October 4th National League proper matches

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Was fearing for the worst tonight with Maynard, Jennings, Jennings, Hughes, Ihiekwe, Mekki, and Norwood all side lined. Not suprised by the result, whilst Tranmere's defence played well, the rest of the team didn't. Gateshead dominated the midfield.
Gary Brabin was right when he said the squad outside the first 11 isn't good enough.

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
York in serious danger of doing a Stockport do we think?
The way it's going, Stockport fans will be consoling themselves with the fact that 'at least they didn't do a York'.

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
I don't care who we play now after that performance, bring it on! Both Cassidy and Hylton are a big step up in class from what we've had available up to now. Their performances and goals gave everyone else in the team a huge lift and plenty of belief. Terrific team effort tonight.
Mom = Mr Sparky :D
Mid table here we come.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Wasn't at the game but by the stats shows you had 4 yellow cards to our 1? We aren't going to just let teams roll us over, sounded like a professional performance again. 5 wins away now at Torquay, Macc, Tranmere and now Wrexham which are not easy places to get points, (we can gloss over beating Woking).
I wouldn't take any notice of the card count the referee was absolutely awful. Waterfall should have been off (and should have given away a penalty) Rhead also should have been booked for a number of things. BUT that sort of behaviour is what teams who get promoted from this league do. We used to be an awful niggly team a few seasons ago when we went close a few times.

No complaints about the result either. We didn't do enough when we were on top, never looked like scoring whereas Lincoln didn't have many chances but were clinical when they came.

Hopefully all of Tranmeres team are out for Saturday or it will be another loss.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Our inability to defend set pieces is quite staggering. The number of goals we have conceded from them in the past four (?) years must be enormous.

Went 1-0 up in the 3rd minute. Great. Now push on and try and get more. Nope, sat back and waited for the equaliser to come. It did. Neither side really looked like they were going to win it - both probably terrified of losing. Then we lost it in the last minute to a goal from a corner. We were so, so poor on the ball tonight. Can't have been many times we put more than five passes together.

Bromley - Poor. They were there for the taking and will be around the bottom 8 this season. The setup at Hayes Lane is good though. Nice bar and food.

riverend 1

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athetic
3-1 win v Sutton , may sound convincing but it was more of a ground out result , Miller with 2 excellent strikes , the difference between the 2 teams, Sutton look good going forward , and had plenty of possession, but its goal that matter, The pitch end at the penalty spot when going forward

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Just back, good night out, got to see 45 minutes of football with four goals and then they did 45 minutes of training, some lovely triangles.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I wouldn't take any notice of the card count the referee was absolutely awful. Waterfall should have been off (and should have given away a penalty) Rhead also should have been booked for a number of things. BUT that sort of behaviour is what teams who get promoted from this league do. We used to be an awful niggly team a few seasons ago when we went close a few times.

No complaints about the result either. We didn't do enough when we were on top, never looked like scoring whereas Lincoln didn't have many chances but were clinical when they came.

Hopefully all of Tranmeres team are out for Saturday or it will be another loss.
Bit surprised what you say about the referee,Mr Bachelor, as he took charge of our game v Maidstone and was one of the better I've seen at this level. Maybe he struggles when sides don't want to play football.

We'll be able to field a stronger side against you. As to whether Carden can tactically outhink Mills, on yesterday's evidence,I'd be very doubtful.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
It wasn't pretty last night, and our victory probably owes as much to the deficiencies Sutton demonstrated than our good play.
Poor, in fact inept Sutton finishing, a goal that wasn't and an iffy penalty gave us the points to us on a plate. In fact, maybe because of Saturday who knows, but our defence which looked nervous from the kick off was in panic mode after the sending off and Sutton just couldn't take any advantage..............something for which we thank you.
Our midfield didn't cover themselves in glory over the ninety minutes either and the service they gave to Lafayette was poor, we are just lucky to have such a good finisher in the team even if at times he and Moses were left pretty isolated, something that gets more annoying with every game that passes
Maybe the sending could see a change Saturday, perhaps a more offensive formation, but I wouldn't bet on it, but hey three points was just what we needed after the weekend, so job done.............................just!

