Tuesday 13th February - Fixtures

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Full set of fixtures this midweek.
Derby (H) - Never know what to expect with City nowadays, would take a point, but know all 3 could well be ours if the defence shows up.
Don't need strikers as we just get own goals and massive deflections for us.
Screenshot 2024-02-12 101806.png

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
After an unexpected 3 points v Posh, Tuesday feels like a free hit for me - probably the game we have the least chance of getting anything from this month.

We got done over 4-2 in the reverse fixture this season, from what I remember BWFC actually genuinely looked like a good side, it wasn't just your typical L1 midfield scrapathon which is decided by narrow margins.

We are finally showing signs of finally starting to come together as a side (it only took us half the season), but I expect Bolton will have too much for us, especially at theirs.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Tuesday is a must win for us. You have caught us at the right time. Our forwards cannot buy a goal
We will be missing Baxter, Santos and Thomason [suspended again]
We was dire first half at Northampton then we changed formation and in the end unlucky not to win it at the end.
Not a clue what team will start, but for me Collins and Gomes have to start

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Think despite an improved performance Saturday we will get battered here. We never do well against Peterborough, especially away bar the great come back win in 2016ish.

We used to always batter these at home but have lost the last 3 without scoring against them down VP.

Get through this with results going our way and a huge run of winnable fixtures, hopefully led by the new manager will be set up to try and attack.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
As is every game, a must win. Especially considering we have Derby, Bolton and Pompey in the next 3 games.

Jones will have learnt a lot on Saturday from how certain players performed in game so hopefully can make some progressive adjustments.

Lincoln aren't in bad form and I can't see us winning this. We can't score and our bad defending means we won't be able to keep them out

Last edited:

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I can't get my head around where Charlton are in the table given some of the players in their squad. Absolutely mental.

Anyway, as for us, we're in decent form over the last five games or so and playing better for longer in games as well.

Adam Jackson went off with a broken nose against Fleetwood so I'm not sure whether he'll make it but we have Mitchell back from suspension so from a numerical point of view nothing really changes at CB.

CM selection will be a conundrum because we've been playing with three in there but McGrandles won't be able to play against his parent club, Hamilton missed Fleetwood and has apparently had his knee flushed out so I doubt we'll see him for a couple of weeks and asking Bishop to play so many minutes in quick succession is a risk. I mean, it's a risk we'll have to take because we don't have any other option so it might be that we go with two CM's and tweak the formation or really risk it and play a three with Mandroiu centrally in more of a '10' - that means our midfield will have two of the three as attacking minded (and Mandroiu's mind doesn't really work defensively full stop) rather than the normal two who will do their defensive duties.

Draper also missed the game at the weekend and House is another we'd be risking by giving him too many minutes too quickly after 5 months out. That's another position where we might have to go from a front two to a lone striker for a bit and potentially tweak the formation.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
We have rarely beaten Cobblers in recent years, but all the games tend to be tight affairs. I know they’re injury-ravaged but so are we. It’s a must-win if we want to keep the miracle playoff candle burning, but in reality I’d take a point.

Tom_CUFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Are there any pubs closer to Fratton station than the Good Companion that let in away fans these days? We've been in the Brewers Arms before but Google suggests that's shut.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Will be a good time to play us, Saturday felt like we reached our limit, the injuries have racked up and you could see by half time we was struggling a bit. A few changes will happen, Piggott will likely start up front which is frustrating because he doesn’t fit into our style of play at all and he misses chances too. One of the young loanees will also likely start for us.

We only have two fit natural centre half’s as well now.

Can see this being a low key game, 0-0 or 1-0 either way.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
I can't get my head around where Charlton are in the table given some of the players in their squad. Absolutely mental.

Anyway, as for us, we're in decent form over the last five games or so and playing better for longer in games as well.

Adam Jackson went off with a broken nose against Fleetwood so I'm not sure whether he'll make it but we have Mitchell back from suspension so from a numerical point of view nothing really changes at CB.

CM selection will be a conundrum because we've been playing with three in there but McGrandles won't be able to play against his parent club, Hamilton missed Fleetwood and has apparently had his knee flushed out so I doubt we'll see him for a couple of weeks and asking Bishop to play so many minutes in quick succession is a risk. I mean, it's a risk we'll have to take because we don't have any other option so it might be that we go with two CM's and tweak the formation or really risk it and play a three with Mandroiu centrally in more of a '10' - that means our midfield will have two of the three as attacking minded (and Mandroiu's mind doesn't really work defensively full stop) rather than the normal two who will do their defensive duties.

