Tues 19th & Sat 23rd September

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Well you’re never going to win them all. Fair play to Burton, in terms of away performances that’s pretty much what you set out to do especially with the run they were on. Typical L1 this season though, anyone can beat anyone. Loved to have got something but no disaster on to the next.

Almost pulled it out of the bag right at the end but the keeper saved point blank from Wilson.
That's a very fair assessment mate. When your having a dreadful run you literally have to scrap your way out to achieve some kind of result, whatever it takes to break the cycle of continual losses. It can never be pretty till the out of form team get back a level of confidence that allows them to play their ' normal game' . Fleetwood play Burton this weekend, they will be well up for it to put even more pressure on the Cods
Time to man up, and also for new management to make their mark !

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Shrews at home. We usually share a home win each on the seasons we find ourselves together and I wouldn’t complain with that happening again. Might go above Derby if we do

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Relieved to win, although our fanbase wants him gone now so ideally we would have lost and he got the sack.
Chairman has apparently made some comments about fitness and results too so perhaps the writing is on the wall.
Still 7 out injured - which is his get out of jail / don’t sack me excuse, including Cole stockton.

I want him gone despite winning. We need a new direction as we can’t do this every season - start shit and then get good at Xmas. It’s hard work.
Warnock still good mates with the chairman - just saying….

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
thought Burton had some good attacking players to be fair and that won't be the first time they pull a win out of the bag like that. we've conceded the ball and the territory in some games so far, and won so we cant be upset when teams turn up and do it to us. some big handfulls throughout the team, the keeper was really excellent...not sure if the plan is for blackman to be number one but he will do well to displace him based on that.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
thought Burton had some good attacking players to be fair and that won't be the first time they pull a win out of the bag like that. we've conceded the ball and the territory in some games so far, and won so we cant be upset when teams turn up and do it to us. some big handfulls throughout the team, the keeper was really excellent...not sure if the plan is for blackman to be number one but he will do well to displace him based on that.
Their keeper had a great game to be fair. Just a shame he was such a knob sack. Win with dignity and some sportsmanship. Thought their front lads looked strong and put themselves about well, which caused us some issues at times.

Still maintain we were the far better side both technically and skill wise but it's just one of those nights where nothing fell for us or hit the post or straight at the keeper. It happens and we move on to the next game.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Their keeper had a great game to be fair. Just a shame he was such a knob sack. Win with dignity and some sportsmanship. Thought their front lads looked strong and put themselves about well, which caused us some issues at times.

Still maintain we were the far better side both technically and skill wise but it's just one of those nights where nothing fell for us or hit the post or straight at the keeper. It happens and we move on to the next game.
I’m in Greece so watching on tablet but when Willo hit that shot in the 98th minute I was looking for the ball in the net! Crazy stop that, mainly because he stopped it dead as any rebound probably gets tucked in.

We were technically far superior to Burton but we’ve been that less technical side in the past and buzzed about winning games like that I guess. More the one way to skin a cat as I say.

Does seem like every goal we concede though is a cross and need to be better at it defensively. It’s ok doing all the sexy passing football but if you can’t deal with crosses in the box nor take enough of your 19 chances to score then your going to get sucker punched

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I’m in Greece so watching on tablet but when Willo hit that shot in the 98th minute I was looking for the ball in the net! Crazy stop that, mainly because he stopped it dead as any rebound probably gets tucked in.

We were technically far superior to Burton but we’ve been that less technical side in the past and buzzed about winning games like that I guess. More the one way to skin a cat as I say.

Does seem like every goal we concede though is a cross and need to be better at it defensively. It’s ok doing all the sexy passing football but if you can’t deal with crosses in the box nor take enough of your 19 chances to score then your going to get sucker punched
Just watched the highlights. 1st goal conceded is a shocker, everyone left it to everyone else. The cross wasn't even good. Second goal you can tell it's not going to be your night...should have done more to stop the cross coming in but it's just fell perfectly for their lad. We had several situations like that but the ball just didn't fall for us. 3rd goal is a good finish but we missed 2 opportunities to get a challenge in.

