Sat 9 March fixtures

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It's so frustrating. Shrews had literally two chances and scored them both. It made me realise why we released Benning, thought he was awful.

We just can't defend, so literally the two chances they have, they score. Ripley was a virtual spectator otherwise. You simply can't give teams a 2 goal headstart.

We needed to score immediately after the 1st goal, as we had some momentum. Once 10 minutes had passed, they killed it with the usual time wasting. Thought the red was overly fussy but didn't contribute to the result.

As you said, over two games probably the worst team we have played but we've lost 4-2 on aggregate. A bit like Lincoln the other week, we couldn't have wished to have played a better side to get 3 points off. It's a sad reflection of our season.

We're down now. No way back from this.
Shrewsbury gave up 4 or 5 glorious chances for us today but we’ve taken one. We’ve only ourselves to blame again, but we’ve had plenty of winnable games and no better off, when we fail to win Tuesday it will be 3 wins in 6 months, (all three in a 3 week period so we’ve endured 5 winless months). How Flitcroft is still in position is baffling, summed up now that our youth striker has more goals and assists than his stellar summer striker signing (Ryan Loft) that we’d been chasing for weeks.

Got to do the basics defensively as well, first corner was because we overplayed in our own corner, but defend it, second one again second ball, that’s four corners we’ve conceded off in a few games that I can recall. Diabolical.

Tangerine_tart

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
Shrewsbury gave up 4 or 5 glorious chances for us today but we’ve taken one. We’ve only ourselves to blame again, but we’ve had plenty of winnable games and no better off, when we fail to win Tuesday it will be 3 wins in 6 months, (all three in a 3 week period so we’ve endured 5 winless months). How Flitcroft is still in position is baffling, summed up now that our youth striker has more goals and assists than his stellar summer striker signing (Ryan Loft) that we’d been chasing for weeks.

Got to do the basics defensively as well, first corner was because we overplayed in our own corner, but defend it, second one again second ball, that’s four corners we’ve conceded off in a few games that I can recall. Diabolical.
Looks like that's it for Vale . A real shame because you travel in numbers and deserve league 1 football after all the hardship with ownership. Hopefully you'll bounce back first time. Massive rebuild needed .

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Looks like that's it for Vale . A real shame because you travel in numbers and deserve league 1 football after all the hardship with ownership. Hopefully you'll bounce back first time. Massive rebuild needed .
I'm relatively hopeful. There have been times this season where we have outplayed teams but lost. We were the better team against Pompey at their place first half, the better team against Bolton second half at our place, we battered Shrewsbury at their place...the stats were ridiculous but we lost all 3 games. Keep the best 3 or 4, add in a lower league goalscorer and a couple of leaders and you've got the makings of a league 2 promotion side. I just don't trust Flitcroft to be the person to build that side. I actually think it would be a pretty easy recruitment job, and Darren Moore would get one of the biggest budgets in the league surely....we need to get rid of the tossers responsible for this season though first.

Tangerine_tart

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
I'm relatively hopeful. There have been times this season where we have outplayed teams but lost. We were the better team against Pompey at their place first half, the better team against Bolton second half at our place, we battered Shrewsbury at their place...the stats were ridiculous but we lost all 3 games. Keep the best 3 or 4, add in a lower league goalscorer and a couple of leaders and you've got the makings of a league 2 promotion side. I just don't trust Flitcroft to be the person to build that side. I actually think it would be a pretty easy recruitment job, and Darren Moore would get one of the biggest budgets in the league surely....we need to get rid of the tossers responsible for this season though first.
That's your biggest asset . Moore with his own players next season. I'd have loved him to come here . A respected lower league manager. You'll be back .

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Took a point before the match. Another awful ref again. Rhodes v harsh red, but Norborn tackle on Lang was more than a yellow. Hit the post a few times. But 2 points a game is still good going. Another 2 injuries today with our first choice LB getting injured v Oxford and 2nd choice going off with blood pouring from his ankle.. Never known so a side getting players injured in games.

Tangerine_tart

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
Took a point before the match. Another awful ref again. Rhodes v harsh red, but Norborn tackle on Lang was more than a yellow. Hit the post a few times. But 2 points a game is still good going. Another 2 injuries today with our first choice LB getting injured v Oxford and 2nd choice going off with blood pouring from his ankle.. Never known so a side getting players injured in games.
Cheers to that . Your fans made for a decent atmosphere. All the best mate . Enjoy promotion when it comes.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That's your biggest asset . Moore with his own players next season. I'd have loved him to come here . A respected lower league manager. You'll be back .
Be a big test, there is some quality in the squad if we can keep them and the youth lads are showing real promise so should prosper down there, we came up a year too early really and we’ve never recovered from a slow window that summer and putting things right off the field that still needed investment.

If we can hold on to Ripley, Clark, Garrity and Chislett, possibly keep Wilson and Smith who are proven at L2 level with the kids and go from there. Debrah

Ojo would probably be the stand out midfielder at league two level, a real class above but he’s pretty much downed tools since Crosby went and admitted he had thrown a tantrum after his sacking on radio!! So he can go for me!

It’s a huge summer for Flitcroft, he should be gone but won’t be, he can’t afford another failure, the only hope is he got it right in L2 last time.

If Wrexham and Stockport can go up, Mansfield ironically will so get rid of MK or Gillingham and the spending power of L2 won’t be as tough I guess so will be there to attack for most sides.

Tangerine_tart

Reaction score
Supports
Blackpool
Be a big test, there is some quality in the squad if we can keep them and the youth lads are showing real promise so should prosper down there, we came up a year too early really and we’ve never recovered from a slow window that summer and putting things right off the field that still needed investment.

If we can hold on to Ripley, Clark, Garrity and Chislett, possibly keep Wilson and Smith who are proven at L2 level with the kids and go from there. Debrah

Ojo would probably be the stand out midfielder at league two level, a real class above but he’s pretty much downed tools since Crosby went and admitted he had thrown a tantrum after his sacking on radio!! So he can go for me!

It’s a huge summer for Flitcroft, he should be gone but won’t be, he can’t afford another failure, the only hope is he got it right in L2 last time.

If Wrexham and Stockport can go up, Mansfield ironically will so get rid of MK or Gillingham and the spending power of L2 won’t be as tough I guess so will be there to attack for most sides.
That's what I was thinking . The league below will be significantly weaker if the teams you mentioned go up. You'll be among the favourites with Bradford and Carlisle. You must be scratching your head as to why you are in this position.

I've been looking through the statistics of your last 10 matches . The only match you looked to have been completely dominated by was by Fleetwood at home.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth

Dream on. Why would you get the biggest budget in the league?

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Hard to have any hope now. Players dropping like flies, refs giving us absolutely fuck all and conceding goals after the 85th minute as if it's going out of fashion.

The first half was quite even today, but Oxford scored a few seconds before the half-time whistle because we let their attacker have all the time in the World in our penalty area. Second half we dominate and finally get the goal our dominance deserves, only to collapse immediately from the restart. The winner was a real kick in the teeth, but we couldn't reset at all after equalising and it all just seemed like a big panic.

Joe Nuttall should never kick a ball in a Cheltenham shirt again - don't get me wrong, he tried, but he is fucking useless.

We can still get out of it, but it's really hard to see how we do now.

EDIT: Oh yeah - my son still hasn't seen us win away.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That's what I was thinking . The league below will be significantly weaker if the teams you mentioned go up. You'll be among the favourites with Bradford and Carlisle. You must be scratching your head as to why you are in this position.

I've been looking through the statistics of your last 10 matches . The only match you looked to have been completely dominated by was by Fleetwood at home.
We were fine against Fleetwood first half and tried to sit back on a 2-0 second but as usual didn’t despite only having minutes to play.

We don’t defend well enough, we’ve not really conceded a “good goal” in ages, they all seem to be errors at the back, any cross into the box we are like a Vampire and brick it!

Bunkers to think we were top for 20 minutes in September.

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Shrewsbury were awful. We deserved to win but Garrity misses a sitter, Wilson forces the keeper into a save when it was easier to score, Debrah somehow has a header bounce off the goalkeeper when he knew absolutely nothing about it whatsoever... don't think Ripley has done much all afternoon. Poor marking for the first and the second was clearly offside but who gives a fuck at this point? Thought Benning played well. He's better than Jones and Grant all day long.

Referee was solid for 35 minutes and then his head fell off and he was absolutely diabolical for BOTH sides - some proper strange decisions given.

Shrewsbury's following was pathetic but to be expected. However, I thought they were absolutely terrific. One of the most vocal bunches we've had all season at VP. A brilliant variety of songs, great noise and seemed to really enjoy their day. Fair play to them. Impressed.

Can't wait to see 150 Crawley, Harrogate and Accrington fans again next season. The joys.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Hard to have any hope now. Players dropping like flies, refs giving us absolutely fuck all and conceding goals after the 85th minute as if it's going out of fashion.

The first half was quite even today, but Oxford scored a few seconds before the half-time whistle because we let their attacker have all the time in the World in our penalty area. Second half we dominate and finally get the goal our dominance deserves, only to collapse immediately from the restart. The winner was a real kick in the teeth, but we couldn't reset at all after equalising and it all just seemed like a big panic.

Joe Nuttall should never kick a ball in a Cheltenham shirt again - don't get me wrong, he tried, but he is fucking useless.

We can still get out of it, but it's really hard to see how we do now.

EDIT: Oh yeah - my son still hasn't seen us win away.
Dominance? Christ, I know we weren’t great but if that’s Cheltenham dominating you’re in big, big trouble.

Ironically if there was a claim to dominating any period of the game you were better in the first 15-20 minutes or so than any other period. I genuinely can’t recall Cheltenham doing anything second half other than the goal and a run by Thomas, so dominating the second half might be quite a leap!

We essentially won by being less shit and actually bothering to attack once it looked like we might not win.

On a side note, Luke Southwood looked excellent, as did Jordan Thomas when he came on. I hadn’t realised he used to play for Didcot Town.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Dream on. Why would you get the biggest budget in the league?
You're a complete knob but I enjoy educating you. Our owner has just had £180 million investment into her company. We were in the top 6 budgets last time we were in league 2. We're averaging around 7-8k crowds this season, which would easily be in the top 6 of a potential league 2 next year minus some of the teams that are likely to get promoted. If we were doing well, we might get more.

We've got a really thriving corporate section. There's a waiting list on suites. We sell a ridiculous amount of shirts. Our away followings are ridiculous when compared to our home crowd...even this season when we've been absolute dog dirt. Our stadium is started to be used every day of the week for something.

Moore is on 250k per year....we're not going to give him fuck all to spend.

Stop thinking that your club is huge. It's a biggish club in this league, but as I've stated time and time again, you have zero knowledge of the history of your club. You spent a couple of years in the greedy league and it's gone to your head. You were regularly playing at Vale's level and sometimes below. I'd expect this sort of talk from a Derby or Sunderland fan but you're an average sized club in the grand scheme of things. Bigger than us? Yes of course, but average in the football pyramid.

Now get to bed, it's way past your bedtime.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
You're a complete knob but I enjoy educating you. Our owner has just had £180 million investment into her company. We were in the top 6 budgets last time we were in league 2. We're averaging around 7-8k crowds this season, which would easily be in the top 6 of a potential league 2 next year minus some of the teams that are likely to get promoted. If we were doing well, we might get more.

We've got a really thriving corporate section. There's a waiting list on suites. We sell a ridiculous amount of shirts. Our away followings are ridiculous when compared to our home crowd...even this season when we've been absolute dog dirt. Our stadium is started to be used every day of the week for something.

Moore is on 250k per year....we're not going to give him fuck all to spend.

Stop thinking that your club is huge. It's a biggish club in this league, but as I've stated time and time again, you have zero knowledge of the history of your club. You spent a couple of years in the greedy league and it's gone to your head. You were regularly playing at Vale's level and sometimes below. I'd expect this sort of talk from a Derby or Sunderland fan but you're an average sized club in the grand scheme of things. Bigger than us? Yes of course, but average in the football pyramid.

Now get to bed, it's way past your bedtime.
Why do u keep mentioning about the size of our club? Do you get off on it? I think you must have an inferiority complex. I suggest you go look in the mirror and give yourself a stern talking too you sad little cnut.

Randolph Haggerty

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I’m not as confident about next season.
This team finishes bottom 5 next year, quite a few are under contract .
I’ll be happy if we’re still in with a shout of staying up this time next year.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Why do u keep mentioning about the size of our club? Do you get off on it? I think you must have an inferiority complex. I suggest you go look in the mirror and give yourself a stern talking too you sad little cnut.
It's because you constantly belittle us as though you are Real Madrid. You're a proper fucking weapon.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Another largely frustrating afternoon in front of goal for ourselves, dominate possession for large parts of the first half but don't really test the Wigan backline too often with our final ball/shot - we just over play too much at times.

Galbraith stupidly gets himself sent off which changes the game.

Second half Wellens decided to go 5-4-0 which Wigan struggled to break us down, but we had no real out ball and after a few subs Wigan made the spare man count from a quickly taken short corner.

We rallied and put some pressure on but failed to find a clear chance.

I have to say I thought Wigan for most of the game were poor, but they created one clear chance and took it.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
In fairness, Exeter is a ridiculous place to get to from us, or indeed anyone. Other, more accessible places we do travel pretty well.
It's just over three hours. For us, that's a doddle. Already got my tickets for Vale Park next month

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I agree the Jordan Rhodes red looked very harsh. It's one of those moments when nobody in the ground even expects a red until the ref reveals it like a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

Blackpool were on top at the time. After that they were well organised defensively and we couldn't break through, despite hitting the woodwork three times. Would have taken a point beforehand though so there you are. Not much harm done after Barnsley's melt down and Bolton's dropped points.

It really dawned on me yesterday just how much Mousinho has had to change our style of play due to our crazy injury situation. For details, see this article from 8th Feb https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/...e-odds-in-league-one-promotion-battle-4510386 Since then we've also now lost Ogilvie, Lowery and more than likely Lang and Sparkes after today. All our ball-retaining midfielders other than Pack have disappeared so it's noticeable how we struggle to control the midfield like we were first half of the season.

So it's no surprise really that we're not impressing our opponents. However, it is surprising that Mousinho is still getting good results.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
I am not going to Cambridge, seen us away 5 or 6 times this season and we have lost them all so going to stay away to do my bit for the team. Would like to see some rotation in certain areas, our LB has been getting cooked for weeks but sadly everyone else that can play there is injured, definitely an area Cambridge should target.

Think both teams will score tomorrow. Despite our lack of fluidity at the moment we still seem to score, will go for a 1-1 draw, low on quality all around.

Pretty much exactly what happened. Conceded from a chance created our left hand side and the game finished 1-1.

I didnt expect a huge amount from Cambridge considering Monk has only just been appointed but thought outside of the goal they were pretty poor (goal looked well worked). Second half felt like it was very much us in control and thought the leveller was the least we deserved without creating too many clear cut chances.

50 points for us with 9 games left, delighted with our first season back in L1.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Got to say . We were soundly beaten yesterday by the best side that has come to the Mem. Also the support they were given was very loud.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It's just over three hours. For us, that's a doddle. Already got my tickets for Vale Park next month
Don’t think you’ve ever had to camp outside the Exeter ticket office overnight for Vale away though! Like we have… actually leave it il start reminiscing about the good times!

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Still unsure what happened in the second half yesterday. Whatever Caldwell said to the players at half time, say it to them before every game. Was the best we’ve played in a long time, think it’s more frustrating than anything, knowing we can play like that.

Bolton looked decent first half, and just didn’t show up second half. But they always did have that threat that they’d score again at some point.

Coleman is terrible too. Think I’d have done a better job in goal.

Maghoma is a serious player too. Every time Bolton got the ball, he either had it or wanted it and looked to go forward at every opportunity.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Don’t think you’ve ever had to camp outside the Exeter ticket office overnight for Vale away though! Like we have… actually leave it il start reminiscing about the good times!
Not recently, we have the Internet down here!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Not recently, we have the Internet down here!
Well ironically that is what finally pushed the change for the online ticketing! Not like we are not owned by a massive internet company of course!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!