Joining League Two for 24/25

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I’m sure carlisle will find their home knocking around the relegation zone next season, they bizarrely seem to get quite a buzz from it.

Most of their fans seem more interested in us than their own club. Strange little club tbh.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Definitely not bitter that everyone calls Crawley out for being tinpotters.
We are tinpot but we're gradually getting there. I'm happy to admit that.

The whole idea of the football pyramid was to allow growing teams to reach the football league and cut the dead wood that were stagnating in it.

Maybe we and you and the Mansfield's of the world will drop back to our rightful place in the non league but until then we should enjoy it and not throw rocks in glass houses.

Casey

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Can I just point out that Jeff King is a f#@£&?!g prick

We are tinpot but we're gradually getting there. I'm happy to admit that.

The whole idea of the football pyramid was to allow growing teams to reach the football league and cut the dead wood that were stagnating in it.

Maybe we and you and the Mansfield's of the world will drop back to our rightful place in the non league but until then we should enjoy it and not throw rocks in glass houses.

Casey
That's the beauty of the football pyramid. The likes of us who restarted down in the depths can hit the big time. Basket case clubs go down and hopefully get rid of their owners. Not keen on critiscing financially doped clubs because that was us for a number of years.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
So Big Dave, Carlisle just need the right nine players to get promoted.

That could be said for every team in the league...in any league!

Well yes I sort’ve when re reading post state the f*cking obvious but it isn’t as straight forward as that , I’m certain when summer comes a portion of them players will come from current squad when it’s deemed they will cope better in L2 than did in L1.

What I was attempting to say was Carlisle will have one of the best budgets here next season (got new foreign American owners 4 months ago, hence why we started aiming at the players Wrexham were going for) but having lots of cash in L2 to me doesn’t equal a certain promotion here where I think it can in other divisions and Simpson I am hoping knows this.

Our January signings reeked more of preparing for L2 rather than going OTT spending on ex championship players we may have been left with on ridiculous wages if we went down, they on whole seem to be in players who did ok down here but we need to still find in summer that big lynchpin in defence and that ‘bit of spark’ to even attempt a promotion challenge but unlike most here you could argue we started looking for these players months ago.

I personally don’t think Carlisle will go up next season, they will do well but they seem currently to have decided the main focus be on improving other areas of club than mainly on the pitch so money is being directed on lots of other projects from coaching and scouting improvements to millions on a new fully built training facility…….that lot takes time.

But the one hope is Simpson does know how to get out of this division he’s done it twice, the poor morale and low confidence is going to be a major issue it is tough to get out of a losing mentality, but in the two spells with us he has had a good track record of signing them players with a good mentality.

Think the kicker this season and where it went badly wrong was manager, owners and fanbase got extremely cocky when the takeover happened and suddenly players who were not drastically L1 quality but we’re working and batting exceptionally hard were all of a sudden constantly berated from all sides as ‘p*ss poor’ and ‘needing replaced’ in this mythical January market……..a lot of them seemed to start giving up about December and that extra fight left that we had since Simpson arrived, he still has probably 75% fan support which is unique considering that season but he will have to ride a lot of expectation and pressure when season begins and has a lot of building work to do.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Wasting a lot of money on L2 players to say that’s not their main focus.

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Good to be back, albeit it has taken us a lot longer than I wanted.

Has been an experience in fairness, been to places I’d barely heard of and watched us get twatted numerous times which was all fun and games.

We’re a different beast now, new ownership, better crowds and a bit more positivity around the town, not just the club.

We’re not the finished article but with the new owners and Cook and his staff we won’t come into next season underprepared. Hopefully keep Tyrer on loan from Everton for another season, although worryingly articles in Liverpool Echo are tipping him as Pickford long term replacement so worried they might have him playing higher up next season.

We need two centre backs, a a left back and a CDM. Our record without Mike Jones this season has been awful, he’s 39 now and doing his coaching badges so stepping away from playing. We’ve got absolutely loads of attacking options and goals all over the team but we will get found out defensively. We’ve already been linked with Chey Dunkley, Kyle Macfazden and Liam Cooper so confident we will have something in place. Wouldn’t be overly suprised to see Sam Clucas make a return too.
Would also go out and get a striker, we’ve only 3 on the books, one of whom has been out on loan in NLN most of the season so not expecting him to feature much, and we can’t rely on just Will Grigg, although he has been class this season.

