Team review 2016/17

dan_wrexhamafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Doing a conference team/league review as part of college work. Wondering if any of you can help me by answering a few questions. I will fill my Wrexham ones in from my own opinion

Your personal player of the season: Chris Dunn although Riley won most awards
Your teams best prospect: Leo Smith
Biggest Flop: Anthony Barry
Top Scorer: Rooney
Most Improved: Olly Marx
Team strength: Honestly cant think of one
Team Weakness: Goalscoring (among many others)
Season Rating out of 10 : 3/10 we didn't go down and got rid of Mills
Manager rating: Mills - 0/10 Keates 6/10
If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be? Obviously one is Miller but more realistically I'll go for Micheal Cheek.
Your team of the season.(players from any national league team)

Thank you if you answer these for me will be a great help. I will post my work for you all to read when it's done

dan_wrexhamafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Also anything else you'd like to mention about the league. The season just gone. Your team. Chairman. Over/underacheivement. Your style of play. Other teams in the league etc. would be much appreciated.

dan_wrexhamafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Copy & paste if easier
Your personal player of the season:
Your teams best prospect:
Biggest Flop:
Top Scorer:
Most Improved:
Team strength:
Team Weakness:
Season Rating out of 10:
Manager rating out of 10
:
If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be?

Any others comments:

fifaking

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Here you go pal, albeit same team

Your personal player of the season: will go with Russell Penn who finally brought something/anything to a previously non-existent midfield
Your teams best prospect: not many left.. probably Olly Marx
Biggest Flop: many candidates for this one. Think many of us soon realised how dreadful Bakare was and he didn't get much better.
Top Scorer: Rooney
Most Improved: will have to stick with someone who is still left with us and say Marx, but only played a handful of games
Team strength: Dunn is alright in goal, apart from that.. nothing.
Team Weakness: creating chances and scoring goals
Season Rating out of 10: 2. Abysmal
Manager rating out of 10: Mills 2 (some credit for Dunn and Tilt signings) Keates 6 - shipping the lot out, pretty much had a free reign once we were certain to avoid a relegation scrap
If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be? Someone who we could maybe realistically get.. Andy Cook from Tranmere after reading he may want a move. But I'm guessing a FL club will be his first choice.
Your team of the season.(players from any national league team) Based on just the handful of games I've been to and watched on BT: Scott Davies - Vaughan Raggett Waterfall Habergham - Deacon Woodyard Noble Benyu - Doidge Sho-Silva

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
Your personal player of the season: Callum Reynolds
Your teams best prospect: Idris Kanu
Biggest Flop: It's going to have to be one of the 3 we let go in December. I'm going to go with Charlie Walker although he didn't get too many chances but expected more considering how he did last season.
Top Scorer: Bernard Mensah and Scott Rendell both got 13 goals. Mensah got more assists so not sure if that makes him top scorer above Rendell?
Most Improved: Jim Kellerman
Team strength: Despite Waddock having a reputation for entertaining and attacking football, it was our defensive record that got us into the playoffs.
Team Weakness: Not being clinical in front of goal, with the amount of chances we created this season we really should have scored more than we did.
Season Rating out of 10: 9/10
Manager rating out of 10: 9/10
If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be? Based purely on performances against us, Cole Stockton
(4-4-2) Davies; Vaughan, Reynolds, Raggett, Habergham; Arnold, Woodyard, Benyu, Mensah; Miller, Stockton

