THE (Revived) RELEASE LIST - Summer 2017

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Nah, Loach has been with us before as a young'un.

He's not very good anyway.

RavenBish

Antihero
Reaction score
Supports
Shola Ameobi's Notts County
Loach is a solid League 2 keeper - it says a lot about him he's been behind Carroll and Collin in his time here although arguably been better than both when he's played.

Good decisions all around by Nolan imo. Think Stead will go anyway but keeping Duffy, Ameobi, Hewitt and Milsom would be a good start. Hollis is fine and always has been - fans just can't deal with 'ok' players - if they're not great then they're shit and that's that. Giving Curtis Thompson a 1 year deal is nice too - if he can stay fit he's a useful (and versatile) player at this level.

...and most importantly - Adam Campbell's gone which is superb news.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Under contract for next season:
ST Dan Holman
CM Harry Pell
CM Carl Winchester
CB Will Boyle
CB Matt Bower
CM Josh Thomas

Expect Holman, Pell, Winchester and Boyle to be key members of the squad. Hopefully Holman can avoid injury this time around and find his form from two seasons ago. Thomas and Bower are youngsters who will likely be loaned out or used as cover.

Offered contracts:
ST Billy Waters - won most of the POTS awards, been better in the FL than he was at NL level. Be very pleased if he signs on.
ST Danny Wright - scored some important goals and always put in a shift. Be good to keep as cover.
CM Kyle Storer - spent a lot of the season suspended but was a key player when he did play.
LB Jordan Cranston - most of our fans don't rate him. Good going forward but a bit shaky at the back. Personally I don't think he's as bad as people say but definitely want some competition for him at LB.
CB Dan O'Shaughnessy - decent player with a hell of a long throw but again should be used only as cover in my view.
CB Aaron Downes - offered a player/coach role, really good guy to have around the club so glad he's (probably) staying.
GK Rhys Lovett - young keeper highly rated, will either be the backup or loaned out.
MF Adam Page - young lad who's spent a lot of time injured but has some promise.

Released:
CM Jack Munns - gutted to see him go, never got much of a look in this season after being superb in the NL. Whoever signs him has a heck of a player on their hands.
MF James Dayton - bags of ability but too often injured. Again if whoever signs him can keep him fit, he'll be a very good addition.
RB Jack Barthram - always thought he was a very solid player but didn't feature a lot this season. Shame to see him go.
GK Calum Kitscha - been the backup for two years, ironically injured for the one game he could've played away at Wycombe. Needs games and won't get them here.
RB Jordan Lymn - youngster who got a pro deal last summer and was loaned out several times.
CM James Rowe - really divided opinion amongst our fans. Personally thought he was decent but Winchester should be an improvement at CM.
LB Liam Davis - joined in January and gave a number of good performances but always got the impression he'd leave at the end of the season.
CB Dan Parslow, CM Asa Hall, & ST Amari Morgan-Smith - all out on loan at York since January and were never likely to stay after that.
LB James Jennings - signed in summer, played about three games then loaned out. Meh.

So we need a GK, two full-backs, at least one CB, CM, couple of wide players and at least one striker. Busy summer ahead.

Someone is going to get an absolute steal with Barts and Munns. Both shockingly treated this past season, and with Barts having a fall out with Johnson early doors the writing was on the wall all season.

Dayts is class, but just can't keep fit. Someone will take a punt, and he deserves another shot in the Football League.

Of the rest, I'm not too concerned they've been let go, we've either already got better, or would expect us to be able to sign better.

As for contracts offer, Cranston sticks out like sore thumb. Like 99, I don't think he's as bad as many make out, but he really isn't that good either. I have to believe he's only being kept on as back up. The rest all more than earned a new deal, aside from Adam Page who big things are expected of assuming he can keep fit after a couple of really nasty injuries.

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
Danny Pugh
Chris Eagles
Andre Bikey

I had to check that you didn't put these 3 names in as some kind of a joke as I didn't realise that any of them were still playing professional football. Amazed and delighted to see that they're all still going strong for the same club!

