Stickied Transfer Rumours 2018/19

Ali Tajaldeen

Reaction score
Supports
Chelsea FC
Cahill, Ivanovic, and Azpilicueta always mess up, don't mean they aren't good defenders. On his day, Luiz is unbeatable. He will catch up to the fastest of players, he will overpower the strongest of players, he can score the best of goals, and he is in his prime. He is 29 years old, he is has the experience of playing against the best of teams, he will probably stay on his prime until hes about 33 and even after that, will probably still be a great player.

Luiz is a complete idiot, and he shows it in his game all the time, but what you can't take away from him, is his passion. One of the most passionate players I've seen wearing blue, the combination of him and Drogba in the changing room, with all their passion, they won us the Champions League. Also, players like them make the people in the changing room all get along better and enjoy their time here. I can just imagine the locker room with Luiz and Costa.

People hate him because they are only thinking of the bad times he had with us. Let them not forget that in the Champions League final, this guy carried the defense on his back. He was all over Bayern and they really struggled to get through him.

Bristol Rovers play in League one.
Lol, whatever man, just proves my point.

shane

Reaction score
Supports
Liverpool
Mario out on a free.

Never forget:

"

« on: August 31, 2014, 09:43:23 AM »

Dear Mario,
In this crazy world we live in, someone you've never heard of or will probably never meet, feels, as a Liverpool fan, that its ok to write to you on an internet page to say welcome. But here I am, and there you are, somewhere, preparing for the Spurs game today.

But I'm writing this with real meaning when I say welcome, because you are now at a club that is different, and a club where the fans genuinely care about their team. Now I'm quite sure every fan of any team would say that, but at Liverpool, you're not just a player, you a Liverpool player and that means you're part of our family. You are now one of us, and you are now family (you're welcome round for tea anytime mate).

Welcome to a bond with a set of fans that will not just sing your name, but look out for you, welcome to a ground where the feeling is different, a sense of history, family and warmth, of times shared and where the outside world and press are invited in but never truly part of it, welcome to a place, a sense of place, a culture that sets us apart from the rest of them.

I've read about your upbringing, it must be very odd to have your everyday shared with millions, your history available for analysis and comment by strangers, and then to be called 'crazy' by these people who haven't a clue. They are the crazy folk, they are the ones who think its ok to write about other people as if they are professional pyschologists, mind readers and judges of character. Not you.

Well, welcome to a club that sets apart from that world. Liverpool is a club that does it differently, where the emotions are heartfelt not invented, the flags are fabric not plastic and the noise deafeningly sincere.

Liverpool's great players have all been special, and different and gifted and marvellous to watch, and all of them acknowledge the club has a special place in their hearts. You are brilliant at your job, wonderful to watch, and you arriving here has made a lot of people excited. You have the gift of creating emotion in men's hearts, that's the real meaning of football, and I hope I speak for all Liverpool fans when I say, have the best time of your life here, have a great career and score lots of goals sure, but really, truly, have a great life whilst at our club.

In some ways, Mario, welcome home."

Stevencc

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
°
Cahill, Ivanovic, and Azpilicueta always mess up, don't mean they aren't good defenders. On his day, Luiz is unbeatable. He will catch up to the fastest of players, he will overpower the strongest of players, he can score the best of goals, and he is in his prime. He is 29 years old, he is has the experience of playing against the best of teams, he will probably stay on his prime until hes about 33 and even after that, will probably still be a great player.

Luiz is a complete idiot, and he shows it in his game all the time, but what you can't take away from him, is his passion. One of the most passionate players I've seen wearing blue, the combination of him and Drogba in the changing room, with all their passion, they won us the Champions League. Also, players like them make the people in the changing room all get along better and enjoy their time here. I can just imagine the locker room with Luiz and Costa.

People hate him because they are only thinking of the bad times he had with us. Let them not forget that in the Champions League final, this guy carried the defense on his back. He was all over Bayern and they really struggled to get through him.

He'll be entertaining one way or the other so I'm glad he's coming back to the Premier League but if all you wanted was a passionate idiot you could have hand picked one from the Stamford Bridge crowd for a lot cheaper.

G.B

Reaction score
Supports
Newcastle United
thank you everton. best hope you're on sky 30+ games this season

SALTIRE

Slàinte mhath!
Reaction score
Supports
A guid dram
Koeman knows what he's doing, doesn't he? :eye:

Nath

Reaction score
Supports
José

Every player makes mistakes, but he makes them far too often.

One of the most passionate Chelsea players? Was he not celebrating when PSG beat you in the Champions League? He said he wouldn't celebrate but went bonkers.

As I said he's a good player, but not a consistent defender. There are much better options out there, Chelsea were just unable to get them.

G.B

Reaction score
Supports
Newcastle United
whenever i read about luiz i get that picture of him thanking god after the 7-1 pasting brazil took off germany. if ever there was a game to sum up a players ability that was it for luiz. charging put of position like an idiot and costing his team multiple goals.

xpto999

Reaction score
Supports
Benfica
Slimani now official for Leicester. Nothing about Adrien Silva yet with time running out.
And apparently Liverpool is gonna loan Markovic to Sporting.

SALTIRE

Slàinte mhath!
Reaction score
Supports
A guid dram
Slimani now official for Leicester. Nothing about Adrien Silva yet with time running out.
He's been disappointing since his return, I think he'll do well going back to Portugal and then we can recoup some of the money spent on him next season.

Gilly?

Reaction score
Supports
British Darts Organisation
Twitter
@ActualGilly
Mario out on a free.

Never forget:

"

« on: August 31, 2014, 09:43:23 AM »

Dear Mario,
In this crazy world we live in, someone you've never heard of or will probably never meet, feels, as a Liverpool fan, that its ok to write to you on an internet page to say welcome. But here I am, and there you are, somewhere, preparing for the Spurs game today.

But I'm writing this with real meaning when I say welcome, because you are now at a club that is different, and a club where the fans genuinely care about their team. Now I'm quite sure every fan of any team would say that, but at Liverpool, you're not just a player, you a Liverpool player and that means you're part of our family. You are now one of us, and you are now family (you're welcome round for tea anytime mate).

Welcome to a bond with a set of fans that will not just sing your name, but look out for you, welcome to a ground where the feeling is different, a sense of history, family and warmth, of times shared and where the outside world and press are invited in but never truly part of it, welcome to a place, a sense of place, a culture that sets us apart from the rest of them.

I've read about your upbringing, it must be very odd to have your everyday shared with millions, your history available for analysis and comment by strangers, and then to be called 'crazy' by these people who haven't a clue. They are the crazy folk, they are the ones who think its ok to write about other people as if they are professional pyschologists, mind readers and judges of character. Not you.

Well, welcome to a club that sets apart from that world. Liverpool is a club that does it differently, where the emotions are heartfelt not invented, the flags are fabric not plastic and the noise deafeningly sincere.

Liverpool's great players have all been special, and different and gifted and marvellous to watch, and all of them acknowledge the club has a special place in their hearts. You are brilliant at your job, wonderful to watch, and you arriving here has made a lot of people excited. You have the gift of creating emotion in men's hearts, that's the real meaning of football, and I hope I speak for all Liverpool fans when I say, have the best time of your life here, have a great career and score lots of goals sure, but really, truly, have a great life whilst at our club.

In some ways, Mario, welcome home."

This is why I dislike a lot of Liverpool fans.

JimJams

Reaction score
Supports
Premier League Champions 15/16
Won't get Silva, been nothing about a medical and it's too late now.

xpto999

Reaction score
Supports
Benfica
He's been disappointing since his return, I think he'll do well going back to Portugal and then we can recoup some of the money spent on him next season.

I don't know how good Klopp is with developing players. He's only 22 and the potential is there, unless he was only good in our league.

Won't get Silva, been nothing about a medical and it's too late now.

That should teach him to keep his mouth shut next time. If he stays the fans now know how badly he wanted to leave. Probably will lose his captainancy.

As for Slimani, Leicester have signed a beast. He's fast, strong in the air and very agressive.
I think the Premier League will suit him perfectly.

HarvSFC

Jaffa Cake Quiz Champion 2015
Reaction score
Supports
Southampton
Looks like any signings from us will be backup players.

Massively underwhelming transfer window from us. Bottom half with a potential relegation battle on our hands.

It's been a shocking window and I didn't think we could do any worse than what we did last summer, but we have.

Simply put, the outgoing players weakened a squad that didn't have a lot of depth in it already.

All this talk about focusing on youth again, but our youngsters aren't going to turn into Luke Shaw's every season, reminds me of the last time we fell into League One.

We're in the Europa League, we all expected Mane and Wanyama to be sold and then we could kind of accept the ageing Pelle departing, however Koeman going has done us.

Then we move onto incomings, okay Boufal and Hojbjerg look like two good and up and coming players. Hopefully they'll be making £60m moves to Anfield. Even Redmond could fall into that bracket if we played him in the right position.

However, we needed more of these players, but we got McCarthy and Taylor to replace Davis and Stek/Gazzaniga. Then there's Pied, who couldn't get in the team when right back is our weakest position and is now injured.

I hope we don't now regret this in a few years like in 2009 when we were all thinking where did the money for Walcott, Bale, Beattie, Crouch etc go with us in League One.

Opportunity missed.

Nath

Reaction score
Supports
José
Basti is staying then.

Bizarre situation. He wasn't impressive last season but I hope José gives him a chance now. He's on the books, there's now no point keeping him in the reserves as nobody wanted him. We'd be better using in him the Europa League.

Dirk

Wir kommen wieder!
Reaction score
Supports
Hamburger SV
Basti is staying then.

Bizarre situation. He wasn't impressive last season but I hope José gives him a chance now. He's on the books, there's now no point keeping him in the reserves as nobody wanted him. We'd be better using in him the Europa League.

