The League 2 Promotion thread

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Amusing this element of Stags and Exeter fans still saying we are sh*te. Even now.
You are shite? You're doing slightly above average in the worst league 2 we've had in in probably a decade. You're shite but you're slightly better than the rest of the league, who are shite. Why do you think you're Barcelona? It's fucking weird. You're shite.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Right. You lot are fucking weird. I'm going back to..1FF. Freaks. I look forward to Lincoln , Mansfield, Carlisle and Tranmere playing Barcelona, City, Liverpool, PSG & Munich in next year's Champions League, you fucking legends.

Note when it says 1ff, that's a default autocorrect for footy forums, not sure why the 1 appears in front when you type the double f)

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
You are shite? You're doing slightly above average in the worst league 2 we've had in in probably a decade. You're shite but you're slightly better than the rest of the league, who are shite. Why do you think you're Barcelona? It's fucking weird. You're shite.
Thanks for the insights. What does that make Exeter on a scale of sh*teness ?

MonkeyDust

Reaction score
Supports
Bury

Stop sitting on the fence. Are they shite or not?

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
And yet we did the double against you keeping two clean sheets... :ds:
What the fuck is your point? Seriously? This is why this forum is utter trash and dying.

If East Thurrock smash Man City in a game it doesn't mean they're better than them. this is like talking to a 5 year old. Do you also want a pat on the head? A tickle under the chin? Oh wait, that's a pet. Either way it's your iq. I'm off for good now. Utter morons on this forum, at least your own fans forum isn't filled with the nonces like you and they actually talk with sense.

Toodles. Last post*.

*will post when we beat MK at Wembley

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Well well well... Was gutted the game was called off against Bury but seeing those results today is huge.

Tuesday is now one of the biggest games of the whole League Two season. A Bury win or draw and they’re up. A Tranmere win gives us real hope of the automatics. Yet if we lose, then we’re still not sure of the playoffs! As a fan that expected mid table at best, its great to be in this position.

All eyes on Prenton Park on Tuesday!

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Interesting day that took many twists and turns before pretty much ending the same way it started, with Bury and Exeter in the automatic and playoff driving seats.

At one point FGR looked like good bets for automatic promotion, then they chuck it all away. Mugs. Exeter scored late on too, when it looked like we might have five teams level on points.

I'd probably call the race for the final playoff spot a two-horse race between Exeter and Newport now. If Newport beat Oldham then it's probably them, if not then probably Exeter. Given there's always a chance of Newport and Exeter both losing then Colchester are in prime position to nab it.

We could have made things a lot easier on ourselves had we hung on to a four-goal lead today. It would have put Colchester's GD advantage within reach of a good day, whereas now, even if we hammer Yeovil it won't be good enough.
(ignores subsequent posts)
The problem is its not us in the driving seat, it's Newport. An away game at FGR is much harder than a home game to Oldham and away to Morecambe.
I can't see Tranmere not getting points, so we'll see you all next season!

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
What the fuck is your point? Seriously? This is why this forum is utter trash and dying.

If East Thurrock smash Man City in a game it doesn't mean they're better than them. this is like talking to a 5 year old. Do you also want a pat on the head? A tickle under the chin? Oh wait, that's a pet. Either way it's your iq. I'm off for good now. Utter morons on this forum, at least your own fans forum isn't filled with the nonces like you and they actually talk with sense.

Toodles. Last post*.

Jesus, relax. My tongue was firmly in cheek, stop being so highly strung.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Exeter 0-5 Mansfield.

They are too good for this league, and they never lose against the lower clubs in the division. We've no chance.

I'd like to take this moment to formally congratulate Mansfield on winning the title and beating Lincoln to the title.

- Now, reality for a second. Exeter 2-0 Mansfield. Hiram and Brown are both finally back, and last time they were both fully fit we were top of the league and above Lincoln - Mansfield, despite their good record at SJP have flopped a bit recently and they're shite away. Comfortable home win with finally a full squad again (Bar Bowman)
Just to remind everyone what actual intelligence and football knowledge looks like.

Plumbob

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
You know you’re shit when you lose to us!
Is that slightly a bit above average shit? What do we mean by average shit? Is is median, or do we mean mean shit? I'm confused. We are above average shit, I know, but thread is so distressingly difficult to ascertain the true scales.
Think plasticity is an easier scale to use. We are clearly high on that one, and Devon lads propensity to post after victory seems to give him a true place on that scale.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
(ignores subsequent posts)
The problem is its not us in the driving seat, it's Newport. An away game at FGR is much harder than a home game to Oldham and away to Morecambe.
I can't see Tranmere not getting points, so we'll see you all next season!

We're pretty shit at home and are on the floor after yesterday's collapse, plus we now have nothing to play for. Can see you beating us next week.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Is that slightly a bit above average shit? What do we mean by average shit? Is is median, or do we mean mean shit? I'm confused. We are above average shit, I know, but thread is so distressingly difficult to ascertain the true scales.
Think plasticity is an easier scale to use. We are clearly high on that one, and Devon lads propensity to post after victory seems to give him a true place on that scale.

Well when you can score 4 against exeter but then can’t manage a win against such world beaters (sorry) as Crewe, Northampton and Stevenage go figure.

Stringy

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Amusing this element of Stags and Exeter fans still saying we are sh*te. Even now.

I know I keep harping on about it but you had two badly overweight players and the victory was one of the more comfortable victories this year. It felt like we were playing a non-league outfit and I thought you'd do alright but not finish too high like us in our first season back in the league. Obviously, it was only one game. I am impressed by Tranmere's form but still surprised.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Yeah, cheers Jeff. If you don't understand what I meant then you're an idiot. No wonder I stopped posting on this site when there's imbeciles like you here. Peace out
This mean you're leaving again? Oh no how will this site get by without you

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
I know I keep harping on about it but you had two badly overweight players and the victory was one of the more comfortable victories this year. It felt like we were playing a non-league outfit and I thought you'd do alright but not finish too high like us in our first season back in the league. Obviously, it was only one game. I am impressed by Tranmere's form but still surprised.
Neither of them have been playing recently. Besides, Ncnulty was even more overweight when he played for Luton and he was named in the league two team of the season. He's always been that type of player, though he is getting on a bit now.

Reactions: RLC

MaineRoad_96

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln
Right. You lot are fucking weird. I'm going back to..1FF. Freaks. I look forward to Lincoln , Mansfield, Carlisle and Tranmere playing Barcelona, City, Liverpool, PSG & Munich in next year's Champions League, you fucking legends.

Note when it says 1ff, that's a default autocorrect for footy forums, not sure why the 1 appears in front when you type the double f)

Someone tell his Mum to take his phone off him.

Dean

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere

Toodles. Last post*.

What a strange cat you are. You make zero sense and are convinced everyone on here is the moron but you talk more shite than everyone on here combined.

Do us all a favour and don’t come back.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Every team has poor games, and we were reduced to ten men for sixty minutes of that one. I am just confused as to why an opposition fan who saw us for ninety minutes when we were in poor form, suffering with injuries and down to ten men, would think they are in a better position to assess us than those who have seen us fifty-odd times this season.

We are only a few points below you in the table. Common sense tells you there is not much between the teams.

Stringy

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Every team has poor games, and we were reduced to ten men for sixty minutes of that one. I am just confused as to why an opposition fan who saw us for ninety minutes when we were in poor form, suffering with injuries and down to ten men, would think they are in a better position to assess us than those who have seen us fifty-odd times this season.

We are only a few points below you in the table. Common sense tells you there is not much between the teams.

True, you've a greater and superior sample but we've also played 40+ games and on that occasion you were one of the poorer teams, so I think it's fair enough to say it as long as we acknowledge it was just one game.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
Really can't see us turning up and beating MK based on recent performances. Hope I'm wrong. Long week ahead now, Hope Bury beat Tranmere so we can afford to get a point.

Tranmerewhite

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Why was that Crewe goal disallowed? Thought the FGR keeper fouled the Crewe striker if anything. Refs in this league are abysmal

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
SkyBets final league table has Stevenage sneaking into play offs.
Conversation on this site has given little mention on that.

1556453899596.png

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Right - PERMUTATIONS time!!!!

I'll do it club by club this time, cos it's probably easier.

LINCOLN 85pts, GD+33, Colchester (H)
The only thing at stake for Lincoln is the most underwhelming championship celebration in history should they fail to win any of their final five games; although as Nathan Jones will attest, 2nd place is the real prize that proves you're the best team in the division so perhaps it's just as well Lincoln have done themselves out of that already.

BURY 77pts, GD+26, Tranmere (A), Port Vale (H)
If they get anything at all from Tranmere on Tuesday then Bury are up (since Mansfield and MKD can't both overhaul a two point lead) If they beat Tranmere then they are guaranteed second place to boot. If they lose that game then they have another chance at home to Port Vale (same requirements, a point to go up, a win to secure second). If they lose both then they would slip out of the top three if Tranmere win on the final day, unless MKD and Mansfield draw and Bury's margin of defeat across the two games is less than six.

MANSFIELD 76pts, GD+29, MK Dons (A)
A win will see Mansfield promoted (and they can get second place should Bury fail to win either of their games). A draw should see them promoted barring an 8 goal victory for FGR on the final day (or if Tranmere beat Bury and then win on the final day while Bury draw). Defeat would mean they have to settle for the playoffs. Defeat would mean settling for the playoffs, and they could potentially finish as low as sixth if there is an 8 goal swing in GD with FGR and Tranmere win both games, or win one and draw one, turning around a 14 GD advantage in the process.

MK DONS 76pts, GD+21, Mansfield (H)
A win will see MK Dons promoted (and they can get second place should Bury fail to win either of their games). If they draw then they would have to settle for the playoffs unless they draw while Bury lose both their games with a margin of six across their two games and Tranmere fail to win on the final day. Defeat and they would be in the playoffs, potentially as low as sixth if Tranmere win both games and FGR win on the final day.

FGR 73pts, GD+21, Exeter (H)
A win could see FGR into the final automatic spot provided Tranmere don't win both their remaining games (and don't overturn a 6 goal difference advantage in the process) and provided MKD and Mansfield don't draw. Failing that, if they win and Mansfield win then FGR will finish 4th (again provided Tranmere don't overhaul them). A draw would either see them finish 5th, if Tranmere fail to win either of their two games, or otherwise 6th. If they lose then they'll finish 5th provided Tranmere only pick up one point from two games.

TRANMERE 72pts, GD+15, Bury (H), Crawley (A)
If Tranmere beat Bury on Tuesday and then Crawley on the final day, they will take the final playoff place if MKD and Mansfield draw. They could finish as high as second if Bury also lose their final game, while they could still get into the final playoff place if Bury lose and there is a winner out of MKD and Mansfield. In the same situation but with Bury drawing their final game then Tranmere would need an 11 goal swing in goal difference to overtake Bury (a long shot but do-able if Tranmere were to thrash Bury on Tuesday). As long as Tranmere pick up a point from those two games then they are guaranteed to be in the playoffs as Exeter can't overtake them, even if Newport could mathematically overhaul them with a seventeen goal swing in GD. Should Tranmere lose both while Exeter win and Newport win both their games then they could drop out of the playoffs altogether. It requires only a four goal turnaround by Exeter and since you're going to get a minimum three goal turnaround in that situation then Exeter only need a further goal swing in GD to go ahead on goals scored (unless Tranmere's losses are while scoring a few themselves). Whew! Tranmere the only team who could be promoted automatically or miss out on the playoffs altogether.

EXETER 69pts, GD+11, FGR (A)
Provided Newport fail to beat Oldham on Tuesday, then Exeter can secure the final playoff place with a win; potentially overtaking Tranmere if Tranmere lose both, Exeter win and overturn a slight GD advantage. If Newport win on Tuesday then Exeter need to either better Newport's result on the final day. Goal difference all but ensures that a Newport defeat and Exeter draw on the final day would see Exeter through provided none of Colchester, Carlisle and Stevenage overhaul their goal difference (only realistic for Colchester with 2 to overhaul) or as above, overhaul Tranmere. If Exeter draw then they will drop out of the playoff places should Newport win at least one and avoid defeat in their final two games, or if as before, one of the three teams below win and overhaul the goal difference.

COLCHESTER 67pts, GD+9, Lincoln (A)
CARLISLE 67pts, GD+5, Yeovil (A)
STEVENAGE 67pts, GD+2, Cheltenham (H)
I've lumped these three teams together as they're only seperated by goal difference and so the permutations are mostly the same. For any of them, to get into the playoffs they have to win their final game and hope Exeter don't. Assuming Newport beat Oldham on Tuesday then they also must hope Newport lose. They need to maintain a GD lead over Newport, which all three currently have (Colchester and Carlisle relatively comfortably) and if Exeter pick up a point they need to overhaul Exeter's goal difference too (only Colchester likely to manage that). If Exeter and Newport both lose then any of these teams can get into the playoffs with a win. Stevenage realistically could only do it if Colchester and Carlisle both fail to win while Carlisle would need a good win to overhaul Colchester. If Newport draw on Tuesday then the same applies but they only need to better Newport's result on the final day while if Newport were to lose to Oldham then they can largely forget about Newport who will join them on 67 points but with much worse goal difference.

NEWPORT 67pts, GD-2, Oldham (H), Morecambe (A)
If Newport win on Tuesday then they go into the final game with a point advantage and will get into the playoffs if they beat Morecambe. If they draw then they will still be a point ahead of the three teams currently between them and the playoffs, needing a win (they won't be able to draw two and get into the playoffs on goal difference) and an Exeter draw or defeat to claim the final playoff spot. If they lose then they remain where they are and can be lumped onto the end of the paragraph above, however will essentially need to win while Exeter, Colchester, Carlisle and Stevenage all lose, since they're quite far behind on goal difference.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
SkyBets final league table has Stevenage sneaking into play offs.
Conversation on this site has given little mention on that.

View attachment 10839
They're outsiders at this point. One of three teams who need to win their final game while hoping Newport and Exeter lose, and goal difference is against them so they're unlikely to go up unless Colchester and Carlisle also fail to win, which is what seems to have happened in this scenario. They are the only one there with home advantage on the final day, and they are on good form but other than that it's not too likely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!