Draper also missed the game at the weekend and House is another we'd be risking by giving him too many minutes too quickly after 5 months out. That's another position where we might have to go from a front two to a lone striker for a bit and potentially tweak the formation.
You'll understand where we are when you see us play. Totally devoid of confidence and cohesion. It's a real team of individuals. It says it all that we have loaned a midfielder to you, a team in the top half where he is clearly capable of playing but in our team looks woeful.

Now we've stopped playing wingers our biggest problem is bridging the gap between defence and attack. Our CBs aren't comfortable on the ball and when pressured often play themselves into trouble. Our wing backs create nothing going forward and aren't good defenders either leaving the CBs exposed. Our attacking midfielder is ineffective and our strikers are completely isolated and when they do get the ball end up panicking. Not only is Alfie May no longer scoring, he's not really even having any shots. Freddie Ladapo has a great record in this division and for us looks like he could play every game of the season and not get close to scoring.

On the bright side, Panutche Camara made a cameo against Reading and looked a real creative spark. He won't start but if he gets 30 off the bench then that'll be our best hope of creating something.

I'm hoping Jones reverts to a diamond because the 3 5 2 we've been playing won't beat any team in this league - hence why we've not won in 13.

Strawberry_Jam

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
Will be a good time to play us, Saturday felt like we reached our limit, the injuries have racked up and you could see by half time we was struggling a bit. A few changes will happen, Piggott will likely start up front which is frustrating because he doesn’t fit into our style of play at all and he misses chances too. One of the young loanees will also likely start for us.

We only have two fit natural centre half’s as well now.

Can see this being a low key game, 0-0 or 1-0 either way.
Who won't make the game?

I think for us we potentially have 11 out, so I might as well make a formation out of them...

Burge
Magloire Sherring Odimayo
McGowan McWilliams Sowerby Haynes Koiki
Hylton Hoskins

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
You'll understand where we are when you see us play. Totally devoid of confidence and cohesion. It's a real team of individuals. It says it all that we have loaned a midfielder to you, a team in the top half where he is clearly capable of playing but in our team looks woeful.

Yeah, we've been fucking dreadful for a fair chunk of the season, but if anything gives me hope, it's that a few of the players that up till now have showed very little, have actually started to show why the hell the manager signed them in the first place.

Dale Taylor in particular has looked really poor for us for most of the time...yet in half a season, he managed to bang in 5 goals for a struggling Burton Albion side last season - so he obviously has the talent, but we just could not integrate him. Now it seems finally he's coming good.

I think we have suffered from trying to completely change tactics since the Ainsworth years, plus integrate a record number of new signings all at once, and it just seems to have been too much.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
We’re really stretched at the minute so would be surprised if we got anything from Orient. Always enjoy Orient away, and we seem to have a great record at Brisbane Road so I’m looking forward to going. We’ve sold just shy of 650 so a healthy enough following. Would take a draw.

Orient fans, best pubs on the high road? The Leyton technical is closed I see

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Who won't make the game?

I think for us we potentially have 11 out, so I might as well make a formation out of them...

Burge
Magloire Sherring Odimayo
McGowan McWilliams Sowerby Haynes Koiki
Hylton Hoskins
We’re missing: Dan Agyei, Theo Archibald, Dan Happe, Max Sanders, Ruel Sotiriou, Jordan Graham.

The frustration for us is at CB, we only have two fit ones left in Omar Beckles and Brandon Cooper.

Your injury’s are probably worse than ours due to that lineup you put up!

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
We’re really stretched at the minute so would be surprised if we got anything from Orient. Always enjoy Orient away, and we seem to have a great record at Brisbane Road so I’m looking forward to going. We’ve sold just shy of 650 so a healthy enough following. Would take a draw.

Orient fans, best pubs on the high road? The Leyton technical is closed I see
The coach and Horses or the Lion and Key further down the high road are the two main other drinking points. The coach and horses is a bit of a shit hole IMO, the Lion and Key is also a small hotel and nicer.

The birkbeck tavern behind the tube station is also an option, but a bit further away from the ground.

Strawberry_Jam

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
We’re missing: Dan Agyei, Theo Archibald, Dan Happe, Max Sanders, Ruel Sotiriou, Jordan Graham.

The frustration for us is at CB, we only have two fit ones left in Omar Beckles and Brandon Cooper.

Your injury’s are probably worse than ours due to that lineup you put up!
pretty glad that Archibald is out, always seems to stand out against us.

