Tuesday 17th August

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
We’ve had enough teams do it to us over the years - I particularly remember Wycombe and Morecambe being masters at it. Actually nice to be the perpetrators rather than the victims for a change!
Oh don’t mention the name Wycombe, they’ve really winded us up over the years. Some of my most infuriating games at HP have been because of their blatant cheating. Notice how games they’re playing in goes to 90+10 most weeks? Horrible side with a d1ckhead for a manager

Guernica

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Imps 0 - 1 Bolton

Enjoyed that bar the result.

Great start to the evening with the announcement that TJ Eyoma has signed on a permanent. Great signing and fits in well recovering from an injury and not fully fit which is seems to be how the season has started.

On to the game, not much in it. Bolton i'm sure on the stats had most of the ball but didn't particularly create many chances. We had a few sniffs at goal, Scully missed a couple of good opportunities but our finishing was poor and we weren't aggressive enough in the press. Bolton had a mistake in them but we didn't press enough to force it, we conceded such a poor goal which they capatalised on.

Bolton then saw the game out comfortably, good game management which slowed the game down and will go on to have a good season.

We'll be okay once we get the players back fit, I thought our midfield didn't work as a home midfield, all 3 are fairly one paced and didn't have a player to get forward and push past Hopper. The game was crying out for Teddy Bishop, presuming he's picked up an injury? If Johnson and Rogers were in that team, we would have the 3 points, we need to work out a way to replace them and find more goal throughout the team.

Dinmiru

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
With back to back 3-3's that was a big result for us mentally to get the monkey off of our back to prove we can do the thing that got us promoted. The hard fought, battling, nitty griity 1-0 away wins from last season. It was a very open match which we should come to expect as Evatt has us playing with such a high line that we have lots of the ball but as soon as we lose it on the transition we look vulnerable. Lincoln won the midfield battle the first half but they seemed to tire in the second half & we adjusted well whilst upping the intensity. If Lincoln had have thrown lots of crosses into our box we would have probably struggled like at the weekend against Wimbledon but they didn't & we looked relatively solid. In regards to our torrid pre season in terms of covid & injuries we've had a relatively decent start to the season where we should get fitter & stronger

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
You were using all the dark arts in the book helped by a terrible, weak referee. How is Chris Sarginson a football league ref? Every time we’ve had him, he’s been terrible.

We missed some good chances, Camara in the first half should of scored his header, and Scarr came close twice in stoppage time.

We’ve currently got 4 out injured (Ennis, Mayor, Cooper and Bolton). 3 of which would be starting. Lowe still wants to sign two and we finished the game with a kid up front and two academy products in midfield, all who came off the bench.

Think you could struggle this season, your big lad up front looked isolated at times although Tracey looked good on the break. Just a frustrating evening all round, the ref was pathetic. One example, making your keeper move the ball in the 96th minute ffs!
I’m not saying we won’t struggle but it makes me laugh when opposite fans state they have 3 or 4 missing and kids playing so will improve. We on the other hand will struggle.

We played a left back at center back for 60 odd minutes and are down to bare bones. I’m not saying that means we’d have beaten you with those players back but we will be a tough nut at home and we take points like that away from home.

Your commentators on iFollow were excellent and really enjoyed the argyle tv coverage.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Cheltenham 2-1 Ipswich

Fuck me that looks good. If you had told me 6 years ago we'd be beating a former European trophy winner (I know it was 40 years ago, but let me have my moment) in a League game, with the shambles that was our club going into the summer of 2015 having been relegated to non-league, I'd have laughed in your face. Last night was fantastic though.

For 60 minutes, Ipswich were a level above. They won every second ball, they harried our players, making them make mistakes, and they looked like they could step it up a notch if they wanted to. We then get our equaliser, somewhat against the run of play and the Ipswich players just completely crumbled. From then until the final whistle we were the better team as they huffed and puffed and generally just ran out of ideas.

A great result after the collapse to Wycombe on Saturday.

Full credit to the 995 Ipswich fans in the away end (and however many in the home end, though not more than a few to be fair) who made a 4 hour trip on a Tuesday night and only went quiet in the last 10 mins or so.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Given the circumstances it was abot more encouraging at Oxford. We lost and and deserved to lose. But bar the goal (penalty) our keeper didn't really have a save to make. We created nothing until the last 10/15 minutes but in that time we really should have equalised. Griffiths header was the outstanding chance, and Adebisi in injury time probably should score too. We had 5 or 6 players that dropped out of the game late due to neuro virus, we couldn't fill the bench, two players made debuts despite on a couple of training sessions between them.

