Sat 3rd Feb fixtures

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
really? I think you were by far the better side early doors and looked more up for it.

But when you're in the drop spots, things go against you like the opposition scoring a shite scrambler against the run of play, and a ropey pen being given to your detriment. Yes there was contact, but I've seen many similar not given.

Chelts' heads never dropped, and it was a great goal from Taylor, but you had 3-4 decent chances and you pissed all of them away.
This is how I saw it as well.

There seems to have been a massive overreaction to yesterday's performance, which is mad when you consider some of the performances at the start of the season.

We weren't as good as we were against Derby or Bolton, but we played well yesterday and, as you say, we never gave up.

The really big issue is that playing well is not getting us points and we're starting to get cut adrift now. We simply have to win on Tuesday.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Great win for us yesterday and Lyle Taylor showing exactly why others should have taken a game on him.

Yeah, him getting goals has raised a few eyebrows amongst our fanbase.

But there’s two things in play here:

1) we literally got him fit for you so he was ready to hit the ground running by the time he got to you

2) we were playing him in a role he simply was not suited to, expecting him to be a like-for-like replacement for Vokes - which he clearly isn’t. And that’s on us, not him.

Clearly his record at this level indicates he’s capable of getting goals if you play him the right way, but we didn’t. He’s nailed on to score against us now…

Reactions: SVH

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Ritchie Wellens post match interview has been pulled from our website.

Apparently he labelled our board "asleep at the wheel" for all the late deadline day deals. Aaron Drinan was meant to sign for Carlisle or Bradford and neither got done so Swindon had to be done very, very late on.

Not happy we're down to 3 CBs, didn't want to lose anybody - Don't think he had a choice with Ed Turns though.

Wanted an experienced striker, wasn't happy that Martin Ling dilly dallied with it and brought in 2 young loanees instead.

You wonder if this will escalate..................

Dan Agyei is also out for the season.
Sounds a bit of an over reaction? You're not going down, and realistically you're not likely to be sneaking into the PO's either. Planting the seed for a summer move? Wellens actually strikes me as a mardy one anyway, he just doesn't have that likeable demeanour about him and can imagine he can rub people up the wrong way fairly quickly.

Genuinely hope Will Finnie gets home to find his cat has shit all over his sofa and his freezer has completely defrosted. Useless prick. The fact he's just not bothered to blow up and drop ball it like he's supposed to...

Saying that, we had our chances. Jed Ward had a blinder in goal for Rovers. That save from the free kick is up there with the best I've seen. Had absolutely no right to get there yet there he was.

P.S. Always did prefer Bristol City
Is that the case? I thought it was only if the ball hit the referee, not if a player and ref collide?

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
We play poor every week and yet we’ve won 12 out of our last 16 league games. It’s not always great, in fact, it’s hardly ever great, but we just get the job done.

Ebou Adams looks like the missing piece what we needed in midfield to address the balance between Hourihane and Bird. He gets about, kicks people, fills gaps, cuts out passing lanes. He made a big difference. Once NML went off we really just needed to see the game out and I thought we did that well.

Charlton will be a good team next season, some individual quality within their side, but need to implement a better system around their strikers. May was dropping too deep, Ladapo was running after bouncing balls over the top like he’s an overpaid Labrador. It looked as disjointed of a performance from an opposition team I’ve seen this season. A half decent manager could make big strides with that side, for sure.
That's what you need sometimes. You were poor but at the same time completely comfortable. You didn't need to be any better to get the 3 points.

Disjointed is the best way to describe it. There's absolutely no cohesion in that team. The annoying thing is we had a good system going forward, hence why May was the league's top scorer and we have the 7th most goals in the league but the defence was terrible. We've unsuccesfully tried to fix the defence and in doing so completely nullified the attack and May is now on 1 in 9. Our two most creative players have left the club on loan and we now have nothing going forward.

A lot of it is just fundamentally poor mismanagement. There's no way this current team should be in a relegation battle but we haven't won in 12 and are in the relegation zone on PPG. It's tough to take especially as this season felt like we had a good shot at playoffs before a ball was kicked. I've never known a team underperform so badly

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
I think he's talking about me but I wouldn’t worry, he's as thick as mince.

Having said that, he's correct in the fact that we're in big trouble. That today was unacceptable. Fleetwood, although slightly better second half, were appalling first half, proper relegation fodder. So to find ourselves 1-0 down without a shot on target was an absolute disgrace.

We've had a shocking transfer window and if Ryan Loft can play for Vale then so can I. Been watching Vale 30+ years and I've not seen a professional footballer as bad as him. Bristol Rovers must be pissing themselves.

We've got a PE teacher as a manager and a Used Car salesman as a director of football. Our saintly chairwoman Carol, the darling of the BBC, is fiddling while Rome burns (that'll be lost on you Pompeyblueboy ).

After all the hard work of getting back into this league, we've been arrogant enough in January (for the second year running) to believe we are safe and 'have enough'.I thought Accrington was bad enough last year but this is a whole new level.

