Stickied Transfer Rumours 2023/24

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
That is correct. Heard that from several places.
Cheers mate thanks for confirming that, sounds like he'll be like former Imps legend Gordon Hobson who had a sports shop in Lincoln while he continued playing for various clubs.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Kiddy fans, we've signed Kyle Howkins on loan from West Brom, with you last season. What's he like? Position?

He'll need an experienced head next to him. He has a mistake in him but he's solid enough.

Reaction score
Supports
Gateshead
He's worth a punt to be honest Dan, he has been a bit around the houses but he's still young and a cracking finisher on his day , could do a lot worse than Ryan bowman

Gullsdiv2

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Rumours starting to gather pace that our captain and best centre half Angus McDonald is off to Barnsley a month after signing a contract with us. Poor discipline hence the 15 yellow cards last year but was a rock for us in our great escape last year. Personally think championship is a little above his ability but good luck to the lad, hope we get a good fee and an adequate replacement as our current centre half pairing of local boy Gerring and Sean Mcginty conceded 4 against Bath last night! Gus was seen shaking hands with all the squad and staff after the game so does look like he's off.

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
He's worth a punt to be honest Dan, he has been a bit around the houses but he's still young and a cracking finisher on his day , could do a lot worse than Ryan bowman
How are York, Smith & Fyfield looking pre season?

Reaction score
Supports
Gateshead
Doing all right at the moment Steve, York scored again v Boston today, and both fyfield and Smith have looked solid, but it's different gravy from next weekend mind, but please why the fuck did we buy Reece styth, if he has one good game for us a season ill be surprised, bit like last year when he was at the macc lads and had his one good game against us,

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Wes Fletcher is on trial at Macc. Previously of Motherwell and York.
Fletcher spent too long on the floor for my liking. None of the trialists impressed too much today. Pa Souley hasn't come close to scoring in any of the games he's played in. Emmett O'Connor may be worth a go however, possibly McKenzie Faulkner as well (if he's still with us) for some extra cover in defence.

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Doing all right at the moment Steve, York scored again v Boston today, and both fyfield and Smith have looked solid, but it's different gravy from next weekend mind, but please why the fuck did we buy Reece styth, if he has one good game for us a season ill be surprised, bit like last year when he was at the macc lads and had his one good game against us,
I'm still unhappy to have lost Styche, although he only played at his best in one game, against yourselves. He only scored one other goal for us, naturally against Grimsby. Give him time, he's a competitive player and I doubt his playing style suits meaningless friendlies.

Steve_Wafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham AFC
Just a heads up, York always has a good first 1/2 months at the start of the season, he'll get some goals and he'll take on the full back every chance he gets, but then after that 2 month spell, he just stops doing this, he's a strange player. He'll still get the odd goal, but he tries to avoid being a winger at all costs, drifts into the middle not helping at all and then when he has the chance to take on the full back, he just turns back and plays it back to the full back (easy option).
I don't miss Smith at all, as he was a shadow of the player he was the season before, I did think I'd miss Fyfield though as he's handy, but I think we've replaced him with better.
As for Styche, every time I've seen him play he gets sent off against us, brainless at times.

JSMITH083

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Twitter
@iamjoesmith_
Fletcher spent too long on the floor for my liking. None of the trialists impressed too much today. Pa Souley hasn't come close to scoring in any of the games he's played in. Emmett O'Connor may be worth a go however, possibly McKenzie Faulkner as well (if he's still with us) for some extra cover in defence.

Fletcher never was the same after Ben Chorley stamped on his knee in the March of our play off season in L2. Never seemed to get going when he returned the following season. He played as a sub in August but was in and out of the team, his pace seemed to have gone as well as his bravery. Somehow got a move to Motherwell and seemed to be injured a lot there but don't hold me to that.

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Fletcher never was the same after Ben Chorley stamped on his knee in the March of our play off season in L2. Never seemed to get going when he returned the following season. He played as a sub in August but was in and out of the team, his pace seemed to have gone as well as his bravery. Somehow got a move to Motherwell and seemed to be injured a lot there but don't hold me to that.
OK, thanks for the input. Shame if this is down to injury but he just didn't convince me enough to look worth offering a deal to. Looks like he scored a few goals for you at first though.

JSMITH083

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Twitter
@iamjoesmith_
OK, thanks for the input. Shame if this is down to injury but he just didn't convince me enough to look worth offering a deal to. Looks like he scored a few goals for you at first though.
Oh yeah, at first he was quality. Working his way to be top drawer for us by the time he got injured. All hypothetical of course but we lost Fletcher and Josh Carson in the same game, both arguably our best forward and midfielder respectively and there is a school of thought that we would have got through the play offs with their presence in the semi finals. Alas, if my auntie had balls etc... Definitely got the finishing ability, mentality was questionable towards the end. He might view any chance in the conference as a last chance saloon sort of thing, Barrow were rumoured to have him on trial on our forum.

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Oh yeah, at first he was quality. Working his way to be top drawer for us by the time he got injured. All hypothetical of course but we lost Fletcher and Josh Carson in the same game, both arguably our best forward and midfielder respectively and there is a school of thought that we would have got through the play offs with their presence in the semi finals. Alas, if my auntie had balls etc... Definitely got the finishing ability, mentality was questionable towards the end. He might view any chance in the conference as a last chance saloon sort of thing, Barrow were rumoured to have him on trial on our forum.
Well we're crying out for a striker at the moment. If he could get back close to his old form then that would complete our squad. It would all depend on how much money we've got left but he may be willing to take a cheap contract if it's a way back into the game for him. Unconvincing, but maybe a possibility for us.

JSMITH083

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Twitter
@iamjoesmith_
Well we're crying out for a striker at the moment. If he could get back close to his old form then that would complete our squad. It would all depend on how much money we've got left but he may be willing to take a cheap contract if it's a way back into the game for him. Unconvincing, but maybe a possibility for us.
If for some reason he went back to as he was for us in the first half of the 13/14 season (up till mid March) you have one of the best strikers in the Conference. He didn't do well when he came back for us or for Motherwell, granted at a higher level, but yeah if you can get him firing he should get 20 in the Conf easily. Big if, mind.

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
If for some reason he went back to as he was for us in the first half of the 13/14 season (up till mid March) you have one of the best strikers in the Conference. He didn't do well when he came back for us or for Motherwell, granted at a higher level, but yeah if you can get him firing he should get 20 in the Conf easily. Big if, mind.
Yeah, not getting my hopes up to be honest!

StanLee

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Wes Fletcher was excellent for us in a very poor relegation team in League Two when he was still on the books with B*rnley.

Very honest, hard working player. Will be a shame if he has lost his battle and spark after that injury.

Hope Macc give him a chance and he goes on to do well.

4froale

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
Ousmane fane Kidderminster fans?? Had a medical with us today.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Seems we're in talks with Rhead over a new contract.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Ex Macclesfield Town and Newport County defender Scott Barrow is on trial at Eastleigh tonight. Would be a great signing. Scored a great solo goal against our awful defence in our relegation season.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Ousmane fane Kidderminster fans?? Had a medical with us today.

Big, strong, tough tackling CDM. We should be getting a decent fee. Honestly can't see us letting him go for anything less than £70K.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Are Eastleigh buying a new defence a week before the season starts?

Nothing like planning eh?

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Are Eastleigh buying a new defence a week before the season starts?

Nothing like planning eh?

Pretty much every player around our level that's decent will have had a bid/enquiry from Eastleigh. It really does seem like there's been no plan other than just chuck money at anyone and see if they can convince people it's a worthwhile exercise. Some of the wages being bandied about are ridiculous - and is it right that league clubs have a salary or a budget cap?
On paper they should be right up there, but the lack of any kind of method behind the madness means they can't really go on and win it. At least we hope not.

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
Yip that's pretty much it, although to be fair we have been after Cresswell since the end of last season. We did of course sign Duffy who decided Notts County was a better option for him, so with Cresswell not at the time committing to signing, we went out and brought in Dugdale and Essam. Given we had lost or released all our CH's form last season (Turley, Evans & Reid), we were always going to sign at least 3 new CH's . BTW, Duffy went to NCFC on less money and only on a 1 yr deal, we had offered him a 2 yr deal, so the money doesnt always work, as players have big egos and dont want to drop into NL. Its an obvious fact that if you are asking L1/L2 players to drop down, you are going to have to pay more than they are are on to get them. So there shouldnt be any surprise in that. If you work for a large company and earn say 50k a year, you are not really going to join a small company at the other end of the country on the same money are you. It needs to be worth your while financially. That's all you are seeing here with Eastleigh and other big spending clubs. But of course, unless you are one of the big spenders, you will only complain and make snide comments about it, because you know that realistically, you cannot challenge these clubs over a season.
With Scott Barrow i know we are looking for LB cover, as Dan Harding no longer wants to play for the club (reports of a fall out with the manager). We have tried a few others at LB, but Barrow looked the part to me last night.
You can't tell me me that in the past the likes of Bristol Rovers, Grimsby, Tranmere, Lincoln and many more, haven't paid higher wages for players who have dropped down a league or 2 to play for them, but its ok for them and not Eastleigh, FGR, Barrow etc?
"Multi-millionaire spends some money", really isn't a shock headline in football anymore and with more and more of them getting involved with football at this level, i only expect that to continue and more clubs to follow suit. Sure some might go shit/bust, but not all. No different to the clubs at the top end of the game, not everyone did a Leeds Utd, Man City, Southampton. and almost go bust and fall back through the leagues.

Enjoy the season, enjoy your own club, dont get on hung up on the goings on at other clubs, as it comes across as plain jealousy.

Last edited:

Moss Rose Silkmen

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
Wes Fletcher was excellent for us in a very poor relegation team in League Two when he was still on the books with B*rnley.

Very honest, hard working player. Will be a shame if he has lost his battle and spark after that injury.

Hope Macc give him a chance and he goes on to do well.

Expect a decision to be made on Fletcher over the next few days. I hope we give him a chance.

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
Yip that's pretty much it, although to be fair we have been after Cresswell since the end of last season. We did of course sign Duffy who decided Notts County was a better option for him, so with Cresswell not at the time committing to signing, we went out and brought in Dugdale and Essam. Given we had lost or released all our CH's form last season (Turley, Evans & Reid), we were always going to sign at least 3 new CH's . BTW, Duffy went to NCFC on less money and only on a 1 yr deal, we had offered him a 2 yr deal, so the money doesnt always work, as players have big egos and dont want to drop into NL. Its an obvious fact that if you are asking L1/L2 players to drop down, you are going to have to pay more than they are are on to get them. So there shouldnt be any surprise in that. If you work for a large company and earn say 50k a year, you are not really going to join a small company at the either end of the country on the same money are you. It needs to be worth your while financially. That's all you are seeing here with Eastleigh and other big spending clubs. But of course, unless you are one of the big spenders, you will only complain and make snide comments about it, because you know that realistically, you cannot challenge these clubs over a season.
With Scott Barrow i know we are looking for LB cover, as Dan Harding no longer wants to play for the club (reports of a fall out with the manager). We have tried a few others at LB, but Barrow looked the part to me last night.
You can't tell me me that in the past the likes of Bristol Rovers, Grimsby, Tranmere, Lincoln and many more, haven't paid higher wages for players who have dropped down a league or 2 to play for them, but its ok for them and not Eastleigh, FGR, Barrow etc?
"Multi-millionaire spends some money", really isn't a shock headline in football anymore and with more and more of them getting involved with football at this level, i only expect that to continue and more clubs to follow suit. Sure some might go shit/bust, but not all. No different to the clubs at the top end of the game, not everyone did a Leeds Utd, Man City, Southampton. and almost go bust and fall back through the leagues.

Enjoy the season, enjoy your own club, dont get on hung up on the goings on at other clubs, as it comes across as plain jealousy.

Some clubs last as long as the person who decides to play with them is interested. Then they go bang. It isn't jealousy to point out that it isn't ultimately sustainable, we had an owner who apparently put money in that turned out to be 'loans'. The difference for us is that we are a big enough club to come back to this level. Would you?

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
The difference with us is that we had operated at just one level below this for years without any money. So if our money man did leave, is dropping back one level such a big deal for us?
I cant say i know with any conviction how high Chester once were, but suspect you have dropped at least 2 divisions, possibly 3 and good luck to you in finding your way back up. But for the record, we have only gone up one level, despite all this money we have.....so we are hardly on a financially induced meteoric rise up the leagues, are we?.... Most of the money going in has been on ground improvements, which you will see more of again this season if you visit. The footballing budget has grown this season considerably, but not a penny of that has been the owners personal money. We now make considerable sums of money with our commercial lines of business & rather luckily we seem to have lots of local business's and wealthy businessmen wanting to get involved at Eastleigh. The club have gone into the community and really whipped up interest. Yes we have very cheap season tickets, yes we have at least 2 games per season where its free entry, but these have been hugely successful and the sheer numbers of people through the gate have got existing and potential new investors & advertisers wanting to be involved.
None of the personal money our owner has put in for these ground improvements have been loans. So if he walks away we owe nothing and he has always said if ever he did walk away he would honour every player and members of staffs contracts as part of his leaving, so we wouldn't even owe players. Sure the best players would probably leave once their contracts are up, but that happens at every club whether you have money or not, or are considered a successful club or not,. As i said, we survived for years in the Conf south and never once looked like going down in that division, despite having one of the lowest budgets in that league for years. So we would just re-group and get on with it. Is that really so bad?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!