BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Deserved win for us overall, scoreline alot closer than it should've been though.

Shaq Fordes first goal was a beauty.

We scored our second after the ref decided to play an extra minute and a half onto added time in the first half.

Carlisle didn't offer alot going forward which was their ultimate undoing, Armstrong with little to work with most of the game and their first goal had a bit of luck about it.

Annoyed with us at the end, we have a young talented side but they can become complacent at times when it feels like its becoming too easy.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Ritchie Wellens post match interview has been pulled from our website.

Apparently he labelled our board "asleep at the wheel" for all the late deadline day deals. Aaron Drinan was meant to sign for Carlisle or Bradford and neither got done so Swindon had to be done very, very late on.

Not happy we're down to 3 CBs, didn't want to lose anybody - Don't think he had a choice with Ed Turns though.

Wanted an experienced striker, wasn't happy that Martin Ling dilly dallied with it and brought in 2 young loanees instead.

You wonder if this will escalate..................

Dan Agyei is also out for the season.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
have to check with the cambridge forum police to see if im allowed to say we're going down....but we are. not been good enough all season and but for a very fortunate run of 10 games or so, we'd be cut adrift now.

crosby should have gone in november. if he's not sacked by 09:00 am monday morning then carol will have undone her work.

flitcroft can go as well. what exactly are we paying him for? and whoever sanctioned ryan lofts transfer....sack every single one of them. the worst player I've ever seen.
I think you’re in a lot more danger this year than last year, mainly by virtue of the fact you’re only two points outside relegation and Reading seem to be picking up points. You weren’t really anywhere close to danger last year despite the ludicrous talk of impending doom.

One thing in your favour though is games in hand - Shrewsbury, Burton and Exeter are all struggling too and you’ve got three games in hand on all of them. Charlton are struggling but I think they’ll pull out of it.

But you could really do with making a change, I know it’s stating the obvious.

Better balance for you?

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Great win for us today, Taylor had a great game and his link up with Lankester and Kachunga for the goals was really excellent.

dannylad01

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Twitter
@dannytudor01
Well I didn’t expect us to lose that one, especially after going 1-0 up early on. Didn’t play particularly well today, we’ll be fine though.

Don’t mean to come across as a Vale fan, but fuck me that referee may as well have wore an amber & black shirt. Truly abysmal.

Tough game at Pride Park next.
Just to say the ref didn't cost us the game in any way but as you agree he was abysmal. It was the same ref as at the Vale game last week. Only had to breathe on players (both teams) and he'd give a free kick, Bayliss gets clattered plays on. Bloxham gets booked out of frustration for a soft free kick but then stupidly makes a silly challenge for his 2nd yellow, no complaints for that one.

We didn't really create very much, and once they went ahead Cambridge saw the game out relatively comfortably. Shows how important to have a proven goalscorer in that Lyle Taylor took his 2 chances really well. They'll be fine this season.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Just seen the Pompey red card… almost an identical tackle to the one on Chislett which wasn’t a foul which just shows the complete inconsistency on those kind of tackles in the game these days and how referees see them.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Crosby sounds broken. Actually apologised though which is more than he did after the 7-0 at Barnsley! But sounds lost.

Just to add as well, Dan Gore out for a few weeks as well…

I do feel for Crosby, he’s been totally done over.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I think you’re in a lot more danger this year than last year, mainly by virtue of the fact you’re only two points outside relegation and Reading seem to be picking up points. You weren’t really anywhere close to danger last year despite the ludicrous talk of impending doom.

One thing in your favour though is games in hand - Shrewsbury, Burton and Exeter are all struggling too and you’ve got three games in hand on all of them. Charlton are struggling but I think they’ll pull out of it.

But you could really do with making a change, I know it’s stating the obvious.

Better balance for you?
The only slight positive is almost all the home games are against sides around us or mid table but the fact since March we’ve lost to Morecambe; had stinkers 3-0 against Accrington and Fleetwood, put a horror show in against you guys in April and against Burton twice at Vale Park, add in the Cheltenham horror show this season and Carlisle the other week and an awful Shrewsbury in November and it doesn’t seem to matter as we are dire against even the poorer sides at this level the past 12 months.