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
I have waited until this morning to post this as otherwise it may have seemed sour grapes in the heat of the moment. My problem is not with the fact we lost, FGR were a superb team going forward and their pace and movement was beautiful to watch, and even given later circumstances would probably have won if we'd have kept 11 men on the pitch, but when it is 10 against 12 we had no hope.

My issue is again with the 'referee', Mr Cuntantine Hatzidakis. In the last two seasons, he has reffed us six times. In those times he has managed to send off an Aldershot player in 5 of those matches, and remains I believe, the only National League ref to dismiss one of our players. Also, in the last 5 games he's been involved with Jake Gallagher, he's sent him off 4 times, twice for Welling, twice for us. The man simply isn't fit to referee football at this level. That said...

Forest Green were very good going forward, so much pace and movement it was impossible to deal with. First two goals had a hint of offside, I have no idea as I wasn't in a position to judge, so will wait for the highlights. After that though, it should have been 2-2 after 15 minutes as good going forward FGR are, their back four remains a shambles and will cost them points this year. First up Russell made a worldie of a save after a defensive mix up let Gallagher in, and then 5 minutes later same thing happened and Iffy Allen hit the bar when it was easier to score. Should have been 2-2 and a different game.

Was I was in a great position to see was the 'sending off' incident. Whilst we were setting up for a free kick, Murphy ran into Will Evans, and then went down screaming like a six year girls rolling around for effect. The ref didn't see it, but apparently the lino 65 yards away saw a kick somehow, told his mate and Evans was gone. As soon as the card was out Murphy was up and away, no physio needed and frankly, his part in the episode was a disgrace. Even speaking to the FGR photo guy afterwards he said it was embarrassing as it happened right in front of him.

After that we were never getting anything from the game, the third came after a clear foul on Kellerman which Cuntantine 'didn't see' and the fourth was a hideous deflection. After the second half was a non event training session, with FGR happy to play little triangles in their own half, and us happy to let them. Shocking considering that 2200 people had paid good money to get in and watch.

Like I said earlier, if we click then we'll rip Aldershot a new one like we did last year. We have and we are. :bdick:

You didn't need to click, you got plenty of help from the tit in black, booking our most effective midfielder after 4 minutes for an innocuous tackle in which he won the ball, but letting Bennett get away with booting our wingers all night until eventually he had to book him because it was getting beyond a joke.

FGR had possession for 7 minutes without Aldershot touching the ball apparently.

You clearly didn't go then, because if you did you would know this isn't true, and the claim is as ridiculous as it sounds.

All that said, all those off field staff from FGR were great people, a big thanks to the coaching staff who were totally respectful of our pitch and did all the warm-ups etc off the pitch to help protect it. They just seemed delighted we'd prepared a surface to play football, rather than leaving the grass a foot long like most clubs seem to. Good lads all. Also the directors we spoke afterwards, a good bunch even though we spent a good while searching for one their wives watch after she dropped it in the directors box, were very nice. We had a good chat about all things FGR, and we remarked what a good player Noble was. 'That's what 150 grand a year buys you' was the verbatim quote. Amazing how a good win and a bit of red wine loosens tongues...

Adam Erickson

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Can't fucking do this anymore, out with McNamara. Fucking c*** should fuck off back to Scotland, buy a one-way ticket seeing as he can't fucking afford round trip the fucking c*** fuck.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I have waited until this morning to post this as otherwise it may have seemed sour grapes in the heat of the moment. My problem is not with the fact we lost, FGR were a superb team going forward and their pace and movement was beautiful to watch, and even given later circumstances would probably have won if we'd have kept 11 men on the pitch, but when it is 10 against 12 we had no hope.

