centre back and a bastard of a leader in central midfield - basically what we hoped Williams would be, but isn't. I think around that we have enough quality to build a competitive side - Turner, Ehmer, Baggott, McKenzie, O'Keefe, Adelakun, Kashket and Mandron should all be able to produce in this league. Once Nichols notches a couple on his debut the confidence will flow and we'll start to saunter back up the league.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
I'm still finding it weird to see us and money in the same scenario to be honest.

Pleased with the Nichols signing, makes perfect sense as a short term signing which is exactly what's needed right now. Olaofe would be more of a project signing which if we're being totally honest isn't what this season is all about for us. Few more 'now' signings and I genuinely think we'll be fine. We've been mostly dogshit this season but I don't think the squad needs a total overhaul like some do - it's mainly a confidence issue based on the fact that the team know we don't score enough and therefore HAVE to be solid defensively, which in general we have been.
I think we'll be hoping Olaofe can have an impact right away, we need a pacy option up there and to relieve some burden of Madden and Wootton who have to play every game at the moment.

Hearing about the details of the Olaofe deal and what you offered him, it sounds like you're new owner is going for it so hopefully you'll get your wishes in the window. I think you'll be fine.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
We will be told players are lined up but it’s not easy getting them over the line then on the last day of the window someone will have lost the pen

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Squad for sale. Everyone must go!

Most will happily put in a transfer request to make it cheaper. Some may even ride a bicycle to get away. Some decent players, some dross.

Casey

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

A couple in the right areas and we'll be fine for me, which for me would be another forward, a wide man (although Harriott may be that guy if he can get fit enough), a replacement for Reeves who I assume is now out for the season (not heard anything on him) in midfield, a number 10, a centre back and a bastard of a leader in central midfield - basically what we hoped Williams would be, but isn't. I think around that we have enough quality to build a competitive side - Turner, Ehmer, Baggott, McKenzie, O'Keefe, Adelakun, Kashket and Mandron should all be able to produce in this league. Once Nichols notches a couple on his debut the confidence will flow and we'll start to saunter back up the league.
What about Harris though, must be under serious pressure? You were dire at ours, big two points dropped for us as I thought (even in our state) we looked a more able side, you were never scoring or having a shot that day, seems you've been mostly like that.

To be honest I thought you'd be down the bottom end and not top half as others predicted. Club in decline over years, a slightly false sense of competing at the right end this year possibly contributing? We see this kind of thing happen a lot. Obviously I dunno if you've had loads of injuries etc.

I hope the takeover works out, nothing against The Gills but it won't be a quick fix. I'd be looking at changing the management as an outsider looking in. Maybe the new lot are looking at that?

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Moxon, Mellish and Guy still likely to be sold.
Also rumours of Kristian Dennis being sold to Wrexham and probably 1 or 2 others being touted around. We are currently 4th in the table, so the quick fire jumble sale will be in full swing already while our players’ stock is reasonably high.

Any players being lined up will be quick fixes to see us through till the summer. We had a transfer lined up apparently. But our manager says it’s off because the player has an illness that is going to put him out for at least a month.
Sounds like we really dropped the ball by not getting Moxon in the summer. Where’s he likely to go?

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
What about Harris though, must be under serious pressure? You were dire at ours, big two points dropped for us as I thought (even in our state) we looked a more able side, you were never scoring or having a shot that day, seems you've been mostly like that.

To be honest I thought you'd be down the bottom end and not top half as others predicted. Club in decline over years, a slightly false sense of competing at the right end this year possibly contributing? We see this kind of thing happen a lot. Obviously I dunno if you've had loads of injuries etc.

I hope the takeover works out, nothing against The Gills but it won't be a quick fix. I'd be looking at changing the management as an outsider looking in. Maybe the new lot are looking at that?
The take over has been going on for a very long time, Harris knew about it when he was appointed almost a year ago. It wouldn’t surprise me if he had been insisted on by the new owners back then. How long he lasts though is anyone’s guess.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham

Hard to say with Harris, I can see how it looks from the outside when you're more likely to judge the club purely on results than anything else, but Harris did say in the summer that the club needs a total overhaul - backroom staff, culture, youth setup etc - and literally none of that has improved, and requires investment. The new owner seems to share a similar belief (we might even be upgrading the stadium you lucky away fans) so I think he'll get a bit of time.

I think judging our potential for the rest of the season based on the first half of it is possibly the wrong way to look at it - yes, we've been dreadful, abysmal and all the rest, but I genuinely believe that come the end of January we'll be a totally different side and will win enough games to a) keep us up and b) be a side that others don't want to face. As said previously we genuinely aren't THAT far away from being competitive - less goals conceded than Mansfield who are 6th and Barrow in 7th - and it's really only due to a truly unbelievable scoring record that we are where we are. For example, if we'd scored just one extra goal per game this season we'd be a massive 19 points better off than we are. I appreciate that's a huge 'IF' but it does show that we aren't that far away. The cup form shows we have a bit about us.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Squad for sale. Everyone must go!

Most will happily put in a transfer request to make it cheaper. Some may even ride a bicycle to get away. Some decent players, some dross.

Casey
have you put your transfer request in yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshsuwus
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!