Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2023/24

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Keep our name out of other clubs/CEO’s mouths - it’s quite simple. We’ve only ever got something say when clubs do not conduct themselves in a professional manner.

For years we’ve allowed clubs to do this, whereas now, we have a CEO who isn’t scared to call bullshit when he smells it.

Truth hurts. Fucking damn right refreshing, too.
Some might say it's a disproprortionate response... the Barrow chairman suggested they beat Bradford to Zanzala's signature, the Bradford chairman responds by laying out everything that was discussed between Zanzala's agent and Bradford apart from the numbers. Sparks has hardly done his reputation for discretion wonders with that little outburst.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
Some might say it's a disproprortionate response... the Barrow chairman suggested they beat Bradford to Zanzala's signature, the Bradford chairman responds by laying out everything that was discussed between Zanzala's agent and Bradford apart from the numbers. Sparks has hardly done his reputation for discretion wonders with that little outburst.
Don't think he will give a toss to be honest. He is ambitious and to fulfil that ambition, his CV will be measured on what he does with us over the next 2/3 years. If he hands us over to someone else in a much better position, that'll be ok by us. He certainly seems to be turning us back into a professional club and potential employers will take more notice of that than throw away comments from people who know nothing about him.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds

A clear case of 'the lady doth protest too much'. Wonder why...

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
He's playing up to his audience, and you're all buying it.
Yes your chairman isn’t doing that at all…

Honestly the first time I’ve ever seen a club chairman mention beating another club specifically to a player, and Sparks is called unprofessional. If you’re wondering why he commented again it was due to fans questioning how we got ‘out muscled’ to Barrow. It’s tinpot all round but if your chairman wasn’t bizarrely trying to look good then non of it would have happened.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
A clear case of 'the lady doth protest too much'. Wonder why...
You wonder why he called out (and by that I mean he posted a meme) something that didn’t happen?
I’m not overly sold on Sparks, from a club point of view he’s saying/doing all the right things but no doubt he’s sensitive and overly quick to defend when he could let things go.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh

Honestly the first time I’ve ever seen a club chairman mention beating another club specifically to a player, and Sparks is called unprofessional. If you’re wondering why he commented again it was due to fans questioning how we got ‘out muscled’ to Barrow. It’s tinpot all round but if your chairman wasn’t bizarrely trying to look good then non of it would have happened.
Many years ago, a former England manager, then managing a top division club offered £600k for one of our players. We told him another club had offered £650k so he then bought our player for £700k. No other club had been involved but he accepted what had been said. Nowadays, it's agents who will say anything to get a deal for their players. This thread has really become too infantile to comment further.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds

Where have I said that our chairman isn't playing up to our fans? Of course that's why he mentioned it - talking up our new signing. But if he was going to make up a lie about outmuscling another club, he'd pick someone like Morecambe in the division above. Our fans would've loved that.

Sparks admits he was interested at one point, and that he talked numbers with his agent. It's hardly a stretch to believe that an offer was made, especially as you still have a gap in the squad for a striker.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Where have I said that our chairman isn't playing up to our fans? Of course that's why he mentioned it - talking up our new signing. But if he was going to make up a lie about outmuscling another club, he'd pick someone like Morecambe in the division above. Our fans would've loved that.

Sparks admits he was interested at one point, and that he talked numbers with his agent. It's hardly a stretch to believe that an offer was made, especially as you still have a gap in the squad for a striker.
Who said the chairman is lying? What he’s told by the players agent and what happened might be two totally different things. I doubt a chairman would just bareface lie about something like this though, agents to get the money they want on the other hand…

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Who said the chairman is lying? What he’s told by the players agent and what happened might be two totally different things. I doubt a chairman would just bareface lie about something like this though, agents to get the money they want on the other hand…

Wouldn’t waste your fingers, he obviously hasn’t read the article.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds

The fucking GIF from Sparks! "That's not true is it?"

