• Total voters

Dirk

Wir kommen wieder!
Reaction score
Supports
Hamburger SV
Bingo.

CwYBR1aXUAgqGsU.jpg

Absolute disgrace this paper. No matter how you stand in this but this is way too much. This "hate campaign" reminds of the Nazi scum paper "Der Stürmer" in the 30's. The liberty of press is essentiel for a democracy but this goes too far. Naming them publicly in this kind is unexcusable. Even the UK gutter press should do have some standards.. Hopefully not some weirdo takes this as an excuse for acting and hopefully this paper will be judged about such a headline. I am pretty sure there will be complaints against it.

johnnytodd

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
Absolute disgrace this paper. No matter how you stand in this but this is way too much. This "hate campaign" reminds of the Nazi scum paper "Der Stürmer" in the 30's. The liberty of press is essentiel for a democracy but this goes too far. Naming them publicly in this kind is unexcusable. Even the UK gutter press should do have some standards.. Hopefully not some weirdo takes this as an excuse for acting and hopefully this paper will be judged about such a headline. I am pretty sure there will be complaints against it.
there is no way you were around in the 30's Dirk

Dirk

Wir kommen wieder!
Reaction score
Supports
Hamburger SV
OK, johnny I am walking away ;)
This thread isn't for "us" EU Foreigner but I only wanted to show my disgust about this headline.

One note : I really hope everything works fine for the UK, I really do. And that we EU Foreigners can still visit the UK after they left without any resentments. I really like it to be in the UK from time to time.

Reaction score
Supports
Dr Tony's Villa Revolution
This thread isn't for "us" EU Foreigner but I only wanted to show my disgust about this headline.

One note : I really hope everything works fine for the UK, I really do. And that we EU Foreigners can still visit the UK after they left without any resentments. I really like it to be in the UK from time to time.

I disagree, this is a thread open to discussion about the EU, it's nice to receive other views at time, even if they conflict with the views of the people on here. This is the whole point of a forum, though it is a football forum, we tend to have lively debates on politics, and I believe that is healthy. The more views gained, the better in my opinion.

For the record, I voted leave, and disagree with the way things are being handled entirely, I don't care about the recent judgement, as I have full confidence that parliament will actually follow through with what they have been asked to do by the public.

I am, however increasingly worried about the (seemingly) growing acceptability of racism. I did not vote out due to immigration, and have always said I'd be happy with a deal that involved controlled freedom of movement, along with us being able to set our own laws without worry of the EU overruling us. I want us to continue good relations with the EU. Unfortunately, it seems I am in the minority in the leave camp regarding these views.

The amount of people who seem to think they voted out to get rid of these 'p**i bastards' is ridiculous, as well as the fact that we have not given guarantees to current EU citizens residing in the country that they are welcome to stay. These are dark days for the country, hopefully we come out of the other side better for it. I will admit though, that the longer this farce continues, the more I wish that remain had won. I'd rather us be subservient to Europe (not saying we were/would be) than this huge swing to the right-wing.

As you alluded to earlier, there are many things going on within this country right now that do have similarities to the Nazi movement in Germany, this is not to say that we will all of a sudden be a hugely far-right country in the near future, it is just worrying. Things could very easily, and very quickly go very badly and soon.

johnnytodd

Reaction score
Supports
Everton

not on about you Dirk i just want the break away from Europe to happen asap so we can all move on, and i want free movement across europe to stay just not free move here and claim benefits , under cut wages etc........and visa versa

you will always be welcome in Birkdale mate.

Dirk

Wir kommen wieder!
Reaction score
Supports
Hamburger SV
I disagree, this is a thread open to discussion about the EU, it's nice to receive other views at time, even if they conflict with the views of the people on here. This is the whole point of a forum, though it is a football forum, we tend to have lively debates on politics, and I believe that is healthy. The more views gained, the better in my opinion.

I know and I missed a smiley in my post to show that I don't mean it seriously that this thread is only for UK citizens. What I really wanted to say is, that I have posted so much about this in other forums that I am fed up with this.
I fully understand some reasons why the UK voted in majority for leaving the EU and wish them well for the future

I am, however increasingly worried about the (seemingly) growing acceptability of racism. I did not vote out due to immigration, and have always said I'd be happy with a deal that involved controlled freedom of movement, along with us being able to set our own laws without worry of the EU overruling us. I want us to continue good relations with the EU. Unfortunately, it seems I am in the minority in the leave camp regarding these views.

