Stickied The Mental Health Thread.

Reaction score
Supports
Dr Tony's Villa Revolution
Well, I've been feeling better in myself so have cut down my citalopram from 40mg to 20mg, been fine for 3 days, but today when I just went shopping (half hour out of the house maximum) I've had a fair anxiety attack, not crippling, but still not fantastic. Think I'd best take the doctor's advice and go see them about cutting down/coming off. Shall persist on the 20mg though, as I'm now feeling fine again, and have off days with the 40mg anyway. My main issue is (as you can probably guess from this post) anxiety, don't have much issue with depression, other than the anxiety pissing me off and getting me angry at myself which then shoots out in bursts of anger to others.

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Well, I've been feeling better in myself so have cut down my citalopram from 40mg to 20mg, been fine for 3 days, but today when I just went shopping (half hour out of the house maximum) I've had a fair anxiety attack, not crippling, but still not fantastic. Think I'd best take the doctor's advice and go see them about cutting down/coming off. Shall persist on the 20mg though, as I'm now feeling fine again, and have off days with the 40mg anyway. My main issue is (as you can probably guess from this post) anxiety, don't have much issue with depression, other than the anxiety pissing me off and getting me angry at myself which then shoots out in bursts of anger to others.
I'm glad you're doing well jase, I came off medication a while ago and it's better but still difficult. The hardest thing I've found is trying to work out when I'm feeling naturally anxious or depressed for a reason and when I'm actually struggling.
All the best with everything mate.

Reaction score
Supports
Cheers, I don't work out regardless, so can't see that being an issue! The biggest was feeling trapped in my own home for fear of going out, and when I was out, feeling that I was being followed. Not great. :lol:

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Cheers, I don't work out regardless, so can't see that being an issue! The biggest was feeling trapped in my own home for fear of going out, and when I was out, feeling that I was being followed. Not great. :lol:
It's not great mate, but it does get easier ( cliche alert) part of my illness is getting over confrontational or completely withdrawing when I'm faced with stressful situations. I'm always close to fucking up but the trick I've found is not to smash yourself to pieces when you do:lol:
Anytime you need any advice or just to fucking vent , just pm me .

Reaction score
Supports
Cheers mate, my general response to problems is run away (tax bill, electric bill, council tax....) it's gotten me in a lot of trouble with various companies. :lol:

Baz

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Twitter
@mrnebarry
Schools suck don't they? The boys school don't have the staff to put a procedure Ed Psych wants in place....yet the head won't even take on willing parent volunteers/trainee ta's to help the burden sodding eejit.

Baz

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Twitter
@mrnebarry
Well my absence has been down to MH issues. Been trying to keep on top of my own MH whilst dealing with so much crap off the 8 year old with all those obvious issues. Good news is CAMHS have finally accepted his referral, bad news is all support stops because of that, so yeah that's crap.

Been very up and down myself, snowed under with work, then coming home to dealing with all the crap at home I haven't known if i'm coming or going. I'm not brilliant at the moment but i'm better than I was not so long ago.

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Well my absence has been down to MH issues. Been trying to keep on top of my own MH whilst dealing with so much crap off the 8 year old with all those obvious issues. Good news is CAMHS have finally accepted his referral, bad news is all support stops because of that, so yeah that's crap.

Been very up and down myself, snowed under with work, then coming home to dealing with all the crap at home I haven't known if i'm coming or going. I'm not brilliant at the moment but i'm better than I was not so long ago.
It's good to see you Baz. Glad things are getting better. Missed ya :)

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town

Keep at it, are you getting much support at the moment for yourself?

As for myself, Crisis team here in Scarborough have given me a referral to consultant psychiatrist finally and I've been told to educate myself on all three of Borderline Personality Disorder, Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder, or Bipolar Disorder. It's only take me 9 years to finally get to the stage of a diagnosis... fucking NHS... they're hopefully I'll be "named" as one of them within the next week or two then treatment can start. They've already taken me off Fluoxetine in preparation which is another positive.

Baz

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Twitter
@mrnebarry
Keep at it, are you getting much support at the moment for yourself?

As for myself, Crisis team here in Scarborough have given me a referral to consultant psychiatrist finally and I've been told to educate myself on all three of Borderline Personality Disorder, Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder, or Bipolar Disorder. It's only take me 9 years to finally get to the stage of a diagnosis... fucking NHS... they're hopefully I'll be "named" as one of them within the next week or two then treatment can start. They've already taken me off Fluoxetine in preparation which is another positive.

Nah no support for myself just my own coping strategies i've had in place for a while. If I feel myself getting to that point of no return i'll go to the Drs.

Unofficially a Psychopherapist thinks the boy is Bi-Polar. He's ruled out ADHD and ADD, however without an official diagnosis from whoever we see at CAMHS there still isn't a lot we can do as we don't know what to be researching. The scary thing for me is when he's lashing out he is saying things like he wants to die, yet he has no understanding, so no idea where he is picking up these kinds of things.

Reaction score
Supports
It's good to see you Baz. Glad things are getting better. Missed ya :)

Precisely as I was going to say.

To follow on from my previous posts in here, been off the antidepressants since I posted and feeling better than ever to be honest. The more I think about it the more I think I have SAD rather than anything else. Still get bouts of anxiety, but learning to deal with them.

Baz

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Twitter
@mrnebarry
Precisely as I was going to say.

To follow on from my previous posts in here, been off the antidepressants since I posted and feeling better than ever to be honest. The more I think about it the more I think I have SAD rather than anything else. Still get bouts of anxiety, but learning to deal with them.
I still get bouts of anxiety, even when i'm having a great time of it mentally haha, pesky thing is anxiety.

Techno Natch

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City

It must be a massive struggle to deal with your own mental health and also be expected to support someone entirely dependent upon you with their own issues so fair play. Hope things sort out and as AG said glad they're improving. Obviously the trouble that your child gives you is because of his own issues as well and so I hope you get some support soon. Echoing what we've all said but MH is still criminally underrated.

Last edited:

Baz

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Twitter
@mrnebarry
Massive struggle is an understatement, especially now as he's seemingly starting to self harm, again even though he doesn't know or understand what the hell he is doing to himself.

Skinner

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Palace
Had a few issues myself this year, nothing on the scale of others but still completely changed who I am, and until now it's not something I've spoken about apart from my GP.

I had a lot of problems at home with the mother of my child, feeling trapped and couldn't get out of it for over four years, even my own family were seemingly forcing me to stay with her and it was causing me not to go home as I didn't want to even communicate with her, so my pub hours were going through the roof.

November last year I met someone new, she was great and I didn't want to let another opportunity go due to me being stuck with someone that I couldn't stand to be with, so I did the wrong thing, morally and the right thing for me at the time and had an affair, not just sex but basically two girlfriends. The one I was with first found out by going through my phone on Christmas Day and it all went to shit from there. I lost my family, I started to see my son only once a week and it was effecting me at work (a wanker of a supervisor didn't help), the drinking got worse. I drunkenly done something stupid one night in February and got myself arrested and sacked.

All of a sudden I found myself living in an area where I didn't know anyone (with the bird I met in November), from being the golden boy with a company that I enjoyed working for to being unemployed and nobody would hire me, without a family to help me out, completely out of my comfort zone. The odd day I did work and got paid for I was just spending the cash in the pub.

Finally found a decent job at the end of March but anxiety was effecting me from doing things I could do in my sleep just a few months prior. I just kept panicking, over thinking every lift I done, thinking something was going to fall out of the air/go wrong because of my own errors. For someone that was so confident in themselves before, not just in work but in every day life, I felt stupid.

I didn't take up the referrals by my GP, dunno why, I just didn't. I've just sort of stuck everything out and it's done me good. I still have the odd day where I ain't really with it and I just blow everything out and sit in the pub all day, but it's very rare now.

It was just the weirdest/worst (thankfully short) period of my life yet. I didn't really pay much attention to people with MH problems before, but not being in control of your mind/thoughts is something I take very seriously now, even though I didn't have to deal with a great deal.

I've also never been dependant on alcohol, by the way.

Baz

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Twitter
@mrnebarry
I wouldn't say you didn't deal with a great deal, as dealing with any kind of MH issues is a massive deal.

I'm royally peed off with a GP regarding the boy. He's started to do little things to himself, so we though we'd do the right thing and go back to the doctors to make them aware of the situation and hopefully to put a push on waiting times due to what he's doing.....the stupid f'ing doctor put a call straight in to social services for child protection.....despite an hours consultation with the doctor refusing to listen to the 8 year old telling him what he's been doing!!! We are fuming and an official complaint is going in against the eejit doctor.

For what it's worth, here's a picture of the boys "injuries"...decide what he's done for yourself.
CmiJwzbXgAEVoAz.jpg:large

Skinner

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Palace
Isn't that on the bicep what most kids that age do, ie giving themselves a love bite/sucking the blood to the skin?

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
I wouldn't say you didn't deal with a great deal, as dealing with any kind of MH issues is a massive deal.

I'm royally peed off with a GP regarding the boy. He's started to do little things to himself, so we though we'd do the right thing and go back to the doctors to make them aware of the situation and hopefully to put a push on waiting times due to what he's doing.....the stupid f'ing doctor put a call straight in to social services for child protection.....despite an hours consultation with the doctor refusing to listen to the 8 year old telling him what he's been doing!!! We are fuming and an official complaint is going in against the eejit doctor.

For what it's worth, here's a picture of the boys "injuries"...decide what he's done for yourself.
CmiJwzbXgAEVoAz.jpg:large
Fucks sake, this is one of the reasons mental health issues aren't dealt with. Have you had contact from child protection yet? They tend to be on the ball these days and staffed with good people who will call bullshit on the GP. That's a really shit bit of buck passing from the doctor which isn't helpful at all. I can only imagine how stressful this situation is for you. Thoughts with you and your family. Anything I can do , just message me.

Baz

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Twitter
@mrnebarry
Fucks sake, this is one of the reasons mental health issues aren't dealt with. Have you had contact from child protection yet? They tend to be on the ball these days and staffed with good people who will call bullshit on the GP. That's a really shit bit of buck passing from the doctor which isn't helpful at all. I can only imagine how stressful this situation is for you. Thoughts with you and your family. Anything I can do , just message me.

They were called by the GP today so expecting them at somepoint in the coming days. For what it's worth Social Services themselves have rejected referrals from people for them to support us with the boy already, so no idea what CP will make of it all.

Isn't that on the bicep what most kids that age do, ie giving themselves a love bite/sucking the blood to the skin?

Yeah, pretty certain...

For what it's worth, the boy himself, kept telling the doctor he's been sucking his arms, he doesn't know why he's doing it but that's what he's been doing, so no idea what the GP is seeing. It's no wonder a lot of doctors get a bad rep.

BetterCallSaul

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
I'm pretty bad when it comes to mental health, only got worse as I've gotten older.

Suffer with pretty bad anxiety and had sucidial thoughts only a few months ago. Lost my job over it, they wanted me to go councillors and go on tablets.

Not something I want to do, as I hate the idea of it. Have up and down days, as expected, not really sure how to make it better. I'm too afraid to go doctors and I can't talk about it with my parents. It's a fun life.

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
I'm pretty bad when it comes to mental health, only got worse as I've gotten older.

Suffer with pretty bad anxiety and had sucidial thoughts only a few months ago. Lost my job over it, they wanted me to go councillors and go on tablets.

Not something I want to do, as I hate the idea of it. Have up and down days, as expected, not really sure how to make it better. I'm too afraid to go doctors and I can't talk about it with my parents. It's a fun life.
You need to see someone, go to a doctor/ therapist/ crisis worker. You're not alone and you're right it is fucking scary but you need support. It's horrible thinking you're alone but you're really not. It doesn't have to be tablets there's loads of ways of getting better but having someone to confide in and talk to is really important.
It's not easy accepting you have mental health issues but trying to cope by yourself is harder.
http://www.mind.org.uk/
That's the website for a charity that have done so much for me and many others.
Please seek some support mate and I hope things get better for you.

silkyman

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town/Manchester City. It's complicated.
+1
Definitely go and see someone. The problem with mental health problems is that they are in the mind. It's probably a contributing factor for why you are scared of doctors. It's their job to help you.

JJH

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
They were called by the GP today so expecting them at somepoint in the coming days. For what it's worth Social Services themselves have rejected referrals from people for them to support us with the boy already, so no idea what CP will make of it all.

For what it's worth, the boy himself, kept telling the doctor he's been sucking his arms, he doesn't know why he's doing it but that's what he's been doing, so no idea what the GP is seeing. It's no wonder a lot of doctors get a bad rep.
Yeah, I used to suck my arm and make a mark on the skin all the time when I was younger; my Mum used to go mental about it, but it was just a weird habit.

I'm shocked they've put contacted social services about it. Won't pretend to be an expert on mental health as I've never gone through any dark stages in my life to date mentally, but I'm glad you're on the road to recovery, and I hope you can get your son back on track as well.

Reactions: Baz

Baz

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Twitter
@mrnebarry

Sharing this with us is a massive step too. People don't realise that the hardest thing to do is to admit there is a problem. MIND are brilliant, but also don't underestimate your GP. Just because i've seen an idiot with my 8 year old doesn't mean all are the same. My personal GP is superb around MH issues. It's not all about tablets etc it's based around coping techniques that you need to find what works for you. Unfortunately that does mean trial and error, but usually tablets is a last option if you tell them you don't want to go on tablets.

BetterCallSaul

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Thabks guys, I'll have a look at that MIND thing, but my doctors are all over the place at the moment. I don't even know who my doctor is, one died suddenly and the other retired. Left the doctors a little bit up the shitter for the time being.

I'm sure what I say won't come as a shock as others have all felt the same. I'm just very scared of being out on tablets. My mum suffers with post natal, had it when she gave birth to me. I've grown up watching my mum just be a complete wreck really. It's heartbreaking, and I see how I'm turning the same. She tells me to not be like her but I can't help it.

She gets terrified of the smallest things, and thinks everything is going to kill her. I've grown up having to feel "lumps" on my mums body and telling her she's fine and that she isn't going to die of cancer.

Fucks with your head a bit really. It still gets to me now, she is on tablets. She depends on them really, and I think that's what I'm afraid of.

Reactions: JJH

Baz

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Twitter
@mrnebarry
Honestly, if the doctors decide you'll be better on tablets, they'll start you on them. The problem with tablets is finding the right tablet and the right dosage that works for you and that takes a lot of trial and error. I was on anti-depressants for a year but I did ask to come off them as I didn't want to be on them and my GP allowed for that to happen, by being weaned off the tablets over a period of 3 months or so.

Baz

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Twitter
@mrnebarry
Social Services threw out the referral by the GP due to his incompetence of completing the referral form, and due to the fact they can see referrals have been made to them for the boy to receive support around his behavioural/mental health issues they see no need to follow up with anything and even offered to help us find the support we need. They also told us they would be putting in a complaint against the GP for his referral as none of it made sense and said they back us up on a complaint we'll make against the standard of his consultation, win all round I say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshsuwus
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!