Relegation thread

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Saw on your forum someone saying they thought you have one of the best teams on paper.

I only recognised half of the names and I'd agree that Cisak, Kennedy, Massey and Simpson are good players but the rest are a combination of lower league journeyman including Atangana who wasn't good enough for us and played in the Conf South before that.

No way that Leyton Orient go down even with their owner (who I hope they can get rid of ASAP) but I can't see them anywhere near the top 7.

Adding in Parkes, Kelly and Cornick have probably been our best three players. Parkes played most of Bristol Rovers games last season. Kelly was Oldham's captain last season and cost us (allegedly) the best part of £200,000 and looks excellent. Cornick is highly rated by Bournemouth and is a real flair player and can legit make something happen. Additionally Robbie Weir played 38 games for Burton last season only really missing through suspension.

I agree about Atangana for what it's worth. Overrated by our fans. Kennedy is also pretty piss poor.

Bare in mind we also had Cox at the start of the season...

On paper our starting line up is top seven for sure.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Don't want Orient to go down,due to comedy value alone.Must be painfull for the fans considering you were knocking on the door of the championship a short while ago.But Bob Mills's updates on talksport about your basket case chairman are pretty funny.

Glasshalffullpools

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I can't see Orient going down either ....could Morecambe do a top to bottom drop ?

NolansOrient

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Adding in Parkes, Kelly and Cornick have probably been our best three players. Parkes played most of Bristol Rovers games last season. Kelly was Oldham's captain last season and cost us (allegedly) the best part of £200,000 and looks excellent. Cornick is highly rated by Bournemouth and is a real flair player and can legit make something happen. Additionally Robbie Weir played 38 games for Burton last season only really missing through suspension.

I agree about Atangana for what it's worth. Overrated by our fans. Kennedy is also pretty piss poor.

Bare in mind we also had Cox at the start of the season...

On paper our starting line up is top seven for sure.

I'm really surprised that you don't rate Kennedy. He's been hands down our best player in the last 3 games. He's not the most inventive going forward but he always tries to increase the tempo of the game (which as you know is essential for Orient), and is solid at the back. Him and Hunt have been our best players recently...not that that says a great deal

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
I'm really surprised that you don't rate Kennedy. He's been hands down our best player in the last 3 games. He's not the most inventive going forward but he always tries to increase the tempo of the game (which as you know is essential for Orient), and is solid at the back. Him and Hunt have been our best players recently...not that that says a great deal

Kennedy, imo, is a bog standard League Two left back defensively where he is average, doesn't excel at anything. He's okay 1v1, his positioning is reasonable with some flaws, he's not overly athletic when dealing with a tricky fucker. In possession he gives it away far too cheaply and is often aimless with the ball, he makes some good attacking runs but is let down by an awful end product and heaven knows why he's on set piece duty as they're pretty shocking.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
I'm sure that over the course of the season there will be at least two shitter teams than Orient. I've just never seen a club get relegated from this division with decent players before because no matter how shabbily they've been cobbled together there'll always been two or three clubs with crap players shabbily combined.

Don't agree with that. Oxford dropped out of the trapdoor to the dark inferno beneath with an average (not relegation-grade) squad, but with a dodgy "benefactor" destabilising off the field...sound familiar? oh, and it was Orient that put the nail in the coffin...(cue spooky omen-type background music):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/4957574.stm

NolansOrient

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Don't agree with that. Oxford dropped out of the trapdoor to the dark inferno beneath with an average (not relegation-grade) squad, but with a dodgy "benefactor" destabilising off the field...sound familiar? oh, and it was Orient that put the nail in the coffin...(cue spooky omen-type background music):

Yeah...this.

I can genuinely see us going down. We have a decent team on paper, but with tons of injuries and a hugely destabilising influence from the top we could easily fall away.

If so I think we would be gone for a long, long time.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

Ah yes, that was the day that Orient fans rampaged through Oxford laughing at crying kids. I read in the news that to this day immature young men in Oxford still dress up as Orient fans to try and scare the kids.

My memory doesn't really extend to who was playing for Oxford that season. I guess it's only since joining the old forum that I really started being aware of goings on at other clubs in our division.

pride_of_notts

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
We went down with good players who have since played at a good level including one of the top scorers in the division that season so having one or two good individual players have never stopped teams being relegated

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
If I remember rightly we were one of the favourites for promotion the year we were relegated to non league.

Edit: Actually I might be thinking of the season before where we just escaped relegation due to Luton's points deduction, as after just escaping relegation the season before I doubt that we were one of the favourites again!

Last edited:

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I can't see Orient going down either ....could Morecambe do a top to bottom drop ?

I don't think so. Despite us winning 3-0 they looked decent in spells. They currently have a lot of players out injured. But players like Barkhuizen, Dunn and even old man Ellison will give them more than enough in attack. Defensively it's a different matter, they've conceded a lot but as I said their attack will get the goals to keep them clear of trouble imo.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Newport really are struggling, also surprised to see Cheltenham struggling so much after last season - what's gone on there?

Theres always a side that falls from nowhere, look at Cheltenham a few seasons ago, from memory started well, then couldn't buy a win.

Not sure how many on here think, but for me, I always want to get to 50 ASAP, and even at this stage of the season, I look at how far we are off (33 points) and never totally happy until we're there, or it's obvious we aren't going down.

Another thing, for those that have been down in the conference would take relegation down there more seriously. I genuinely don't believe fans of sides who haven't gone down have no clue just how shit it is, like really shit

Football Purist

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Newport really are struggling, also surprised to see Cheltenham struggling so much after last season - what's gone on there?

Theres always a side that falls from nowhere, look at Cheltenham a few seasons ago, from memory started well, then couldn't buy a win.

Not sure how many on here think, but for me, I always want to get to 50 ASAP, and even at this stage of the season, I look at how far we are off (33 points) and never totally happy until we're there, or it's obvious we aren't going down.

Another thing, for those that have been down in the conference would take relegation down there more seriously. I genuinely don't believe fans of sides who haven't gone down have no clue just how shit it is, like really shit
When you find yourself in the same league as North Ferriby,Braintree,Solihull fuckin' Moors...and Chester,well yes,it must be pretty shit.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
When you find yourself in the same league as North Ferriby,Braintree,Solihull fuckin' Moors...and Chester,well yes,it must be pretty shit.

We lost 2-1 on our run towards winning the conference, 1,755 there with 1,200 Mansfield fans - tinpot isn't the word.

Haven't had the joy of playing North Ferriby or Solihull Moors - we did play the "old" chester though

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
For us and our current owner, the ultimate insult and embarrassment in the short term would certainly be falling to the foot of the table - Having forked out around £150k each on players like Gavin Massey & Liam Kelly (Both good players by the way) and spending alot on high wages for the likes of Jordan Bowery, Robbie Weir & Tom Parkes - Who all played big parts in getting their respective teams promoted over a 46 game season.

It would show how incapable he is of forming any sort of man management or spirit within a business. All he does is employ yes men and employees who he knows will kneel down to him and suck his cock full on, while he does what the hell he wants.

When he bought us, we were a top League One side, so to fall to the bottom of the professional pyramid in his 2 years here would be highly amusing.

UTS

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
For us and our current owner, the ultimate insult and embarrassment in the short term would certainly be falling to the foot of the table - Having forked out around £150k each on players like Gavin Massey & Liam Kelly (Both good players by the way) and spending alot on high wages for the likes of Jordan Bowery, Robbie Weir & Tom Parkes - Who all played big parts in getting their respective teams promoted over a 46 game season.

It would show how incapable he is of forming any sort of man management or spirit within a business. All he does is employ yes men and employees who he knows will kneel down to him and suck his cock full on, while he does what the hell he wants.

When he bought us, we were a top League One side, so to fall to the bottom of the professional pyramid in his 2 years here would be highly amusing.
You go on as if you have fallen from the Premier League to league Two like Pompey, or 'done a Stockport'. When in reality you have merely been relegated one league below to a division you only escaped 10 years ago. Bar one season you weren't a 'top league One side' either.

NolansOrient

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
You go on as if you have fallen from the Premier League to league Two like Pompey, or 'done a Stockport'. When in reality you have merely been relegated one league below to a division you only escaped 10 years ago. Bar one season you weren't a 'top league One side' either.

Fair point, but we were a decent League 1 side, finishing 8th not long before our near-promotion season. If it hadn't have been the year Wolves and Brentford both played like genuine Championship sides we would've gone up, not that it matters at all now.

I think I would actually take a spell in the Conference over our maniac owner continuing in charge.

Just wish our fans would band together and do something a la Charlton.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
If we get relegated with this squad Tisdale and most of the players will have to go. Shocking under-performance so far this season.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient

You talk about this like you actually have a clue. The on the pitch stuff isn't even remotely significant. Crawl back to your pit and get on with jerking off over your derby with Rochdale.

UTS

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
You talk about this like you actually have a clue. The on the pitch stuff isn't even remotely significant. Crawl back to your pit and get on with jerking off over your derby with Rochdale.
Odd insult. We have a local derby with Rochdale well done for noticing.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
I think you've mis-understood my point a bit, but maybe I've not been too clear myself.

Our current owner came in and has been throwing money at us for 2 years - Alot of money for a club of our size. We've always been used to feeding off scraps in terms of money, but thats the way it is.

We've paid sizeable transfer fees for a few players - £300k for two alone this summer, Barry Hearn barely scrapped poast that in 19 years.

He has paid players god knows how much in wages these last 2 years. The likes of Andrea Dossena £7k-£14k in weekly wages, Darius Henderson £10k in weekly wages, Jobi McAnuff - £8k in weekly wages, Shane Lowry, Jay Simpson and Dean Cox - around £5k in weekly wages and Simpson is still here now on that wage. All figures are round ball park figures, but the point being they are insane and stupidly high for a club our size.

We've always averaged between 4,000-5,000 fans, for us to be paying out those sorts of wages within our budget is simply outrageous.

The point and grip I was trying to make, was that with all this investement you'd expect us to be stabalised at the bear minimum in League One, when he took over - But no, in 2 years all he and his large investements of money has done is de-stabilise us and take us to 92nd in the football league.

A man with a large wallet and no brain and people skills.

So when we do hit 92nd in the football league again, it will be the ultimate humilation for Francesco Becchetti at least in the short term. He claims to have invested £10million of his own money in 2 years - Yet we will be bottom of the whole pyramid. What a guy........not.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I guess the big question for Orient is what happens when Bechetti decides he's had enough. Usually that's the point at which the shit really does hit the fan. He probably has enough money to sell Orient off at a loss, but usually with these people, they don't want to make a loss, they want to try and recoup all the money they put into the club before fucking off, hence why so many bad owners of football clubs steal money from the club, try and sell the stadium to property developers, transfer ownership of the stadium to their own company, run up bad debts and so on. If Bechetti is just an affable idiot then you may be OK but if he's like most rich owners then worse times are coming.

NolansOrient

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
I guess the big question for Orient is what happens when Bechetti decides he's had enough. Usually that's the point at which the shit really does hit the fan. He probably has enough money to sell Orient off at a loss, but usually with these people, they don't want to make a loss, they want to try and recoup all the money they put into the club before fucking off, hence why so many bad owners of football clubs steal money from the club, try and sell the stadium to property developers, transfer ownership of the stadium to their own company, run up bad debts and so on. If Bechetti is just an affable idiot then you may be OK but if he's like most rich owners then worse times are coming.
Jokes on him, the last owner already nicked our stadium!

Hahaha...oh wait.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Jokes on him, the last owner already nicked our stadium!

Hahaha...oh wait.
I feel that if the powers that be wish to protect the viability of football clubs this is one thing they need to stamp down on. It's page one in the guidebook for dodgy owners on how to rip off a football club and profit that you 'sell' the stadium to a third party company you just happen to own and then charge the club rent. Screw financial fair play rules, make it illegal to seperate ownership of a club and its stadium, maybe with the exception of stadia owned by the local council.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
I think all Div 2 supporters live in fear of the Conference. For my beloved Notts I think it would be the end of the club, or we'd have to do a Darlington, utterly collapse, reform and play in a park somewhere in the Notts Alliance and crawl up to the Conference North and get stuck there looking forwards to. Alfreton away being the big one.
Scary stuff, and with the chairman trying to sell the club to an unknown quantity it's all possible again after a spectacularly steady and stable start to the season.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
If we get relegated with this squad Tisdale and most of the players will have to go. Shocking under-performance so far this season.
We won't go down. Going forward we look decent enough and Tisdale always tends to pull something out of the bag to keep him safe.

Expect we will finish somewhere around 15th

Madglover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
We will be fine, probably 12th-18th. There are enough truly awful teams in the league this year.
We do have what is probably the worst midfield I've ever seen at yeovil at the moment

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Newport aside (and things can always change) i don't think there has been anyone truly awful this season, and we may see some of those teams who current think they've too much about them to go down get sucked into a fiercely competitive relegation battle. It just doesn't seem as though you'll get the usual thing where unless you're a total basket case there'll always be three or four clubs worse than you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!