We play that game again 10 times and we win 9. We're a miles better team but the luck was on their side last night. It happens.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion

What’s Greece like in September? Is it cool? Everywhere shut down ? I’ve only ever been in the height of summer and it’s splitting flags hot.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Just watched the highlights. 1st goal conceded is a shocker, everyone left it to everyone else. The cross wasn't even good. Second goal you can tell it's not going to be your night...should have done more to stop the cross coming in but it's just fell perfectly for their lad. We had several situations like that but the ball just didn't fall for us. 3rd goal is a good finish but we missed 2 opportunities to get a challenge in.

We play that game again 10 times and we win 9. We're a miles better team but the luck was on their side last night. It happens.
FFS I thought I'd accidently logged on to the PV board.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
What’s Greece like in September? Is it cool? Everywhere shut down ? I’ve only ever been in the height of summer and it’s splitting flags hot.
Been a few times and always been hot. Not as hot as July but still 25-29c. Wife’s burnt!

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Was there last week and it was 30-31 degrees all week.
Similar last year.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Another tough game on Saturday. I had Cambridge down as strugglers again to be honest but they've had a really good start and I think that’s predominantly down to their manager. He'll have them bang up for it again, so it's up to us to show our quality. Some of our technical play is as good as I've seen for many years. We need to defend much better as we seem to be struggling off crosses again. Hopefully Chislett will be back who provides us with a bit of craft and guile.

If we're at it and keep it tight at the back, we look a really good team but my worry is that we can be vulnerable at the back and don't punish teams when on top. We also historically perform poorly on tight pitches.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Another tough game on Saturday. I had Cambridge down as strugglers again to be honest but they've had a really good start and I think that’s predominantly down to their manager. He'll have them bang up for it again, so it's up to us to show our quality. Some of our technical play is as good as I've seen for many years. We need to defend much better as we seem to be struggling off crosses again. Hopefully Chislett will be back who provides us with a bit of craft and guile.

If we're at it and keep it tight at the back, we look a really good team but my worry is that we can be vulnerable at the back and don't punish teams when on top. We also historically perform poorly on tight pitches.
Tough game and they appear similar to Burton in style being quite robust and in your face, get it in the channels and balls into the box based on what I saw against Reading so we are going to have to be bang up for it and at our best to get a result.

Their left wing back looked decent so hopefully Mitch Clarke is fit enough to start this as well need to nullify him as best we can.

Have three really tough games on paper after this so a result here would be most welcome and a bounce back from Tuesday, if we can get it down and play then we’ll have a chance but if we defend like Tuesday and gift goals then it will be an uphill struggle.

Fancy a draw here. 1-1

Got a feeling Cass and Clarke will come in for Balmer and Sang.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
All the signs are pointing to a Charlton win on Sat.

• They have Alfie May (who always scores against us for fun, the little <censored>)
  • They have Chem Campbell on loan from Wolves...who was with us on loan last year and arguably didn't get as much playing time as he might have wanted
  • We're doing well in the form table, they're doing badly
  • Players will still be trying to impress the new gaffer to try and cement a place in the side

So yeah, 3 points to Charlton, oh well, we move on.
Still not sure if we are good or rubbish given what's happened so far this season. Stevenage was a weird game because we were so poor first half and decent second half.

Appleton has had another week to try and sort out our defensive fragilities but I still worry our defence and young squad could get bullied.

I'm hoping Scott Fraser will be back as he's exactly the type of player we are lacking but I'm not sure on the likelihood of that.

It's our first real chance to play May and Leaburn up front together which is a real exciting prospect. Made even more exciting that Aneke is now fit who is an unbelievable player to bring off the bench at this level, just a shame he is made of glass.

AmberRich

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Spain has El Classico, Argentina has the Superclasico, League 1 has... Cambridge Vs Port Vale.

In all seriousness we've started well, the trend so far this season is we win then lose then win the next again and so on, so based off that we are due a win. Our home record is decent, and should get another good crowd.

Stevens is out so Vale fans don't need to fret about him. Mannion will start, and he's mainly shown to be a capable replacement. A few argue he should have been number 1 over Mitov last season and Stevens this season.

Dunk's out which is a shame, but he wouldn't have started anyway as Bonner seems to prefer Andrew despite him being in shaky form.

A few calls for Fejiri to start now, he's scored 3 in his last 4 league games so perhaps deserves to start for once.
Will be interesting to see how Gordon is, seems like he might have something about him but we'll see. Lankester also has something to prove in the next few games, otherwise he'll become a target.

Port Vale obviously in good form, Bonner's praised them in the press conference today. We have nothing to fear from them, and we haven't drawn a league game yet but I reckon I'd take one to keep the points trickling in.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Our first Wadeless game will be against Stevenage at home.

The only hope I have is that we've never lost to a Steve Evans team at Whaddon Road.

And, before anyone says it, I know there's always a first time, but let me have this won't you!!

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Burton away this weekend and I'll take a draw right now. We've just signed Ben Heneghan from the Owls ( thought the transfer window had closed ) so hopefully he will bolster a leaking defense

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Home to Lincoln who are no mugs. I see they are struggling with injuries upfront and hearing that they are going to park the bus. I hope not as we have struggled with sides that do. Just need to backup tuesday win at Barnsley with a win going into Wigan away next.

AmberAndy

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Think there may be a change or two up top for us against Vale, but what exactly that change will be is difficult to predict. We now have good options which is unheard of for us over the past few years. This has got draw written all over it, but I expect it to be a highly entertaining one, as Vale are said to be playing some good stuff across the middle, and we move the ball quickly and effectively on the counter, whilst being difficult to unpick at the back. 2-2 is my prediction, but Vale will have to be right on their game to get that point.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Think there may be a change or two up top for us against Vale, but what exactly that change will be is difficult to predict. We now have good options which is unheard of for us over the past few years. This has got draw written all over it, but I expect it to be a highly entertaining one, as Vale are said to be playing some good stuff across the middle, and we move the ball quickly and effectively on the counter, whilst being difficult to unpick at the back. 2-2 is my prediction, but Vale will have to be right on their game to get that point.
I think you're right and a draw seems a decent shout. We look a bit vulnerable to crosses and I expect that you guys to be physical and a presence in the box. We'll knock it around and create opportunities....we've got some really good footballers in midfield and in the forward areas. If we're clinical, unlike the other night, and we get a bit sharper in our own box then we have a chance. Defend like we did the other night and we'll struggle against anybody.

I'd happily shake on a draw and move on.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Burton away this weekend and I'll take a draw right now. We've just signed Ben Heneghan from the Owls ( thought the transfer window had closed ) so hopefully he will bolster a leaking defense
Can’t see it been a classic. Got 1-1 or 0-0 written all over it as both teams are afraid to lose.
I’m hoping you leaky defence stays leaky. Mind you - ours is hardly water tight so fill your boots.
If you go on Saturday there will be a minutes applause for a young Burton fan who was killed going to school last week. He was 13. So it will be in the 13th minute.
Tragic loss of life.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He was released by Wednesday so you can sign unattached players after the window closed

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You have to be on your game to get any points in this division most of the time.

I’m hoping for a reaction from Tuesday so will see. Whilst the football is some of the best down VP for probably a couple of decades with our new recruitment strategy in fairness away from home so far we’ve generally set up more solidly and had less of the ball (although conceded and scored more away than at home!) and have looked very good on the break away.

Need something here really as Bolton H, Bristol Rovers and Pompey Away is a tough run especially with the current Sat-Tue run with the Carabao Cup and rearranged Burton game.

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Home to Lincoln who are no mugs. I see they are struggling with injuries upfront and hearing that they are going to park the bus. I hope not as we have struggled with sides that do. Just need to backup tuesday win at Barnsley with a win going into Wigan away next.
Getting the first (and hopefully early) goal will be key on Saturday.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Can’t see it been a classic. Got 1-1 or 0-0 written all over it as both teams are afraid to lose.
I’m hoping you leaky defence stays leaky. Mind you - ours is hardly water tight so fill your boots.
If you go on Saturday there will be a minutes applause for a young Burton fan who was killed going to school last week. He was 13. So it will be in the 13th minute.
Tragic loss of life.
I'm so glad you mentioned about the young fan who lost his life going to school. We were told this at our last home game and in the 13th minute of the match all supporters in ground applauded. It will be a difficult day for his parents and family, this is were football comes together and is what we all love about the game
A draw somehow keeps us both reasonably happy.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!