3/10, 7/10 & 9/10 Games

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Thought I'd have a go at this one this time...

Tuesday 3rd October
  • Blackpool v Derby County
  • Bolton Wanderers v Stevenage
  • Bristol Rovers v Port Vale
  • Burton Albion v Wigan Athletic
  • Cambridge United v Barnsley
  • Carlisle United v Peterborough United
  • Charlton Athletic v Exeter City
  • Cheltenham Town v Fleetwood Town
  • Leyton Orient v Lincoln City
  • Northampton Town v Reading
  • Oxford United v Shrewsbury Town
  • Portsmouth v Wycombe Wanderers

Saturday 7th October

• Oxford United v Bristol Rovers (12:30 KO)
  • Bolton Wanderers v Carlisle United
  • Charlton Athletic v Blackpool
  • Cheltenham Town v Derby County
  • Exeter City v Barnsley
  • Fleetwood Town v Wycombe Wanderers
  • Leyton Orient v Reading
  • Peterborough United v Lincoln City
  • Portsmouth v Port Vale
  • Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town
  • Stevenage v Wigan Athletic

Monday 9th October

• Burton Albion v Cambridge United

Charlton (A) and Barnsley (H) - We'll be lucky to get 2 points combined, if we carry on the way we are. Just hope any defeats aren't too demoralising.

600+ sold for Charlton with pay on the gate available.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Cambridge on tv again? Why else would it be played on a Monday?

Two very tough games for us. I would be happy with 2 draws, shows how important the win on Saturday was. No idea what to expect from Tuesdays game, but it feels we never seem to do well at Posh, so holding out no hope next weekend.

HoxxySoxxyOxxy

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
We've had a great start so far!

First up Shrewsbury, who haven't done well against anyone good yet -
1696180785224.png

Then followed by Rovers who did get a draw at Portsmouth -
1696180971398.png

We have every right to be confident with the start we've had, just gotta keep it going!!

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Pompey A - well it’s still early days yet and the table is still relatively meaningless, but you have to be impressed with their start.

We’ve never won at Fratton Park (in the league at least) and I can’t see that changing on Tuesday.

Don’t know how Portsmouth set themselves up these days but on the basis they’ve had a few games scoring 3 or more, I’m guessing they’re decent in attack.

Which means we’ll probably play some negative grindball, keep it tight at the back and try and hit them on the break - we don’t always play that way but will against a confident attacking side.

Would definitely take the draw but I’m saying 2-1 Pompey, if they’re a strong side then I don’t think we’ve got the attacking quality to beat them.

I’m more concerned with Fleetwood (A), if you’re hoping for anything out of any given season then you need to consistently put away the mediocre and the struggling sides, it’s not about beating the top 6.

I’d hope for a narrow win there and I think we can do it, but time will tell. 0-1 hopefully.

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
If you come to shut up shop it’ll offer your best chance to play to our apparent weakness. Cheltenham’s sole point was in a 0-0 at our place early on.

I think we’re a different animal now and I’d like to think we’ve got the craft to outsmart teams parking the bus.

Top of the league, unbeaten since March, it’s got all the hallmarks of a convincing home win.

1-1.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Two tricky away games but we’ve been better on the road in fairness.

Bristol Rovers up first who we always seem to play on a Tuesday night; maybe not the time to point out we haven’t won in the league on a Tuesday night since Salford in April 2022!

Need a result here with Pompey up after (all be it that is the typical one for Vale to win) and Rovers seem a bit hit and miss.

A point would be ok but we need to put in a decent performance to get anything.

Robie

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I’m loving the confidence of top of the league Pompey right now. :whistle:

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Interesting week ahead, Cheltenham away on Tuesday and we would hope to get something from the game after the weekend s morale boosting win. Be missing Johnston and Rooney so can see Josh Earl dropping back and Maybe Nsiala. Looked more solid at the back with Heneghan and Lawal. A hard fought 1-0 win would go down well but sooner or later the hosts are bound to score, just hope they can wait till next weekend
I reserve my comments for the Wickum game till nearer the eeekend

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
Pompey A - well it’s still early days yet and the table is still relatively meaningless, but you have to be impressed with their start.