Looking forward to renewing old rivalries depending on who’s around with the Bradfords, Vales, Donny’s, Wrexham’s, Stockports etc of this world.

Wouldn’t mind the latter two and that other lot going up in fairness, if weee serious about having a go next season the teams with the bigger budgets being out of the way will do just fine.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Most of their fans seem more interested in us than their own club. Strange little club tbh.

The nearest rivals for Carlisle are all 90 plus miles away they will develop a rivalry with a cactus if it pricks them hard enough in the backside.

The Bradford fans have been flooding the Carlisle Twitter on a weekly basis so it isn’t unwarranted, they just went quiet when the goals also started flooding into the Bradford goal as much as Carlisle goal recently.

Carlisle fans are the ones who developed a 10 year odd rivalry with Barnet for the fact they beat them twice in the conference…….it doesn’t take much!!

On positive side for that club it usually ends up with a large away following and lots of income.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury

Has been an experience in fairness, been to places I’d barely heard of and watched us get twatted numerous times which was all fun and games.

We’re a different beast now, new ownership, better crowds and a bit more positivity around the town, not just the club.

We’re not the finished article but with the new owners and Cook and his staff we won’t come into next season underprepared. Hopefully keep Tyrer on loan from Everton for another season, although worryingly articles in Liverpool Echo are tipping him as Pickford long term replacement so worried they might have him playing higher up next season.

We need two centre backs, a a left back and a CDM. Our record without Mike Jones this season has been awful, he’s 39 now and doing his coaching badges so stepping away from playing. We’ve got absolutely loads of attacking options and goals all over the team but we will get found out defensively. We’ve already been linked with Chey Dunkley, Kyle Macfazden and Liam Cooper so confident we will have something in place. Wouldn’t be overly suprised to see Sam Clucas make a return too.
Would also go out and get a striker, we’ve only 3 on the books, one of whom has been out on loan in NLN most of the season so not expecting him to feature much, and we can’t rely on just Will Grigg, although he has been class this season.

Looking forward to renewing old rivalries depending on who’s around with the Bradfords, Vales, Donny’s, Wrexham’s, Stockports etc of this world.

Wouldn’t mind the latter two and that other lot going up in fairness, if weee serious about having a go next season the teams with the bigger budgets being out of the way will do just fine.
We have an extra year option on Chey Dunkley which I reckon the club will trigger. If Dunkley isn’t with us next season, he’ll be at a fellow League One club. All due respect, there’s no chance he’s dropping down to League Two just yet.

Don’t know how you can be linked to players yet anyway as managers aren’t allowed to speak to players until the transfer window is open unless they talk to the club first. Can imagine what Hurst would tell Cook already if that was the case.

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
We have an extra year option on Chey Dunkley which I reckon the club will trigger. If Dunkley isn’t with us next season, he’ll be at a fellow League One club. All due respect, there’s no chance he’s dropping down to League Two just yet.

Don’t know how you can be linked to players yet anyway as managers aren’t allowed to speak to players until the transfer window is open unless they talk to the club first. Can imagine what Hurst would tell Cook already if that was the case.
I've no concerns about Cook getting someone to drop from League One to Two when this season he has had players who played 30/40 times in the Champ and League One the previous season dropping into the National League so i'd back him to get someone to drop one league no danger. FWIW, he isn't one of our top targets, but certainly someone who are considering as an option.

Dunkley played under Cook at Wigan, Cooks resume is players he has worked with and trusted - hence why Tom Naylor dropped from Champ to NL, Will Grigg dropped, Michael Jacobs dropped, Armando Dobra dropped etc etc - all players who are ex Wigan, Pompey and /or Ipswich. Much of our business will fit that resume and players who have worked for Cook, for some reason, are often very keen to work with him again. Another name doing the rounds is Lee Evans - one look on his wikipedia and I can see why.

Our summer business will be very easy to predict - hence why Liam Cooper and Sam Clucas will be on our radar.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
I always felt whoever came up short in last season's playoff final would stroll the league the next season. So not surprised at all and happy that Chesterfield bounced back from Wembley penalty shootout heartache and despair to win the title at a canter.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd

No we're not interested in your depressed shitty little L2 club. Yes little because you have a small club mentality.

Why would we be? And by the way you are struggling without Harry Lewis now not just for his goalkeeping skills but his character too.