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
WHAAAAT?! It says on Wikipedia that Vale have got Jerome Thomas as well! Surely this is all a prank at my expense?!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
WHAAAAT?! It says on Wikipedia that Vale have got Jerome Thomas as well! Surely this is all a prank at my expense?!

Jerome Thomas has been with us all season but injured a lot of it and expected to leave.

Danny Pugh signed on January deadline day from Blackpool and been steady, not quite Grant and his legs are not what they were but did ok.

Chris Eagles lost his way a bit after losing his baby at birth and we signed him in January. Was massively unfit and seemed to lack confidence but we've got him up to speed and he became a key player and one I'm desperately hoping stays. Scored four or five and looked something like he used too.

Andre Bikey signed as a free agent in March very unfit but came in and was superb, absolute beast and pretty much did a job on one leg in one of the later games. Keep him and il be delighted as with a pre season and full fitness would be superb.

In terms of ex Prem grandads we've also had Ryan Taylor of Newcastle and Wigan the past season too although he will likely leave.

Of course you could also add Michael Brown who is still a player and will be registered next season at 41!

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Absolutely no idea what is going on:

Danny Collins
Haha the article on the website made me laugh. Something along the lines of "we hope to speak to Danny Collins before the start of the 2017/18 season." :lol:

Also, I totally didn't realise Berrett and Summerfield were on longer deals than a season. That really was Hurst trolling us for being terrible moaners, wasn't it?

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Haha the article on the website made me laugh. Something along the lines of "we hope to speak to Danny Collins before the start of the 2017/18 season." :lol:

Also, I totally didn't realise Berrett and Summerfield were on longer deals than a season. That really was Hurst trolling us for being terrible moaners, wasn't it?
Yep, along with signing another relegated midfielder in Chambers and a completely unproven winger in Bolarinwa, I think you are half right, the other half being Fenty skimping on us bringing in decent players.

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
We haven't announced our retained list but with 15 players out of contract it'll won't be a long one.

Just announced that Kevin Dawson is signing for Cheltenham on a free. The exodus begins...

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Was just about to ask about Kevin Dawson, thoughts?

He's a good player there's no doubt about that, however he hasn't been the same since injury wrecked his whole season a couple of years ago. Combative centre mid, good right foot but should probably score a few more goals. The big difference this season was that he was a lot more aggressive - 14 yellows and 2 reds meant he missed a fair few games through suspension. He's best mates with Paddy Madden at Scunthorpe which is why GJ brought him over from Ireland in the first place.

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
We've just released our retained list:

Under contract: Ryan Dickson, Artur Krysiak, Omar Sowunmi

Offered new deals: Kevin Dawson (rejected), Matty Dolan, Tom James, Otis Khan, Alex Lacey, Bevis Mugabi, Nathan Smith, Francois Zoko, Jonny Maddison

Expired loans: Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro (Barnet), Matt Butcher (Bournemouth), Shayon Harrison (Tottenham Hotspur), Owain Jones (Swansea City), Liam Shephard (Swansea City), Kabongo Tshimanga (MK Dons), Ben Whitfield (Bournemouth)

Released players: Ollie Bassett, Tom Eaves, Brandon Goodship, Alex Lawless, Joe Lea, Darren Ward

Bit surprised we've let Lawless go but can understand the others.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Kiko (Fransisco Rosa) has left Vale by mutual consent (was under contract).

Disappointed, he was out of his depth in a defensive point of view but as a winger or wing back he would of been exceptional with his left peg and skill. Didn't fit our formation last year and assume will go back to Portugal. If we'd played 3-5-2 as we should of done with him, Bikey, Smith and Streete we may have stayed up but couldn't get enough of them fit at once!

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Allegedly Barnsley are interested in signing Ollie Bassett who we've released.

That's 19 year old Ollie Bassett who made 2 senior appearances and spent the last year on loan at Dorchester Town. Now being looked at by a Championship club. Our ability to throw away talent is without compare.

Roger Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Contracted for next season (16):
Scott Bennett
Dan Butler
Jamie Turley
Joss Labadie
Mark Randall (transfer listed)
Sean Rigg
Aaron Williams
Tom Owen-Evans
Jazzi Barnum-Bobb
Ben Tozer
Marlon Jackson
David Pipe
Joe Day - 2yrs
Mark O'Brien - 2 yrs
Robbie Willmott - 2 yrs
Mickey Demetriou - 2 yrs

Happy with the above overall. Randall will be off as wants a gig closer to his MK home. Surprised we've re-signed Willmott and Jackson but hopefully Flynn can get a tune out of them. Need some strengthening up front.

Also, Dave is getting a facelift with a drainage overhaul and Desso pitch being laid over the summer.

Last edited:

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Here's ours. As expected really with Muldoon being offered a new deal the only real surprise.

Presumably Jamie McCombe has chosen to retire and Lee Beevers will also have to retire due to his serious knee injury sustained back in October time.
-------------------------------------------------
"Manager Danny Cowley has confirmed the retained list for season 2017/18.

Below is the breakdown of those players still under permanent contract, those to whom new contracts have been offered and those who have been released:

Players contracted to the Club for the 2017/18 season:
Nathan Arnold
Paul Farman
Sam Habergham
Sean Long
Sean Raggett
Matt Rhead
Luke Waterfall
Elliott Whitehouse
Alex Woodyard

Players offered new contracts by the Club:
Terry Hawkridge
Callum Howe
Adam Marriott
Jack Muldoon
Alan Power
Richard Walton

Players released by the Club:
Jenk Acar
Kegan Everington
Elliot Hodge
Taylor Miles
Alex Simmons
Andrew Wright

Loan players who have returned to their parent clubs:
Harry Anderson
Lee Angol
Riccardo Calder
Ross Etheridge
Josh Ginnelly
Billy Knott
Jonny Margetts

Jamie McCombe, meanwhile, has been offered a coaching role at the Club and Lee Beevers has been offered a testimonial match to take place during pre-season.

We would like to place on record our thanks to every player who will be leaving the Club and wish them every success for the future."

chrisblor

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Shaun Pearson has just announced the club, contrary to what they claimed, won't be offering him a contract and he's leaving. Absolutely moronic decision from the clowns in charge at Blundell Park, and whoever does sign him will have an exceptional, experienced and still relatively young centre half on their hands. He'd been involved with loads of work in the community, and coaching with the youth team as well - just a really great pro. I'm absolutely seething over this.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Some of the recent NL lot have probably noticed Bradley Wood isn't on our list.

The FA are involved and DC/the Club can't talk about anything. As far as I know, if the FA are involved, it has something to do with alcohol, drugs or gambling?

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Some of the recent NL lot have probably noticed Bradley Wood isn't on our list.

The FA are involved and DC/the Club can't talk about anything. As far as I know, if the FA are involved, it has something to do with alcohol, drugs or gambling?
I've sent you a message mate regarding Mr Wood, all I'll say on here is he's been a bloody idiot!

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Off topic I know but 4 years ago today we won the play off final to gain promotion to The Championship.

Today we're in the position where we narrowly avoided dropping out of the Football League and now have possibly only 3 players for next season having been rejected by our senior player(s).

What a shambles.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Off topic I know but 4 years ago today we won the play off final to gain promotion to The Championship.

Today we're in the position where we narrowly avoided dropping out of the Football League and now have possibly only 3 players for next season having been rejected by our senior player(s).

What a shambles.
Must admit I always thought that when you went into the Championship that would be the beginning of the end. You're just not geared up for that level of football both on and off the pitch.The ground/club was not big enough to generate the level of income needed to run football at that level. Nor the size of the town. I worked in Yeovil for 4 years and every footy fan I worked with supported other clubs ( mainly prem ). So you had no chance. But at least you have experienced it.

cufc17

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle
Pretty sure I read last night that Curle will be telling the players on Monday who he's releasing/retaining.

I don't think any of the players on short-term contracts will be here next season, apart from maybe James Bailey (who's improved since his earlier performances, but I still wouldn't keep him). Jabo is out of contract, and I think he'll join a southern club, maybe a return to Orient. I'd definitely be trying to keep him for another year though.

We have to see a defensive clear out this summer, not one of them is good enough for a promotion chasing team. Raynes, Grainger and Miller are all decent squad players, the rest are useless. Gary Liddle proved again yesterday he is a terrible defender.

Going forward there's already enough there, just a few additions needed. Mike Jones was a big reason for our early-season form, keeping him fit is key. His partnership with Joyce was very solid, but I'd still prefer to see a commanding defensive midfielder signed.

O'Sullivan Jones Joyce Adams
Kennedy

That's a very decent midfield, with Devitt able to slot in too.

Some big signings needed of course, but I'm optimistic for next season.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We've announced ours finally:

Released
  • Ryan Lloyd
  • Sam Johnson
  • Sam Kelly
  • JJ Hooper (contract mutually terminated)
  • Harry Pickering
  • Scott Tanser
  • Rigino Cicilia (contract mutually terminated)
  • Deniz Mehmet
  • Jerome Thomas
Offered contracts
  • Andre Bikey
  • Chris Eagles
  • James Gibbons (accepted)
  • Ben Purkiss
  • Gezim Shalaj
  • Sam Foley
  • Ryan Taylor
  • Adam Yates
  • Luke Dennis (accepted)
  • Charlie Walford (accepted)
Already left the club
  • Remie Streete (exit confirmed by Port Vale)
  • Tyler Walker (end of loan)
  • Callum Guy (end of loan)
  • Olamide Shodipo (end of loan)
  • Alex Prohouly (end of loan)
  • Leo Fasan (end of loan)
  • Seb Amoros (announced his exit)
  • Quentin Pereira (reportedly has left the club)
  • Kiko (announced his exit)
Under contract

• Big Clear Out, only one I am really surprised at is us offering Gezhim Shalaj a new deal although seems to be talented we never ever really saw him so assumed Brown didn't see anything in him!

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Must admit I always thought that when you went into the Championship that would be the beginning of the end. You're just not geared up for that level of football both on and off the pitch.The ground/club was not big enough to generate the level of income needed to run football at that level. Nor the size of the town. I worked in Yeovil for 4 years and every footy fan I worked with supported other clubs ( mainly prem ). So you had no chance. But at least you have experienced it.

That's pretty much spot on. Having said that Burton have managed it. The big difference there is they have a progressive, forward-thinking Chairman and Manager whereas ours are a backwards-thinking tightwad with no ambition and a nice guy but clueless yes man.

Our ground wasn't built for League Two let alone Championship football and there is almost zero off field income. It was so short-sighted it's unbelievable.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Elliott Hewitt the first of our out-of-contract lot to sign a new two-year deal. Good news, he could do with deciding on his best position but is a really useful squad player to have and young enough to get better.

Randolph Haggerty

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
[

Released players:Tom Eaves

He scored a few tasty goals whilst on loan at (?) a few years ago from Bolton.
Always struck me as someone who had something? No?

Randolph Haggerty

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Big job at the vale vf 16, despite your optimism, only 3 of our contracted players I think are first 11 material.
However if the eagles and bikes sign I'd be a little more upbeat.
Any Cambridge fans on here?
I've heard a terrible rumour that Ben Williamson may resurface in burslem.
Was he as crap for you as he was for us?

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient

What a shambles.
Believe me mate, it could be alot worse! Then again, we actually have around 14 players contracted for next season! Although most of those have relegation release clauses in them!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Big job at the vale vf 16, despite your optimism, only 3 of our contracted players I think are first 11 material.
However if the eagles and bikes sign I'd be a little more upbeat.
Any Cambridge fans on here?
I've heard a terrible rumour that Ben Williamson may resurface in burslem.
Was he as crap for you as he was for us?

I'm far more confident than 48 hours ago with the deadwood being released and Pope signing along with the linked players. Lot of work to be done but as you said get Bikey and Eagles and we will have plenty to work with.

#Beebot

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet, Maidenhead
We've announced ours.

Released:
Bira Dembele
Tom Champion
Sam Akinde
Shaun Batt
Michael Gash
James Pearson

Retained: Everyone else bar three players who have been offered contracts but yet to sign (club has not named them)

As it stands, that leaves us with a squad of about 30. Far too many long term deals given out too easily this season, which makes me concerned about who we can afford to bring in this summer.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!