We’ve never won at Fratton Park (in the league at least) and I can’t see that changing on Tuesday.

Don’t know how Portsmouth set themselves up these days but on the basis they’ve had a few games scoring 3 or more, I’m guessing they’re decent in attack.

Which means we’ll probably play some negative grindball, keep it tight at the back and try and hit them on the break - we don’t always play that way but will against a confident attacking side.

Would definitely take the draw but I’m saying 2-1 Pompey, if they’re a strong side then I don’t think we’ve got the attacking quality to beat them.

I’m more concerned with Fleetwood (A), if you’re hoping for anything out of any given season then you need to consistently put away the mediocre and the struggling sides, it’s not about beating the top 6.

I’d hope for a narrow win there and I think we can do it, but time will tell. 0-1 hopefully.
To be fair we've not done too well against sides who park the bus. Cheltenhams only point was at Fratton Park. We seem a good all round outfit to be fair. Very good defence, midfield who can keep the ball and get in moving. Lane is hit form and Bishop is a handful. Our captain Pack will be out after a poor challenge where Wyke got a red. First choice LB Ogivile not ready to return from injury, yet were limiting sides to very few shots on target. Derby and Wigan away they had 1 each. We have turned a corner slightly that we are now scoring from set pieces. Poole has 3 goals so far. Big week for us after three mega long trips in 2 weeks.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Interesting week ahead, Cheltenham away on Tuesday and we would hope to get something from the game after the weekend s morale boosting win. Be missing Johnston and Rooney so can see Josh Earl dropping back and Maybe Nsiala. Looked more solid at the back with Heneghan and Lawal. A hard fought 1-0 win would go down well but sooner or later the hosts are bound to score, just hope they can wait till next weekend
I reserve my comments for the Wickum game till nearer the eeekend
We absolutely have to score and win in this game. Clarke's first game in charge. I honestly think the roof might come off the stands when we score.

I honestly don't know how to call it, but I know the fans will be well up for it.

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I’m loving the confidence of top of the league Pompey right now. :whistle:
We've seen enough promising early starts fade away to nothing, to not get carried away, let alone have any confidence!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I am assuming we will be revealing a new 3rd kit for our game as our two kits clash with Rovers being White home, Blue away!

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Not sure what to expect at the Valley. Charlton are a big name but they’ve had a mediocre start, so we’ve got to back ourselves to get something. Mitchell will be back and maybe the lesser known Muskwe will make the bench! Aitchison also being fit again is a huge boost.

We need a reaction and if we perform like we have a few times this season, we can definitely come away with a good result.

Barnsley home is another toughie but as above, we have to back ourselves, particularly at home. Generally we play better against the bigger names so hopefully Saturday will be the same.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Two tricky away games but we’ve been better on the road in fairness.

Bristol Rovers up first who we always seem to play on a Tuesday night; maybe not the time to point out we haven’t won in the league on a Tuesday night since Salford in April 2022!

Need a result here with Pompey up after (all be it that is the typical one for Vale to win) and Rovers seem a bit hit and miss.

A point would be ok but we need to put in a decent performance to get anything.
We have only won 1 game at home all season and that was only a week ago. Sounds like you are in decent form apart from the last game so you should take a point at least here. Think you beat us in L2 on a Tuesday when Finley got sent off and Garrity scored twice although that was before Salford.
looking forward to seeing Arseblaster play, keep hearing you lot raving about him

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We have only won 1 game at home all season and that was only a week ago. Sounds like you are in decent form apart from the last game so you should take a point at least here. Think you beat us in L2 on a Tuesday when Finley got sent off and Garrity scored twice although that was before Salford.
looking forward to seeing Arseblaster play, keep hearing you lot raving about him
We did yes, I recall us winning 3-0 on a Tuesday when I came down a few years before when Sean Rigg scored a stunner, but lost 2-0 on a Tuesday when we had our previous promotion season and had a wobble.