Mark Hughes may have been a boring old overly cautious dinosaur but at least he took you places like the play offs.

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Gateshead have done unspeakable things to a fellow brother, feeling for the Pools fans, been there and we just cannot go back and face that kind of humiliation again.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Gateshead have done unspeakable things to a fellow brother, feeling for the Pools fans, been there and we just cannot go back and face that kind of humiliation again.

F*** me. Those sorts of defeats leave scars.

Never want to go back down there.

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

Completely uncalled for punishment beating, the sort of thing that makes one want to bring back applications for re-election - vote out FGR and Sutton vote Pools back in along with CFC and close the shop for a few years. Be tough on our partners in relegation Southend but that would be worthwhile price to pay to keep out obnoxious types like Heed and Bromley…

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC

Aup, Jonesy’s only 36.. still a spring chicken that lad is! Been an absolute revelation of a signing hasn’t he, worth his weight in gold just for his experience off the pitch never mind the qualities he’s shown on it (of which there are a lot)

Mcfadzean is the one I’ve heard most. Local and looking to move closer to home to see out the twilight years of his career. Also very close with Tom Naylor by all accounts and has been spotted in the batchhouse with him a few times this season… Blackburn fans rate him highly & saw he got their POTM for Feb which is promising as I know his age worries some CFC fans.

As for the Salop fan telling us we have no chance of Dunkley (if we are in for him), as CFC91 has already alluded too… don’t underestimate Cook’s pull when attempting to recruit players he’s worked with before, that’s all I’ll say on that.

Last edited:

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
Gateshead cannot be forgiven for what they’ve done to brother Hartlepool tonight. Talk about kicking a man whilst he’s down… 4/5 goals was bad enough… but SEVEN, we won’t forget.

Last edited:

Ainsty

Reaction score
Supports
Harrogate
7.1? That's not a kicking. For real men 8.0 and 9.2 are like water off a duck's back.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Still those 6 sides in the playoffs, maybe still a chance of oldham?

Fuck that, we’re out of here*

*probably fuck it up and lose to bromley on opening game of the season

Last edited:

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

I don't think I'll ever get over it bearing in mind that I live in fucking Gateshead. Thankfully no one supports them so I can stay under the radar.

Embarrassing doesn't even cover it.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
It's a shocker. Big summer for you I think.
Kevin Phillips only has a contract until the end of the season which is a good thing. Lots of players are out of contract but nothing will change until Singh sells up. He won't though.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
As a team you've gotta hand it to the Heed, the club has a clear plan, they are light years ahead of us and are probably the best pure footballing team in the division. I think a more streetwise side will win the PO mind. We just sat off them but I do wonder how they'd get on v. someone who'll get in their faces.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
As a team you've gotta hand it to the Heed, the club has a clear plan, they are light years ahead of us and are probably the best pure footballing team in the division. I think a more streetwise side will win the PO mind. We just sat off them but I do wonder how they'd get on v. someone who'll get in their faces.

Given seasoned league fans will have heard of these sides, but probably nothing more what’s the pro/con of a mystery side like bromley (i do keep using them i admit) for instance? which side would you pick?

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Given seasoned league fans will have heard of these sides, but probably nothing more what’s the pro/con of a mystery side like bromley (i do keep using them i admit) for instance? which side would you pick?
Hard to say really but probably one of Barnet, Bromley or Solihull. Think anyone has a chance down to Oldham (who could be dangerous if they scrape 6th or 7th).

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Our summer business will be very easy to predict - hence why Liam Cooper and Sam Clucas will be on our radar.
I'm gonna stick my neck out and so no chance either of them will be at Chesterfield next season.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I'm gonna stick my neck out and so no chance either of them will be at Chesterfield next season.
Cooper would astound me, surely no chance, and Clucas plays a position we're well covered in so I doubt both of those 2 as well. Kyle McFadzean could be a goer and I wouldn't mind at all, obvious concerns around his age and the fact it might need a 2 year deal to seal it aside. Still, it is a wee bit early for the transfer rumour talk. It's easy to forget there's such things as transfer windows after 6 years in the wilderness

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I'd fancy Bromley to swat Gateshead aside in a PO semi-final with the most cynical display of shithousery and timewasting ever seen in professional football, sitting on a Michael Cheek penalty for 85 minutes. Do really admire the way Gateshead go bout things, though like you say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!