Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2020/21

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Wouldn't want either Artell or Bell. No thank you.

Posh Harry

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yeah, I just can't see it. If he keeps doing as well as he is at the moment, I'm sure he'll leave for a bigger club eventually. However, Crewe is his club, he's spent most of his life here and I'd be shocked if he gave up the manager's job after less than a year.
With all due respect, the bottom line is Bradford are a much bigger club. With all the foreign managers and ex high profile players getting all the big jobs, and the medium jobs, how often will he get an offer like this (assuming it is offered)?

Any manager is only a few bad results from being shit according to a lot of the fan base and things can change very quickly in their game.

Bradford is not the other side of the world, if he is offered in then he would be stupid to turn it down imho

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
With all due respect, the bottom line is Bradford are a much bigger club. With all the foreign managers and ex high profile players getting all the big jobs, and the medium jobs, how often will he get an offer like this (assuming it is offered)?

Any manager is only a few bad results from being shit according to a lot of the fan base and things can change very quickly in their game.

Bradford is not the other side of the world, if he is offered in then he would be stupid to turn it down imho

The way Bradford chop and change managers it'd be career suicide.

I dont think he'd be afforded any time at Bradford at all. The way they hire and fire they just come across as a club with no philosophy and no clear aims.

Luckily he won't be leaving for the reasons I've stated before. He's still very much a work in progress and better off learning his trade at his club rather than leave for a club with an addiction to sacking managers.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

I dont think he'd be afforded any time at Bradford at all. The way they hire and fire they just come across as a club with no philosophy and no clear aims.

Luckily he won't be leaving for the reasons I've stated before. He's still very much a work in progress and better off learning his trade at his club rather than leave for a club with an addiction to sacking managers.
We chop and change as you put it because the manager fails. A quick google search says your last manager lasted 24 games, so we aren’t the only ones who drop the axe after a poor spell! Hughes was given far longer than many fans wanted to give him.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
No need to bring The_Viking_Magpie and Carver into this.

Would you stop mentioning me in posts you little runt.

How are Grimsby doing in this dogshit league anyway?
Let's have a quick look... Ohh they're doing shite, all the way down in 18th what a suprise.

Just face it, football league survival is as good as it's ever going to get for your poor club.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Think Bradford would be a very hard thing for him to turn it down personally, sometimes you have to roll the dice.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Would you stop mentioning me in posts you little runt.

How are Grimsby doing in this dogshit league anyway?
Let's have a quick look... Ohh they're doing shite, all the way down in 18th what a suprise.

Just face it, football league survival is as good as it's ever going to get for your poor club.
And with that post, my point is proven 100%

Cheers. :bye:

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
We chop and change as you put it because the manager fails. A quick google search says your last manager lasted 24 games, so we aren’t the only ones who drop the axe after a poor spell! Hughes was given far longer than many fans wanted to give him.
He quit for personal reasons.

This talk of Lee Bell to Bradford just doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure why Bradford would want Nell as he's still a novice of a manager and has alot to learn, infact alot of the hood tactical work this season has been credited to Ryan Dicker more than Bell.

But also it doesn't seem a good move for Bell at this stage, apart from maybe short term financially. He's got no affiliation to them nor have the supporters got any for him, so you would think a few months of bad results he could quickly get the boot.

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson

Bradford are a much bigger club but that shouldn't be the sole criterion when considering whether to take a new job. Personally, I think he'd be stupid to take it. Our young players (mostly) understand that the best place for them to develop is at Crewe and they will then move to a bigger club when the time is right and it should be no different for our young manager.

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
He wasn't sacked. We've sacked one manager in the last 6 years and we've sacked four in the last 37 years.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
He wasn't sacked. We've sacked one manager in the last 6 years and we've sacked four in the last 37 years.
Maybe he’ll fancy a club with ambition then, even if that comes with risk.

Not that I think he’s coming here like.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe

When it comes to giving managers time no one does it quite like us. Gave Holland 6 months longer than he shouldve got. Gave Davis at least 2 and a half years longer than he shouldve got and gave Artell 6 months longer than he should've got.