I say 11 out, Brady really doesn't give anything away so 1 or 2 could be ok for tomorrow.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Another game to carry on the "run". It's getting to the nervy end of the season now. Mousinho knods towards some rotation after the grueling journey to Carlisle and back. Hope those come in can hit the ground running. Expect Morrison to keep up his wind up merchant tactics. Going for a 3-1 win.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
It's not far off being a 6 pointer against Reading tomorrow. An appeal has gone in for Bosun Lawal's red card at the weekend, fingers crossed it's rescinded as he's been a big player for us so far this year. The visitors in very good form so it's a toughie, a point is no good so Fleetwood have to win 2-1 to the Cods

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Wellens has confirmed we will have to make around 4/5 changes, the side we put out will likely be our freshest.

Pratley, Hunt, Piggott, Edwards and Adu-Adjei are all likely to start.

Our injuries to our attacking players seem long term as well, more concerned about our centre half position after the club for some reason decided going into the run in with only three to choose from and now Dan Happe is out for a month which is at least five games.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We might as well concede this one now. Peterborough away seems to be one of those games that we never do well in. They just always turn up against us. Our current first 11 is simply not strong enough to get anything from this game.

Added to the fact that Posh have just lost 3 in a row and their injured players are returning. They'll be looking to a game against us to bounce back and they will, comfortably.

Let's just declare at 3-0 and move on to the next game where we might get something.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Barnsley at home.

First of two tricky home games this week. Barnsley unsurprisingly are at the top of the table as they always seem to be when they’re at this level in fairness. They’ve scored in their last 14 straight league matches so I can’t see us keeping them out unfortunately.

Confidence should be high for us after a decent point at the weekend, I fancy goals…

Salop 2-2 Barnsley

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Wellens has confirmed we will have to make around 4/5 changes, the side we put out will likely be our freshest.

Pratley, Hunt, Piggott, Edwards and Adu-Adjei are all likely to start.

Our injuries to our attacking players seem long term as well, more concerned about our centre half position after the club for some reason decided going into the run in with only three to choose from and now Dan Happe is out for a month which is at least five games.

Both teams really struggling by the looks. If you can put out a fresher team I think you may nick it.

Dan Phillips

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We might as well concede this one now. Peterborough away seems to be one of those games that we never do well in. They just always turn up against us. Our current first 11 is simply not strong enough to get anything from this game.

Added to the fact that Posh have just lost 3 in a row and their injured players are returning. They'll be looking to a game against us to bounce back and they will, comfortably.

Let's just declare at 3-0 and move on to the next game where we might get something.

Fucking hell. We're playing Peterborough, not Real Madrid. They conceded 5 at Wycombe ffs. If we go there and lie down and get battered, I'll be livid! At least be competitive and have a go. We've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Blackpool at home - I honestly don't know what to expect. Their away record is pants, but then so was Wycombe's.

We turn up when we least expect it and when we do think we've a chance we throw in a shit performance.

We really could do with another 3 points ahead of the massive game against Vale on Saturday.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Fucking hell. We're playing Peterborough, not Real Madrid. They conceded 5 at Wycombe ffs. If we go there and lie down and get battered, I'll be livid! At least be competitive and have a go. We've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I have a feeling we will rest a few with all the big games with Cheltenham in mind.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Another win for us? Definitely possible. I keep hearing Derby are picking up points without really playing too well, so maybe tonight we can capitalise and beat them.

Hopefully everyone came through Saturday’s win without any knocks. Eisa up front will be key, but then so will the in form Aitchison. We need to keep Mendez Laing quiet and Collins is classy striker at this level.

Fancy it will be tight. 1-1 draw.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
Big game for the mid table title today at Orient, although they still have a shot at the playoffs despite their injury woes. Wellens has clearly done a great job there and wonder how long it will be before he gets an opportunity at a level above.

Despite our mid table league position currently im still looking down the league table a little nervously until we get 50 points. I think its just being so used to being in a relegation battle in L1.

Both teams have done really well to be as comfortable as they are at this point of the season (4-2 a few years ago and a 4-0 win in our title season that included Ricky Holmes goal of the season wondergoal).

Ill go for a narrow 1-0 loss in the end, cant see much in it at all.

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Another win for us? Definitely possible. I keep hearing Derby are picking up points without really playing too well, so maybe tonight we can capitalise and beat them.

Hopefully everyone came through Saturday’s win without any knocks. Eisa up front will be key, but then so will the in form Aitchison. We need to keep Mendez Laing quiet and Collins is classy striker at this level.

Fancy it will be tight. 1-1 draw.
They reminded me a bit of Sheffield Wednesday last season, pretty meh in general but "efficient".

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
We have a decent record against Cambridge over the years. Mousinho might be rotating a few players this evening as I'm sure he's keen to avoid any more injuries to add to the long list.

It's all about results at this time of year. I'm going for another 1-0 with the winner coming from bench intervention again like at Carlisle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!