Murphy

Bloody Nice Chap
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham & Redbridge and Stephen Mulhern.
Twitter
@NickMurphy1995
Your personal player of the season: Corey Whitely.
Your teams best prospect: Craig Robson.
Biggest Flop: Jake Howells? Unfair as he's been injured really, but he's not shown much at all.
Top Scorer: Ollie Hawkins
Most Improved: Hard to choose as a lot of the current bunch weren't here last season, but probably Hawkins given he didn't look like he could hit a barn door last year. Full pre-season behind him in a pro setup and he's been fantastic for the large part.
Team strength: Away form prior to Gateshead.
Team Weakness: Home form, home form, home form.
Season Rating out of 10 : 8/10, only dampened by the fact we couldn't achieve a surprise promotion.
Manager rating: Mills - 10/10, Johnny Johnny Still.
If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be - That big lad at the back for Forest Green yesterday.
Your team of the season.(players from any national league team) - Not watched enough to provide with answer/cannae be bothered.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
From a Darlo and a NLN perspective.
Your personal player of the season: Mark Beck
Your teams best prospect: David Ferguson
Biggest Flop: Not had any real flops this season
Top Scorer: Mark Beck
Most Improved: Josh Falkringham
Team strength: Best CM options in the League IMO (Turnbull, Syers, Falkringham, Portas)
Team Weakness: Not good enough positionally at CB
Season Rating out of 10: 8/10
Manager rating out of 10: 8/10
If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be? Keith Lowe
Your team of the season.(players from any national league team) Johnstone, Nottingham, Lowe, Grand, Ferguson, Ngwatala, Bradley, Turnbull, Lloyd, Newton, Rowe.

PoolieTom

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Not sure if we will be any use to you, but if so:

Your personal player of the season: Padraig Amond
Nathan Thomas
Biggest Flop:
Tough one. Not sure many of them can be classed as flops as we knew most of them were shite. Dave Jones was a flop, I guess. Nicky Deverdics could be classed as a flop, but that's through no fault of his own. Four different managers in the season and none of them played him in his proper position.
Top Scorer:
Padraig Amond
Most Improved:
Brad Walker. Possibly the worst midfielder I've ever seen play in Pools colours. Forced to play Centre Back ('cause our inept manager decided not to take any on the bench, and one of our starting CB's got injured) in one game, impressed, and has looked our best player in that position since.
Team strength: 'Keeper is too good for the Conference, we have last years top scorer, and last years top assister in our squad.
Team Weakness:
Bloody hell, I could probably write your full college essay on this one. Main weakness of our team has probably been the manager, if that's possible. Clueless, inept, idle, lazy, arrogant man who drained any talent or enthusiasm out of the team. Another weakness is that the player who started as our 9th choice (honestly!) centre half ended up playing over half of the season at centre half (alongside Brad Walker). Another weakness would be a lack of goals from midfield. We generally played with 3 Centre Mids; Defensive Midfielder has been reliable throughout the season, but whoever his two partners have been have not pulled their weight, and I think of the 5 used there, they have 2 goals and 2 assists between them, whilst Nicky Deverdics has been shoehorned into left back and left wing. I think I'll stop there or I could go on and on and on
Season Rating out of 10:
0. Couldn't have gone much worse, on or off the field.
Manager rating out of 10
: Hignett - 6/10. Jones 0/10.
If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be? We signed three of the players touted as the best in the league in their positions last year, then sold one, played another in every position but his own, and isolated the other. If I was a NL player, I wouldn't want to sign for us. Anyway, I'd probably say McNulty.
Your team of the season.(players from any national league team).
Can't answer this one

1884 Belmont

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Your personal player of the season: Jeff Hughes
Your teams best prospect: Ben Tollitt
Biggest Flop: Louis Almond
Top Scorer: Andy Cook
Most Improved: Michael Ihiekwe
Team strength: Experience, both on the pitch and in the dugout.
Team Weakness: Results against the other promotion contenders (1 win in 10).
Season Rating out of 10: 9/10
Manager rating out of 10: Brabin 7.5/10 + Mellon 9.9/10
If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be? Bernard Mensah (Aldershot)
Davies: Vaughan, McNulty, Ihiekwe, Ridehalgh; Tollitt, C.Jennings, Jeff Hughes, Mensah; Miller, Norwood.
Any others comments: I appreciate that I've picked mostly our own players, but I genuinely believe we had most of the best players this season. Lincoln had a very good team, but on an individual basis I stand by the fact I wouldn't pick a single one of their players for our team. Mensah and Miller are the only players I would definitely take for our team and to be honest, I've been incredibly harsh on the likes of Cook, Buxton, Harris and Maynard, who have all been outstanding too.