This season is going to be tough, but Oxford away is one of the tougher games and we were somewhat unlucky not to get a point with a team thrown together.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Imps 0 - 1 Bolton

Enjoyed that bar the result.

Great start to the evening with the announcement that TJ Eyoma has signed on a permanent. Great signing and fits in well recovering from an injury and not fully fit which is seems to be how the season has started.

On to the game, not much in it. Bolton i'm sure on the stats had most of the ball but didn't particularly create many chances. We had a few sniffs at goal, Scully missed a couple of good opportunities but our finishing was poor and we weren't aggressive enough in the press. Bolton had a mistake in them but we didn't press enough to force it, we conceded such a poor goal which they capatalised on.

Bolton then saw the game out comfortably, good game management which slowed the game down and will go on to have a good season.

We'll be okay once we get the players back fit, I thought our midfield didn't work as a home midfield, all 3 are fairly one paced and didn't have a player to get forward and push past Hopper. The game was crying out for Teddy Bishop, presuming he's picked up an injury? If Johnson and Rogers were in that team, we would have the 3 points, we need to work out a way to replace them and find more goal throughout the team.
Wasn't there last night, but as you say, it doesn't quite seem to be clicking up front so far but having said that, our first two games have seen us play an LB as part of a front three and we're missing Fiorini, Ndululu, Maguire and Adelakun joined us last into pre-season.

Poor goal to lose it by. Griffiths should have put it into Row Z but there was ample opportunity for Edun to do the same and then another couple of chances to clear after that. Then again, if we're as successful as we have been playing from the back, we're gonna conceded a handful like that a season because it's what we do.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Given the circumstances it was abot more encouraging at Oxford. We lost and and deserved to lose. But bar the goal (penalty) our keeper didn't really have a save to make. We created nothing until the last 10/15 minutes but in that time we really should have equalised. Griffiths header was the outstanding chance, and Adebisi in injury time probably should score too. We had 5 or 6 players that dropped out of the game late due to neuro virus, we couldn't fill the bench, two players made debuts despite on a couple of training sessions between them.

This season is going to be tough, but Oxford away is one of the tougher games and we were somewhat unlucky not to get a point with a team thrown together.

I think the headed chance was by the far best of the 2 for you. Our right back position is cursed for injuries.

dannyc5

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe

I have still seen absolutely nothing to suggest we will be anything other than one of the relegation candidates. I concede we have more signings to make, but we have no idea who they will be and if they will be any good. I hope for our sake Artell pulls off some crackers.

We have had 1 shot on target in each of our 3 league games. We struggled to score last season, whilst creating plenty of chances. Our chief playmakers, Kirk and Lowery, are sold and in the wilderness respectively. So we look less creative, and we haven't added a proven goalscorer. Am I being thick or is that a recipe for disaster? Where are the goals going to come from? Surely we will score even less than last year?

Now, I won't panic until the end of August. But if the signings don't happen, and Lowery doesn't sign/get re integrated, I'm going into panic mode. I've been a Crewe fan long enough to smell when the season is gonna be a shitter.

ShrimpsMeltdown

Reaction score
Supports
Morecambe
Rotherham deserved the win last night, a step up from Shrewsbury's showing at the weekend. Annoying that the goal came from a goalkeeping error though. They nullified Stockton and Toumani and we struggled to create anything after that. We battled but they moved up a gear in the 2nd half and we were stuck in our own half mostly. An entertaining game and I think we'll be fine based on what I've seen. Rathbone and Ogbene were superb for them.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
We have a disgusting excuse for footballers representing our club at the minute.

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
We have a disgusting excuse for footballers representing our club at the minute.
How's Mac doing?
Was gutted to see him leave at the time - his shot stopping was second to none.
However, having witnessed Bazunu's overall goalkeeping skills it's clear that we have an upgrade and can now understand Cowley's thinking.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
The Owls were all over us in the first half and could easily have gone in 2 or 3 up
Second Grayson turned it round, played 4 at the back, brought on Morris and Pilkington and took the game to the hosts
It was an excellent response, we were the better team and deserved a point. 4 successive losses is not the ideal way to start a season but this is a young team, Grayson has been there done and bought the T shirt and having an experienced manager on board should steer the club through this awkward start
Cheltenham at home on Saturday who had an excellent result last night....to say there are no easy games in this league is an understatement

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
How's Mac doing?
Was gutted to see him leave at the time - his shot stopping was second to none.
However, having witnessed Bazunu's overall goalkeeping skills it's clear that we have an upgrade and can now understand Cowley's thinking.

