The FA Cup 23/24

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
You’re always going to get 1 or 2 dicks do something stupid and then everyone gets tarnished with the same brush, i’m sure the vast majority of wrexham fans were as annoyed as the mansfield fans
Apparently, some Wrexham fans 'helped' him leave the ground not long after this. Well done to those lads!

Always one dickhead :(

GlynTheMilk

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Twitter
@glynthemilk
Sorry, off-topic post but I want to put the other side of the argument across, as the son of a Catholic refugee from Belfast:

Yes and it's richly deserved. He's absolutely entitled to his political opinions and I have no problems with him or anyone else for that matter declining to wear the poppy as it's their choice, but he lets himself down massively with his conduct and constant seeking of victim status to the point of embarrassment.

Trivialising the IRA as a joke with his kids on Instagram when many people died across the UK as a result of their actions is completely unacceptable but he thought that was fine? All forgotten about though when he's crying to media saying he doesn't know why he gets the abuse he gets.

Horrible bloke.

It's all forgotten about? Like how you've forgotten how many Irish people died at the hands of the British Army, you mean?

Cannot put it any better myself, he was gesturing last night too. If he just shut up and left everyone else to do the remembrance it not be a issue.

Each to their own like, if Wrexham fans wanna stick up for him purely because he plays for them then it’s disappointing but that’s football unfortunately.

There’s nowt funny about the IRA, unless you are a piece of shit like James McClean.

There's nowt funny about the Black & Tans, UVF, or UDA either. I've stuck up for James McClean all of his career, thanks, because he is making a valid point. The posts on this thread just underline that point. Was McClean gesturing during the minute's silence? Or was he standing there letting others pay their respects? Was he getting stick for not wearing a poppy, is that what he was gesturing about? Newsflash: I don't think Tom O'Connor did either.

I'll never understand any Wrexham fan disrespecting the minutes' silence when there's a large amount of war memorials in almost every town and village in North East Wales.

Especially when you consider there were people who survived the Gresford Disaster (always impeccably observed bar for one Chester idiot a few years back) who then went to war a few years later and didn't survive that...

Stop trying to make something out of nothing. I don't think the number of residents killed in the wars varies that much between Wrexham and other towns/cities Great Britain. Equally, I don't think Wrexham fans disrespect minutes silences any more than other fans do. (Maybe a couple of fans for the one when that German woman off the fivers snuffed it last year). I have never and will never disrespect the Remembrance silence, and I have never heard anybody else do so either. Wearing an Royal British Legion poppy, and showing respect are two different things.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
There's nowt funny about the Black & Tans, UVF, or UDA either. I've stuck up for James McClean all of his career, thanks, because he is making a valid point. The posts on this thread just underline that point. Was McClean gesturing during the minute's silence? Or was he standing there letting others pay their respects? Was he getting stick for not wearing a poppy, is that what he was gesturing about? Newsflash: I don't think Tom O'Connor did either.

I never made any suggestion otherwise and I completely agree about those you mentioned, I also made clear I understand and have no issue with him not wearing a poppy, but I do have a issue with him trivialising those scumbags.

So thanks but I’m not interested in your whataboutism, from one catholic to another :)

GlynTheMilk

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Twitter
@glynthemilk
As for Mansfield v Wrexham: what a great game. Or at least it was until the pitch turned into a cae tatws in the second half.

It could've gone either way; I think Mansfield and Wrexham were pretty evenly matched in both recent fixtures (the Wrexham that went to Stockport would've been hammered by Mansfield, though) and had Mansfield nicked a result in either game, I think it would've been fair enough. Without Mullin, I think that may have been the case. That's what he's paid £300,000 a week for, I suppose.

I'm quite liking the O'Connor-Tozer-Evans back three for Wrexham. I was expecting Keillor-Dunn to really expose HMS Tozer, but it didn't seem to happen. Relieved to be in the second round, more than anything.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Sorry, off-topic post but I want to put the other side of the argument across, as the son of a Catholic refugee from Belfast:

It's all forgotten about? Like how you've forgotten how many Irish people died at the hands of the British Army, you mean?

Stop trying to make something out of nothing. I don't think the number of residents killed in the wars varies that much between Wrexham and other towns/cities Great Britain. Equally, I don't think Wrexham fans disrespect minutes silences any more than other fans do. (Maybe a couple of fans for the one when that German woman off the fivers snuffed it last year). I have never and will never disrespect the Remembrance silence, and I have never heard anybody else do so either. Wearing an Royal British Legion poppy, and showing respect are two different things.

"All forgotten about" was in regard to McClean's vile and sickening attempt of humour with that balaclava stunt he did during lockdown rather than the wider Troubles conflict and you know it was. Something which he's on record as calling a "light hearted joke". And he even had the audacity to defend it AFTER Stoke rightly fined him two weeks wages for his unacceptable conduct.

I'm not interested in discussing Whataboutism and what the British Army did in Londonderry, Belfast, South Armagh etc on a Football Forum. That's what excellent shows like Once Upon A Time in Northern Ireland, a balanced account of the Troubles, are for. I am merely pointing out McClean's previous shameful behaviour which is on record. Stick up for him all you want, but you can't excuse the inexcusable.

GlynTheMilk

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Twitter
@glynthemilk
I never made any suggestion otherwise and I completely agree about those you mentioned, I also made clear I understand and have no issue with him not wearing a poppy, but I do have a issue with him trivialising those scumbags.

So thanks but I’m not interested in your whataboutism, from one catholic to another :)

"All forgotten about" was in regard to McClean's vile and sickening attempt of humour with that balaclava stunt he did during lockdown rather than the wider Troubles conflict and you know it was. Something which he's on record as calling a "light hearted joke". And he even had the audacity to defend it AFTER Stoke rightly fined him two weeks wages for his unacceptable conduct.

I'm not interested in discussing Whataboutism and what the British Army did in Londonderry, Belfast, South Armagh etc on a Football Forum. That's what excellent shows like Once Upon A Time in Northern Ireland, a balanced account of the Troubles, are for. I am merely pointing out McClean's previous shameful behaviour which is on record. Stick up for him all you want, but you can't excuse the inexcusable.

Alright, alright, it looks like I've got the wrong end of the stick, and I've ranted at you both about a broader subject. You were talking about a specific incident that I wasn't aware of; despite getting on my soap box like a Pound-Shop Éamon de Valera, I haven't really followed McClean's antics over the years, apart from consantly hearing that he's a twat.

Apologies to you both. I'll leave my post up as a lesson to anyone thinking about half-reading something and flying off the handle: don't do it kids, it makes you look like a right whopper.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
As for Mansfield v Wrexham: what a great game. Or at least it was until the pitch turned into a cae tatws in the second half.

It could've gone either way; I think Mansfield and Wrexham were pretty evenly matched in both recent fixtures (the Wrexham that went to Stockport would've been hammered by Mansfield, though) and had Mansfield nicked a result in either game, I think it would've been fair enough. Without Mullin, I think that may have been the case. That's what he's paid £300,000 a week for, I suppose.

I'm quite liking the O'Connor-Tozer-Evans back three for Wrexham. I was expecting Keillor-Dunn to really expose HMS Tozer, but it didn't seem to happen. Relieved to be in the second round, more than anything.

I disagree regarding our league game, we dominated for the entire first half, and edged the second, ridiculous we did not win that.

Saturday was different, we started like we did in the league game but after 15 minutes Wrexham had a equally good spell and finished the first half the better side, you looked like a promotion chasing side Saturday. Overall both sides had enough chances to put 3/4 away each. Both goalkeepers were impressive too. DKD had his worst game in a Stags top this season by far, to be fair him amongst others looked absolutely shattered by half time, Port Vale on Tuesday took a lot out of us I reckon.

Got no issue with the result, it was pretty close game but Wrexham better finishing on the night won it, although how that second came about via the most ridiculous deflection is a bit of a shit way to lose the game.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Was still a lot to do after the 'ridiculous deflection'.

If we hadn't won that game it would have been a travesty.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Was still a lot to do after the 'ridiculous deflection'.

If we hadn't won that game it would have been a travesty.

Yeah you did brilliantly before and after the ridiculous deflection, which it was, wasn’t it? Love how you got defensive over that, yet I’m praising how good you were. Grow up.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Yeah you did brilliantly before and after the ridiculous deflection, which it was, wasn’t it? Love how you got defensive over that, yet I’m praising how good you were. Grow up.

Have you had a drink? I'm not being defensive at all. You were characterising the goal as a flukey deflection (like our goal v Notts). It was a lucky deflection, followed by a good pass and excellent first time finish. Still a lot to do.

Grow up yourself.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Have you had a drink? I'm not being defensive at all. You were characterising the goal as a flukey deflection (like our goal v Notts). It was a lucky deflection, followed by a good pass and excellent first time finish. Still a lot to do.

Grow up yourself.

I’ve already said previously it was a good finish, Infact all goals were that night so you are incorrect, but it came about via a ridiculous deflection, which is undeniably correct. Not difficult.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
What am I incorrect about? you're babbling and contradicting yourself.

It was a deflection, but the Mansfield defender, not really under any pressure, just spanked it at his teammate and then missed the interception when the ball came back towards him. So it was a defensive error if anything.

Mansfield goal was also a great finish, the best of the night, but it also came from an attempted clearance that luckily came back off the striker. These thing just happen.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I disagree regarding our league game, we dominated for the entire first half, and edged the second, ridiculous we did not win that.