My issue is again with the 'referee', Mr Cuntantine Hatzidakis. In the last two seasons, he has reffed us six times. In those times he has managed to send off an Aldershot player in 5 of those matches, and remains I believe, the only National League ref to dismiss one of our players. Also, in the last 5 games he's been involved with Jake Gallagher, he's sent him off 4 times, twice for Welling, twice for us. The man simply isn't fit to referee football at this level. That said...

Forest Green were very good going forward, so much pace and movement it was impossible to deal with. First two goals had a hint of offside, I have no idea as I wasn't in a position to judge, so will wait for the highlights. After that though, it should have been 2-2 after 15 minutes as good going forward FGR are, their back four remains a shambles and will cost them points this year. First up Russell made a worldie of a save after a defensive mix up let Gallagher in, and then 5 minutes later same thing happened and Iffy Allen hit the bar when it was easier to score. Should have been 2-2 and a different game.

Was I was in a great position to see was the 'sending off' incident. Whilst we were setting up for a free kick, Murphy ran into Will Evans, and then went down screaming like a six year girls rolling around for effect. The ref didn't see it, but apparently the lino 65 yards away saw a kick somehow, told his mate and Evans was gone. As soon as the card was out Murphy was up and away, no physio needed and frankly, his part in the episode was a disgrace. Even speaking to the FGR photo guy afterwards he said it was embarrassing as it happened right in front of him.

After that we were never getting anything from the game, the third came after a clear foul on Kellerman which Cuntantine 'didn't see' and the fourth was a hideous deflection. After the second half was a non event training session, with FGR happy to play little triangles in their own half, and us happy to let them. Shocking considering that 2200 people had paid good money to get in and watch.

You didn't need to click, you got plenty of help from the tit in black, booking our most effective midfielder after 4 minutes for an innocuous tackle in which he won the ball, but letting Bennett get away with booting our wingers all night until eventually he had to book him because it was getting beyond a joke.

You clearly didn't go then, because if you did you would know this isn't true, and the claim is as ridiculous as it sounds.

All that said, all those off field staff from FGR were great people, a big thanks to the coaching staff who were totally respectful of our pitch and did all the warm-ups etc off the pitch to help protect it. They just seemed delighted we'd prepared a surface to play football, rather than leaving the grass a foot long like most clubs seem to. Good lads all. Also the directors we spoke afterwards, a good bunch even though we spent a good while searching for one their wives watch after she dropped it in the directors box, were very nice. We had a good chat about all things FGR, and we remarked what a good player Noble was. 'That's what 150 grand a year buys you' was the verbatim quote. Amazing how a good win and a bit of red wine loosens tongues...
Agree with your bit about the early exchanges, you were definitely alright going forward and could well have scored and changed the game. Did think one of ours had a suspicion of offside too, but then they were getting flagged on well-timed runs later so bit of a lottery. Wasn't looking at the red card incident, it was so far off the ball. Was told your lad had kicked out.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I think we're just a niggly team more than dirty, which is part and parcel of being quite an 'in your face' side and generally spending 90 minutes trying to nick the ball.

Pleased with the result, though. Sounded as though it was comfortable from when we scored our first goal although Wrexham seemed to start the game fairly well.

Downside to last night was illness to Bonne and injuries to Habergham, Rhead, Wood and Beevers and with Marriott and Miles already out, it might leave us light on numbers for the next game or two.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Don't like play acting full stop. Thought at the time that Rhys' behaviour was a bit embarrassing, but there you go, it's not like the Shots player wouldn't have done the same. Shame, didn't used to see that sort of thing in this league, but it's crept in.

Anyone know which directors travelled? It would surprise me if those in the know were spouting off the details of players contracts. 3k a week for Noble wouldn't shock me too much though, top players don't come cheap and that hardly seems extortionate anyway.

Whatever people say about the ref, truth is we were more then capable of battering Aldershot with or without help, our attacking play will be hard for anyone to deal with especially against more lightweight attacking sides who try and play themselves. Aldershot aren't a bad side tbf, definite top 10 maybe playoffs at a push, they need a couple of signings at the back though.

Last edited:

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Don't like play acting full stop. Thought at the time that Rhys' behaviour was a bit embarrassing, but there you go, it's not like the Shots player wouldn't have done the same. Shame, didn't used to see that sort of thing in this league, but it's crept in.

Anyone know which directors travelled? If it was just advisory board then it would surprise me if they know the details of players contracts. 3k a week for Noble wouldn't shock me too much though, top players don't come cheap and that hardly seems extortionate anyway.

Whatever people say about the ref, truth is we were more then capable of battering Aldershot with or without help, our attacking play will be hard for anyone to deal with especially against more lightweight attacking sides who try and play themselves. Aldershot aren't a bad side tbf, definite top 10 maybe playoffs at a push, they need a couple of signings at the back though.

Not sure who your directors were obviously, but the were a civil bunch. All older chaps with their wives, no sign of Mr Vince, but I don't think he's been back after he was refused entry to our boardroom a couple of years back.

We are light at the back, been saying it for a while, Arnold is a right back playing on the left and was going to get found out as soon as we played a decent team. You too though need to shore up the backline, even with 10 men we got behind you all too easily. Looking forward to the return in a month or so already.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Not sure who your directors were obviously, but the were a civil bunch. All older chaps with their wives, no sign of Mr Vince, but I don't think he's been back after he was refused entry to our boardroom a couple of years back.

We are light at the back, been saying it for a while, Arnold is a right back playing on the left and was going to get found out as soon as we played a decent team. You too though need to shore up the backline, even with 10 men we got behind you all too easily. Looking forward to the return in a month or so already.
Half of those were our usual cock-ups trying to play it out I thought, which will hopefully stop happening in the fullness of time. Not that you see these things from your own players but didn't see anything worse from Dale B than Arnold and a few of yours, bog standard non-league tussles and mis-times.

heedarmy

Reaction score
Supports
Gateshead
We are so frustrating, dropped 7 points to Torquay, Solihull & Ferriby at home then we go and beat Tranmere away. We need a goalscorer fast

FGRJC

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

4 clean sheets in a row, joint top goal difference, top of the league. I'm not worried..

Forza Imps

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
"Wrexham were the moral victors in what was a very tough game against a physical Lincoln side."

How many points do you get for a moral victory lads?

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
"Wrexham were the moral victors in what was a very tough game against a physical Lincoln side."

How many points do you get for a moral victory lads?
I think we deserved six for last nights entertainment :giphy:

FGRJC

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Just watched the interview with Gary waddock, that man has a lot of class, very good manager, but Aldershot fans what the bloody hell is that horn going off every 2 minutes??

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Ct9Xb3zW8AAMx0O.jpg

Walker isn't anywhere near the ball in this picture, it looked like it was even further in than that from where I was stood. Shocking decision really, not even bodies in the way or anything.

How has the linesman not seen that there is daylight between the post and ball?

GuiseleySteve

Reaction score
Supports
Guiseley AFC
Ct9Xb3zW8AAMx0O.jpg

Walker isn't anywhere near the ball in this picture, it looked like it was even further in than that from where I was stood. Shocking decision really, not even bodies in the way or anything.

How has the linesman not seen that there is daylight between the post and ball?
Shocking decision!

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Watched the game on BT Sport, thought that the young Southport keeper did very well to keep the scores level in the first half, not quite so lucky in the second when it must have been past his bedtime and he dozed off somewhat. I have to admit that I didn't expect Solihull to be quite that good, looking forward to our visit there in a few weeks time, but hoping the weather is kind as there doesn't look to be too much cover. Funny chant of the night, but not if you are a Southport fan, was "you're not fit to wear our shirts!"

Solihull were more than decent at Lincoln recently, well deserving of an away point.

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Just watched the interview with Gary waddock, that man has a lot of class, very good manager, but Aldershot fans what the bloody hell is that horn going off every 2 minutes??

Something on the railway line behind the ground probably...

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Aldershot's luck finally running out then. Or maybe they were just saving themselves for the FA Cup. Crucial they get to the third round with the money they're spending this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!