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Your personal player of the season: Danny Lloyd
Your teams best prospect: Adam Thomas - injured himself early in the season before we had a chance to see him. season before that won 7 awards playing for Hednesford.
Biggest Flop: Sefton Gonzales
Top Scorer: Danny Lloyd
Most Improved: Michael Clarke
Team strength: Defence (only 15 away goals conceded all season)
Team Weakness: Holding a lead at home
Season Rating out of 10: 8
Manager rating out of 10: 10
If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be? Danny Rowe
Your team of the season.(players from any national league north team):
GK Ben Hinchliffe - Stockport
RB Michael Nottingham - Salford
LB Josh Wilde - FC Halifax Town
CB Simon Grand - Salford
CB Danny Ellis - Harrogate
RM Ryan Hall - Curzon
LM Danny Lloyd - Stockport
CM Lewis Montrose - Stockport
CM Liam King - FC Halifax Town
STK Danny Rowe - AFC Fylde
STK Danny Newton - Tamworth

localhero

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Davies: Vaughan, McNulty, Ihiekwe, Ridehalgh; Tollitt, C.Jennings, Jeff Hughes, Mensah; Miller, Norwood.
Any others comments: I appreciate that I've picked mostly our own players, but I genuinely believe we had most of the best players this season. Lincoln had a very good team, but on an individual basis I stand by the fact I wouldn't pick a single one of their players for our team. Mensah and Miller are the only players I would definitely take for our team and to be honest, I've been incredibly harsh on the likes of Cook, Buxton, Harris and Maynard, who have all been outstanding too.

giphy.gif

Solihull Mooron

Reaction score
Supports
Solihull Moors
Your personal player of the season: Jamey Osborne - Best player I've ever seen at the club, dribbled past players with ease. Deserved his move to Grimsby in January.
Your teams best prospect: Dapo Afolayan - signed from Loughbrough University, think he scored 4 goals after signing in February. Attracting interest from a host of FL sides and has been signed by the V9 academey.
Biggest Flop: Stefan Moore - now at Corby
Top Scorer: Akwasi Asante (11) although 6 were in 2 games. I can't imagine he will make much of an impression at Grimsby and will probably find himself back in non league.
Most Improved: Liam Daly - rock at the back this season, but was the one I had tipped to struggle at the start of the season.
Team strength: Beating the teams around us in the league
Team Weakness: Defence at times, in fairness we did have to build a new defence in the Summer after 3 of our back 5 left.
Season Rating out of 10: 8
Manager rating out of 10: Bignot 7 Mcdonald 7 - He did very well to rally the troops and get the victories against Macclesfield and Eastleigh after looking down and out following 6 straight defeats including a 9-0 defeat at Tranmere.
Kundai Benyu

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Your personal player of the season: Byron Harrison
Your teams best prospect: Moussa Diarra
Biggest Flop: Liam Hughes
Top Scorer: Byron Harrison and Richie Bennett
Most Improved: Moussa Diarra
Team strength: set pieces and team spirit
Team Weakness: lack of goals when Harrison was out for over 3 months
Season Rating out of 10: 8.5/10
Manager rating out of 10: 8/10
If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be? now that Livesey has gone can we have Steve McNulty back??
Your team of the season.(players from any national league team): Lincoln's whole team as they went up

Any others comments:
We would have been top 5 without losing Byron Harrison for so long - we will be next year...

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Your personal player of the season: Alex Cisak. The Australia international goalkeeper kept us in numerous games before he was binned off by Becchetti. Liam Kelly would've had a shout had he not been injured for four months and then suspended for six games for shoving Plymouth's ballman over.

As you'd expect from a side which has routinely fielded between 10 and 15 youth team players in every matchday squad since Christmas, we have rather a lot of bright prospects. Steven Alzate (an attacking midfielder in the mould of Dele Alli who ghosts past defenders with the merest dip of his shoulders) is the absolute pick of the bunch.

Biggest Flop: For someone who has been promoted for two seasons running, Robbie Weir was proper shite (see also: Tom Parkes), but I think this award goes to Teddy Mezague.