The only manager in my lifetime we sacked suddenly was Thordason in 2009. And that's because he wasn't adhering to the club philosophy and was harming us on and off the pitch.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Bradford's a poisoned chalice, I wouldn't touch it if I was an in demand manager

They have probably a top 3 budget every year and yet never seem to do as well as they should. Who even was their last successful manager, Parkinson?

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Some merit in that. There is no philosophy at the club that's for sure. We've got an owner who could give a fuck as long as we're not losing money and a CEO who hasn't the first clue about running a football club.

However, a manager here is guaranteed a top end budget for this league, which you would hope the correct manager would spend wisely. For all of our off field issues, money isn't really an issue, it's the dross that managers choose to spend it on.

I also wouldn't say our turnover of managers is much different to similar underperforming clubs of our size. Our problem is we've hired a succession of managers who play some of the worst brands of football you're likely to see. Out of the last four managers, only McCall was sacked purely off results. Bowyer, Adams and Hughes were hounded out because their football was driving fans away. And in Adams' case because he was also an insufferable wanker.

If a manager came in and played attacking, entertaining football then they'd be afforded time by fans, even if results were slow. Certainly this season, if the style was there then most would give the new manager a free pass.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Some merit in that. There is no philosophy at the club that's for sure. We've got an owner who could give a fuck as long as we're not losing money and a CEO who hasn't the first clue about running a football club.

However, a manager here is guaranteed a top end budget for this league, which you would hope the correct manager would spend wisely. For all of our off field issues, money isn't really an issue, it's the dross that managers choose to spend it on.

I also wouldn't say our turnover of managers is much different to similar underperforming clubs of our size. Our problem is we've hired a succession of managers who play some of the worst brands of football you're likely to see. Out of the last four managers, only McCall was sacked purely off results. Bowyer, Adams and Hughes were hounded out because their football was driving fans away. And in Adams' case because he was also an insufferable wanker.

If a manager came in and played attacking, entertaining football then they'd be afforded time by fans, even if results were slow. Certainly this season, if the style was there then most would give the new manager a free pass.

A fair point. But Bell has no track record with recruitment. In fact, I'd argue his recruitment has been pretty inconsistent. He's probably made the best signing the club has made in years in Mickey Demetriou and an excellent signing in Shilow Tracey, but he's had a few stinkers with the likes of Ryan Cooney, Harvey Davies and also David Amoo last season.

Expectations are another thing as well. Here we have a clear philosophy. Managers are given time on condition they bring through the next generation of players and produce attacking football. If we finished 10th this season, it'd show we were moving in the right direction despite missing out on the Top 7. But Bell isn't expected to deliver us promotion this season. Whereas at Bradford, okay he might not be expected to deliver Top 7 given your poor start, but he'll certainly be expected to win football matches for an expectant fanbase to steer them clear from any potential trouble. And he'd be doing this without any of his own personnel in until January at the very least. It's why I can't see him leaving at all because he'd be on a hiding to nothing given his inexperience.

My biggest criticism of Bell is that, whilst he sets us up perfectly at home, we have a horrendous away record which he hasn't rectified yet. 3 away wins in his reign and we've conceded at least 3 last minute equalisers away from home too during that same time period. Luckily, we're playing entertaining football and he's blooding the next generation through so I can overlook that, and we've been exceedingly poor away from home for the past two years so it's not entirely his fault. But it's something worth considering.

Personally, I think Bradford would be better off with someone like Leam Richardson. I don't think Artell would be a good choice as he cracked badly under the first sign of pressure with us. With Bell, he's a novice. He's had a good few months but that's all that is. He's not ready for another job and, were he to fail at Bradford, it would absolutely be career suicide. Harry Kewell had a good stint at Crawley, went to a poisoned chalice at the time in Notts County to chase the money and was sacked within 2 months wasn't he? I'm confident Bell won't leave anyway.

T.A

Reaction score
Supports
Berry
I guess that depends on what you mean by ambition.

Playing in the same league. Season after season but in front a HUGE crowd instead. You’re gonna be fucked if he’s a crowd seat wanker.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
A fair point. But Bell has no track record with recruitment. In fact, I'd argue his recruitment has been pretty inconsistent. He's probably made the best signing the club has made in years in Mickey Demetriou and an excellent signing in Shilow Tracey, but he's had a few stinkers with the likes of Ryan Cooney, Harvey Davies and also David Amoo last season.

Expectations are another thing as well. Here we have a clear philosophy. Managers are given time on condition they bring through the next generation of players and produce attacking football. If we finished 10th this season, it'd show we were moving in the right direction despite missing out on the Top 7. But Bell isn't expected to deliver us promotion this season. Whereas at Bradford, okay he might not be expected to deliver Top 7 given your poor start, but he'll certainly be expected to win football matches for an expectant fanbase to steer them clear from any potential trouble. And he'd be doing this without any of his own personnel in until January at the very least. It's why I can't see him leaving at all because he'd be on a hiding to nothing given his inexperience.

My biggest criticism of Bell is that, whilst he sets us up perfectly at home, we have a horrendous away record which he hasn't rectified yet. 3 away wins in his reign and we've conceded at least 3 last minute equalisers away from home too during that same time period. Luckily, we're playing entertaining football and he's blooding the next generation through so I can overlook that, and we've been exceedingly poor away from home for the past two years so it's not entirely his fault. But it's something worth considering.

Personally, I think Bradford would be better off with someone like Leam Richardson. I don't think Artell would be a good choice as he cracked badly under the first sign of pressure with us. With Bell, he's a novice. He's had a good few months but that's all that is. He's not ready for another job and, were he to fail at Bradford, it would absolutely be career suicide. Harry Kewell had a good stint at Crawley, went to a poisoned chalice at the time in Notts County to chase the money and was sacked within 2 months wasn't he? I'm confident Bell won't leave anyway.
Richardson seems to be popular with our fans who can't see past the promotion on his CV. The style of football according to Wigan fans seems no better than Hughes though so I'm hoping that doesn't happen personally.

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Richardson seems to be popular with our fans who can't see past the promotion on his CV. The style of football according to Wigan fans seems no better than Hughes though so I'm hoping that doesn't happen personally.

If you don't fancy Richardson, who is your pick? I would have gone for Clarke if he had not gone to Cheltenham.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
2 wins out of 2 for Kevin McDonald now.

He has said he wants to concentrate on playing. However, continue this little run and he might change his mind and put himself in contention.

Cannot see us being interested in Lee Bell to be honest.

If we are looking to approach a manager currently employed elsewhere, I would hope they would try to tempt Richie Wellans back north. He was a lot of fans choice before Hughes got the job last time.

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Football at Gateshead is superb, after that 3rd goal v Kiddy earlier this season. They tried to play football the right way against us last season but pissing round the back whilst being pressed caught them out 3 times, where we scored 3 times.

I'd imagine he'd need time if he were to make the move to Bradford. Can they afford another season down in league 1 for the rebuilding?

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Our local media have stated that the Bell rumours are wide of the mark, as I thought they would be

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Seen quite a few neutral fans mention career suicide, but is this really the case?

Surely, anyone who comes in and fails are just added to a list of managers who have also failed. From the outside looking in, it reflects poorly on the club as opposed to anyone who chooses to manage the team. In fact, it’s a bit of a win-win situation for any manager coming in. Fail, and you can cry that we’re a poisoned chalice with no direction, picking up a handsome severance pay in the process. However, get us going and you can reap all the credit that comes with taking this club forward - which is absolutely massive.

The potential here is ridiculous, should anyone get it right.

That being said, it won’t be Bell or Artell. We’ve gone down the legend route with McCall. We’ve tried managers who have succeeded in this league in Bowyer and Adams. We’ve tried promoting from within. We’ve tried the legends of the game, big name managers in Hughes. I have no idea who we’ll go with, but I highly doubt it being McDonald. He’s already said he’s not ready to hang his boots up.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Our sacking looks like it was rather unplanned when most of our supporters had assumed the owners already had a new manager lined up.

Seems to have been a major falling out behind the scenes down to Neil Harris’s back room team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!