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
The fucking GIF from Sparks! "That's not true is it?"
Agent tells the chairman something which he puts out, it’s not that hard to understand. The only one who’s seems to be accused of lying here is Sparks he’s either lying or it didn’t actually happen and maybe the agent told the chairman a few fibs to get his player a better deal. Wouldn’t be the first or last time it’s happened…

Last edited:

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Are you referring to the time I said you were a decent poster?

Seriously though, is this regarding Williams? I don't think anyone has overhyped him. FGR fans also rated him. And he is talented. He's just a massive massive pussy.

You called Jamille Matt a poor L2 striker which was obviously nonsense, but we all make mistakes, ya not that bad.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
You called Jamille Matt a poor L2 striker which was obviously nonsense, but we all make mistakes, ya not that bad.
So that's underrating a player then, which doesn't fit into your narrative (of lies) at all. :lol:

Matt was shite for us, to be fair.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
"There are CEOs and managers in this division who know we have competed for players. Some you win, some you don’t - but it’s not something we discuss publicly, in detail."

Whilst discussing the Zanzala issue publicly, in detail.

To be honest all this chairman/owner talk is a bit petty and childish from both sides. Sometimes it's probably better just to say nothing at all. Other clubs might see this visual bickering and not wish to do business with either clubs.
Every club needs a Clem!

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
So that's underrating a player then, which doesn't fit into your narrative (of lies) at all. :lol:

Matt was shite for us, to be fair.

I had other players in mind when it came to overrating, to be fair.

I thought the reaction to Rollin and Hewitt must be Nigel Clough plan to for this season bizarre, It’s clearly not a good enough pairing for a team that wants to push for top 7 in my mind, but that’s the beauty of football ey :)

By the way, when I wrote the original post you didn’t come to mind, just to put you at ease mate!

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I had other players in mind when it came to overrating, to be fair.

I thought the reaction to Rollin and Hewitt must be Nigel Clough plan to for this season bizarre, It’s clearly not a good enough pairing for a team that wants to push for top 7 in my mind, but that’s the beauty of football ey :)

By the way, when I wrote the original post you didn’t come to mind, just to put you at ease mate!
Menayese and Hewitt are definitely worth giving a bit of time to, in my opinion. Looked like a quality pair at the back end of last season. Of course, them being in relegation fight mode or being managed by a more defensive coach in Hurst could have been factors in that.

Hewitt probably isn't good enough anywhere else on the pitch for a top 7 chasing side unfortunately.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Apparently we're one of the clubs linked with Cambridge striker Andrew Dallas. I didn't previously know anything about this due to it being about the division above but he signed a new contract with them and then decided he wanted to move closer to Scotland.

Scored a few in the conference last season, but not a great record in L2 for Cambridge.

I think the reason we're linked is that he's a player in a position we're reportedly looking to sign players in and are about as close to Scotland as you can get in the EFL, there could be something in that but Notts County also linked I believe. Apparently Cambridge have already confirmed they've accepted a bid for him.

?????

First I heard of it was when perusing the Swindon forum.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Menayese and Hewitt are definitely worth giving a bit of time to, in my opinion. Looked like a quality pair at the back end of last season. Of course, them being in relegation fight mode or being managed by a more defensive coach in Hurst could have been factors in that.

Hewitt probably isn't good enough anywhere else on the pitch for a top 7 chasing side unfortunately.
Menayese started for us against donny and played well.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__

Like I said at the time, definitely potential in Menayese, great athletic ability but loves a howler and struggles to read the game. Right setting and coaching and it could go well for him.

Hope he does well for you.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Oh, I didn't realise he's gone to you! So Conker will never be able to back up his claim that a Menayese/Hewitt CB pairing isn't good enough for a promotion charge then.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Oh, I didn't realise he's gone to you! So Conker will never be able to back up his claim that a Menayese/Hewitt CB pairing isn't good enough for a promotion charge then.