He’s dreadful, definite down grade on Amos.

Don’t think he’s saved anything yet, can’t command his area. He took about 2 mins to take a goal kick last night when we was 2-1 down so obviously a complete imbecile aswell.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

Pretty much summed up in this thread actually.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
It's an interesting one. He is capable of making good saves one on one, but he would still be prone to let in strange long-range efforts.

He was never great at commanding his area, but I guess Jackett knew how to have the defence cover for this. Also, his distribution was always very basic but Jackett was never one for the new-fangled "build from the back" approach so it wasn't really a factor for us.

Basically we had no outstanding player last season so MacGillivray kind of won POTY by default. Unlike many I wasn't too surprised or annoyed when he left, as the more modern Cowleys are definitely fans of keepers who are good at passing the ball out and MacGillivray was just too one-dimensional for them.

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Thought a draw would have been fairer, we had some decent chances but didn’t take them. Then an error from a couple of defensive players gave Bolton the three points. As I put in the earlier thread, I thought it would be a tight game, both teams played some great stuff. Tbf Bolton looked very decent.

The result definitely made a lot better by the return of TJ, he was sensational last season, can’t believe we have managed to land him.

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
He’s dreadful, definite down grade on Amos.

Don’t think he’s saved anything yet, can’t command his area. He took about 2 mins to take a goal kick last night when we was 2-1 down so obviously a complete imbecile aswell.
Just to echo K-Win's points really. He had his moments where he won us points over the years with some outstanding saves. Probably his most noticeable (albeit we lost) was the Pappa John's final. This is what earned him the POTY i think. Technically wasn't the greatest though, but still feel you have a good keeper there once he settles in and builds a relationship with the back four.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Like many away sides Cambs came for a draw and got a draw. Well done them. We’ll try to do the same at away matches this year too.

We had enough chances, just did not take them.

The issue with Mr Sarginson is that while he gets most decisions correct, he just is very poor at game management. And the players know and act accordingly. He lost control after 3 minutes and never regained it. It felt like he knew something had kicked off, did not know what, but as it was obvious who was involved decided to caution them both in the hope it was correct. The disallowed goal was probably offside, but the way it was handled was appalling. Both ref and Lino indicated it was a goal and had made their way towards the centre circle, all our players had celebrated and were back ready, the announcer stated who the goal scorer was and then only then did they decide it was offside. This is pretty basic communication stuff and should have been sorted in seconds not minutes.

If you have him this year, good luck.

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Reading Lincoln fans forum, some right bitter fuckers, saying they got beaten off cheats, question to said Lincoln fans, how are we cheating? we beat you fair and square, and as always when we beat teams they throw up an imaginary debt, and getting players we can't afford, man up, you got beat get over it.

Imp in Branston

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Reading Lincoln fans forum, some right bitter fuckers, saying they got beaten off cheats, question to said Lincoln fans, how are we cheating? we beat you fair and square, and as always when we beat teams they throw up an imaginary debt, and getting players we can't afford, man up, you got beat get over it.

Not sure which forum you are talking about but Vitals has generally been pretty accurate on saying you played well.

Last edited:

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town

Why don't you 'man up' and ask that question on said forum to the Lincoln fans rather than moaning like a child on a completely different forum about it?

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Why don't you 'man up' and ask that question on said forum to the Lincoln fans rather than moaning like a child on a completely different forum about it?
I find it quite hilarious that people who troll other fans forums are up in arms at the comments yet forget it’s exactly the same on their own forums, the internet has a lot to answer for, especially giving voice to the class numpty

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Yet there are 4/5 Lincoln fans on this forum that have been very complimentary of you. Get a grip and move on. There will always be people that moan.

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
I find it quite hilarious that people who troll other fans forums are up in arms at the comments yet forget it’s exactly the same on their own forums, the internet has a lot to answer for, especially giving voice to the class numpty
Can't hear you from way down there

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Clearly another Masi account.

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Several decent replies with a valid point that you choose to ignore whilst responding to one like an absolute child. Why do you even bother coming on here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV