The Bury summer signing uberthread. WARNING - Contains tinpot material

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Posted the below on the Colchester match thread and on my fan page on Facebook but thought I'd post it here as well.

When my Bury team faced Colchester in 2013 we dominated for 90 mins barring two Colchester shots that both lead to goals. I asked for passion, commitment and of course pure dedication to the fantastic Bury fans that day and it was duly provided, the only thing that let us down was a failure to score and a failure of the linesman to spot a ball that had gone over the line. All that was managed with a garbage team of players and against a revitalised Colchester team.
Flitcroft had a much better group of players on saturday and aside from a twenty minute spell against one of the worst defences I have ever seen (I was at gigg lane scouting in case you are wondering) Bury lacked commitment and didn't seem bothered bar Leon Clarke and Jones.
This merely proves that I am a better manager than Flitcroft and had it been me in charge on saturday we'd have kept it tight so it wouldn't have been 2-0 and I would have been hoofing the ball forward and making their back four work as hard as possible so most likely the result would have been a convincing 4-0 home win rather than the flattering 5-2 (2-0 down in 20 mins was pathetic btw).
Our singing section were embarrasing with their needless goading and gloating towards an understandably tiny away following and then taunts about them going down and being rubbish etc. As an ex employee of BFC I can only apologise.

If Bury have turned the corner they will at the very least avoid defeat on Tuesday and not capitulate Coventry style at Wigan.

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
An excellent post. We were reminiscing the other day about some of the all time classic games under your tenure:
Stevenage 2-2 Bury ... 'King Kev makes his point'
Bury 2-1 Hartlepool ... 1st win of the season
Bury 2-0 Portsmouth ... a commanding performance
Bury 2-2 Bournemouth ... just seconds from escaping the relegation zone
Bury 2-0 Doncaster ... Ajose return and battering top of the league
Brentford 2-2 Bury ... A great day on the piss culmuninatng in Blackys 'fist pump' towards me and Irish John
Notts County 4-1 Bury ... A brilliant first half display which showcased the fighting spirit instilled by King Kev. 4 lucky second half goals.
Swindon 0-1 Bury ... What a bounce back from the previous result.

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
An excellent post. We were reminiscing the other day about some of the all time classic games under your tenure:
Stevenage 2-2 Bury ... 'King Kev makes his point'
Bury 2-1 Hartlepool ... 1st win of the season
Bury 2-0 Portsmouth ... a commanding performance
Bury 2-2 Bournemouth ... just seconds from escaping the relegation zone
Bury 2-0 Doncaster ... Ajose return and battering top of the league
Brentford 2-2 Bury ... A great day on the piss culmuninatng in Blackys 'fist pump' towards me and Irish John
Notts County 4-1 Bury ... A brilliant first half display which showcased the fighting spirit instilled by King Kev. 4 lucky second half goals.
Swindon 0-1 Bury ... What a bounce back from the previous result.

We lost Zubar that day and the team fell apart in the second half. I didn't want to buy rubbish like Eastham but my hands were forced due to the financial problems that I was told to keep secret. Thus the useless idiot went out and messed up my plans with his inept second half performance.

I remember the Pompey game as there was a very large away following, we were that dominant I had to tell the team to calm down to stop it becoming a cricket score and I was wary of the away fans rioting. It would have cost the club a lot of money that so in keeping the score at 2-0 (but still seeing the game out) I probably saved BFC about 50k. Chuck in the fact that the crowd was close to 3500, about a thousand up on what it would have been had Milesy's hero Shirtliff still been in charge then all in all I earned 100k for the club from this fixture.

Btw Howard can you confirm on here to members of my fanbase that there is a tribute page to me on the Bury MB. I was in Cornwall a few months back and decided to pop into a nice pub for a steak and some afternoon pints. It didn't take long however for word to spread that I was in the area and before I knew it the pub was packed with fans wanting to meet me and get my autograph. I mentioned this tribute thread to them and none of them believed me. All they said was that I was treated very badly by Bury's old and current regime. However they refused to believe that Bury fans had tried to organise a tribute for me.

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Ashley Eastham has been solid and reliable for us. Not a world-beater, but a decent no nonsense defender.

Must be the benefits of proper management/coaching... :)

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
He was garbage for my Bury team whilst being surrounded by garbage players.
Re coaching I am a proper coach hence my brilliant record at championship level unlike Keith Hill so comparing him to me is a bit unfair when you look at the egg head's poor record in the championship.

Last edited:

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Is Flitcroft going to do the impossible and finish below Barkers league position despite the huge sums of money invested? If this happens he surely has to go?

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
blackwell.jpg

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Is Flitcroft going to do the impossible and finish below Barkers league position despite the huge sums of money invested? If this happens he surely has to go?
Not a fan of Barker owing to the garbage squad he and idiot Shirtliff left me with, however did he not lose Mike Jones, Lowe, Mozika and Kyle Bennett before and during the season? The fact DF has already made such a huge mess of things without losing key players to bigger clubs paints its own sad picture.

If we go from October the 17th onwards under DF and compare his record against top 6 teams since then against mine in the 2012/2013 season I think it will show us how garbage he is.

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Sadly, I’ve got to the point where I’m tired of Bury FC. Things weren’t perfect when Fenton was at the helm, but he knew what it meant to the fans because he was one, I’m tired of our club being ran by people who don’t care how the fans feel so long as we keep on handing over our money, I’m tired of all us lifelong fans being seen as nothing more than customers. I’m tired of promises being broken, I’m tired of Fans Forums that never occur, I’m tired of hare-brained money making schemes that will never come into fruition. I’m tired of the lies. I’m tired of the CCJs and the WUOs. I'm tired of the lack of communication. I’m tired of us being a laughing stock.

I’m tired of the club not having a presence in Bury other than on a matchday, but expecting the public of Bury to come out in their droves to support the club. I’m tired of Carrington. I’m tired of us having the supposedly best facilities in the league, but looking like the most clueless team in it when we step on the pitch. I’m tired of David Flitcroft. I’m tired of him standing on the edge of his technical area with his hands in his pockets looking like he doesn’t have a clue. I’m tired of square pegs in round holes. I’m tired of Ben Futcher and how his only contribution to the match seems to be to move his arms in a circular motion in front of his body as if to say “keep up the workrate” when we often look devoid of any ability to work at all.

I’m tired of the injuries. I’m tired from trying to think of every name of every ‘keeper we’ve had since Flitcroft arrived. I’m tired of people saying Flitcroft bloods youth. He doesn’t. He’ll bring them on for 20 minutes of so, out of position, kill their confidence and then send them back to non-league on loan. I’m tired of David Flitcroft. I’m tired of his inability to learn from his mistakes. I’m tired of the same stupid answers to the same stupid questions in the same stupid interviews. I’m tired of the clichés. I’m tired of him talking to us like we don’t know anything about the game because we’re not from footballing backgrounds. I’m tired of him running straight down the tunnel at the final whistle rather than coming to applaud the fans who have spent their hard earned money to watch the shit he has his team serve up. I’m tired, but moreso I’m ANGRY that he NEVER takes the blame. It’s never his fault. I’m tired of the lack of emotion he shows in that stupid monotone Bolton accent when we’ve just been dicked by Coventry, Barnsley, Wigan et al. I’m tired of his lack of emotion showing in the players on the pitch. I’m tired of him being manager of the club and being so cosy with Stewart Day that this is the way it’ll stay regardless.

I’m tired of our own fans thinking that all the above is ok because we’re now mid-table in League One. I’m tired that those same fans can’t see that this squad is under-achieving and has cost a lot of money to assemble.

Walking out of the DW on Saturday (at 80 mins – something I never do) I contemplated to myself where I go from here. I had an offer on the table of a far better afternoon than I had at Wigan and I turned it down for that. I’m tired of following this club around the country, throwing a load of money at it and getting very little enjoyment back from it.

Right now I’m tired of Bury FC and the way we’re being ran from top to bottom and I can’t see it changing any time soon.

£22 to go to Rochdale weekend after next? For the first time ever I’m going to pass. I can’t be bothered with it.

An excellent post stolen from ming central.
However, due to a terrible coincidence it appears I am in town for the Rochdale trip. I'll probably stay in the Knowsley!

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Sadly, I’ve got to the point where I’m tired of Bury FC. Things weren’t perfect when Fenton was at the helm, but he knew what it meant to the fans because he was one, I’m tired of our club being ran by people who don’t care how the fans feel so long as we keep on handing over our money, I’m tired of all us lifelong fans being seen as nothing more than customers. I’m tired of promises being broken, I’m tired of Fans Forums that never occur, I’m tired of hare-brained money making schemes that will never come into fruition. I’m tired of the lies. I’m tired of the CCJs and the WUOs. I'm tired of the lack of communication. I’m tired of us being a laughing stock.

I’m tired of the club not having a presence in Bury other than on a matchday, but expecting the public of Bury to come out in their droves to support the club. I’m tired of Carrington. I’m tired of us having the supposedly best facilities in the league, but looking like the most clueless team in it when we step on the pitch. I’m tired of David Flitcroft. I’m tired of him standing on the edge of his technical area with his hands in his pockets looking like he doesn’t have a clue. I’m tired of square pegs in round holes. I’m tired of Ben Futcher and how his only contribution to the match seems to be to move his arms in a circular motion in front of his body as if to say “keep up the workrate” when we often look devoid of any ability to work at all.

I’m tired of the injuries. I’m tired from trying to think of every name of every ‘keeper we’ve had since Flitcroft arrived. I’m tired of people saying Flitcroft bloods youth. He doesn’t. He’ll bring them on for 20 minutes of so, out of position, kill their confidence and then send them back to non-league on loan. I’m tired of David Flitcroft. I’m tired of his inability to learn from his mistakes. I’m tired of the same stupid answers to the same stupid questions in the same stupid interviews. I’m tired of the clichés. I’m tired of him talking to us like we don’t know anything about the game because we’re not from footballing backgrounds. I’m tired of him running straight down the tunnel at the final whistle rather than coming to applaud the fans who have spent their hard earned money to watch the shit he has his team serve up. I’m tired, but moreso I’m ANGRY that he NEVER takes the blame. It’s never his fault. I’m tired of the lack of emotion he shows in that stupid monotone Bolton accent when we’ve just been dicked by Coventry, Barnsley, Wigan et al. I’m tired of his lack of emotion showing in the players on the pitch. I’m tired of him being manager of the club and being so cosy with Stewart Day that this is the way it’ll stay regardless.

I’m tired of our own fans thinking that all the above is ok because we’re now mid-table in League One. I’m tired that those same fans can’t see that this squad is under-achieving and has cost a lot of money to assemble.

Walking out of the DW on Saturday (at 80 mins – something I never do) I contemplated to myself where I go from here. I had an offer on the table of a far better afternoon than I had at Wigan and I turned it down for that. I’m tired of following this club around the country, throwing a load of money at it and getting very little enjoyment back from it.

Right now I’m tired of Bury FC and the way we’re being ran from top to bottom and I can’t see it changing any time soon.

£22 to go to Rochdale weekend after next? For the first time ever I’m going to pass. I can’t be bothered with it.

An excellent post stolen from ming central.
However, due to a terrible coincidence it appears I am in town for the Rochdale trip. I'll probably stay in the Knowsley!

Post from my fanpage re BFC.

I agree with pretty much everything said in RammyShaker's rant though I do think that we are not the only fans who feel like this now though.
A large part of the disillusionment has come from the performances and I think that just sums up how bad it has been since mid October. Flitcroft has turned what should be an enjoyable season into an absolute farce. Even if we get four points from our next two games we know it will just be followed by two more capitulations against Dale and Blackpool. How many Bury fans saw the date of Dale away and had thoughts of us pushing for the playoffs come that fixture and a really big following travelling down to Spotland? Unless we grab a couple of decent results against Posh and Bradford then I fail to see more than 1500 travelling which will be pathetic but at the same time understandable.
How many Bury fans saw Blackpool away on Good Friday as a perfect fixture? Again, how many are seriously going to want to travel with us in such dire form? I mean what are the chances of us getting an away fixture as good as that ever again? And yet after all the signings and talk of the championship the conmen and Flitcroft are now claiming 20th was always the aim. Do they have any idea as to how stupid this makes them and us look? You may well be able to fool idiots like George 2010 and Shaker doo lally land Ryan but seriously how many are buying it? Quite clearly not many.
Any sign of that fans forum yet? No!
The annual meeting to submit the accounts? Haven't heard anything.
Has anyone had any replies off any emails sent to the club? I certainly have not.
Are we still expected to believe that this board still want to build a strong relationship with fans? Quite clearly not as everything in the last year has proved. It seems they are happy plunging the club into debt, ignoring everything the fans want or request then throwing in the occasional insult at the fans via yet another badly worded statement.
Until we get regular communication from the board most fans will continue to feel disconnected and dissilusioned and unfortunately a quick sentence of reassurance on talksport isn't going to wash with most fans, especially not when another CCJ or WUP will surface again a week or two later. If Day wants us to back him then we need actual reassurance that he isn't leading us into oblivion if he doesn't all it will lead to is more lifelong shakers like RammyShaker losing interest. That is no way to build a 'revolution' let alone a football club.

Last edited:

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Ps feel free to copy and paste onto the MB.

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Unfortunately not possible. I'm now banned for a month due to calling Ben Miles an odious toad!

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
You were banned for making an obvious observation? Pathetic!

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
It seems the pressure has got to Flitcroft in a way it never did with you Kev. He has called the fans disbelievers and deserters ... and can't understand why crowds are beginning to fall!

Some good quotes from **** central (can't post due to wanker Miles):
James -None of us are disbelievers or deserters Al, that's the point. We're all here because of Bury Football Club, not David Flitcroft. We could have all sodded off a long time ago.
and RammyShaker in reply...and, likely, would have done if Flitcroft had always been in charge. There's only so much any man can take.

morex (YES MOREX!!!!) backing up the king ... If Blackwell had said that....there would be a lynching

Wirrall Shaker ...
I genuinely dislike being called a DESERTER by our current manager
1961 to 2016 so far, and I've seen some dross in that time yet still come back for more
If you see some grey bearded bloke reminding the current manager of this from the main stand tomorrow it'll be me

ndavis... He won't accept any criticism when we are playing poorly but wants all the credit when results are going well. This selective appraisal of his own performance does him no credit at all..

Many more of the same content. Is it too late to bring back the king?

C_71_article_1593498_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
I would come back tomorrow Howard but it seems Flitcroft will not be backed regardless of his failings. I see that since beating Bury 6-0 (3-0 inside the first 20 mins, 4-0 before HT) Coventry have played two home games and lost them both, including the game against bottom four Fleetwood and of course losing against Rochdale on Saturday. As a side note every team that I have been manager of, in spite of numerous financial problems etc, at the end of a season I have still always finished above Bradford City, at the very least we would be in a higher division, some times two divisions higher. Seems this is not going to happen under DF, if you add in the four points Bradford have coasted to against DF's Bury it makes the statistic worse.

Those comments were truly mind boggling btw. All that most Bury fans ask for is some honesty and transparency from the board. Stuart Day is happy to sit on talksport at 2am in the morning and tell everyone how great he is but can't be bothered to organise a regular fans forum and answer fans questions. By regular fans forums you know once a month or once every two months. It seems DF has a similar mentality, happy to yap about how great he is when we win but slanders everyone to high heaven and wont accept his own failings. I wonder how long it will be before the keyboard cowards insult comes out again.

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
RoversRoy "
Get this clown of a manager out, after the Chris Eagles situation it's very clear that he thinks he know everything to know about the game & so WILL NOT learn even from those that are more qualified.
It will be interesting to hear what other players have to say once they leave Gigg Lane." In response to Chris Eagles criticism of Flitcrofts training regime in todays Sun.

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
And people called me a bully. Obviously there was never any evidence to back this claim up, clear evidence here to suggest DF is one. Wonder what 20 something year old virgin Shaker Ryan thinks about this.

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
We have been crying out for a centre half for weeks ... so we sign 2 midfielders in a week ... one an untried kid ... the other a reject from Chessy. Meanwhile 3 wins in a row at Rothers ....

Flitcroft out.

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
We have been crying out for a centre half for weeks ... so we sign 2 midfielders in a week ... one an untried kid ... the other a reject from Chessy. Meanwhile 3 wins in a row at Rothers ....

Flitcroft out.

Stupid signings but then again he does like playing player out of position so maybe he is using this as an excuse to play Soares in defence again.

Aye, things going well at Rothers, hopefully me being there will play a big part in Bolton going down then Bury fans can look forward to a proper derby next season.

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Speaking of derbies (geographically if not historically) I will be partaking in a liquid breakfast (usual departure lounge) at 9am Sat if you are heading over for what I feel will be a prearranged 1-0 home win (after Dave upset Keith in the cup game there is bound to be some sort of payback).