Saturday was different, we started like we did in the league game but after 15 minutes Wrexham had a equally good spell and finished the first half the better side, you looked like a promotion chasing side Saturday. Overall both sides had enough chances to put 3/4 away each. Both goalkeepers were impressive too. DKD had his worst game in a Stags top this season by far, to be fair him amongst others looked absolutely shattered by half time, Port Vale on Tuesday took a lot out of us I reckon.

Got no issue with the result, it was pretty close game but Wrexham better finishing on the night won it, although how that second came about via the most ridiculous deflection is a bit of a shit way to lose the game.
Everyone in our team were knackered earlier than usual too, the pitch taking its toll I reckon as well as the game starting very high intensity.

Everyone besides James Jones mind, who is an absolute machine. Looked as lively in the 90th as he did in the 1st minute, he's really been key to us this year.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Not more Wrexham BEEF, even the Wealdstone fans are saying you need to calm it down a bit lads.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Fancy these for TV:

Eastleigh v Reading
Chester/York v Wigan
Aldershot v Stockport
Alfreton v Walsall
Wrexham v Yeovil (S4C & ESPN+)

Then one of Chesterfield v Orient, Wimbledon v Ramsgate or Sutton v Slough if Slough see it out.
Only wrong on Aldershot v Stockport and Wrexham being picked up by ITV.

Ours is a crap pick in terms of a game to watch (on paper anyway) but it'll draw in decent streaming numbers, still a decent enough time for ESPN as well.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Why’s wrexham vs yeovil on tv?

or wimbledon vs ramsgate?

they’re ridiculous games to have on tv, surely that’s a joke.

Chesterfield vs orient would surely be better than both of those for instance?

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Why’s wrexham vs yeovil on tv?

or wimbledon vs ramsgate?

they’re ridiculous games to have on tv, surely that’s a joke.

Wrexham v Yeovil has attracted more people to that post asking why it's been picked than the number of people that'd tune in for Chesterfield v Orient.

We're absolutely MASSIVE, that's why we're on.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Apparently that one gets the Sunday 2pm highlights slot .

As is Aldershot v Stockport .

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Wrexham v Yeovil has attracted more people to that post asking why it's been picked than the number of people that'd tune in for Chesterfield v Orient.

We're absolutely MASSIVE, that's why we're on.

that’s the problem, give proper fans a choice and it would be chesterfield vs orient anyday, but of course they’re advertising to the simple fans who don’t go to football or probably understand it either

Nothing against either side but it’s a bit of a farce

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
If I wasn't a Wrexham supporter I wouldn't want to watch us play Yeovil either. Much more interesting ties. It is viewing figures pure and simple.

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
"All forgotten about" was in regard to McClean's vile and sickening attempt of humour with that balaclava stunt he did during lockdown rather than the wider Troubles conflict and you know it was. Something which he's on record as calling a "light hearted joke".
He said he intended it as a joke but in hindsight understands why people were upset. Do you think there's any chance that calling it "vile and sickening" is a massive overreaction when maybe all he was doing was trying to make his kids understand what his generation grew up with?

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
If I wasn't a Wrexham supporter I wouldn't want to watch us play Yeovil either. Much more interesting ties. It is viewing figures pure and simple.
In fairness we are on and its the same gap in levels.

Tinpot and proud

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow
I don’t know...Yeovil are doing a Wrexham type run form wise in the NLS and are the top dogs right now....Mark Coopers got them firing big style right now, could be a good match, better than the last drubbing you gave them.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
In fairness we are on and its the same gap in levels.
It's always more interesting when the higher league team are away. I doubt many would have an issue with our game being picked if it was at Yeovil.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
I can see why Wrexham v Yeovil was picked, 2 clubs with FA Cup giant killing pedigree, one down on it’s luck against one on the up. And that’s without the Deadpool and Ronald McDonald factor.

Likewise with the Ramsgate game, Cray Valley PM aside they’re the lowest ranked team left in the competition.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I can see why Wrexham v Yeovil was picked, 2 clubs with FA Cup giant killing pedigree, one down on it’s luck against one on the up. And that’s without the Deadpool and Ronald McDonald factor.

Likewise with the Ramsgate game, Cray Valley PM aside they’re the lowest ranked team left in the competition.
The last time we faced Yeovil in the FA Cup, they were in the league below us and beat us 4-1. That was also televised.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

The one down on its luck is currently on a 13 game winning streak.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
The one down on its luck is currently on a 13 game winning streak.

10 years ago they were in the Championship, now they’re in the same division as Hemel Hempstead Town and Aveley. I’d call that down on its luck, 13 game winning streak or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yorkshire Amber
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!