I'm absolutely fuming after spending a fortune again, only to be let down. Why does our football club lurch from crisis to crisis. I'd take 14th place and a quiet season.
Know and agree with you on Ryan Loft -- Never thought we would be able to get rid of him. That late goal at your place must have done the trick. Which of your managers signed him ?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Know and agree with you on Ryan Loft -- Never thought we would be able to get rid of him. That late goal at your place must have done the trick. Which of your managers signed him ?
Crosby who was in charge that day. He’s actually scored 4 or 5 times against us since 2019/20! Which says more about our defending judged on so far!

We paid a decent fee I think as well… to think we sold Ellis Harrison to get him in!

Razzmachaz

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
I really don't understand the need for Wellens to dig out the board or Ling regarding the transfer window. Agyei was injured before a ball was kicked and was a big signing he then gets to replace with another big signing in Jordan Graham which wasn't initially budgeted for. Both are now injured.

This window he loses Thompson who hasn't played a single minute, Drinan who has had next to no impact for 2 years and Turns who was barely figuring. He gains a centre back and 2 young hungry forwards who want to prove themselves from the Prem.

Wellens is a great manager and fantastic coach but this is all politics from him. He has been backed well hence why we are top half in our first season and shouldn't complain. He must have a short memory of his experience in this division with clubs with no budget like Doncaster and Swindon.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Crosby who was in charge that day. He’s actually scored 4 or 5 times against us since 2019/20! Which says more about our defending judged on so far!

We paid a decent fee I think as well… to think we sold Ellis Harrison to get him in!
I know you shouldn't listen to fans on players but you really should have with him.
He did actually have a run of games for us were he was scoring and playing well and we were all saying he was an integral part of the team. Didn't last long though, got injured and we never saw 'that' player again.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Anyway that’s me done for this season. Sacking the whole thing off having spent the past couple of months wishing the season was over. I’ve not enjoyed this season one bit and can’t stomach another 3 months of this shit waiting for the inevitable relegation to be confirmed. So I’m just taking myself away from all things Carlisle United till the season is over.

I’ll be back in the summer hopefully refreshed and ready to see us take on the challenge of League 2.

League 1 forum, it’s been a blast (kind of). May we meet again some day.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I think he's talking about me but I wouldn’t worry, he's as thick as mince.

Having said that, he's correct in the fact that we're in big trouble. That today was unacceptable. Fleetwood, although slightly better second half, were appalling first half, proper relegation fodder. So to find ourselves 1-0 down without a shot on target was an absolute disgrace.

We've had a shocking transfer window and if Ryan Loft can play for Vale then so can I. Been watching Vale 30+ years and I've not seen a professional footballer as bad as him. Bristol Rovers must be pissing themselves.

We've got a PE teacher as a manager and a Used Car salesman as a director of football. Our saintly chairwoman Carol, the darling of the BBC, is fiddling while Rome burns (that'll be lost on you Pompeyblueboy ).

After all the hard work of getting back into this league, we've been arrogant enough in January (for the second year running) to believe we are safe and 'have enough'.I thought Accrington was bad enough last year but this is a whole new level.

I'm absolutely fuming after spending a fortune again, only to be let down. Why does our football club lurch from crisis to crisis. I'd take 14th place and a quiet season.
It's almost as good as a Pompey win when PV lose..

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I know you shouldn't listen to fans on players but you really should have with him.
He did actually have a run of games for us were he was scoring and playing well and we were all saying he was an integral part of the team. Didn't last long though, got injured and we never saw 'that' player again.
I can't believe he's ever been integral to anything. He's tall but doesn't win anything, my 6 year old daughter has better control than him, he doesn't really put in loads of effort to mask his ability. Literally no redeeming features. He's certainly in the top 5 worst players I've seen in 30 odd years of watching Vale....and bear in mind that 2 of those players in the top 5 came from Chasetown. Genuinely baffled as to how he's ever made it as a pro footballer.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I wouldn't get too excited, there'll be 2 leagues between us next year. But then you'll spend too much, again, and get into financial trouble, again, and drop down the leagues, again, and before you know it you'll be playing us, again. It reminded me of when Bolton beat us 4 or 5 seasons ago...they were singing 'we'll never play you again'....wonder how that one turned out?

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That's what you need sometimes. You were poor but at the same time completely comfortable. You didn't need to be any better to get the 3 points.

Disjointed is the best way to describe it. There's absolutely no cohesion in that team. The annoying thing is we had a good system going forward, hence why May was the league's top scorer and we have the 7th most goals in the league but the defence was terrible. We've unsuccesfully tried to fix the defence and in doing so completely nullified the attack and May is now on 1 in 9. Our two most creative players have left the club on loan and we now have nothing going forward.

A lot of it is just fundamentally poor mismanagement. There's no way this current team should be in a relegation battle but we haven't won in 12 and are in the relegation zone on PPG. It's tough to take especially as this season felt like we had a good shot at playoffs before a ball was kicked. I've never known a team underperform so badly
Derby reminded me of Sheffield Wednesday last season. Both times we played them, I thought they were very average but yet they beat us twice...Derby will do the same. I think it's mainly down to having a higher calibre of defender available, and then if they're not available then someone equally as good slots in. Then all they need to do is nick a goal and see the game out. It's the best way of getting out of this league at the right end. I think Charlton are capable if they could sort out their defensive structure.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
If that’s what excites you fair enough, not sure it will bother us too much that a lad from Portsmouth has an irrational dislike for us though in fairness.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
I really don't understand the need for Wellens to dig out the board or Ling regarding the transfer window. Agyei was injured before a ball was kicked and was a big signing he then gets to replace with another big signing in Jordan Graham which wasn't initially budgeted for. Both are now injured.

This window he loses Thompson who hasn't played a single minute, Drinan who has had next to no impact for 2 years and Turns who was barely figuring. He gains a centre back and 2 young hungry forwards who want to prove themselves from the Prem.

Wellens is a great manager and fantastic coach but this is all politics from him. He has been backed well hence why we are top half in our first season and shouldn't complain. He must have a short memory of his experience in this division with clubs with no budget like Doncaster and Swindon.
Sounds like Forde is doing very well for you .

Our fans are hoping he gets a chance with us next season .

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Yeah, him getting goals has raised a few eyebrows amongst our fanbase.

But there’s two things in play here:

1) we literally got him fit for you so he was ready to hit the ground running by the time he got to you

2) we were playing him in a role he simply was not suited to, expecting him to be a like-for-like replacement for Vokes - which he clearly isn’t. And that’s on us, not him.

Clearly his record at this level indicates he’s capable of getting goals if you play him the right way, but we didn’t. He’s nailed on to score against us now…
We play a 4-2-3-1 and he is our focal point but not as direct as you.

A lot of our attacks come from the wide areas and both his goals come from those areas yesterday. I think Vokes is a very good striker but you should have adapted your style to accommodate Taylor because he will get plenty of goals in this league.

He’s also a very infectious character from what I’ve seen and he will quickly become a fans favourite here.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Sounds like Forde is doing very well for you .

Our fans are hoping he gets a chance with us next season .
He's still very raw, but has slowly improved with us as the season as gone on. He's finally learnt when to run to avoid being offside and has managed to avoid silly yellow cards and confrontations the last 6 weeks.

Left footed primarily, but can still strike the ball well with his right foot too. Works hard for the team and is quick.

Scores all different types of goals as well, tap ins and long rangers.

Wellens has said we've got no chance of taking him pernamently and that he will almost certainly end up pushing for your first team and getting a new contract with Watford.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Sounds a bit of an over reaction? You're not going down, and realistically you're not likely to be sneaking into the PO's either. Planting the seed for a summer move? Wellens actually strikes me as a mardy one anyway, he just doesn't have that likeable demeanour about him and can imagine he can rub people up the wrong way fairly quickly.

He's always moaning and probably a bit hard to manage for any owner, he was at Man Utd as a player when Fergie was there so he has that winning mentality.

Still a superb coach though, he's probably irked that coaches like Luke Williams and Liam Manning for example who haven't achieved anywhere near as much as a manager as he has, have managed to get good Championship jobs and he hasn't. His time will come though.

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
If that’s what excites you fair enough, not sure it will bother us too much that a lad from Portsmouth has an irrational dislike for us though in fairness.
Vale are massive, that’s why.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I wouldn't get too excited, there'll be 2 leagues between us next year. But then you'll spend too much, again, and get into financial trouble, again, and drop down the leagues, again, and before you know it you'll be playing us, again. It reminded me of when Bolton beat us 4 or 5 seasons ago...they were singing 'we'll never play you again'....wonder how that one turned out?

Still a long way for us to go, promotion-wise. It's very tight at the top and we've blown it before. I'm optimistic though. The January recruitment has gone well and team confidence seems high at the moment.

Regarding overspending in the future - it's very unlikely under our current owners who made a solid contractual commitment to not do that when they bought out our fan ownership. They've been true to their word, which is part of the reason we've been in this division since 2016 and watched a multitude of teams get promoted on smaller gates.

I think our current setup has a chance of surviving in the Championship if we go up. Historically it's our level. We finally have a modern CEO/Sporting Director/Head Coach structure who all seem to be on the same page.

The Championship is absolutely a financial basket case, but looking at how a very well run club like Plymouth have coped this season should give us hope that we could do the same, should we go up.

Tallow

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Anyway that’s me done for this season. Sacking the whole thing off having spent the past couple of months wishing the season was over. I’ve not enjoyed this season one bit and can’t stomach another 3 months of this shit waiting for the inevitable relegation to be confirmed. So I’m just taking myself away from all things Carlisle United till the season is over.

I’ll be back in the summer hopefully refreshed and ready to see us take on the challenge of League 2.

League 1 forum, it’s been a blast (kind of). May we meet again some day.ps going when we're bottom of the league.
Bottom of the league, so you stop going!!
You're embarrassing yourself.

TheDon

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town

goodbyegregory

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd

Yeah whatever, you'll be back here as soon as we lose again just to tell everyone how shit we are and why life is so depressing etc etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!