But it’s ok as the Robbie Williams suite is nice and we sold a couple of teenagers to Villa and Newcastle and the pitch is like a carpet. Ohhh and don’t forget the beautiful new scoreboard.

It’s literally the club we should be massively proud of in terms of off the pitch, finally stopped being a basket case of a club yet we seem to have forgotten that we have a first team and don’t seem to have any worry about what’s going on there.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Absolutely battered Northampton even after going down to 10 men which to a man nobody could see how it was a red. Mcintyre won the ball cleanly, not high, studs not showing. Northampton lad got there late and got caught on the follow through and also caught tom on the ankle. Bishop had penalty saved and bar a late 15 min surge from Northampton and probably the best goal you'll see in league one this season from the Northampton lad we were dominant. Lang has had a great start to his career. 2 goals 2 assists in first 2 games. Mcintyre looked very assured today. Shame if the red isn't over tuned. But more worried as he left on crutches after the tackle

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient

Apparently he labelled our board "asleep at the wheel" for all the late deadline day deals. Aaron Drinan was meant to sign for Carlisle or Bradford and neither got done so Swindon had to be done very, very late on.

Not happy we're down to 3 CBs, didn't want to lose anybody - Don't think he had a choice with Ed Turns though.

Wanted an experienced striker, wasn't happy that Martin Ling dilly dallied with it and brought in 2 young loanees instead.

Ruh roh. I feel like he’s been pretty disgruntled all season tbh. Certainly his behaviour on the touch line has reflected an unhappy chappie. He does speak out in the moment and regret it afterwards quite often so perhaps they’ll patch things up.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
It's never over till the fat lady sings so they say. More than disappointed to miss today's game and I've not yet spoken to my pal who sits next to me at matches. Still 3-0 sounds good, looks good and a rare clean sheet thrown in as well.
I'm totally ok with Fleetwood getting relegated but........

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Genuinely hope Will Finnie gets home to find his cat has shit all over his sofa and his freezer has completely defrosted. Useless prick. The fact he's just not bothered to blow up and drop ball it like he's supposed to...

Saying that, we had our chances. Jed Ward had a blinder in goal for Rovers. That save from the free kick is up there with the best I've seen. Had absolutely no right to get there yet there he was.

P.S. Always did prefer Bristol City

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient

Dan Agyei is also out for the season.

Interview back up, not as bad as some made out.

But certainly he is not happy we didn't sign an experienced striker and not happy we're down to just three centre halfs for the run in - He's basically blaming Martin Ling for being too slow on deadline day.

This smells to me, like Wellens is planning his exit at the end of the season with a bigger club maybe having already spoken to him.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Ruh roh. I feel like he’s been pretty disgruntled all season tbh. Certainly his behaviour on the touch line has reflected an unhappy chappie. He does speak out in the moment and regret it afterwards quite often so perhaps they’ll patch things up.
Could well happen, as you say Wellens does speak out at times a bit too much.

As good a coach as he is and IMO he can certainly manage higher and better than us - But he does have to learn to reel it in when the time comes.

He'll always be a bit of an arse on the touchline, I sit more or less just above our dugout and all season he's been winding opponents up.

Claret Forever

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
Can imagine Bolton are going to give us a hiding next week as well, so need to just brace ourselvers for a bit and get through to easier games.

Absolutely battered Northampton even after going down to 10 men which to a man nobody could see how it was a red. Mcintyre won the ball cleanly, not high, studs not showing. Northampton lad got there late and got caught on the follow through and also caught tom on the ankle. Bishop had penalty saved and bar a late 15 min surge from Northampton and probably the best goal you'll see in league one this season from the Northampton lad we were dominant. Lang has had a great start to his career. 2 goals 2 assists in first 2 games. Mcintyre looked very assured today. Shame if the red isn't over tuned. But more worried as he left on crutches after the tackle
I've only seen the replay on twitter, and I can absolutely see that view, but by all accounts the tackle drew blood from Pinnock's shin. Not that it matters when you were head and shoulders better over both legs. Way too big of a gap in finances and personnel to be able to compete, and you absolutely dominated us from set pieces in both games.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Can imagine Bolton are going to give us a hiding next week as well, so need to just brace ourselvers for a bit and get through to easier games.

I've only seen the replay on twitter, and I can absolutely see that view, but by all accounts the tackle drew blood from Pinnock's shin. Not that it matters when you were head and shoulders better over both legs. Way too big of a gap in finances and personnel to be able to compete, and you absolutely dominated us from set pieces in both games.
Red Cards shouldn't be given on outcome in terms of injuries. Our lad was injured too as your player was late to the ball. Louie Thompson had a double break on the half way line by Bristol rovers and their player only got a yellow. Mcintyre gets the ball nothing you can do about the follow through and unlucky that your lad got hurt

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
It's never over till the fat lady sings so they say. More than disappointed to miss today's game and I've not yet spoken to my pal who sits next to me at matches. Still 3-0 sounds good, looks good and a rare clean sheet thrown in as well.
I'm totally ok with Fleetwood getting relegated but........

Think its saying you’re the jinx mate ;) Very easy days work for yourselves. We delivered some half decent set pieces into the box first half but it’s no good doing that if there then isn’t anybody with the desire to try and win a first contact and apart from that did little. Outside of that it was 3-0 and in all honesty you could have got a couple more. Same as Portsmouth did last week among others you found our left side a very easy place to attack.

Lawal for you seems decent FWIW. Nice run by him on your second goal

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Think its saying you’re the jinx mate ;) Very easy days work for yourselves. We delivered some half decent set pieces into the box first half but it’s no good doing that if there then isn’t anybody with the desire to try and win a first contact and apart from that did little. Outside of that it was 3-0 and in all honesty you could have got a couple more. Same as Portsmouth did last week among others you found our left side a very easy place to attack.

It’s ok though mate as we will sort the left wing back position out before the window clo… oh.

Connor Grant is awful.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Just seen the Pompey red card… almost an identical tackle to the one on Chislett which wasn’t a foul which just shows the complete inconsistency on those kind of tackles in the game these days and
#
how referees see them.

Just seen the Pompey red card… almost an identical tackle to the one on Chislett which wasn’t a foul which just shows the complete inconsistency on those kind of tackles in the game these days and how referees see them.
You're in big trouble now. You got what you deserved after last weeks abuse.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood

That's very fair of you Kieran, my pal who was at the match texted to say Vale were much the better team in the 1st half but in the 2nd Fleetwood were the dominant team. I don't wish any team ill at the bottom end of the table, it's dog eat dog. Keep your chin up !

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
That's very fair of you Kieran, my pal who was at the match texted to say Vale were much the better team in the 1st half but in the 2nd Fleetwood were the dominant team. I don't wish any team ill at the bottom end of the table, it's dog eat dog. Keep your chin up !

We had a number of corners and there was a goal disallowed presumably for a handball or someone pushing off but truth be told even first half you actually had the best opportunity right on half time to make it 2-0. Certainly second half you were much better than us.

If we go down we go down. Won't be the end of the world we've been in L2 before and no doubt will multiple times in future. Just be irritating on two counts, firstly it would be completely self inflicted and secondly given our neighbours are increasingly looking in trouble in the Championship it would just be sods law they go down but we end up missing out on a Potteries Derby due to our incompetence as a club.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I haven’t abused anyone so not sure what your on about there.
I think he's talking about me but I wouldn’t worry, he's as thick as mince.

Having said that, he's correct in the fact that we're in big trouble. That today was unacceptable. Fleetwood, although slightly better second half, were appalling first half, proper relegation fodder. So to find ourselves 1-0 down without a shot on target was an absolute disgrace.

We've had a shocking transfer window and if Ryan Loft can play for Vale then so can I. Been watching Vale 30+ years and I've not seen a professional footballer as bad as him. Bristol Rovers must be pissing themselves.

We've got a PE teacher as a manager and a Used Car salesman as a director of football. Our saintly chairwoman Carol, the darling of the BBC, is fiddling while Rome burns (that'll be lost on you Pompeyblueboy ).

After all the hard work of getting back into this league, we've been arrogant enough in January (for the second year running) to believe we are safe and 'have enough'.I thought Accrington was bad enough last year but this is a whole new level.

