Tuesday 3rd October

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
If you had a couple of Strikers you'd be a very strong team.

Well ones out injured and clough didn’t bring the other one on which was a laughable decision - especially given the comments about how you don’t like over at you.

9/10 we’ve won that with the chances last night - just didn’t happen last night sadly - it happens, that’s football.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
Sounds like our match at Harrogate wasn't great but never mind. What a great goal by Omar Bugiel. Why did Sutton release him? He's an integral part of our team.

If the stories I’ve heard about Omar’s last few months at Sutton are true (and I’ve no reason to doubt the source) then it was inevitable that we weren’t going to offer him a new deal.

During season preview interviews Matt Gray spoke very highly of all the players who had left the club except two. Omar Bugiel and Will Randall. Matt didn’t even mention them, which in itself is telling of the relationship between them all, and the club.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Definitely flattering yourselves. There was hardly anything in it 2nd half.

Only time you looked clearly the better team was the first 30 minutes or so but we've often taken time to get ourselves into games this season. Hopefully that changes.

We played plenty of great football and created enough chances to comfortably win the game, you only looked dangerous from corners on the night. Did you even hit the target?

Wrexham looked very uncomfortable in possession and gave it away it their own half quite a lot, and the midfield struggled to win any challenges.

That being said, you come and got a decent point after improving in the second so that’s the most important thing.

Last edited:

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Well ones out injured and clough didn’t bring the other one on which was a laughable decision - especially given the comments about how you don’t like over at you.

9/10 we’ve won that with the chances last night - just didn’t happen last night sadly - it happens, that’s football.

Clough needs to start playing Will Swan and stick with him, comfortably our best finisher and I know that pre-season did not go well and he’s not had a great season so far but we desperately need to be better in front of goal.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
We played plenty of great football and created enough chances to comfortably win the game, you only looked dangerous from corners on the night. Did you even hit the target?

Wrexham looked very uncomfortable in possession and gave it away it their own half quite a lot, and the midfield struggled to win any challenges.

That being said, you come and got a decent point so that’s the most important thing.

I saw it a bit differently obviously.

First half you were all over us. We looked disjointed and uncomfortable and until the last ten minutes didn't get into any rhythm at all. We always looked like troubling you from. Corners but rarely got the ball up near your box to win any.

Second half was a different story. Whilst I wouldn't say we were the better team (it was very even imo) you didn't have any of the chances you had in the first half and never really looked like scoring, whereas we had all the better chances. Mendy got past his full back three or four times, McClean blazed over when it looked like he had a pretty open goal, we had far more corners and attacking throw ins and your otherwise excellent defence never looked comfortable with them.

Draw was a fair result imo. We weren't ever going to go gung ho away at Mansfield

Edit: all that being said, if you'd have scored one of those early chances I think it would have been another Stockport

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Beaten by the better team, no doubt. First half display was abysmal, second half more like it, but apart from a few what ifs, we really didn’t deserve much from the game.

Hope we can put old Sparky out of his misery Saturday - and their fans. They deserve better.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Two away games in a row at Mansfield and now Grimsby where we've had hat fulls of chances yet fuck all to show for it. We're either gonna hammer someone soon, or our strikers are genuinely shit.
I don't rate Telford really, seen him a couple of times now and the more I see him the more evident it is that he benefited greatly from playing alongside Courtney Baker-Richardson at Newport. Acquah seems a bit of a carthorse but caused problems, we just managed to just about fix things by bringing Maher on and going three CBs at the back. In terms of your midfield, I was surprised to see Foley benched, always been impressed by him.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I don't rate Telford really, seen him a couple of times now and the more I see him the more evident it is that he benefited greatly from playing alongside Courtney Baker-Richardson at Newport. Acquah seems a bit of a carthorse but caused problems, we just managed to just about fix things by bringing Maher on and going three CBs at the back. In terms of your midfield, I was surprised to see Foley benched, always been impressed by him.

Foley has been good this season, a few assists and now a goal, most if not all of which have come off the bench though. He's 37 in a couple of weeks, so he's probably one of those players you've got to manage minutes wise to get the best of them.

There's some potential in Acquah, he could become a good player at this level with a bit more experience, our top scorer and he's taken all his goals well. We all thought we might have seen a bit more from Telford so far, but I still don't think Wild knows what his best forward line is.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
We’ll not play worse than that this season and win again, we were absolutely dreadful.