It’s a loan marra.

When we signed Hewitt quite a few Grimsby fans were suggesting it was definitely to make sure we can put the galacticos of Rollin and Hewitt together, which at the time I said was ridiculous, Clough don’t rate him, and also the fact that standards at Grimsby were low that season, so they weren’t up to much anyway.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Apparently we're one of the clubs linked with Cambridge striker Andrew Dallas. I didn't previously know anything about this due to it being about the division above but he signed a new contract with them and then decided he wanted to move closer to Scotland.

Scored a few in the conference last season, but not a great record in L2 for Cambridge.

I think the reason we're linked is that he's a player in a position we're reportedly looking to sign players in and are about as close to Scotland as you can get in the EFL, there could be something in that but Notts County also linked I believe. Apparently Cambridge have already confirmed they've accepted a bid for him.

?????

Well you put the kiss of death on that one, signed for Solihoof.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Well you put the kiss of death on that one, signed for Solihoof.
Thank god the Dazzler sorted our form out in time last season, that National League is riddled with £££ clubs now it would be even harder to get out of.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Aye it's a stinking league, if we never got up last season we'd of been down there forever, there's always been bankrolled nobodies in that league but now the proper clubs also seem to their houses in order and have cash behind them, two up from Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield, Notts who all have big backing, as well as the other proper teams it's gonna be bloodbath.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Aye it's a stinking league, if we never got up last season we'd of been down there forever, there's always been bankrolled nobodies in that league but now the proper clubs also seem to their houses in order and have cash behind them, two up from Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield, Notts who all have big backing, as well as the other proper teams it's gonna be bloodbath.
All of the above is correct, When i posted about the NL being more difficult to get out of now.
A Grimsby fan thought it was more difficult when they won promotion, I think Southend and
Grimsby are in for a difficult season.

And don,t forget the dark horses, Sutton, Barra, Pools.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
It’s a loan marra.

When we signed Hewitt quite a few Grimsby fans were suggesting it was definitely to make sure we can put the galacticos of Rollin and Hewitt together, which at the time I said was ridiculous, Clough don’t rate him, and also the fact that standards at Grimsby were low that season, so they weren’t up to much anyway.
Doesn't really matter how low standards were under Holloway, we saw them a lot together in the second half of the season and they were very good together. Up to you if you listen to us or not, but you've never seen them together so it's interesting that you're arguing against them as a pair. I'm sure you've let Menayese move on because you're stacked with options at the back including known centre backs such as *checks notes* James Perch.

Is Menayese on a season long loan, then?

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Doesn't really matter how low standards were under Holloway, we saw them a lot together in the second half of the season and they were very good together. Up to you if you listen to us or not, but you've never seen them together so it's interesting that you're arguing against them as a pair. I'm sure you've let Menayese move on because you're stacked with options at the back including known centre backs such as *checks notes* James Perch.

Is Menayese on a season long loan, then?
Yeah season long, three way option in January I imagine.

James Perch is currently the best CB at the club, he’s been brilliant and is handy on the ball which is what we need, him alongside Quinn in midfield adds experience which cannot downplayed either.

We only have three proper CB at the club, Hewitt, Rawson and Perch, the latter two being our starting CB against Bristol Rovers last Saturday, although we are in the market for another CB, one to potentially take Rawson place, who is a bit prone to a mistake when he’s got the ball but is generally a pretty solid physical L2 defender.

We wanted to sign Tom Naylor and he was going through his medical ready to become our highest paid player but him and his agent bailed last minute for Wigan in L1.

Last edited:

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

?????

My sources tell me we were never interested.

Simpo

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham Athletic
Interesting one at Latics... we've signed attacking midfielder Jamie Hopcutt, who was a big part of the magical Ostersunds journey from the third tier in Sweden to a Europa League adventure under Graham Potter.

Provides a goal threat, which we seem in need of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!