We've been in good form losing 2 in 12 but those 2 have come in the last 4 so could go either way.

Assuming we don't tinker and the Blaster plays but he has been a quality signing, just his movement, vision and touch are miles above this level. He wont be here past January I imagine, just going to enjoy watching him whilst he is here.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We did yes, I recall us winning 3-0 on a Tuesday when I came down a few years before when Sean Rigg scored a stunner, but lost 2-0 on a Tuesday when we had our previous promotion season and had a wobble.

We've been in good form losing 2 in 12 but those 2 have come in the last 4 so could go either way.

Assuming we don't tinker and the Blaster plays but he has been a quality signing, just his movement, vision and touch are miles above this level. He wont be here past January I imagine, just going to enjoy watching him whilst he is here.
Sounds like what we had with Elliot Anderson who is now a champions league player. We only have 1 available CB as 2 have got injured and one was loaned out to Morecambe, so a makeshift defence to take advantage of!
Luke Thomas went off injured at Peterborough so that might be another one out unfortunately for us.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Sounds like what we had with Elliot Anderson who is now a champions league player. We only have 1 available CB as 2 have got injured and one was loaned out to Morecambe, so a makeshift defence to take advantage of!
Luke Thomas went off injured at Peterborough so that might be another one out unfortunately for us.
We dont score many goals! We have an excellent midfield full of good footballers but basically play 2 number 10's behind a number 10! Loft is injured so its Wilson who's more of a 10 or Thomas who's very pacey but a youngster.

Our biggest threat is probably Garrity again, he's found his 21/22 form scored 4 in a row before last weekend but wouldn't worry too much about strikers as we don't have any! Its a very different Vale side in how we play its football and good football but we are a striker short of challenging for me.. and we don't defend crosses very well!

You've always seemed to get decent loan players in and been a huge issue for us as they hardly ever seem to work out but Arblaster has been our "Elliott Anderson" all be it a fairly different type of player! I'd never heard of him but Blades fans were raving about him (but dont all clubs fans when they loan one out) if we can get Alfie Devine up to his level as he is technically the one with the bigger reputation we will be laughing but he has been more hit and miss so far.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
We've seen enough promising early starts fade away to nothing, to not get carried away, let alone have any confidence!
I'm more confident with the performances. For the majority of Wigan, Derby and Barnsley away games we were very good. Actually gutted we didn't get the win at Derby as we limited then to 1 shot on target which was a dubious pen. Same with Wigan away, only 1 shots on target against. We seem to have abit of calmess about us. Prior to this season if we conceded first we'd go under and struggle to get back into the game, but we seem to just pick up and go again. Think we've not had 7 matches this season where we've conceded first, and probably only Peterborough at home we deserved to be losing at that point. We are also starting to get a few our of injuries back as we've gone the last month with only 1 fit forward, last 3 matches with our first choice LB aswell

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We dont score many goals! We have an excellent midfield full of good footballers but basically play 2 number 10's behind a number 10! Loft is injured so its Wilson who's more of a 10 or Thomas who's very pacey but a youngster.

Our biggest threat is probably Garrity again, he's found his 21/22 form scored 4 in a row before last weekend but wouldn't worry too much about strikers as we don't have any! Its a very different Vale side in how we play its football and good football but we are a striker short of challenging for me.. and we don't defend crosses very well!

You've always seemed to get decent loan players in and been a huge issue for us as they hardly ever seem to work out but Arblaster has been our "Elliott Anderson" all be it a fairly different type of player! I'd never heard of him but Blades fans were raving about him (but dont all clubs fans when they loan one out) if we can get Alfie Devine up to his level as he is technically the one with the bigger reputation we will be laughing but he has been more hit and miss so far.
We dont keep many clean sheets!
Luke Thomas confirmed out for a few weeks, that's the last of any pace we had gone :ffs:. Not very confident about tomorrow now, although I wasnt anyway.
Id take a draw tbh

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
We absolutely have to score and win in this game. Clarke's first game in charge. I honestly think the roof might come off the stands when we score.

I honestly don't know how to call it, but I know the fans will be well up for it.
I know what you mean when you say the roof might come off when you score
When Fleetwood scored at the weekend you would have thought they'd just won the FA Cup !!!

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We dont keep many clean sheets!
Luke Thomas confirmed out for a few weeks, that's the last of any pace we had gone :ffs:. Not very confident about tomorrow now, although I wasnt anyway.
Id take a draw tbh
I feel like we've hit a slight bump in form. Things that were dropping for us all of a sudden don't seem to be. One or two injuries creeping in too. Not quite as fluent as we were.

I still feel like Rovers will be up and around the top 6, so this is a very tough away game. Just got to hope that your heads have dropped a bit after your manager's bizarre rant the other day.

I'd snap your hand off for a draw but can see us dropping down into mid table over the next few very tough games.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I feel like we've hit a slight bump in form. Things that were dropping for us all of a sudden don't seem to be. One or two injuries creeping in too. Not quite as fluent as we were.

I still feel like Rovers will be up and around the top 6, so this is a very tough away game. Just got to hope that your heads have dropped a bit after your manager's bizarre rant the other day.

I'd snap your hand off for a draw but can see us dropping down into mid table over the next few very tough games.
Interesting to see how the next few weeks pan out, assuming Fleetwood gets P-P we have Rovers, Pompey and Stevenage away in successive games before Peterborough at VP so a horrible run on paper that.

That said we said the first 4 were horror games and got 7 points so you just don’t know, the one positive despite the 1 point in 3 games is the performances largely have still been there and arguably deserved more from all 3, Burton we should of won 3 games with the chances we had and dominance, Cambridge we had chances to kill it before their equaliser and Bolton second half we probably would have been deserving a point.

I’m not too worried yet but a loss tomorrow is 3 in 4 and have to head to Portsmouth.

dwightyorke

Reaction score
Supports
Bergkamp10
Just to make you Bristol rovers and port vale fans happy you have Benjamin speedie as ref tomorrow night. He's fucking abysmal and shouldn't be allowed ref a game ever again.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Just to make you Bristol rovers and port vale fans happy you have Benjamin speedie as ref tomorrow night. He's fucking abysmal and shouldn't be allowed ref a game ever again.
Don’t even go there! Speedie was in charge of us at home to Accrington when he ruled out a good goal and gave us a penalty instead which we missed and let Accrington get away with some of the worst gamesmanship I’ve ever seen in football, literally never want him near Vale again!

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Away at Orient. Whenever they're mentioned, I always think of Gary Taylor-Fletcher.

Anyway, it sounds like we've come through Saturday with no new injuries, which is a big relief! We were supposed to have Jack Vale with us last Monday but he got injured in a behind closed doors friendly for Blackburn to get minutes in his legs and is out again.

We're at Posh on Saturday so we need something from this one. Don't think Jackson will play, he doesn't do midweek games as we manage his minutes, so either Mitchell (who wasn't in the squad on Saturday) or Eyoma will come in. Suspect Burroughs will return at the expense of Brown at LWB and Kennedy must be very tempted to start Mandroiu and give him 60 minutes before bringing Bishop on.

How has Archibald stepped up to L1 football? And how's Sanders doing? I'm going to guess his appearances have been a bit stop/start due to injuries.

Moonie

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Hard to see us getting anything from these two - Peterborough (h) and Bolton (a) - given our poor start to the season. Big Tomas Holy will be back in goal, so expect anything hit low to cause problems for us. Hoping Simpson changes the formation as 3 at the back simply isn't working for us...

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
We have Rock, the bloke who incorrectly gave a goal to Cambridge which knocked us out of the cup whilst they went on to beat Newcastle, and apologised to us afterwards!

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Reading (h). Have only won 1 game at home this year but have dominated 3 that we took a total of 1 point from. Confident we can get another win tomorrow against a Reading side it’s hard to get a read on.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Oxford away.

We’ll most likely have more shots and be slightly the better team but ultimately come away with 0 points once again.

Oxford 2-0 Salop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!