I'm absolutely fuming after spending a fortune again, only to be let down. Why does our football club lurch from crisis to crisis. I'd take 14th place and a quiet season.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Genuinely hope Will Finnie gets home to find his cat has shit all over his sofa and his freezer has completely defrosted. Useless prick. The fact he's just not bothered to blow up and drop ball it like he's supposed to...

Saying that, we had our chances. Jed Ward had a blinder in goal for Rovers. That save from the free kick is up there with the best I've seen. Had absolutely no right to get there yet there he was.

P.S. Always did prefer Bristol City
It's about time we had a decent goalkeeping performance against you lot. The last 3 games Belshaw and Cox have gifted goals away
JedWard plays like there are 2 of him

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Additional point. Why on earth did the Plymouth fans rate Connor Grant...he's dreadful and has been all season.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I think he's talking about me but I wouldn’t worry, he's as thick as mince.

Having said that, he's correct in the fact that we're in big trouble. That today was unacceptable. Fleetwood, although slightly better second half, were appalling first half, proper relegation fodder. So to find ourselves 1-0 down without a shot on target was an absolute disgrace.

We've had a shocking transfer window and if Ryan Loft can play for Vale then so can I. Been watching Vale 30+ years and I've not seen a professional footballer as bad as him. Bristol Rovers must be pissing themselves.

We've got a PE teacher as a manager and a Used Car salesman as a director of football. Our saintly chairwoman Carol, the darling of the BBC, is fiddling while Rome burns (that'll be lost on you Pompeyblueboy ).

After all the hard work of getting back into this league, we've been arrogant enough in January (for the second year running) to believe we are safe and 'have enough'.I thought Accrington was bad enough last year but this is a whole new level.

I'm absolutely fuming after spending a fortune again, only to be let down. Why does our football club lurch from crisis to crisis. I'd take 14th place and a quiet season.
I just don’t get what’s going on, to acknowledge 10 days ago we needed a striker and left wing back and sign a centre half and winger and not address either area again just doesn’t make any sense… to also say “we are not even thinking about relegation” well I hope he is now!

All the hard work we’ve done to get out of that hell hole of a league and we’ve literally just decided we can’t be arsed it feels. It’s a completely avoidable relegation and back to where we started.

It all makes zero sense but the club from top to bottom seems apathetic and even fans who’ve been going years seem to be getting the same apathy.

If they can’t be bothered I’d rather they let us know so we don’t have to waste money on a season ticket when they come out in a month or so.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
We are in big trouble. Winless in 12 in the league now. We don’t look like scoring at all. Yet again an individual defensive mistake cost us. For what it’s worth, Derby were really poor and if we did get any momentum going, one of their players would go down injured to kill that.

Port Vale and Reading both have games on us. Reading away next week is huge

We play poor every week and yet we’ve won 12 out of our last 16 league games. It’s not always great, in fact, it’s hardly ever great, but we just get the job done.

Ebou Adams looks like the missing piece what we needed in midfield to address the balance between Hourihane and Bird. He gets about, kicks people, fills gaps, cuts out passing lanes. He made a big difference. Once NML went off we really just needed to see the game out and I thought we did that well.

Charlton will be a good team next season, some individual quality within their side, but need to implement a better system around their strikers. May was dropping too deep, Ladapo was running after bouncing balls over the top like he’s an overpaid Labrador. It looked as disjointed of a performance from an opposition team I’ve seen this season. A half decent manager could make big strides with that side, for sure.

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
Good result for us vs Blackpool, draw would have been fair in what was a pretty dull game. Thought Blackpool were the better side first half, that said Reid probably missed the best chance in the half. Second half we were improved but didn't really threaten, we managed to grab the winner 5 minutes from the end, Forster-Caskey's effort took a huge deflection off a Blackpool defender and despite their keepers best efforts it managed to find it's way in.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Death, Tax’s and Cambridge fans living rent free in Soz’s head.

Great win for us yesterday and Lyle Taylor showing exactly why others should have taken a game on him. Our goals were really well worked and made to look simple by his desire to get in the box for both goals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!