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Going off my fan page I believe the heywood and stanley's contingent are heading to heywood wetherspoons to start. They are undecided on meeting times as of yet and are unsure whether they will be sticking to spoons then taxi straight to Spotland or having a few up Norden. If rumours are to be believed then infamous sex pest Mambo has expressed an interest in heading to heywood as well.
Re the score reckon we may just about battle to a 0-0 draw, DF can't afford another humiliation in an away game and needs to make up for the Wigan farce.

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Going off my fan page I believe the heywood and stanley's contingent are heading to heywood wetherspoons to start. They are undecided on meeting times as of yet and are unsure whether they will be sticking to spoons then taxi straight to Spotland or having a few up Norden. If rumours are to be believed then infamous sex pest Mambo has expressed an interest in heading to heywood as well.
Re the score reckon we may just about battle to a 0-0 draw, DF can't afford another humiliation in an away game and needs to make up for the Wigan farce.
Not forgetting Coventry before that ... and Barnsley before that ... and Fleetwood, Port Vale, Southend, Millwall, Gillingham, Shrewsbury and Bradford of course!

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Not forgetting Coventry before that ... and Barnsley before that ... and Fleetwood, Port Vale, Southend, Millwall, Gillingham, Shrewsbury and Bradford of course!

When you look at that fantastic away run it makes you wonder what the Bury fans are getting so annoyed about.
Seriously we don't have a right to beat anyone you know - Bradford away I could stomach (the away run would not go on forever) Gillingham, Millwall and Barnsley are all good sides but the manor of the defeat to Vale, the one up front at Fleetwood, the second half capitualtion at Southend, the goalkeeping farce that caused defeat at Shrewsbury, the pathetic capitulation against Coventry (who were 5 without a win before the game and two straight defeats since playing us), the stupid tactics and spineless gutless collapse at Wigan are what pee me off. That GD says it all and that is with two quality central defenders and a host of talent up front.

As a side note surely Dale will make it POTD on saturday. Pathetic if they don't.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Why is Pope not getting a game? We knew he was on the decline but he's the best header of the ball in this league by a mile. Give him the right service and he would have scored you a guaranteed 15-20 this season. He just seems to be left on the bench.

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Why is Pope not getting a game? We knew he was on the decline but he's the best header of the ball in this league by a mile. Give him the right service and he would have scored you a guaranteed 15-20 this season. He just seems to be left on the bench.

Because our manager is an idiot!

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
I will try and give you the lowdown without droaning on to much. When we won promotion we had Lowe, Nardiello, Rose and Hope. Aside from Hope the other three strikers had played a big part in the promotion scoring around 10 goals each. With the experience of Lowe and Nards and a real prospect in Rose I did not see the strikers as a really important area that needed signings. We lacked an experienced goalkeeper at league one level and depth at the back and in the midfield. Flitcroft didn't address these key areas instead addressing the one area that least needed addressing - the attack. He signed not one but two high profile and probably expensive strikers in Clarke and Pope leaving us with six strikers (not to mention the high quality youngsters we supposedly have coming through).
Aside from Clarke in defence the rest of his signings have been utility or injury prone players. I think that this has layed the foundations for most of our problems this season, mainly good players being frozen out or played out of position.
Clarke has been belting up front for us this season but the most dangerous we have looked going forward was our 4-3 victory over Blackpool with Pope and Rose up front. Pope was used to full effect heading the ball on to Rose, tussling with their players, holding the ball up and in the first half we looked like we would score with every attack we made. He did not score but still I named him as probably the best player on the pitch that day. I missed the 4-0 win over Wigan but apparently Rose and Pope were just as good that day as well.

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Good question. When Pope and Rose have played together we have looked threatening ... 4 goals v Wigan and Blackpool in consecutive weeks. However, Clarke is probably the best in terms of goals scored ... and then we have Lowe who's still influential despite his age. In short the manager is a moron for signing a surplus of striking options whilst leaving us criminally short in other areas.

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Lowe up front by himself says it all. As did the entire away end at full time. Flitcroft OUT!

stevie_howard

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Have we gone completely full circle in the space of 3 years. If the latest development about a transfer embargo turns out to be true the how are we better off under Day than we were under Fenton?

Under Fenton there were no winding up orders/petitions ... it has been highly publicised that this is not the case under the current regime.

This also further highlights the absolute drain on resources Flitcrofts ego has been ... a far cry to Blackwell sacrificing his own reputation and points for cheap young players which meant the club could survive to the end of the season.

In other news Ill be attending the Shrewsbury game ... hoping for a couple of early away goals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!