However, it’s 3 points, it stops the rot & it’s about time we got lucky.
Too right although I do feel a bit for Barrow as that’s the second time in a row it’s happened against them.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
I saw it a bit differently obviously.

First half you were all over us. We looked disjointed and uncomfortable and until the last ten minutes didn't get into any rhythm at all. We always looked like troubling you from. Corners but rarely got the ball up near your box to win any.

Second half was a different story. Whilst I wouldn't say we were the better team (it was very even imo) you didn't have any of the chances you had in the first half and never really looked like scoring, whereas we had all the better chances. Mendy got past his full back three or four times, McClean blazed over when it looked like he had a pretty open goal, we had far more corners and attacking throw ins and your otherwise excellent defence never looked comfortable with them.

Draw was a fair result imo. We weren't ever going to go gung ho away at Mansfield

Edit: all that being said, if you'd have scored one of those early chances I think it would have been another Stockport

Each to their own, and I agree with parts, you improved in the second but we were still the better side.

You actually defended well at times but I think it’s completely unacceptable for us, at home to play like that and not win it. Like you say if we get one in the first it may have ended up a thrashing.

We played some great stuff particularly in that first, you really struggled and it was two completely different styles.

I’ll happily sign whoever takes your corners mind, we are so wasteful with them considering we have Flint in the box.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Beaten by the better team, no doubt. First half display was abysmal, second half more like it, but apart from a few what ifs, we really didn’t deserve much from the game.

Hope we can put old Sparky out of his misery Saturday - and their fans. They deserve better.

You can say we were guilty of being complacent and starting the second half slowly but I think that's unfair on the opposition. The second half showed just how good and threatening Swindon are, no wonder they score so many. Delighted to get the 3 points against a talented side and manager.

With both sides obvious attacking prowess and being porous at the back with mental lapses this was always going to be a proper toe to toe encounter like Hagler Vs Hearns (if you've not seen it, see it) and whoever played better deserved the win. I thought we were superb for the majority of the first half, could have had more than the 3 although I thought you should have had a penalty early doors.

When all fit and available our attacking options are frankly scary at this level. Our defence and keeper can also be scary at this level for very different reasons.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Foley has been good this season, a few assists and now a goal, most if not all of which have come off the bench though. He's 37 in a couple of weeks, so he's probably one of those players you've got to manage minutes wise to get the best of them.

There's some potential in Acquah, he could become a good player at this level with a bit more experience, our top scorer and he's taken all his goals well. We all thought we might have seen a bit more from Telford so far, but I still don't think Wild knows what his best forward line is.
Foley is 36?! Wow haha. I've never looked at his career, I thought he was mid 20s or something. Guess I just never knew who he was due to all those years in Scotland and L1.

You'd think Telford would at least start knocking them in at some point if you carry on playing like that, I just think he might be one of those players that is a bit debilitating if he's not on the end of moves as he doesn't seem to offer much, which isn't really in keeping with the Wild way. At least when you had Waters, he'd be tanning it around up in the opposition's faces and/or dropping deeper to get the ball if he wasn't scoring. It's a shame Wrexham felt the need to have a seventh choice forward for a week and a half at the end of last season as that transfer has benefitted nobody except for Waters' back pocket.

If Telford/Acquah can start scoring a few more and Old Man Wild isn't poached by Bradford then you're a playoff side going off what I saw. The beauty of being Barrow too will mean you'll slip in under the radar before anyone realises you're a genuine threat.

Onto us, as has been said definitely not a vintage performance but to focus on the positives...Wilson grabbing a second goal off the bench now has a ridiculous goals:minutes ratio and must have earnt a start, Andrews looks tidy and is potentially the option that sits somewhere between Clifton and Hunt that we've been missing since Ben Fox, Maher is back, we not only held onto a lead but we went and scored a second for the fourth time at home this season and Danny Rose is a silky little menace.

Chalk the performance off as not as important as the result and move on...and please for the love of God put Gav on fucking pens when he's on the pitch.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Strange one last night. Gills had more efforts and the better chances yet it felt like a pretty routine win, and after we went ahead I was never really that worried Gillingham were going to get back into it. We started well and deseserved to go one nil up. After that we sat back, and Gills had a few decent chances, Bonne missed an absaloute sitter. 2nd half I thought we managed the game very well, Gillingham very much less of a threat despite chucking loads of attackers on, I think they finished the game with Bonne, Nichols and Nadessan up top. Then we countered them and finished the game off.

13 unbeaten at home now, which is a very good record, Gresty Rd has become abit of a fortress, also the win sees us up into the Automatic spots. Not going to get carried away, especially with the threat of Long being injured (hobbled off at half time) but things are going much better than we expected.

Also if there is a better defender in this league than Mickey Demetriou I'd love to see him. He's quality at both ends of the pitch, he's such a leader and helps our younger lads out massively. Funnily enough I thought the Gillingham defender Ogie was also very good though.

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
Strange one last night. Gills had more efforts and the better chances yet it felt like a pretty routine win, and after we went ahead I was never really that worried Gillingham were going to get back into it. We started well and deseserved to go one nil up. After that we sat back, and Gills had a few decent chances, Bonne missed an absaloute sitter. 2nd half I thought we managed the game very well, Gillingham very much less of a threat despite chucking loads of attackers on, I think they finished the game with Bonne, Nichols and Nadessan up top. Then we countered them and finished the game off.

13 unbeaten at home now, which is a very good record, Gresty Rd has become abit of a fortress, also the win sees us up into the Automatic spots. Not going to get carried away, especially with the threat of Long being injured (hobbled off at half time) but things are going much better than we expected.

Also if there is a better defender in this league than Mickey Demetriou I'd love to see him. He's quality at both ends of the pitch, he's such a leader and helps our younger lads out massively. Funnily enough I thought the Gillingham defender Ogie was also very good though.
Yeah, I thought Ogie was good. He had a good battle with Tracey and usually came out on top.

I'm told Long has a nasty cut but should be OK for Saturday, so I hope that's right. You get so worried if him or CBR get any kind of knock!

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

Can we talk about the proper stuff now... what was that first half kick-off from your lad? Never seen anything like it.

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

That being said, you come and got a decent point after improving in the second so that’s the most important thing.
Yeah, first half we were dreadful. Mansfield came out the blocks quicker, sharper but only threatened from distance, hitting the post a couple of times and I think 1 free header from DKD, who passed it straight to our keeper.

2nd half we grew into the game, Mendy on the right ran straight past the left back at will and we had a lot of success down that side, but couldn't quite find the final ball for a finish. Managed 1 shot on target but that was from a Hayden header and straight at the keeper.

Before the game I would have been happy with a point, and getting a clean sheet too is a bonus after our inept displays at the back this season. No coincidence that Boyle being dropped completely made us a little stronger at the back.

Going forwards, i'd give Lee and McClean a break. McClean was utterly dreadful and every time he got the ball, he passed it to no-one down the channel or backwards and not once did he even attempt to beat his man. Mansfield were quite good at that in the midfield. Lee was utterly dreadful and if we were going to go for it, i'd have took him off and brought Fletcher on. Bringing Palmer off was not ideal as he was an absolute battering ram and Mansfield couldn't get near him. Aden Flint was a rock and thought he was MoM overall.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Foley is 36?! Wow haha. I've never looked at his career, I thought he was mid 20s or something. Guess I just never knew who he was due to all those years in Scotland and L1.

You'd think Telford would at least start knocking them in at some point if you carry on playing like that, I just think he might be one of those players that is a bit debilitating if he's not on the end of moves as he doesn't seem to offer much, which isn't really in keeping with the Wild way. At least when you had Waters, he'd be tanning it around up in the opposition's faces and/or dropping deeper to get the ball if he wasn't scoring. It's a shame Wrexham felt the need to have a seventh choice forward for a week and a half at the end of last season as that transfer has benefitted nobody except for Waters' back pocket.

If Telford/Acquah can start scoring a few more and Old Man Wild isn't poached by Bradford then you're a playoff side going off what I saw. The beauty of being Barrow too will mean you'll slip in under the radar before anyone realises you're a genuine threat.

Onto us, as has been said definitely not a vintage performance but to focus on the positives...Wilson grabbing a second goal off the bench now has a ridiculous goals:minutes ratio and must have earnt a start, Andrews looks tidy and is potentially the option that sits somewhere between Clifton and Hunt that we've been missing since Ben Fox, Maher is back, we not only held onto a lead but we went and scored a second for the fourth time at home this season and Danny Rose is a silky little menace.

Chalk the performance off as not as important as the result and move on...and please for the love of God put Gav on fucking pens when he's on the pitch.

Yeah I think we will do alright this season, at the end of the day we're 10th with a few goalscoring concerns. Two soft goals last night but the table shows we still have one of the better defences so far. If we keep that up and become more clinical we can have a good season.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I’ll happily sign whoever takes your corners mind, we are so wasteful with them considering we have Flint in the box.
James McClean. He had a shite game.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Aden Flint is really good isn’t he.

I’m confident he’s still good enough to be in a side challenging for L1 promotion like he did with Wednesday last season, no pre-season but he’s not put a foot wrong.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

I’m confident he’s still good enough to be in a side challenging for L1 promotion like he did with Wednesday last season, no pre-season but he’s not put a foot wrong.
Brilliant player.

Aaron Lewis looks a show pony, had the better of McClean all game with his pace but no end product. What is that do about as well? Had plenty in the away end giving a Rik Flair 'Wooo' everytime he took a corner.

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

Mullin didn't have a sniff because of him. I've always rated him when I saw him play for Bristol City a few years back. One that has stuck in my head.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Brilliant player.

Aaron Lewis looks a show pony, had the better of McClean all game with his pace but no end product. What is that do about as well? Had plenty in the away end giving a Rik Flair 'Wooo' everytime he took a corner.

Aaron Lewis been brilliant and that goal against Accrington was ridiculous.

Reaction score
Supports
Notts
I think 3-1 (or probably 4-2 or something, but a two goal win) was probably about right, they should’ve had a penalty at 0-0 from my view, but we missed some huge chances outside of the three goals in the first half, Langstaff had one cleared off the line and Crowley fluffed a pretty easy one that would’ve been one of the team goals of the season.

Second half they created more, but nothing too clear cut after the goal other than another header similar to the goal that went over. I think it was given offside anyway, but their ‘keeper made one of the best double saves I’ve ever seen from McGoldrick then Crowley in the second half.
Yeah I agree on the penalty, looked like Cameron went through the player to get the ball. On their second half chances, there was a pretty much free header from a corner that was put wide but you're right, not many more.

Honestly I'm amazed that we haven't tried (and also completely failed) that kickoff before.

Spanishstag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield town
We should have won that ,but if you dont score you cant complain wrexham couldn,t live with us first half but they came into it a bit more in the second 45
Saturday we need three points to keep it tight at the top stay this way till we get oates back and well be fine

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Mansfield have really kicked on this season. Absolutely bossing everyone off the park and dominating games. Clough on one man mission to achieve the most stylish 7th to 10th finish the fourth tier has ever seen. They will achieve this by the winning same amount of matches as Tranmere down in 19th but my word, the football they will have played in their 29 1-1 draws will have been stupendous.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Well thought out. Brilliantly executed.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
Yeah, first half we were dreadful. Mansfield came out the blocks quicker, sharper but only threatened from distance, hitting the post a couple of times and I think 1 free header from DKD, who passed it straight to our keeper.

2nd half we grew into the game, Mendy on the right ran straight past the left back at will and we had a lot of success down that side, but couldn't quite find the final ball for a finish. Managed 1 shot on target but that was from a Hayden header and straight at the keeper.

Before the game I would have been happy with a point, and getting a clean sheet too is a bonus after our inept displays at the back this season. No coincidence that Boyle being dropped completely made us a little stronger at the back.

Going forwards, i'd give Lee and McClean a break. McClean was utterly dreadful and every time he got the ball, he passed it to no-one down the channel or backwards and not once did he even attempt to beat his man. Mansfield were quite good at that in the midfield. Lee was utterly dreadful and if we were going to go for it, i'd have took him off and brought Fletcher on. Bringing Palmer off was not ideal as he was an absolute battering ram and Mansfield couldn't get near him. Aden Flint was a rock and thought he was MoM overall.

Agree on Palmer, thought he did well up top for you despite getting hammered by both our centre halves all night. He’s really bulked up since leaving us and is certainly a good player to have at this level these days. Glad his header went wide though, don’t think I could stomach him scoring the winner at our place.

McLean was shite too, expected him to be a level above most on the pitch, abit like Quinn for us when he’s fit. You can just tell he’s played at a good level despite being about 37 now. He does take a dangerous corner though, impressed with how we felt with those. Shame our own set plays are as shit as they’ve ever been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!