National League Fixtures 15/08/2017

Leewilson

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham and Redbridge
Cracking game between us and Ebbsfleet. They're a good side although disappointing that we gifted them 3 goals from set pieces. Another day and we win that 3-1.

Still no complaints. I think they'll be up there in the top 10 definitely.

Our defending as a unit is poor at the moment. Once we sort that, I think we're comfortably title challengers as there's goals in us. Until then, our results are going to bounce around a bit.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Just back. That was awful. We have no cutting edge, no incisiveness. We had plenty of possession, but Guiseley had the best chances (albeit only one or two). I'm afraid to say that on evidence so far this season we don't look like a title winning side.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Just got back from Guiseley. I think Micky Mellon has morphed into Gary Brabin. Playing 4-5-1 against a team which has just shipped 6. Really dull game and never looked like scoring.
Don't know whether its a cunning plan on Tranmere's part to knock a few £££ off Alabi's tribunal fee, but the lad looks like he's never been near a football pitch in his life.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I am absolutely staggered that there is no post on here from a certain Oxford supporter after that Orient result.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
How the hell we didn't put away a really poor Chester side tonight, I'll never know. I honestly think this club is jinxed. Nothing ever goes right for us.

We simply must get rid of Scott Harrison, a complete liability. He should've been released years ago, er well he was and then we re-signed him and gave him a new deal.

To be honest, I think I'll just be happy to stay up this season. Everything about us feels very York-ish.

I think I'm adapting to non league football. I'm shit scared of our away trip to Bromley.

His mate Monk at the Boro must have a half decent young centre back they can send our way, Harrison's defending is suicidal, he gifts the opposition one golden chance each game, if the manager wants a future at Pools past Christmas he needs to get this sorted.

I'd also have a good look at Amond and his desire to play for Pools, it was well known he wanted to move (and still could) he just doesn't look like a threat at all, we supposedly had most of the play tonight and created all sorts and we only managed to score when their keeper flapped at a cross? Where is this clinical poacher that scored 30+ in this league a few seasons ago?

Bendubz

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone
I'm not normally the sort to take the easy option and blame the referees. Generally fans who blame the ref are biased themselves. But that has got to be one of the most shambolic, biased inept and corrupt refereeing performances i've ever seen. You know the sort when they are so clearly desperate not to be a homer. It didn't seem like it would matter as neither of us could shoot for toffee. Then one blatant foul by dover in their half that gets waved away and 10 seconds later we are a goal down in a manic last 10 mins.
Sounds like our ref at home to NFU last season (and yes i'm still incredibly salty about that). An Odubade hattrick ALL ruled out for offside, considering the 3rd was crossed into him from the byline, plus a blatant penalty waved away, whilst they were given a very soft one. Some refs just shouldn't be given a whistle.

Bendubz

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone
Are you sure? Just because the Conference rolled over for you doesn't mean the Football League will
oh the Football League hasn't rolled over for us yet, but that doesn't matter. If one of us, Sutton or Bromley makes the play offs they will be allowed to compete. The issue comes if any of us actually get promoted. Then we're currently left in a situation of either ripping the 3G up and laying turf down, or standing our ground, and suffering a double relegation from League 2 to the NLS as a result. Any of us could be losing play off finalists and no repercussions would occur.

Farleigh

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone
So a team with 3G could hope to lose a play off final to avoid a double relegation. Does this rule apply to those whose facilities only scrape through grading, but want to stay part time and avoid spending millions on unnecessary ground improvements?

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
His mate Monk at the Boro must have a half decent young centre back they can send our way, Harrison's defending is suicidal, he gifts the opposition one golden chance each game, if the manager wants a future at Pools past Christmas he needs to get this sorted.

I'd also have a good look at Amond and his desire to play for Pools, it was well known he wanted to move (and still could) he just doesn't look like a threat at all, we supposedly had most of the play tonight and created all sorts and we only managed to score when their keeper flapped at a cross? Where is this clinical poacher that scored 30+ in this league a few seasons ago?

A young lad is not what we need. An experienced centre half at this level, who can read the game and organise the backline is what we need. I'm happy enough with Magnay and Adams and I think Laing would be okay but needs an older head next to him. Both centre halves are a calamity and that's because there's no experience there. As a result we're gifting opposition the lead every game and finding it hard to come back into it. I'd stick Bates in now if he wasn't about 3 stone overweight.

Amond going might not be a bad thing in my eyes. He hasn't got started yet. Cassidy is the perfect foil for him but the movement isn't there and the body language at times is lacking. I'm not saying he isn't trying but it's not happening for him. If it means him going and bringing in a centre half and a keeper then I'm all for it. I think we have enough offensive options in Munns, Deverdics, Donaldson, Cassidy, Oates and Rodney for a while, although the latter looks off the pace. If Amond goes, I'd have a good look at Rodney as the ability is clearly there but he looks rusty and passed up a golden opportunity in stoppage time to win it.

Squad is still unbalanced and despite everyone saying what a good performance it was last night, I'm worried. Chester are the worst side I've seen at the Vic since we did Grimsby 8-1 and we couldn't even beat them.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Chester are the worst side I've seen at the Vic since we did Grimsby 8-1 and we couldn't even beat them.
We battered you that game but 8 lucky deflections did for us.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Orient have had a result every relegated teams has at some point and they'll probably be others. Our was 4-0 away at Tamworth in October, which turned out to be Tilson's final game in charge. Although prior to that we lost 1-0 at Braintree on TV and managed to batter Kettering and lose 2-0. Not to mention drawing 0-0 at home to Carshalton in the FA Trophy and losing 3-1 at their place in the replay.

Gutted to have missed that one.

27 unbeaten. Bring on Tarpey! *gulp*
Coulda sworn Jeff said it was 30 last night.

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
oh the Football League hasn't rolled over for us yet, but that doesn't matter. If one of us, Sutton or Bromley makes the play offs they will be allowed to compete. The issue comes if any of us actually get promoted. Then we're currently left in a situation of either ripping the 3G up and laying turf down, or standing our ground, and suffering a double relegation from League 2 to the NLS as a result. Any of us could be losing play off finalists and no repercussions would occur.
Why would there be a double relegation?

In practice, I think if you did win the playoffs the FL would look at the issue again. Their stance on 3G is backward and I can't see them denying you promotion tbh.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Really hurts for us. Well done to Dover, who play decently and unless they're heavily bankrolled are clearly getting bang for their buck, coming up to us midweek and winning in such a way. I think this marks an end for us applying our "grind out a result" tactics while simultaneously learning how to beat tougher defences, and getting the odd newbie to link up better. We're at a point where learning on the job is costing us, and must begin to find our feet via a more urgent style of playing, which concentrates on attacking players linking up under pressure, and self-assured play. Rather than being lost, and I don't think we'll be on the back end of thrashings in this league whatever happens, we need to work out the purpose in this side.
Nil desperandum Sir, remember Neil Aspin's watch words: "stay in the game". Those are Billy Boy's watch words too and that's exactly what we've done in every game so far. This team will not be turned over in the manner of Guiseley at Aldershot last Saturday or Latent Orient at Pub Team United last night. Very unlucky to lose the way we did last night after riding out a torrid first half hammering and coming out all guns blazing in second half. On to Horribull Moors, and 3 more points. :bdick:

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
You have 17 of the league's best strikers. Are there early signs of Tranmere UNREST?
Some of our fans have gone way over the top. The last 7 champions have dropped points early doors and we're closer to the top than Lincoln, Cheltenham and Mansfield were and the same as Luton after 4 games.

Our results look poor (and are) but factor in almost half a game with 10 men at Torquay (and eventually 9), the fact Sutton are flying at the start and Guiseley's response to conceding 6, 2 away draws with clean sheets are not too bad.

We're an Andy Cook header off the bar vs Sutton away from being on 6 points and being unbeaten.

As I say, poor start but not a long term disaster providing fans stick together. However, the meltdowns have already begun in some quarters.

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
Some of our fans have gone way over the top. The last 7 champions have dropped points early doors and we're closer to the top than Lincoln, Cheltenham and Mansfield were and the same as Luton after 4 games.

Our results look poor (and are) but factor in almost half a game with 10 men at Torquay (and eventually 9), the fact Sutton are flying at the start and Guiseley's response to conceding 6, 2 away draws with clean sheets are not too bad.

We're an Andy Cook headed off the bar vs Sutton away from being on 6 points and being unbeaten.

As I say, poor start but not a long term disaster providing fans stick together. However, the meltdowns have already begun in some quarters.
I was pleased with the reaction from our players last night. They worked incredibly hard to deny Tranmere time and space on the ball for the vast majority of the game. Created one or two half decent opportunities too. So glad Norwood was suspended as it's the law that he scores against us! He actually came over for a selfie with me before kick off (actually it was the dog he wanted his picture with ;) )

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
The state of last night's results. And people actually think this league is getting better every year.

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
O
The state of last night's results. And people actually think this league is getting better every year.
Of course if everyone improves each year the overall standard will improve but there will still be the same unexpected results?

Lance Stoe

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe
As long as the brotherhood of football league clubs keep struggling like they are then it's all good. Well done Sutton. Nice to see Moses on the score sheet. Kudos to Paul Doswell, Alan Devonshire and Neil Smith. Like Garrard is also doing a great job. Well done to Boreham Wood on their excellent start to the season. All four clubs haven't been bankrolled and they keep giving it to the Prima Donnas of this league

Lance Stoe

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe
Anthony Limbrick is doing well as well. Well done Woking. A little surprised at how poorly Eastleigh and Fylde are doing but I'm sure they are too good not to be in the promotion shakeup. Oh, I nearly forgot about Dover. What a success story they are. Chris Kinnear keeps pulling rabbits out the hat. Well done to them. Guiseley, Solihull and Ebbsfleet. Keep on perservering and it will all bear results. Miss the likes of Braintree, Grays and Histon who should all have got promoted.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
Orient have had a result every relegated teams has at some point and they'll probably be others. Our was 4-0 away at Tamworth in October, which turned out to be Tilson's final game in charge. Although prior to that we lost 1-0 at Braintree on TV and managed to batter Kettering and lose 2-0. Not to mention drawing 0-0 at home to Carshalton in the FA Trophy and losing 3-1 at their place in the replay.

Coulda sworn Jeff said it was 30 last night.

Grimsby's was 5-0 at Braintree. That's got to top the lot.

Yeah, he did, from what I've been told, but it's definitely 27!

Was 20 at the end of the season, 3 unbeaten play off games and then 4 so far this season.

Remarkable either way. Not lost in the league in 2017 (last loss was Boxing Day) and not lost a home game since November when Maidenhead scored a late winner to win 3-2. Only home league game we lost last season as well.

Tranmerewhite

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Just back. That was awful. We have no cutting edge, no incisiveness. We had plenty of possession, but Guiseley had the best chances (albeit only one or two). I'm afraid to say that on evidence so far this season we don't look like a title winning side.
Guiseley didn't have a sniff all game. Cook missed an open goal, Dunn missed a one on one. Someone missed a header from 2 yards. Cook hit it straight at keeper from 12 yards. Your comment is just disappointment from a poor result.

In truth we dominated the game and should have won by a few goals. I'm not concerned at all and Tollitt is training with the first team again.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Grimsby's was 5-0 at Braintree. That's got to top the lot.
We got our revenge in our last game there though when Paul Hurst proved he was far too BIG and CLEVER for the Chuckle Cowley brothers.

Redbank

Reaction score
Supports
Dover athletic

We're an Andy Cook header off the bar vs Sutton away from being on 6 points and being unbeaten.

Best post I have read this season, Just look back over the years, and August more often than not throws up strange results all round , no just in the league but most leagues we have played just 4 games, we have yet to play a further 42,most teams have new players, some hit it off straight away, others need a bit of tinkering with , but August , we play on good pitches, and with fully fit players, in a couple of months players will being playing with knocks and bruises and injuries that they have not told their club about , because as players, they want to play , then the pitches get wetter, and some even get boggier, slowing down the pacey players, and further than that the cup matches kick which could lead to back log or games, yes its always good to get off to a good start, but in reality , its what happened in March and April that matters , 4 seasons back Dover collected about 8 points in their first 11 matches, and went on to finish 8tht took those 11 games to get the team set up to play in this league A Bristol Rovers fan said it took them10 games to get used to this league, they went through what Orient and Hartlepool are doing now, and they were pipped at the post by Barnet ,and went up first whack via the play off, Deep down we all know that the league table will look different come May

Last edited:

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
We got our revenge in our last game there though when Paul Hurst proved he was far too BIG and CLEVER for the Chuckle Cowley brothers.

I'm glad. Always did like Grimsby to be honest. Hope we get you in the Cup sometime, wouldn't mind another visit to BP.

simsini

Reaction score
Supports
Bromley FC
Needless to say, that was a fantastic performance last night. When we came up from the Conference South in 2015, Mark Goldberg needlessly gave a number of players two year contracts. Some of them weren't good enough and others such as Alex Wall, spent the whole time injured. We now have a team of footballers, not cloggers, and it is a joy to behold.

Leyton Orient turned out in huge numbers and it was the first time over 3,000 have been to a Bromley home game at this level. The Orient fans were signing 'You're only here for the Orient' at kick-off, yet many of them left as the fourth goal went in with nearly half an hour still remaining. Those that were still there in the away end (and there was no doubt some of their fans were in the home end too) after 90 minutes may have come for the Orient, but they stayed for the Ravens.

We played with a high tempo and pressured Orient high up the pitch, which they seemed to struggle with. George Elokobi put in one of the poorest performances I have seen considering he has played at a high level with Wolves and Forest. We still have physical players, but the pace and movement to hit teams like lightning on the counter attack will hurt far better teams than Orient this season. I am hugely optimistic that we will finish higher than 10th from last season and could be in the play-offs. Going full time has made a massive difference already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!