The crowning jewel in former Head Of Recruitment-cum-goalkeeping coach-cum-translator-cum-walking shampoo advert, Ryman Rob Gagilardi's menagerie of misery, Teddy was given a three year contract despite being out for six months with a knee injury. He is centre back who is scared of heading the ball. That'll be doubly useful in non league.

Top Scorer: Paul MaCallum. As tall, graceful and mobile as a giraffe that died standing up, PMac prefers DJing and using the see-no-evil-monkey emoji on Twitter to putting himself about up front. Undeniably deadly if you give him a chance that he doesn't have to move a single centimetre for, next season Paul will no doubt be plying his trade at whichever League Two team has the best local club scene.

Most Improved: Sandro Semedo. A grandfather of the side at age 20, the Portuguese under 21 squad member was routinely the fourth oldest player in the matchday 16. As the season progressed he made great strides from talented Sunday League show pony to the giddily consistent heights of 4/10 performances every week.

Team strength: Passing the ball around the back four for five minutes before shanking it aimlessly forward; letting long balls bounce in the centre of defence; conceding unmarked headers at set pieces.

Team Weakness: The Chairman. The CEO. The senior players.

Season Rating out of 10: A surprisingly high 1/10. Been heartening to see so many youngsters come through, and frankly, the pitch invasions, sweary songs and newfound unity of purpose amongst the fans in the past couple of months has been great.

Manager rating out of 10:
Hessenthaler 3/10 - Agreed to work for a man who quite literally kicked him up the arse. Signed Gavin Massey, though.
Cavasin 1/10 - Gets a point for his classy open letter of apology after his reign of abject failure.
Edwards 2/10 - Made us even worse - if that were possible - and abandoned his own youth team as soon as he could.
Webb 6/10 - Instilled pride back into the club, if not much in the way of results. Resigned/was sacked on a point of principle, which I respect.
Riza 5/10 - Had the most inexperienced squad in the history of the football league and did the best he could. Showed willingness to adapt tactically, which made a refreshing change. Loses points for being complicit in the EFL's "game abandoned" lies.

If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be? Er. The only other team I have a clue about is Hartlepool, so I guess I'd steal Nathan Thomas. They are worse than our youth team, though.

Your team of the season.(players from any national league team) Pass.

Any others comments:
Becchetti out! Oh, and fuck the EFL.

SolStone

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone United
Your personal player of the season: Stuart Lewis. Although he only signed in January he galvanised our midfield and almost single handedly kept us up. Week in week out 100% whilst only being on loan. He would always be one of the first over to the crowd, so glad he is signed up for next season.

Your teams best prospect: Harry Phipps. Signed from Margate during the season he played a handful of games. Looked strong, tall and was very physical. Carried the ball well and won a fair amount of headers. Also scored a neat goal at Forest Green.

Biggest Flop:
Dumebi Dumaka. Hard to chose one as we have signed some pretty awful players on loan this season but seeing as he was permanent I thought he fit better. DD pretty much got us into this league and after that people were predicting 15-20 goals this season. He completely went non-existent in most games and eventually signed for Dulwich Hamlet where he scored 12 in 33 games.

Top Scorer: Jamar Loza, with a measly 9 goals. Strong end to the season meant he over took Bobby-Joe. He always looked a threat through out the season but was never clinical enough. Could easily have 15-18 goals this season if he tucked his chances away.

Most Improved: Jack Paxman. Was always the best of a bad bunch during our sticky mid-season patch. Became a creative genius once we signed Prestedge & Lewis, however, he dropped off towards the end of the season but I put that down to tiredness seeing as we are part-time.

Team strength: Team spirit. Even during our worst form this season the new players we were signing were still mentioning about the spirit and the togetherness. Ultimately I believe the team spirit was what kept us up. Never give up attitude, this was proved as we came from behind at least 7 times during our sensational form towards the end of the season.

Team Weakness: Scoring goals. Proved by our top scorer having 9. I remember some games (North Ferriby at home, Woking at home and Lincoln away come to mind) when we just could not score to save our lives. We went through at least 4 strikers before we eventually settled on Piggot. If we want to be mid-table next season we definitely either need to sign Piggot or a proven goal scorer.

Season Rating out of 10: 8/10. After getting promoted 3 times in 4 seasons I thought this could be a step to far. Considering how inexperienced our manager was at this level and how young our team was. However thankfully I was proven wrong, Jay made some astonishing signings and that patch of form at the end of the season was title winning form. I would of taken 14th before a ball was kicked this season.

Manager rating out of 10: 10/10. Proved himself and more in this league. Got a few decisions wrong early on and admitted to them but towards the end of the season he got every decision spot on. Stuart Lewis, Reece Prestedge, Jamar Loza and Piggot were sensational pieces of business during the season.

If you could sign one player from another team in this league who would it be?: Michael Cheek or Oliver Hawkins. Both scoring near enough 20 goals whilst both in different situations. If we signed one of these or someone with the same quality we could easily cement a mid table position.

Your team of the season.(players from any national league team): Davies - Vaughan, Reynolds, Raggett, Habergham - Mensah, Woodyard, Hughes, Deacon - Cheek, Miller.

GK - Davies - Kept 21 clean sheets in 47 games which is pretty impressive.

RB - Vaughan - Not much choice at right-back. Lee Vaughan I guess was the best considering how many clean sheets Tranmere have kept.

CB - Reynolds - Solid in the heart of Aldershots defence. Each season he has always looked solid in the national league.

CB - Raggett - Vital part to Lincoln's success. Popped up with vital goals as well most notably his goal vs Burnley. Deserves all the interest he gets.

LB - Habergham - Another solid part of Lincoln's success. Same as right-back not really anyone that stands out.

RM - Mensah - Not exactly a right midfielder but trying to cram in all the attacking players is hard. Involved in 22 goals in 42 games is pretty impressive along with the shift he put in each game.

CM - Woodyard - Described as the non-league Kante by Lincoln fans and I can't disagree much. Integral part to Lincoln's success.

CM - Hughes - Experienced centre-mid that anchored Tranmere's midfield. His performance against Aldershot in the first leg of the play-offs was impressive.

LM - Deacon - Deserves to play at a much higher level and I'm sure he will soon. Every Sutton game I have watched he has been a constant threat. Our defence could not handle him at the Gallagher.

ST - Cheek - To score 19 goals and still get relegated is impressive. If he can score 19 goals in a relegation side god knows what he could do mid-table/play-offs.

ST - Miller - 40 goals in 41 appearances picks itself. Deserves the move to Peterborough.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I was going do this, but I can't follow on from that. :lol:

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Your personal player of the season:
Liam Noble, absolute fucking legend. 22 assists, full of passion captain fantastic.
Ethan Pinnock, will go all the way to the top. Could be the first ex FGR player to play for England.
Biggest Flop:
Matt Tubbs
Top Scorer:
Christian Doidge 27. What a player, was great all year and stepped it up even more in the play offs. Left McNulty for dead.
Most Improved:
Manny Monthe/Charlie Cooper/Kaiyne Woolery. Three players who came in raw youngsters but ended the season dominant forces at Wembley.
Team strength:
Attacking/possession. Really paid off on the big stage.
Team Weakness:
Giving the ball away in bad areas overplaying.
Season Rating out of 10:
We got promoted at Wembley, deservedly beating two very good sides in the play offs. Gotta be a 9 just for that.
Manager rating out of 10:
See above. Weren't all smooth going but he got the job done when it really counted. Club legend. 9

Ricky Miller. Him and Doidge together would be ridiculous.
Davies, Buxton, Waterfall, Raggett, Habergham, Woodyard, Harris, Noble, Mensah, Miller, Doidge

Any others comments:
I'm flouncing off to the league 2 forum permanently, cos unlike some on here I stick to 1ff rules. Bye

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Chris FGR said:
Any others comments:
I'm flouncing off to the league 2 forum permanently, cos unlike some on here I stick to 1ff rules. Bye

Thank fuck for that.

The moment you realise promotion has its good and bad points!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!