He just had his testimonial match in the friendly against Finland. His 121 cap, normally he wouldn't be considered for this match but as he made his retirement publicly a few weeks before the German FA decided to give him the Captain's armband one last time and declared this friendly as his testimonial match. A bit emotional and he had tears in the eyes. Typical Friendly match and he lasted 66 minutes and that was it. Auf Wiedersehen, Basti!

sunfrog24h

Reaction score
Supports
chelsea
wow,David Luiz returned to Chelsea. I still remember how he celebrated with PSG when scored against Chelsea . Worth the wait confrontation like that again

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Basti is staying then.

United still have five senior central midfielders not including Schweinsteiger, then you've got Blind and Fosu Mensah who can play there as well, he really isn't needed.

Benji

Reaction score
Supports
Expected Goals
Sissoko will probably do well at Spurs for a couple of months Newcastle getting ~£70m for Townsend, Wijnaldum and Sissoko is fantastic. Wijnaldum and Sissoko both believe they are Champion's League player who were let down by everyone else. If they start looking at themselves, they can play. Gini might, but Sissoko won't.

Nath

Reaction score
Supports
José
United still have five senior central midfielders not including Schweinsteiger, then you've got Blind and Fosu Mensah who can play there as well, he really isn't needed.

I agree, he's not needed. But we're paying him a lot of money, more than most of our midfielders. He's not going anywhere, so why not let him play a few games or even participate in first team training.

mistermagic

Reaction score
Supports
Stoke City (I don't make the rules, Epic73 does)
Twitter
@FinallyFifou
On his day, Luiz is unbeatable.
:lol:

It's been a shocking window and I didn't think we could do any worse than what we did last summer, but we have.

Simply put, the outgoing players weakened a squad that didn't have a lot of depth in it already.

All this talk about focusing on youth again, but our youngsters aren't going to turn into Luke Shaw's every season, reminds me of the last time we fell into League One.

We're in the Europa League, we all expected Mane and Wanyama to be sold and then we could kind of accept the ageing Pelle departing, however Koeman going has done us.

Then we move onto incomings, okay Boufal and Hojbjerg look like two good and up and coming players. Hopefully they'll be making £60m moves to Anfield. Even Redmond could fall into that bracket if we played him in the right position.

However, we needed more of these players, but we got McCarthy and Taylor to replace Davis and Stek/Gazzaniga. Then there's Pied, who couldn't get in the team when right back is our weakest position and is now injured.

I hope we don't now regret this in a few years like in 2009 when we were all thinking where did the money for Walcott, Bale, Beattie, Crouch etc go with us in League One.

Opportunity missed.
Boufal is an extremely talented player. Had you not bought him, I would have agreed but I doubt you'll be in that much trouble with players like Boufal and Redmond creating chances. It's not like you sold all your defence so not sure where this negativity is coming from. Apart from, y'know, having Puel as manager.

HarvSFC

Jaffa Cake Quiz Champion 2015
Reaction score
Supports
Southampton
:lol:

Boufal is an extremely talented player. Had you not bought him, I would have agreed but I doubt you'll be in that much trouble with players like Boufal and Redmond creating chances. It's not like you sold all your defence so not sure where this negativity is coming from. Apart from, y'know, having Puel as manager.

Basically, the league's got a lot stronger this season and we've not strengthened, just replaced outgoings when we were in a good position to push on further if we showed a little ambition.

If you're a Stoke fan now, I'd have been happy with Bony taking over the Pelle role in our squad, but we're going to face Inter Milan with two of Austin, Rodriguez, Long or Redmond leading the line.

G-Dragon

Reaction score
Supports
Liverpool
N’Golo Kante reveals Man Utd attempted to sign him prior to Chelsea move
Seems like United got Snubbed.

SALTIRE

Slàinte mhath!
Reaction score
Supports
A guid dram
Barcelona had first dibs on Pogba as well by all accounts, but didn't think he was worth the money Juve were asking.

JimJams

Reaction score
Supports
Which is bollocks. What they meant was they couldnt afford him. Same as Real.

G-Dragon

Reaction score
Supports
Liverpool
Spend over 100 million for a player Real don't need? Kroos and Modric much better players than Pogba. Marco Asensio looks a very good talent too.

JimJams

Reaction score
Supports
Yeah cos its not like Real have ever bought marquee players they dont need before is it. Have a fucking word.

SALTIRE

Slàinte mhath!
Reaction score
Supports
A guid dram
Which is bollocks. What they meant was they couldnt afford him. Same as Real.
So Barca or Real couldn't afford to pay £90 mill on a player if they wanted to? Really JimJams, really?

G-Dragon

Reaction score
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah cos its not like Real have ever bought marquee players they dont need before is it. Have a fucking word.
And when was the last time Real didn't buy a player cuz they couldn't afford him? Clueless.

Nilsson

Reaction score
Supports
Man Utd
Barcelona had first dibs on Pogba as well by all accounts, but didn't think he was worth the money Juve were asking.
So Barca or Real couldn't afford to pay £90 mill on a player if they wanted to? Really JimJams, really?

Us signing Pogba has really blown your mind hasn't it :lol:

Real Madrid definitely weren't in a position to spend that sort of money this summer (not without selling a few players anyway) and Barcelona were too slow. It was always between us and Madrid anyway, Barca are too small time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!