Sat 13 April fixtures

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Screenshot 2024-04-11 071839.png

I usually don't even notice the promotion fixtures, but even I have to admit that there are a couple of humdingers in there, Bolton v Pompey and Oxford v Posh.

Chelts v Bristol Rovers has been primarily noticeable in the build-up in terms of the amount of reverse trash-talk as to which team's the shittier, each side pointing out their many flaws with great gusto.

Fleetwood aren't quite mathematically down yet but have little margin for error v Northampton, their max no. of points is 46 and Burton and Vale are already on 40, so the trapdoor is creaking open.

We go in to a run of 4 away games, Sat-Tues Sat-Tues, with the fun kicking off at Shrews on Saturday.

We are *still* not mathematically safe, though it would take a fairly odd turn of events for us to bag that hotly-fought for drop spot.

Anyway, I expect the Shrews game to be the usual midfield slog and STFC keeping it tight at the back, the kind of team we usually struggle to break down with our limited goalscoring power. Happy with a draw here.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Huge game at Bolton. So much riding on it for both teams after Derby's slip up last night.

A win for us means promotion and the title. A win for the Trotters would likely make them favourites for auto promotion. They follow this with two very winnable home games, ending with a trip to Peterborough who may be resting players if they haven't been immaculate in their intervening four fixtures. A draw suits everyone but Bolton.

So many permutations and twists and turns left.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
In their infinite wisdom, the board have given blocks 6, 7 and 8 of the Colin Farmer to Rovers to give them a larger support rather than selling those blocks to our own fans to, you know, try and garner more support for our own team.

When there's not much to play for, I get it, but not when we need as many home fans in the ground as possible.

Anyway - play like we did on Tuesday and the first halves against Orient and Exeter and Rovers will destroy us. If we can get up for the game like we did second half against Exeter then we have a chance. I'm not betting on the latter.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Stevenage away.
3-0 defeat.
Nailed on.
Until we sack him / we go down.
Get rid now, and we can stay up. It’s that simple.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Stevenage away.
3-0 defeat.
Nailed on.
Until we sack him / we go down.
Get rid now, and we can stay up. It’s that simple.

I’ve got to be honest I’m amazed you haven’t pulled the trigger on it. You can tell when someone is just out of their depth. Your owner seems to be rather slow to act on things just like ours though for all the good they both do off the field.

We basically need to win by whatever means necessary. A draw may just be passable but then it puts extra pressure on us to beat Wycombe and Cambridge which we don’t really want. It was pretty chastening last night to see us get so throughly dominated like that so am hoping for a response. I was fine with the ultra defensive approach but the passing and first touch of some of our players was pub league standard so that needs to be better.

Last edited:

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
I’ve got to be honest I’m amazed you haven’t pulled the trigger on it. You can tell when someone is just out of their depth. Your owner seems to be rather slow to act on things just like ours though for all the good they both do off the field.

We basically need to win by whatever means necessary. A draw may just be passable but then it puts extra pressure on us to beat Wycombe and Cambridge which we don’t really want. It was pretty chastening last night to see us get so throughly dominated like that so am hoping for a response. I was fine with the ultra defensive approach but the passing and first touch of some of our players was pub league standard so that needs to be better.
Like going to the dentist, it will all be over soon…
Then you can relax. And enjoy the summer and the euros.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Wellens said on Tuesday that We’ve got a load of injuries and illness to our midfield and forward line - Brandon Cooper at centre half is now out, Jack Simpson has only just started playing again so not sure if he can do two in a week yet.

Will be a minor miracle if we get anything, we’ll need to take our chances if we get any.

Sold around 1500 for what will be our first visit to Pride Park and probably last for a few more years. At least we can enjoy the day out.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That's my thoughts. I've made peace with it either way. Even if we do escape, we can't go on like this....we'll be rock bottom next year. The club needs this summer to figure out what it wants to be and where it wants to go. Peterborough, Rotherham, Plymouth, Stevenage....we should research what these clubs have done and how they did it. OK Rotherham have had a shitter but you can bet they'll be battling for promotion next year. They, along with the other clubs mentioned are of a similar ilk to us but have been infinitely more successful. We're never going to compete with the Derby's and Bolton's of this world (unless we had a stint in the Premier League), but we should at least be competitive. Last night showed how far away we are....it was like an FA Cup tie between a non league side and a premier league side.

Win on Saturday....we have to. A draw just puts pressure on the next 3. We ain't getting anything at Bolton.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
In their infinite wisdom, the board have given blocks 6, 7 and 8 of the Colin Farmer to Rovers to give them a larger support rather than selling those blocks to our own fans to, you know, try and garner more support for our own team.

When there's not much to play for, I get it, but not when we need as many home fans in the ground as possible.

Anyway - play like we did on Tuesday and the first halves against Orient and Exeter and Rovers will destroy us. If we can get up for the game like we did second half against Exeter then we have a chance. I'm not betting on the latter.
We couldn't destroy a sandcastle at the moment. Which is quite apt as most of the players are already on the beach...

Check these quotes from Reading fans:

"First half was pretty much all us. Rovers barely had a sniff. "
"Good noise from the Reading lot, not a peep out of Rovers, but they were pretty dreadful."
"first half we were completely dominant and the only surprises were that it took until the 45th minute for a 2nd goal to arrive"
"Rovers are totally on the beach."
"Rovers are playing this as if its a pre-season friendly."

They celebrated like they won the Champions league though, the cheating mongs. I can forgive Cheltenham for doing the same as your situation is a lot worse and you abide by the rules.

Last edited:

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
On paper, it's our turn to have the easier game as opposed to Oxford at Burton last week.

It's a huge game really, one we need to be winning to either keep up with Oxford to leap them into 6th ahead of our game against each other on Tuesday.

We've got a few bumps and bruises with Bishop likely to be out but Mandroiu is back. House went off injured at Reading but nothing has been said about him so I'm assuming he's ok.

Pretty much a sell-out in the home ends again.

AmberAndy

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Big game against Charlton on Saturday, reflected in a crowd that is very close to a complete sell out home and away. Hoping we can do enough to get the win and pretty much put the season to bed, but it’s going to be tough, as they are on a good run, albeit with lots of draws. A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world, but would mean we would realistically need something from our visit to the Mem on Tuesday night. We need to be positive and go for the win against Charlton and hope the lack of a midweek game this week plays in our favour. COYU

Throbber_for_Dunk

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge
Big game against Charlton on Saturday, reflected in a crowd that is very close to a complete sell out home and away. Hoping we can do enough to get the win and pretty much put the season to bed, but it’s going to be tough, as they are on a good run, albeit with lots of draws. A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world, but would mean we would realistically need something from our visit to the Mem on Tuesday night. We need to be positive and go for the win against Charlton and hope the lack of a midweek game this week plays in our favour. COYU

Don't think they're beachy enough for a win, draw would be fine. We've had a whole string of results around us go in our favour, so we're due the opposite at some point. Any points we can chalk up can be beneficial. Equally, 3 points should probably be enough, so it must be tantalising.

Suspect set up will be similar, May will score, an it'll be a pretty good game.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots

Not going to lie mate, whatever happens with Vale as soon as the cricket season kicks into full gear they and football in general can fuck right off. I’m looking forward to it. Have experienced four relegations in my time supporting Vale and if this is the fifth one it’s the one I’m most at peace with. I’ll just be glad this miserable season is over.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Fleetwood away. Hopefully we can pick up a result just to keep some positive momentum going for next year, Fleetwood obviously in trouble with just the one win in twelve. We should be going there really positively and attack them, from being on the beach we seem to have snapped out of that mentality in the last few weeks.

1-2 Cobblers

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Not going to lie mate, whatever happens with Vale as soon as the cricket season kicks into full gear they and football in general can fuck right off. I’m looking forward to it. Have experienced four relegations in my time supporting Vale and if this is the fifth one it’s the one I’m most at peace with. I’ll just be glad this miserable season is over.
Agreed. Although you are far from down, but it’s the hope that kills you..
Strangely I am more nervous about Lichfield in the play offs after they blew the league title and give it to congleton. Not even my first team. There is something special about may- august where you do not have to get worked up over football and check flash scores every day for other teams results.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Don't think they're beachy enough for a win, draw would be fine. We've had a whole string of results around us go in our favour, so we're due the opposite at some point. Any points we can chalk up can be beneficial. Equally, 3 points should probably be enough, so it must be tantalising.

Don't really expect us to be beachy at all the rest of the season as we will be eager to finish 14th or higher to avoid the embarrassment of our worst finish since 1926. Jones is still working his magic with the squad but we still have a stinker of a display in us which has happened a fair few times in this unbeaten run, so the game is definitely winnable for you.

We sold out our allocation quickly and I think a lot of that was people hoping to be able to give Lyle some abuse. It's a shame he isn't playing. I don't really want Cambridge to go down but would have been very bittersweet beating a team with Lyle in.

For the sake of some confidence going into summer and next season we could really do with turning some of these draws into wins, but I will take drawing every game the rest of the season just to stay unbeaten. Chuks Aneke will have a boost in confidence after scoring against Wigan, expect him to cause havoc in your defence when he comes on around the 65th min. 14 games played for him this season and 0 losses, he makes such a difference.

gijsbert_bos

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
On paper, it's our turn to have the easier game as opposed to Oxford at Burton last week.

It's a huge game really, one we need to be winning to either keep up with Oxford to leap them into 6th ahead of our game against each other on Tuesday.

We've got a few bumps and bruises with Bishop likely to be out but Mandroiu is back. House went off injured at Reading but nothing has been said about him so I'm assuming he's ok.

Pretty much a sell-out in the home ends again.
Yep, ideally we need to beat Wigan and hope Pish do us a favour against Oxford. I feel dirty rooting for Pish, but needs must...

Would be nice if Barnsley lost as well. They're on a dreadful run of form at the minute and, having been almost assured of a playoff place not long ago, are now on shaky ground.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
This week has dragged on far too much for my liking.

Get me to Bolton, let's finish this.

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united

You mean Adam obviously yeah!!

KTF.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Wycombe (H)

I’m confident of getting at least a point from this given Wycombe played both Sunday and Wednesday this week and us having a free week. A point would be fine to keep us ticking over and knocking down the games but a win here will complete our season I would imagine once and for all. Fatigue will hopefully play a part to our advantage and think it will.

Salop 2-0 Wycombe

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
We don’t like Blackpool much at Carlisle so for all it’s been an awful season if we could put the final nail in their play off attempt it would at least be something

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Big game for us, biggest of the season thus far really, three weeks ago I expected we'd be relegated in this fixture but here we are...

Its been a good couple of weeks for us, Burton and Cheltenham not getting points and us ticking 7 off but means nothing if we dont finish the job.

A win here would give us a great chance to do that.

Exeter are in form though, in fairness they looked dead and buried when we beat them in December but credit to Cauldwell he has turned them around, we've had some good battles and should be another, our need is greater so the minimum has to be the effort and desire.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Big game for us, biggest of the season thus far really, three weeks ago I expected we'd be relegated in this fixture but here we are...

Its been a good couple of weeks for us, Burton and Cheltenham not getting points and us ticking 7 off but means nothing if we dont finish the job.

A win here would give us a great chance to do that.

Exeter are in form though, in fairness they looked dead and buried when we beat them in December but credit to Cauldwell he has turned them around, we've had some good battles and should be another, our need is greater so the minimum has to be the effort and desire.
To be fair you went one place ahead of us and we were only on 20th then! We had our chances but a silly sending off from Aimson was a low point for us this season.
I don't think there will be more than 5 or 6 of our players from then playing tomorrow, but still think he is likely to make some changes as we have injuries and a few he won't play because they won't be here next season. Don't think we have a number 9 for a start.
I will be there, noted that we've only sold 300 tickets which is half of the amount that went to Orient in midweek, but a few may decide to go on the day.
From this end it will be nice to watch a game without too.much stress..

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
I'll take a draw tomorrow. As much as I want to, I just do not trust this group of players to dig out a performance. We are far, far too soft.

Equally, if they really fancy it they'll pull off a positive result. But I fear our best hope is Lincoln losing...

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
To be fair you went one place ahead of us and we were only on 20th then! We had our chances but a silly sending off from Aimson was a low point for us this season.
I don't think there will be more than 5 or 6 of our players from then playing tomorrow, but still think he is likely to make some changes as we have injuries and a few he won't play because they won't be here next season. Don't think we have a number 9 for a start.
I will be there, noted that we've only sold 300 tickets which is half of the amount that went to Orient in midweek, but a few may decide to go on the day.
We've a number 9 you can have!

You had chances certainly but both sides were in dire form, we actually picked up from that before Arblaster went... then Devine and we nose dived... mad to think we were top 2 in September!

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Sounds like you might play one or two youngsters and a few that haven't had much game time. This is the sort of game we fuck up.

If you bring 400, that's pretty creditable considering it's essentially a glorified friendly for you. Exeter is a fucker of a trek to be honest.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Sounds like you might play one or two youngsters and a few that haven't had much game time. This is the sort of game we fuck up.

If you bring 400, that's pretty creditable considering it's essentially a glorified friendly for you. Exeter is a fucker of a trek to be honest.
Just over three hours, a doddle!
It was Vale or Northampton, lesser of two evils

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Massive game for both ourselves and Bolton tomorrow.

The fact that it's a must win for them while we have another 3 shots at securing promotion and/or the title means i slightly favour Bolton to win.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Fleetwood away. Hopefully we can pick up a result just to keep some positive momentum going for next year, Fleetwood obviously in trouble with just the one win in twelve. We should be going there really positively and attack them, from being on the beach we seem to have snapped out of that mentality in the last few weeks.

1-2 Cobblers
You've had a really good season mate and must be well pleased by how it's gone. Afraid we've slumped again after a somewhat decent spell a few weeks ago. It will be nice to see us score, a draw is useless so on the basis hope springs eternal we will find a win from somewhere. Of course it's only prolonging the agony.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yorkshire Amber
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!