Saturday 28th October

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Look at you, bold as brass.
Good to see that Gillingham acted quickly in giving that racist twat a life ban for making monkey sign's at Bogle! now lets hope the old bill makes sure he spends a bit of time at his majesty's.

oops wrong quote:hb:

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I missed Danny Johnson trying to get all the Walsall players do his shoe laces celebration for a goal he did not even score the twat :lol:

Walsall actually had some good players yesterday, and at times did a good press of us but they had a #9 in Johnson who let them down by being absolutely fucking useless. Ryan Stirk was good for them though, took the goal well, not surprising at all mind. Good player.

Walsall fans on here are decent, but I hope the ones that tried to make a rivalry amongst social media channels are back in hiding.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Notts Notts are falling apart again..........

Langstaff yet again goes missing in the big games.
The most deluded fan base in football yet again thinking all the refs have a vendetta against them.
Langstaff is fine and like Rodrigues will go on to play at a higher level. They all miss now and again and they all need feeding chances. We weren't good enough yesterday, not by much but enough.
The big spenders of Wrexham, Stockport and Stags are at the top end and looking strong. Unless we sign a couple of proven players of a higher standard than we have in the window we'll fall away due to squad depth and just not being quite good enough all over the pitch.
It's our first season up, that we're as high as we are with what we have is a great achievement so far.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Good to see that Gillingham acted quickly in giving that racist twat a life ban for making monkey sign's at Bogle! now lets hope the old bill makes sure he spends a bit of time at his majesty's.

They threw a vape at our keeper last week, hit him on the back of the head and drew blood. Needs a bit of a sort out behind that goal I think.

Bianconeri 1862

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Thought Langstaff had a decent game, should have done better with the header first half, the shot he got off second half where he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders was superb skills

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

Yeah being serious you’re always going to get 1 idiot that you can associate to the masses, what a ridiculous thing to do, maybe i’m naive but i didn’t even know that was still a thing.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
We need a serious think about our defensive shape. The three spead centre backs and wing backs pushed high looks great until someone makes a mistake (it's league 2, they're gonna cock up). No cover anywhere. It's meant to be our defensive midfielder who drops in to cover but even if he is in the right area things happen too quickly for him to get there. Add in a keeper who has had an accumulative one season of pro football and you see a team that, seemingly, every cock up results in a goal.

Then add in the other team will sometimes play some decent football and deserve to score and we are looking at 2 goals a game to get a draw.

I'm not a master tactician but I can see where things aint right and if every game you manager blames individual errors then he needs to cover for those individual errors somehow.

1 point from the last 18.

Casey

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I missed Danny Johnson trying to get all the Walsall players do his shoe laces celebration for a goal he did not even score the twat :lol:

Walsall actually had some good players yesterday, and at times did a good press of us but they had a #9 in Johnson who let them down by being absolutely fucking useless. Ryan Stirk was good for them though, took the goal well, not surprising at all mind. Good player.

Walsall fans on here are decent, but I hope the ones that tried to make a rivalry amongst social media channels are back in hiding.

I’ve never really quite got it.

It didn’t work out for him here, simple. He didn’t fit into cloughs plans, but he went all nuclear on it and threw the dolly out the pram and then tried to suggest mansfield fans didn’t like him when no-one cared.

He proved clough right yesterday. Kinda feel sorry for him.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
That was a typical Danny Johnson performance that we were accustomed to during his time here. Wank

The state of that Gillingham fan, good on them for acting quickly and banning the scruff for life. As if the monkey gesture wasn’t embarrassing enough but he for some reason decided before leaving the house that he was going to wear that awful green tracksuit, Jesus Christ

Reaction score
Supports
Notts
Thought Langstaff had a decent game, should have done better with the header first half, the shot he got off second half where he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders was superb skills
Strikers are judged on scoring goals, if as a striker you've only scored 1 in the last 3 Wrexham-Notts games you are a fraud, sadly.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Gillingham sure are busy currently.
Sadly, yes.

More or less an incident or another after every home game. Always from the Rainham End, always from a recent product of Medway's top class education system, and quite frankly I'm sick of it. The club keep making a big deal about selling out the Rainham End more or less every game (which in itself is actually a miracle considering how down the attendances were previously) but all it's meant is that scum can hide themselves in a crowd. Except this pillock obviously, who didn't work out that his actions have cost him a huge amount for the sake of very little. Whether it costs the club remains to be seen, but we've made a big deal about the fact that we've arrested and banned the little scrote, almost as if to say to the FA 'What more can we do?'. Most of the incidents we've had have been kept fairly quiet in the main, but this one has made (rightly so) national news.

My fear is that some more of his mates who share the brain cell will behave in a similar manner and we'll get the book totally thrown at us. And in truth, what can you do to prevent something like this happening? A split second bit of idiocy from one of several thousand who happily won't see the inside of Priestfield again.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Hutchinson was a player I liked when I saw Walsall.

Easy win yesterday for us to be honest, Tranmere were pretty shit in truth. Don't think Nigel Adkins is as good at his motivational speaker, "heal everything with positive thinking" stuff as he thinks he is.

Alfie

Reaction score
Supports
England
Tranmere and FGR are establishing a link that goes beyond both teams being called Rovers.
In recent years each club has beaten the other in a promotion play-off, been up to League 1 and straight back down with Tranmere being replaced by FGR. This season they are mixing against each other in a relegation dog-fight.
Unbelievable 'cause Tranmere are undoubtedly a big club while FGR are not.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Hutchinson was a player I liked when I saw Walsall.

Easy win yesterday for us to be honest, Tranmere were pretty shit in truth. Don't think Nigel Adkins is as good at his motivational speaker, "heal everything with positive thinking" stuff as he thinks he is.

Yeah good player Hutchinson, got a few decent players Walsall.

Probably need a better manager and someone who is capable of doing something other than tap ins in the box. To be fair Draper was out for them yesterday.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Comfortable win against a woeful Harrogate side who, although will survive relegation this season, seem to be going absolutely nowhere as a club. Even our former centre half Rod MacDonald hates it there! Should've been by more but we had an off day in front of goal.

The circumstances that led to Zac Williams' injury need to be addressed. FA regulations state there must be an unobstructed distance of 6ft from the touchline back towards the stands. There's no way those covers were 6ft from the touchline which led to Williams' freak injury. We may have now lost the services of a key player because, in a world where almost every single profession is mega health and safety conscious, the exceptionalism of football has struck again and Harrogate think stopping our long throw ins is more important than player safety and welfare.

Nice to sign off October with 4 wins in 6 though. A month we've often struggled in. Only likely to play 1 L2 game in the next 4 weeks if our game with Morecambe is called off so let's hope the injuries to Long and Williams aren't too serious.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Tranmere and FGR are establishing a link that goes beyond both teams being called Rovers.
In recent years each club has beaten the other in a promotion play-off, been up to League 1 and straight back down with Tranmere being replaced by FGR. This season they are mixing against each other in a relegation dog-fight.
Reasonable points, and a trip down memory lane, but when it comes down to a couple of dogs fighting it isn't the size of the dog that matters but the amount of fight in it...I would go for a Jack Russell in a scrap against a Labrador every time!

Alfie

Reaction score
Supports
England
Reasonable points, and a trip down memory lane, but when it comes down to a couple of dogs fighting it isn't the size of the dog that matters but the amount of fight in it...I would go for a Jack Russell in a scrap against a Labrador every time!
I suspect fans from both clubs hope both remain in the EFL or else they'll have in back of mind that the relegated club will jinx and drag the other down with them, be it next season.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Wouldn't even say Tranmere were a big club. Just like 40 other clubs who bounce between League One and Two save for a decade in the second tier in the 90s and the odd few seasons in non league. Should be nowhere near the bottom 2 of League Two though, that's for sure.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Wouldn't even say Tranmere were a big club. Just like 40 other clubs who bounce between League One and Two save for a decade in the second tier in the 90s and the odd few seasons in non league. Should be nowhere near the bottom 2 of League Two though, that's for sure.

They’ve gone down before, so it’s possible,

Bigger clubs have gone down to the conference before, though usually through bad management at the top, they’re one where you imagine they’d pull away but no certainty

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
They’ve gone down before, so it’s possible,

Bigger clubs have gone down to the conference before, though usually through bad management at the top, they’re one where you imagine they’d pull away but no certainty

It's only a few years ago when they were saying they were lucky to have the Palioses as owners. Amazing how quick things can change in football. You've got to think whether COVID had a serious impact on Palios' wealth as he just hasn't backed Tranmere to the extent like he did pre-COVID.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I suspect fans from both clubs hope both remain in the EFL or else they'll have in back of mind that the relegated club will jinx and drag the other down with them, be it next season.
Yeah, somewhat ironic looking at the table that it is ourselves plus Grimsby, Tranmere and Newport all hovering over the trapdoor...we have had plenty of games against all of those that have meant something, usually a promotion push, for one or both of the teams involved in recent seasons...both in the National and Football League. It could be an interesting season!

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
We're a historic L1/L2 club, and spent a lot of the 80's completely broke and fighting off both bankruptcy and becoming one of the first teams to be relegated to non-league. However, if you started watching us during the mid 90s when making what's now the championship play offs became the norm, the following years haven't been kind. Hence different parts of our fanbase have vastly different expectations of where we should be as a club.

Palios was initially very good at communicating and saying where the club was at. Nowadays, it's either silence or spin that wouldn't fool a six year old. His latest podcast interview was truly baffling in places, as he put most of setbacks the last few years down to bad luck (rather than him having any responsibility for them) and the last four seasons have felt like the same managed decline we went through at the end of Peter Johnson's tenure. It's very frustrating how he hasn't learned from his mistakes.

Stagat

#stagat
Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
I know Wrexham have been pretty solid away anyways but to go to Notts and keep a clean sheet is pretty impressive given how many they’ve scored this season.

This might just be the light-headed witterings of a man who ran the Worksop half-marathon this morning (#humblebrag) and has been sipping lager since but I sorta feel for all the publicity about them in general, Wrexham have kinda snuck up into 3rd, and to use the word you did have solid-ed themselves up into that position.

Like, Stockport, Notts and us have all been spoken about positively in some sense or another. Stockport's winning run, Notts' style of play, our unbeaten run. And I don't think Wrexham have been praised as much. Maybe it's because they perhaps haven't generally lived up to their aforementioned publicity and have been last-minute-home-winning and away-drawing their way to 3rd but the table doesn't lie. From my point of view, I didn't really realise they were knocking about up there until I looked on Saturday evening and there they were.

tl;dr I wonder if the perception (right or wrong) of Wrexham not playing as well as they were expected/hoped to has meant some people might have slept on how well they've actually been doing. But that might just be me. And this is all a compliment to them, btw. Respect, you're up there. Above us.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Unsure that we are a big club now, though bigger than FGR, not that it makes a difference when it comes to FL survival. The two Rovers have built up quite a rivalry in recent years over footballing matters, when the non-league section of this forum was more active, there was a match thread that ran to about 15 pages on one of our games.
It's only a few years ago when they were saying they were lucky to have the Palioses as owners. Amazing how quick things can change in football. You've got to think whether COVID had a serious impact on Palios' wealth as he just hasn't backed Tranmere to the extent like he did pre-COVID.
The Palioi aren’t that wealthy as FL owners go, they got some help from former chairman Peter Johnson and a land sale after taking over.
I think the covid-related demotion did have a big impact, had we been able to stay up that season, things would have steadied. The Palioi have improved finances off the pitch but not to the extent of rectifying the situation on it. I don’t think they’ve learnt from earlier mistakes and the good communication in their early years has been replaced by long periods of silence or stage-managed podcasts.
Yeah, somewhat ironic looking at the table that it is ourselves plus Grimsby, Tranmere and Newport all hovering over the trapdoor...we have had plenty of games against all of those that have meant something, usually a promotion push, for one or both of the teams involved in recent seasons...both in the National and Football League. It could be an interesting season!
Our next league game at home to you guys is already looking like a relegation 6 pointer. Just hope you don’t wipe the floor with us like your last league visit to PP.

Alfie

Reaction score
Supports
England
Unsure that we are a big club now, though bigger than FGR, not that it makes a difference when it comes to FL survival. The two Rovers have built up quite a rivalry in recent years over footballing matters, when the non-league section of this forum was more active, there was a match thread that ran to about 15 pages on one of our games.

15 pages - Bloody Hell

• Haha
Reactions: Boz

Reginald Fodstain

Not Scouse
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I did take an intense dislike to Forest Green for a few years, many if not most of us did. Partly due to Dale Vince, partly due to how they'd kick the shit out of us every game, partly due to status as yet another vanity project rising up the leagues, partly Dale Vince again and partly as they often did a number on us in important games. Getting to celebrate a play off semi win on their pitch was incredibly satisfying, especially after the heartbreak of losing at Wembley to one man and his dog in the far end of the ground.
Time's moved on and now I couldn't really care less - they beat us playing great football at our place last time we were in the same league and despite the result it was a lot more gratifying than them kicking lumps out of us and playing the officials. Anyone still watching them after going through a year and a half of getting beat every week earns my respect same as any genuine fans of a club going through a hard time.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I did take an intense dislike to Forest Green for a few years, many if not most of us did. Partly due to Dale Vince, partly due to how they'd kick the shit out of us every game, partly due to status as yet another vanity project rising up the leagues, partly Dale Vince again and partly as they often did a number on us in important games. Getting to celebrate a play off semi win on their pitch was incredibly satisfying, especially after the heartbreak of losing at Wembley to one man and his dog in the far end of the ground.
Time's moved on and now I couldn't really care less - they beat us playing great football at our place last time we were in the same league and despite the result it was a lot more gratifying than them kicking lumps out of us and playing the officials. Anyone still watching them after going through a year and a half of getting beat every week earns my respect same as any genuine fans of a club going through a hard time.
Wierd isn't it that there are rivalries between teams in totally different parts of the country...when the fixtures come out I look for games against the likes of Tranmere, Grimsby and even Lincoln before anyone closer to home...quite looking forward to another game against Halifax someday, they absolutely hate us!

There are people who dislike us for many of the reasons you mention, I get that, but many of us have been around since we were crap...really crap, crapper than now, and struggling to stay in the Conference...although that is another story entirely. I didn't expect to be following a Football League team when I started following Rovers, hard to believe this is our seventh season...doesn't time fly when you are having fun!

Bianconeri 1862

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
This might just be the light-headed witterings of a man who ran the Worksop half-marathon this morning (#humblebrag) and has been sipping lager since but I sorta feel for all the publicity about them in general, Wrexham have kinda snuck up into 3rd, and to use the word you did have solid-ed themselves up into that position.

Like, Stockport, Notts and us have all been spoken about positively in some sense or another. Stockport's winning run, Notts' style of play, our unbeaten run. And I don't think Wrexham have been praised as much. Maybe it's because they perhaps haven't generally lived up to their aforementioned publicity and have been last-minute-home-winning and away-drawing their way to 3rd but the table doesn't lie. From my point of view, I didn't really realise they were knocking about up there until I looked on Saturday evening and there they were.

tl;dr I wonder if the perception (right or wrong) of Wrexham not playing as well as they were expected/hoped to has meant some people might have slept on how well they've actually been doing. But that might just be me.
Wrexham looked very decent second half Saturday but it was one of those games that could have gone either way, unlike the stags game whom on that display looked very strong, smothered us then overwhelmed us.
And this is all a compliment to them, btw. Respect, you're up there. Above us.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Speaking of Grimsby, noticed frequent poster Son of Cod not been on here for the last ten days or so. Probably just on holiday or busy with actual life but hope all is well with him.
Cheers Stocky mate, really appreciate that. Have been having a hectic one at work and loads going on outside of work so my commutes (which is my prime TFF slot) have been taken up by lots of life admin. I'm all good though! Hope all is well with you too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!