Good to read this, as this sums it up nicely what my opinion is.

As you alluded to earlier, there are many things going on within this country right now that do have similarities to the Nazi movement in Germany, this is not to say that we will all of a sudden be a hugely far-right country in the near future, it is just worrying. Things could very easily, and very quickly go very badly and soon.

I only mentioned the similarity of the hate campaign of publicly calling Judges with pics and names with those actions the nazi scum papers did in the 30's. For me this is a new low even for the UK gutter press and they should be judged for this. No-one can guarantee that some weirdo doesn't use such a headline like "Enemy of the people" as a justification for some action. The murder of Jo Cox before the EU Referendum should be a warning.

Last edited:

The Paranoid Pineapple

Reaction score
Supports
mighty, mighty Ks

The "overwhelming" 52/48 verdict, huh? Imagine thinking that leaving the EU (with all the possible implications and the uncertainty that surrounds the precise nature of our exit) shouldn't be something that ought to be subject to the scrutiny and oversight of the parliament that we're supposedly handing back control to.

The Mail had the below on their online operation earlier. How DASTARDLY that we have an openly gay ex-Olympic fencer as a member of the judiciary.

Daily-Mail.png

The Paranoid Pineapple

Reaction score
Supports
mighty, mighty Ks

They should but they really, really don't (and one has to include once esteemed organs like the Telegraph in that bracket unfortunately). Undermining the rule of law and the independence of the judiciary is all in a day's work for them, sadly. Leveson was a great opportunity to enforce some standards. It's an awful shame that the government were too cowardly to act.

blade1889

sir
Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Twitter
@blade1889
The "overwhelming" 52/48 verdict, huh? Imagine thinking that leaving the EU (with all the possible implications and the uncertainty that surrounds the precise nature of our exit) shouldn't be something that ought to be subject to the scrutiny and oversight of the parliament that we're supposedly handing back control to.

The Mail had the below on their online operation earlier. How DASTARDLY that we have an openly gay ex-Olympic fencer as a member of the judiciary.

Daily-Mail.png

I mean he's somewhat pushing not it with being a judge and openly gay but and ex-Olympic fencer as well!? The reprobate ought to be struck off for that!

TheMinsterman

Reaction score
Supports
York City & Italy

Daily-Mail.png

My favourite part is the free map of Britain, just to wet that BRITAIN FOR BRITISH appetite.

Reactions: .V.

TheMinsterman

Reaction score
Supports
York City & Italy
I mean he's somewhat pushing not it with being a judge and openly gay but and ex-Olympic fencer as well!? The reprobate ought to be struck off for that!

I thought we were meant to be in RULE BRITAINNIA, GO OUR BRAVE ATHLETES mode or is that only when they don't #defythepeople?

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle

completely agree on this, was going to post the same and see it has been done. If any of them 3 judges gets attacked i hope their famuily can sue the daily mail to the point of its financial collapse......it has gone too far with that attack, it is easier words encourages a lynch mob to people doing their job.

and how can you effectively now have an appeal court case when due to the papers any judges are now under threat to make a fair choice.

biggest worry is things are slowly going into Nazi style territory and people are quite happy to let it happen....what next 'The eternal Immigrant' film.

Worries me sometimes with my wife being Czech, thankfully i moved to Manchester which abit like london hasn't as massive divisions as other areas. She was told afew times in Carlisle they would not hire her as people would 'stop shopping there'......I can 100% agree with the cutting of immigration, but we need to also cut out this racist undertone towards it.

Last edited:

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
completely agree on this, was going to post the same and see it has been done. If any of them 3 judges gets attacked i hope their famuily can sue the daily mail to the point of its financial collapse......it has gone too far with that attack, it is easier words encourages a lynch mob to people doing their job.

and how can you effectively now have an appeal court case when due to the papers any judges are now under threat to make a fair choice.

biggest worry is things are slowly going into Nazi style territory and people are quite happy to let it happen....what next 'The eternal Immigrant' film.

Worries me sometimes with my wife being Czech, thankfully i moved to Manchester which abit like london hasn't as massive divisions as other areas. She was told afew times in Carlisle they would not hire her as people would 'stop shopping there'......I can 100% agree with the cutting of immigration, but we need to also cut out this racist undertone towards it.
I'm disgusted, and perhaps a little surprised and disappointed, to hear that Carlisle has more than its fair share of bigots.

14980648_10154718614277417_2424991511600423422_n.jpg

14956509_10155400183887542_7981096915535863341_n.jpg

Last edited:

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
i don't think Carlisle is as such racist, it just frankly has never had any interaction with anyone other than white british. Until about 3 years ago all you had was 99% white English or Scottish.

its just started to adjust the last few years and i think like afew out the way areas hasn't coped fantastic with the changes. I think that is alot of the basic reason of Brexit, people in the big cities just assumed people outside would accept quick lump changes.......they didn't.

silkyman

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town/Manchester City. It's complicated.
Farage is planning on marching on the court with 100000 people.

All wearing the same coloured shirts perhaps?

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
The Daily Mail aren't looking out for the people, they're protecting a supposed non-dom fucking Viscount from any potential EU clampdown on offshore tax havens. I'd call that being enemies of the people.

It might be leaving is best for this country, but the way it's been achieved is not the way it should have been done, and because of the xenophobia and racism stirred up in the process will make this country a worse place for a lot of people to live, not better which it could have been if it were done properly.

Last edited:

Techno Natch

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
It seems that May's visit to India hasn't produced anywhere near the amount of trade we'd hoped for.

johnnytodd

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
It seems that May's visit to India hasn't produced anywhere near the amount of trade we'd hoped for.
oh cancel Brexit then eh, a country that's still burning tyres for fuel must be listened to.........fuck em next.

silkyman

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town/Manchester City. It's complicated.
2020 and England is no longer known as the Sick Man of Europe.

Now it is the pissed tramp of Europe. Screaming 'Gizza trade deal.... I could export that.... fuggem... fuggemall'

Techno Natch

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
oh cancel Brexit then eh, a country that's still burning tyres for fuel must be listened to.........fuck em next.
We don't have a choice to cancel now and it's not something I'd like to see but it's still noteworthy.

By all accounts its slowed down but it's still one of the best developing economies and Johnson mentioned them several times in speeches as a key target. Let's hope they have some other decent targets.

smat

Reaction score
Supports
arsenal
Twitter
@mrsmat
Telegraph said:
Theresa May's Government has no Brexit plan and a poor understanding of what leaving the European Union means for industry, according to a leaked memo prepared for the Cabinet Office.

The November 7 memo obtained by The Times also suggests that Cabinet splits are delaying the Government's ability to agree a negotiating strategy ahead of its goal to begin the Brexit process by April.

Titled "Brexit Update", it criticises the Prime Minister for "drawing in decisions and details to settle matters herself", and warns that big companies will "point a gun at the Government's head" after Nissan was given assurances about trading conditions once Britain leaves the EU.

According to the newspaper, the memo written by a consultant working for the Cabinet Office, said: "Every department has developed a 'bottom-up' plan of what the impact of Brexit could be - and its plan to cope with the 'worst case'.

"Although necessary, this falls considerably short of having a 'Government plan for Brexit' because it has no prioritisation and no link to the overall negotiation strategy."

According to The Times, it said the Government could take another six months to decide what its priorities are, adding: "Despite extended debate among (department) permanent secretaries, no common strategy has emerged.

"It is likely that the senior ranks in the civil service will feel compelled to present potential high level plan(s) to avoid further drift.

"Departments are struggling to come up to speed on the potential Brexit effects on industry.

"This is due to starting from a relatively low base of insight and also due to fragmentation."

The memo also suggested that the Government does not have enough officials to implement Brexit quickly, with departments developing individual plans which have resulted in "well over 500 projects".

Responding to the report, a Government spokesman said: "This is not a Government report and we don't recognise the claims made in it.

"We are focused on getting on with the job of delivering Brexit and making a success of it."

Government are saying "erm fake".

Alty quoted as saying "don't really see the problem tbh."

AFCB_Mark

Reaction score
Supports
A single unitary authority for urban Dorset
They aren't saying it was fake. They're saying it was produced by a private company pitching for consultancy work assisting the civil service. Funnily enough they didn't get the gig.

They would say that, you might say. Indeed that doesnt make much sense either. The language used in it seems weird for either an offical government memo, or a pitch to government for work for that matter. Not sure I'd ever pitch for a job by laying into the boss and management? Who knows.

Any of our London based 1FFers fancy working for Google? Well they're creating a new UK HQ with 3000 jobs worth 1Bn quid, in "a decision taken post Brexit". Just don't go building killer robots ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV