Saturday 23rd September 2023

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Can’t comment, maybe the ref was bored of the 3 or 4 dives in the area by barrow looking for penalties which should’ve warranted yellows.

Probably one of those of where the boy that cried wolf.
see post 179....

Cloudy

Reaction score
Supports
Borrusia
Being 2 down and winning 2-3 is a nice start to my evening.

Nice for Orsi to get the winner against his old club.

Our defence seems to be as leaky as ... what are those things ... a colander.

Got a feeling we may have got lucky but you take a win all day every day.

Casey
Orsi is a handful, works hard as you say, not a player that is going to be a starter for a top 3 side imho but pleased he is getting game time in the League for the first time.
Grimsby should have been 2 up before they scored but in the 2nd half I didn’t think either side did enough to deserve the 3 points. Then along come Danilo.

Probably should have been 3 penalties but the ref was usual league two standard.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
For the 4th time in 8 league games our opponents have had a player red carded. We do struggle at times v 10 but should have seen that out. Morecambe look a real tidy team tbh.

Still, got to love remaining unbeaten and only 4 points off top with a game in hand.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Wrexham had a habit of randomly conceding loads of goals in games, even under current tenure. Obviously kicked the habit last season, but it's crept back in seemingly. That's a shocker today. Is that new Sloth from Goonies lookalike at the back a bit shit?

AnotherStagsFan

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
At least Wrexham will improve defensively when Mullin is back.

Reactions: PuB

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Ughhhh an end to end game that could have gone either way really but to lose it in injury time to a player we sacked off definitely makes it a more bitter pill to swallow. Could have and should have been 3-3, but the Crawley keeper has made a superb point blank save at the death. Fair play to Orsi though, I always liked him and he didn't get a fair crack of the whip here last season.

Very frustrating that we were cruising and then a mishit cross goes in and they're back in the match. We've not been getting these kind of breaks much this season. Conceded a freak goal at Notts that cost points, Bradford scoring with their only shot that cost points...feel like the only match so far we've got something we didn't deserve has been Mansfield at home. Would be nice to get some raggy points on the board. Not taking anything away from Crawley though, they played some good stuff and any side coming back from 2-0 down to win away from home deserves the points. My frustration isn't aimed at them at, it's purely at us.

We've gone from being 1-0 up in the 89th minute at Bradford and 2nd in the league to not hanging on to that and then suffering back to back defeats shipping 6 goals in the process and are in 17th now. What could have been a decent start is now a relatively poor one.

We've gone from being a limited team that had more nerve and bottle than the rest of the division last season to a side that now has more technical ability but can't hold onto a match. We need to find that middle ground and stop throwing matches and points away.

Last edited:

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
I thought our mobile forward line would cause Wrexham problems and it proved. Tozer is surely only in for the long throws, he was terrible. The long throw tactic is there as a weapon but I wonder whether it actually disrupts Wrexham more than it helps them on some occasions. Every throw in 40 yards or closer to goal and he's there. And it seemed pointless him trudging over when they were like 4 0 down.

Wrexham's capitulation was stark.

When you consider we have Powell, Wootton, Hippolyte, Camps, Rydel, Stretton all out it shows what we have in the squad. Theoretically we should only get better but doesn't always work like that.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I thought our mobile forward line would cause Wrexham problems and it proved. Tozer is surely only in for the long throws, he was terrible. The long throw tactic is there as a weapon but I wonder whether it actually disrupts Wrexham more than it helps them on some occasions. Every throw in 40 yards or closer to goal and he's there. And it seemed pointless him trudging over when they were like 4 0 down.

When you consider we have Powell, Wootton, Hippolyte, Camps, Rydel, Stretton all out it shows what we have in the squad. Theoretically we should only get better but doesn't always work like that.

Can echo that, we’ve so many players out who’d potentially start it’s unreal, but it keep prodding and keep going is what you need, will be a long hard season for everyone.

Again the table can’t be taken seriously until the clocks change, but always better to get yourself off to a good start.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
You were saying?

:fish:

Casey
They looked dangerous from every corner and long throw and we rode our luck.

What I didn’t realise is how weak they’d be against our pace and movement up top.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County

Add Byrne and Knoyle to the list as well.

Only missing eight today was probably the best our unavailable list has looked for a few weeks. Of course Pye goes off injured today so we’re back up to nine.

We’re screwed if Croasdale gets injured for any significant period and that’s completely our own doing.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Got away with one massively against Colchester. We were excellent first 10 minutes and after we went 2 up it looked like it'd be a one sided bloodbath in the first half hour. Every time we went forward we looked like we were gonna score. Then as soon as Colchester hit the post against the run of play at the time, we just turned into a team hanging on for the rest of the game.

We've won so I'm grateful for the points but so much wrong with yesterday. I thought Adebisi and Williams kept giving the ball away for fun at times and the midfield was absolutely poor. But my biggest criticism is reserved for the management. What were they thinking with those substitutions? Some of the worst subs I've ever seen from any manager at this club. That's not a game you bring on Charlie Finney and Owen Lunt in with Ryan Cooney and Aaron Rowe on the bench. Tracey I accept was always coming off after an hour today but get a like for like replacement on for him. Every time we made a sub we looked more and more lightweight and were easily overrun by Colchester as a result. The tactics were abysmal as well. Constantly standing off Colchester rather than pressing them. Apart from Long and CBR, none of the players were interested in pressing yesterday which is a major concern as better teams will punish us for it. And when we were under the cosh, Bell deciding to go 5 at the back when we were already getting over-run in midfield was ridiculous too.

We badly miss a holding midfielder. Not sure why we signed Joe White, we have too many players like him at the club already. Budget needed to be spent on a proper defensive midfielder. Charles Grant was rumoured to have tried to lowball Tom Pett but it's time we went back in to sign him because he'd instantly improve us. I don't exactly rate Conor Thomas but we seem to play much better when he's in the side so it's telling we're a body light in midfield.

Opposition were very positive and dangerous going forward at times until they had an attempt on goal. They can pass, they can run at teams and cause defenders many problems and they create a lot more than most sides in the league. The boy Fevrier in particular was excellent all game and had Williams and Adebisi on toast at times. But they were an aberration at the back and lacked so much composure up front I can see why they're struggling towards the bottom. Some of our fans were saying they'll finish top half but If we didn't start sitting back I genuinely think we could've thrashed them they were that shaky defensively. But we went full on Davisball for most of the game and that was unacceptable.

I'm Luke Offord's biggest critic but today he was simply excellent. That goal line clearance was outstanding and he really looked a player who led by example yesterday. Demetriou (bar the goal), Long and Harvey Davies were all excellent. Davies saved us a couple of times when we were under the cosh and is improving by the game and deserves credit for that after the stick we all gave him in the first month of the season.

Next week I fear our luck will run out. Wrexham will be a wounded animal after that 5-0 drubbing at Stockport and, coupled with our terrible away form and our reluctance to test teams with very shaky backlines I have a fear it's going to be a severely rude awakening for us next week. This team is riding their luck at the moment. There are a lot of positives in our play but so many deficiencies that will mean we won't be in the position we're currently in come May. A few more performances like that in the next few games and we'll go a third straight season without winning in October.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
Add Byrne and Knoyle to the list as well.

Only missing eight today was probably the best our unavailable list has looked for a few weeks. Of course Pye goes off injured today so we’re back up to nine.

We’re screwed if Croasdale gets injured for any significant period and that’s completely our own doing.
It's okay, we'll just get another attacking midfielder

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Got to admit, I'm pretty embarrassed by yesterday. Have to open that can of whoop-ass on Crewe now.

womble76

Reaction score
Supports
wimbledon
With our central midfield back from injury we looked different class again. If we can keep them fit we will be there or there about. Now just need to sort the home form and stop drawing

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Ughhhh an end to end game that could have gone either way really but to lose it in injury time to a player we sacked off definitely makes it a more bitter pill to swallow. Could have and should have been 3-3, but the Crawley keeper has made a superb point blank save at the death. Fair play to Orsi though, I always liked him and he didn't get a fair crack of the whip here last season.

Very frustrating that we were cruising and then a mishit cross goes in and they're back in the match. We've not been getting these kind of breaks much this season. Conceded a freak goal at Notts that cost points, Bradford scoring with their only shot that cost points...feel like the only match so far we've got something we didn't deserve has been Mansfield at home. Would be nice to get some raggy points on the board. Not taking anything away from Crawley though, they played some good stuff and any side coming back from 2-0 down to win away from home deserves the points. My frustration isn't aimed at them at, it's purely at us.

We've gone from being 1-0 up in the 89th minute at Bradford and 2nd in the league to not hanging on to that and then suffei back to back defeats shipping 6 goals in the process. What could have been a decent start is now a relatively poor one.

We've gone from being a limited team that had more nerve and bottle than the rest of the division last season to a side that now has more technical ability but can't hold onto a match. We need to find that middle ground and stop throwing matches and points away.

Yeah but with all that being said you are doing really really well in the away followings standings. So that's something :dk:

Bit of freak goal at Meadow Lane but let's not pretend you didn't deserve to lose that game. The better side won that day.

Master D

Reaction score
Supports
The Natural Order
Got to admit, I'm pretty embarrassed by yesterday. Have to open that can of whoop-ass on Crewe now.
IMG_7429.jpeg

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
That hat-trick from Cook was sublime. Pure beast of a striker.
A Newport match report said it was the best number 9 performance at Rodney Parade for years and I think that would have been the case at many grounds, he was absolutely unstoppable yesterday. He can be hit and miss, but as the old adage goes, he wouldn’t be at this level is he wasn’t inconsistent.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Young’s gone off the boil and was subbed yesterday.

Youll not be wanting him back in January!

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Yeah but with all that being said you are doing really really well in the away followings standings. So that's something :dk:

Bit of freak goal at Meadow Lane but let's not pretend you didn't deserve to lose that game. The better side won that day.
Which is what I'm saying. We're not getting the rub of the green and therefore not picking up points that we don't necessarily deserve, which, over the course of a season you'd ordinarily pick up. I think DKD missing a one on one against Mansfield is just about the only thing that's swung in our favour.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
We all know it pretty much evens itself over season. Other than a ridiculously kind fixture list, I don't think we've had the rub of the green either. Could argue we should have won at MK, Morecambe was fair result either side could of nicked a full affair with limited chances. Deservedly smashed at Sutton on opening day and the rest we've deserved to win.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Which is what I'm saying. We're not getting the rub of the green and therefore not picking up points that we don't necessarily deserve, which, over the course of a season you'd ordinarily pick up. I think DKD missing a one on one against Mansfield is just about the only thing that's swung in our favour.

Still can’t believe we didn’t win that :lol:

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Still fuming at that display. We never seem to turn up at Edgeley Park and we all know Stockport are a decent team who haven't really kicked into gear yet this season but no excuse for being quite so bad. Lasts years success was based on being pretty consistent game to game (although wed still occasionally put in a shit performance like at Halifax in the run in) but this season it's so up and down its ridiculous. A lot of players drawing a good wage and not really giving value for money.

At least *checks notes*... Carlisle fans are enjoying us losing a game, bizarrely. You'd think they would have more to worry about.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Yesterday tells the story regrettably.
We looked like a pub team that can’t string passes together and buckle under pressure.
No perceived game plan. No possession of the football. No ability to get away with the dark arts of the game as Wimbledon did very successfully.
We have a keeper who now believes his own PR despite being responsible for many of the goals against so far. A good keeper would have saved goal one and three yesterday. Perhaps a visit to Specsavers could be a step forward as distance shooting fools him regularly.
We have a defence that creaks particularly when DD has a poor game like yesterday.
Don’t start me on the DJ thing. We (Saddler) now subs him asap or leaves him on the bench whilst leaving Draper (loan player) on as per yesterday. No doubt DJ subbed at half time allows MS to not get pelters from the crowd if he does it later on? And Draper finishes the game at RB or something crazily similar.
We looked a joke and Wimbledon didn’t need to get out of second gear to win it.
Yes the referee was crap as per but you have to see past that fact.
By the way I quite like Draper but if it’s a choice of DJ or MS I’ll go for DJ every time.
The post match is now starting to grate on me.
MS was the wrong choice and his recruitment and obsession with formations and team selection only clarifies that statement.
On a lighter note, congratulations to the bright spark that decided to water the pitch prior to the game and HT on a soaking wet surface that was already cutting up. Had no effect I suppose but made us smile.

Ainsty

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate
A good win against Salford who are a real bogey club for us. At times, we played some positive passing football that produced good results. Last season it was all about hoofing the ball down the pitch and hoping to find Armstrong. I think we play better without him. He came on as a sub but his heart isn't in it. At other times we sat back and let them come at us that's when we let in two soft goals.

Oxley was poor again. Incredibly, he was only the second worse goalkeeper on the pitch after Cairns who was shocking.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
We’ve already played 6 of the current top 8 (and playing Swindon next week) so we’ve definitely had a tough start but yesterday was not a game we should have dropped points, same as Bradford two weeks ago.

Been a while since I’ve left the ground that angry but no one looked like scoring in that second half until a Glennon/Eastwood masterclass gifted Crawley the points. Really poor in both boxes and so uncharacteristic of Hurst teams - if he doesn’t start turning these issues round in the next 5 games then questions need asking.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
What can I take from yesterday? We are getting better, there wasn’t a great deal between the 2 sides, we still can’t defend crosses and we only win if we score goal of the month/season contenders

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
Ignore the rentboy hes a bit giddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!